Bloodborne

PlayStation 4 Hardware Revealed at E3

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Jun 10, 2013 // Senior Manager, Social Media

We promised that you’d “see it first.” Now here it is: PlayStation 4 in the flesh.

PlayStation 4

PlayStation 4PlayStation 4

PlayStation 4

PlayStation 4PlayStation 4

PlayStation 4

Let us know what you think in the comments, and keep watching our live feed of the press conference. We’re just warming up!

All the news from PlayStation’s E3 2013 Press Conference

Though my PS + expires in NOV 16 lol

+ mariet91 on June 10th, 2013 at 10:06 pm said:

For $399, I think is perfect! =D

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on June 10th, 2013 at 10:10 pm said:

It’s a box.

+ igorrocks2 on June 10th, 2013 at 10:14 pm said:

dudes divide 49.99 by 12 than abstract IGC discounts Automatic Updates Gaikai are you insane all Sony is going All IN on you are you insane where is RIPOFF JUSTIFY PLEASE they Losing Money drastically all they need is your passion to play trust me to justify that Sony ripoff you hard you have to brake down costs of Plus with all added services to 1000 of a cent you still eon’t find portion of money you lost because you are not loosing a penny

+ igorrocks2 on June 10th, 2013 at 10:15 pm said:

@249 Subtract *

+ ArchAngelMai on June 10th, 2013 at 10:15 pm said:

@dodgedoors
Yeah I really love PS+, I have US and EU to reap double the benefits. Sure the occasional overlap, but honestly its great to be a member of both. Hopefully you will be able to stioll share with up to 2 consoles with Digital games since I buy digital often.

+ KnifingGrimace on June 10th, 2013 at 10:15 pm said:

Hey Sony,

1. Thank you for making the PS4 a reasonable price. Really, /thank you/.
2. I love you, Sony. Will you marry me? My girlfriend won’t mind, since she thinks you’re cool too.
3. Hey, uh, don’t forget about the Vita, okay? Still waiting on that price drop…

+ FreshRevenge on June 10th, 2013 at 10:15 pm said:

Where is the Batman Arkham Origins Trailer? I don’t see it?

+ XenoNative on June 10th, 2013 at 10:16 pm said:

Sony…thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

+ ArchAngelMai on June 10th, 2013 at 10:18 pm said:

@252
Vitas used at used game stores(I don’t mean the evil Gamestop) are on average $140, which is a steal. Picked mine up for $140 back in August last year. Definitely worth $140!

+ ixnine on June 10th, 2013 at 10:18 pm said:

Sony, feel free to take all of my money, my first born, my soul, everything. As expected, you won and it is my goal to get a PS4 on day one to add to my PlayStation hardware and software collection. Thank you, Sony, for EVERYTHING!

+ igorrocks2 on June 10th, 2013 at 10:19 pm said:

Sony bring community badges would be cool I thing

+ igorrocks2 on June 10th, 2013 at 10:20 pm said:

think lol so excited cant type lol

+ Lucent85 on June 10th, 2013 at 10:21 pm said:

You guys killed it tonight! I was expecting Microsoft to speak up about DRM after all the controversy that went on for the weeks following May 21st, but they didn’t even mention it. I knew Sony would. And not only did they bring it up, they freed me from all my fears and even TROLLED Microsoft.

Already pre-ordered my PS4 on Amazon as soon as I got the notification.

This has been the best day of my life.

+ RulitoCR on June 10th, 2013 at 10:27 pm said:

It is beautiful!! I want it NOW!!!!

+ NotoriousGamer on June 10th, 2013 at 10:28 pm said:

The PS4 looks amazing!!!! Thank you Sony its $399 and not priced any higher!!!!!

+ igorrocks2 on June 10th, 2013 at 10:32 pm said:

BTW preordaining PS4 after my Canadian citizenship next week Proud PlayStation owner who born in 1988 and owned PlayStation Brand on day one and NEVER betrayed my fun of life If I am person who lived in Belarus Was able to get PS1 in my home country I am sure 399 is nothing here in the west I mean I paid way more to save people and I definitely paid a lot money for Japanese version of PS1 in Belarus and fun part is my 7 year nephew still playing it lol surprised that it still runs almost 20 years after

+ WarHawk37 on June 10th, 2013 at 10:33 pm said:

i’m glad it looks futurestic and not a record player.

+ BxStaysOnTop on June 10th, 2013 at 10:36 pm said:

Does the camera come included?

+ Vcheese on June 10th, 2013 at 10:37 pm said:

TROPHY UNLOCKED!! PLAY YOUR CARDS WELL (PLATINUM)

CONGRATS SONY!!! you did what you had to do and im really proud of being a loyal fan of yours. I cant wait to unbox my ps4 at launch. By the way, when is the release date? and HDD capacity?

+ Nightmare142 on June 10th, 2013 at 10:41 pm said:

Awesome Games/Hardware/Price= Pre-order day 1

+ dodgedoors on June 10th, 2013 at 10:42 pm said:

@ArchAngelMai I also did the amazon preorder and protection plan

+ dodgedoors on June 10th, 2013 at 10:44 pm said:

I cant believe xbox is giving achievements for day 1 purchases. HAHA thats amazing.

+ XeahuleXolic on June 10th, 2013 at 10:46 pm said:

This is godly awesome!!!! I can’t wait to get my PS4 I’m wondering how many psn names i can have on it tho, I do share with my girl. Thank you!! I am super pumped!!!!!! Wooooooooo!!!!!!!

