PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PlayStation 4 Hardware Revealed at E3

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Jun 10, 2013 // Senior Manager, Social Media

We promised that you’d “see it first.” Now here it is: PlayStation 4 in the flesh.

PlayStation 4

PlayStation 4PlayStation 4

PlayStation 4

PlayStation 4PlayStation 4

PlayStation 4

Let us know what you think in the comments, and keep watching our live feed of the press conference. We’re just warming up!

All the news from PlayStation’s E3 2013 Press Conference

PAGE 1 6 7 8 9 10

+ Fl1pFl0p17 on June 11th, 2013 at 9:25 am said:

It looks super bad.

+ Fl1pFl0p17 on June 11th, 2013 at 9:25 am said:

I want one.

+ Dannycr on June 11th, 2013 at 9:35 am said:

@-Dusk- First of all, you probably don’t even have a third of the stuff the I have bought from PS Store when even the PS Plus program didn’t even exist. As you can see from my avatar, based on that I’ve been invited as beta tester on multiple stuff when Plus wasn’t even a thing, so don’t come here all high and might saying that I’m ungrateful.

I deserve to be heard as a full supporter of the brand since launch. I spend a lot in the PS Store and trust me, Sony will miss people like me who actually buys their stuff and has the best of interest for then when we provide feedback.

Your opinion doesn’t matter actually because you are not critical. You just buy stuff without analyzing anything and without a critical thinking. Online play should never be charged….EVER! I bought PS Plus to help the brand and get the perks, not to be able to use a basic function.

Please, next time, don’t quote me, don’t reply to what I’ve said.

+ Kedaro on June 11th, 2013 at 9:35 am said:

So let’s get this straight, I have been paying for plus for my account, which my family of 4 can log into their own id’s on my ps3, and play my free plus content… this includes my wife, and two kids, who are gamers albeit not as avid as I, but gamers nonetheless…. now with PS4 announcing ps plus required for online play!!! which I was not against until i realized for me that doesn’t mean the usual $50 a year, it means I have to pay $200 a year!!! so my family can continue to play online together?

Sony I hope you’re listenning, because you need to incorporate a family system or equivalent… for people like us, or we’ll just say F it and go to steam. which is free for everyone.

Sorry loved your E3 press conference, and was super excited until this math worked itself out in my head.

+ Kedaro on June 11th, 2013 at 9:36 am said:

^ very important Sony, please address this ^^^^

PLEASE!

+ Kedaro on June 11th, 2013 at 9:38 am said:

I’d be happy if you’d be able to link up to 3 accounts to your main plus account that would get the benefits, even if you restricted it to the physical address I’d be happy.

+ yerT87 on June 11th, 2013 at 9:41 am said:

IT”S TUESDAY MO FREE RENTALS!!!!

+ bigdaddykarl on June 11th, 2013 at 10:02 am said:

Great showing of the ps4, plan to buy two of them @ launch

+ bigjrock25 on June 11th, 2013 at 10:13 am said:

How big is the hard drive and can you swap it out

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on June 11th, 2013 at 10:15 am said:

500GB and yes :)

+ God-Of-Lyf on June 11th, 2013 at 10:18 am said:

Looks like S#@! Don’t sugar coat it. Call it for what it is. For the first time I will wait for a slim model before buying…!!! (If I buy it at all)

+ Strangeheaven on June 11th, 2013 at 10:22 am said:

Ps4 is bloody gorgeous, love the design. Thankyou sony from me and all the true playstation fans.

I guess all the xbox fans will be defecting to playstation now.

+ AJJJACKSON1 on June 11th, 2013 at 10:24 am said:

QUESTION TO BE ASKED IS WHAT WILL COME WITH THE PS4 AND HOW BIG IS THE HARD DRIVE INITIALLY WHEN IT HITS

+ jason3064 on June 11th, 2013 at 10:27 am said:

is the new playstation eye bundled with the system?

+ igornaweb_BR on June 11th, 2013 at 10:30 am said:

someone know about pulse elite works on ps4?

+ Welmosca on June 11th, 2013 at 10:37 am said:

Oh come on….500gb?…we need at least 1TB….and please put the video of KZ shadow fall gameplay in HD on the blog.

+ yowzerz on June 11th, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

If any moderators happen to see this? Can you clarify when Canadian PS4 preorders are available? The XBoxOne is available at Best Buy, Future Shop, and Amazon.ca. Was the presentation last night that mindblowing that Canadian preorders have sold out in 12 hours? Or is this some strange Micro$oft conspiracy in Canada, where they are getting first crack on the market? Just a bit of info on the matter, would be fantastic to ease my impatient soul that is salivating for the perfection that is the SONY PlayStation 4!!!!!

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on June 11th, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

i only have two questions..1.is it ps3 game compatible? 2. does it come with the camera?

+ yowzerz on June 11th, 2013 at 10:44 am said:

If preorders have already sold out in the Great White North, that figures, lots of intelligent people up here who know quality when they see it!

+ lol123456789kill on June 11th, 2013 at 10:45 am said:

me encanta :)

+ BigStack007 on June 11th, 2013 at 10:47 am said:

Will the PS4 have an internet browser? If yes. Will we be able to update stuff like the flash player? Or will it be just like the pitiful PS3 internet browser?

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on June 11th, 2013 at 10:49 am said:

I’m glad that there won’t be used games restrictions on PS4. Are you getting rid of the online pass now that online play is no longer free? also, I’d happily pay $450-$500 for a premium PS4 with Backwards Compatibility, if that gets released I’ll buy it right away, otherwise I’ll wait around 1.5-2 years to get it.

+ Sponge-worthy on June 11th, 2013 at 10:50 am said:

How many USB ports?

+ yerT87 on June 11th, 2013 at 10:52 am said:

Is the store gonna update today with all the awesome IGC stuff? YOU GUYS ROCK OUT LOUD BTW!!!!!

+ yerT87 on June 11th, 2013 at 10:53 am said:

I see 2 usb ports on the front should say in specs?

+ dodgedoors on June 11th, 2013 at 10:58 am said:

@SID what happened to the camera? In the Feb announcement it was said it would come with every unit, now it’s not included??? please answer

+ Dark_Kanine on June 11th, 2013 at 10:59 am said:

What is that camera system next to it? Is it like the Move and will it be required like the Kinect 2?

+ paulokazii on June 11th, 2013 at 10:59 am said:

That’s why I love you guys .Keep it up!
PS4 here I come <3

+ dodgedoors on June 11th, 2013 at 11:00 am said:

It’s the new ps eye camera

+ diablo103 on June 11th, 2013 at 11:12 am said:

Congratulations Sony! I loved your presentation the only thing I’m disappointed in is the fact that both FF XVI and KH3 aren’t exclusives to the PS4. I guess I’m more upset with Squre-Enix however it still feels like a slap in the face. FF XIV is a joke I would have rather that have been multiplat. Btw there better not be exclusive content for those games on your competitors device. Hopefully your currently working on some exclusivity deal with square. Thanks for listening.

+ scorpio182 on June 11th, 2013 at 11:16 am said:

LOVE IT!!!!

Great job and price…

Looking forward to some more info.

+ Darewind on June 11th, 2013 at 11:22 am said:

In an interview with Game Trailers’ Geoff Keighley, Sony CEO Jack Tretton shed more light on how used games will work on the PlayStation 4. It seems that, while the system’s first-party games will be free to trade in or share without restriction, third-party publishers can choose to behave otherwise.
“We create the platform. We’ve certainly stated with our first party games, we’re not going to be doing that. But we welcome publishers and their business models to our platforms. There’s going to be free-to-play; there’s going to be every potential business model on there and again that’s up to their relationship with the consumer and what they think is going to put them in the best stead. So we’re not going to dictate that. We’re going to give them a platform to publish on.”
“The DRM decision is going to have to be in the hands of the third parties. That’s not something that we’re going to dictate or mandate or control or implement.”
Tretton also said that a PlayStation Plus membership will be a mandatory purchase if you want to play multiplayer for PS4.

copied from a Kotaku news article.

+ haitham333 on June 11th, 2013 at 11:30 am said:

sony you are really the best but i have one question why is the online in ps4 is going to cost some mony i think it better to be free

+ Strangeheaven on June 11th, 2013 at 11:31 am said:

Does anyone know if the ps4 is region free for games?