+ akilaguy on June 10th, 2013 at 10:54 pm said:

this console kicks ass, but the one thing that kind of threw me off is that I can’t experience “immersive multiplayer” gaming without PlayStation plus. I always bought used games to save a couple bucks, and I’m glad that you guys allowed the PS4 to support used games, but the online gaming thing is what made me faithful to the PS3. Other than Blu-ray technology which made buying used games almost like buying the new copy. Anyway, good job with the console and good luck with future endeavors.

+ gtkof on June 10th, 2013 at 11:02 pm said:

Will the PS4 be region-free like the PS3?

I always felt that was the most under-appreciated feature on the PS3.

+ djsaiyan on June 10th, 2013 at 11:15 pm said:

Guys, it is kind of crappy that multiplayer is now being locked behind Playstation Plus.

But look at the ridiculous amount of other stuff that you get with Plus. It was a ridiculously huge value beforehand, to the point everyone with either a PS3, Vita, or both, should have been subscribed.

You will not feel burned by this like those with the competition feel burned by their overpriced Gold accounts that lock out system features that are free on literally every other box.

Trust me. Does it kinda suck? Yeah. But you’re paying less than what the other guys charge and getting SOOOOOO MUUUUUUUUUCH MOOOOOOOOORE.

You will see. And you will love it.

+ WINTERZ3R0-01 on June 10th, 2013 at 11:17 pm said:

thank you Sony for working hard on the PlayStation 4 i was always impress and amazed how it changed overs years and its way of style, and shape also the way the gaming community works around it its was all ways amazing i love the PlayStation and i know nothing could change my mind out my childhood PlayStation 1,2(as a kid),3(as a teenager) and now 4(as and adult) i could never get rid of the systems i love them thank you Sony. my greats thanks to you and the people who work to make sony the best gaming console ever.

+ EVO-LUTION on June 10th, 2013 at 11:19 pm said:

The Dolorean of consoles!

+ e3rikva1encia on June 10th, 2013 at 11:21 pm said:

i hope its reverse compatible with ps1~3

+ FuzeCharge on June 10th, 2013 at 11:24 pm said:

AMAZING SONY IS THE BEST :)

+ DelicaGunz on June 10th, 2013 at 11:24 pm said:

Pre-Ordering this!!!!!! Great Job Sony!!

+ Shrewder on June 10th, 2013 at 11:28 pm said:

I wonder if the Wireless Stereo and PULSE headsets will function with the PS4?

+ kairis_dream on June 10th, 2013 at 11:31 pm said:

Can’t wait! It looks awesome!! You never fail to amaze me Sony

+ dodgedoors on June 10th, 2013 at 11:32 pm said:

I’m seeing things that don’t include the camera in the launch system :(

+ agjm on June 10th, 2013 at 11:46 pm said:

preordered mine from bestbuy.cant wait

+ amgone10 on June 10th, 2013 at 11:46 pm said:

I was hoping for some sexy curves and where do the discs go? At least it’s not a literal box.

+ agjm on June 10th, 2013 at 11:47 pm said:

love ps4 diehard fan here

+ agjm on June 10th, 2013 at 11:50 pm said:

i love ps4.i just ordered from every website i can.whoever comes first ill pick up there.

+ onionpalac on June 10th, 2013 at 11:53 pm said:

VITA? HEY SONY! WHAT ABOUT US VITA OWNERS? WE WANT GAMES AS WELL. THE VITA COMMUNITY IS REALLY ANGRY AT SONY RIGHT NOW!!!!!

+ dodgedoors on June 10th, 2013 at 11:59 pm said:

@onionpalac I think more vita news will be going on throughout the week. (spreading everything out instead of showing everything all at once) They promised a lot of vita games and news and I believe them.

+ neuropunk on June 10th, 2013 at 11:59 pm said:

I will just stick with Nintendo.

well, at least until you decide to one day grace your console with some good JRPGs, instead of ignoring them with your crappy interactive movies and generic shooter crap games.

+ dodgedoors on June 11th, 2013 at 12:01 am said:

They spent most of the conference putting -359 in the ground. There will be more stuff all week, I’m sure of it.

+ natawidjaja on June 11th, 2013 at 12:09 am said:

PlayStation 4 is look like DOUBLE PlayStation 2,
the power button is look like PlasyStation 2′s button
and the eject button is look like PlayStation 2′s open/close button too

but I’m very dissapointed there is no plugs for AV cable.

on the right, in front middle, should not 2 USB only, but 4 USB, to play 4 people :)

about earphone, is it include inside the PS4 box or separate sale ?

+ wolfgamer25 on June 11th, 2013 at 12:11 am said:

When can we see it again

+ NickMulder on June 11th, 2013 at 12:30 am said:

I’ve already bought it :) get to it guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Start buying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanna see you all at launch with me :p

+ natawidjaja on June 11th, 2013 at 12:34 am said:

hould not 2 USB only, but 4 USB, to play MORE 4 people :) Pro Evolution Soccer :D

+ Raziel37 on June 11th, 2013 at 12:35 am said:

+ BrianC6234 on June 11th, 2013 at 1:34 am said:

“Was wondering did they talk about games requiring installs and is the hard drive replaceable?”

It was just announced you can replace the hard drive yourself. Just like the PS3.

+ BrianC6234 on June 11th, 2013 at 1:37 am said:

Here’s a tweet about the hard drive.

Shuhei Yoshida