+ MyKarma13 on June 11th, 2013 at 11:31 am said:

I just preordered it but when will it be coming out for goodness sakes. My luck it will come out and I would not know and store would sell it lol. I have all systems you could have( that explains low trophies lol ) and have found that Playstation has worked hard to get on top. Vita started slow but having with 4 WILL BE GREAT. Microsoft sorry its just not your year. Need to think of you players also.

+ haitham333 on June 11th, 2013 at 11:32 am said:

how much it will cost in saudi arabia plzzz!!!

+ DonkeyKongKilla on June 11th, 2013 at 11:36 am said:

@gtech13 – Your biggest concern is a mic? really… A mic? Not a cheap mic coming with it I get that as Sid said it’s coming with one but a mic in general? haha wow. Can’t buy a bluetooth or turtlebeaches or pulse’s etc. I had a bluetooth set with using my Sony stereo headsets and they went together good.

+ WAZZ-UP-21 on June 11th, 2013 at 11:40 am said:

only HDMI good but what about the people that dont got a hdmi tv thats gonna suck

+ snakeeyes211 on June 11th, 2013 at 11:41 am said:

I ready have my PS4 paid off :-) hopefully we’ll get a release date soon #Manwood

+ harscombat on June 11th, 2013 at 11:53 am said:

wait you need a playstation plus to reuse our own buyed game on store no way

i make it easyer
we dont do it it lot of money

if i had a ps4 now i whant to log in go to my store en download it free now axtra cost?
i relay what to buy the ps4 but not because you al what money money money

think about ua we pay 10000 of euro on games consoles
we pay to much 400 euro ps4
new games 60 euro
redownloading 20 or 10 euro are you kidsing me

i what to redownliad from my old accout
payday 2 is comming if i buy the game on ps3 store i have later in the month aps4 then i go to the store i can see what i already have from the ps3 en i can redownloaded

react plz

+ TwinDad on June 11th, 2013 at 11:54 am said:

Not sure on the design yet. It does look allot like the original PS2. But I’ll need to see it live, however even now I don’t care much what the PS3 looks like.

Great that I can upgrade it with my own drive.

+ Strangeheaven on June 11th, 2013 at 11:57 am said:

PS4 VS Xbox One

No Used Game Fees Yes

Yes Remove and upgrade Hardrive No

No Sign in every 24 hrs to play games Yes

Yes Region Free No

GDDR5RAM Ram DDR3

PS4 is also $100.00 cheaper or £80.00 cheaper in uk sterling

Plus you cant beat playstation exclusives, and Dead Rising 3 will not stay Xbox one Exclusive for long,I honestly believe it’s a timed exclusive.

+ derb on June 11th, 2013 at 12:09 pm said:

@366

WOW

I should have have pre-ordered it from Amazon.ca, it was available late last night.

Yes it means they received too many pre-orders.

50GB per disc is my guess for capacity however I believe programming these new games will take less space than current PS3 games so 500GB should hold you for quite some time.

500GB is 465GB free space on PS3. Have to wonder how much the PS4 will use for its internal guts to be active though.

Still see people are confused about the release date. lol

+ JeremyG22 on June 11th, 2013 at 12:11 pm said:

Can’t wait to get it!!!! is so freaking awsome

+ PrinceJadson23 on June 11th, 2013 at 12:13 pm said:

I love it gonna buy the ps4

+ cowmamba on June 11th, 2013 at 12:15 pm said:

I’m in love. I really like how it’s a nod to the PS2 and PS3 combined. I really think this puppy will look great next to the TV. Once people get used to the new design they’ll warm up to it. There’s always a handful of people that dislike the looks of a new console when it’s first revealed.

+ GerolPS on June 11th, 2013 at 12:20 pm said:

Are there any Day 1 Bonuses for the PS4 launch? :)

+ derb on June 11th, 2013 at 12:22 pm said:

Yes the PS4 will come with the Cam.

Amazon still has the November 30th date up, however games are planned for a 17th release date.

+ mjdino9803 on June 11th, 2013 at 12:23 pm said:

Sony just killed it at E3 $400 can’t beat that with a grat system like this.

+ mjdino9803 on June 11th, 2013 at 12:23 pm said: