Bloodborne

PlayStation 4 Hardware Revealed at E3

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Jun 10, 2013 // Senior Manager, Social Media

We promised that you’d “see it first.” Now here it is: PlayStation 4 in the flesh.

PlayStation 4

PlayStation 4PlayStation 4

PlayStation 4

PlayStation 4PlayStation 4

PlayStation 4

Let us know what you think in the comments, and keep watching our live feed of the press conference. We’re just warming up!

All the news from PlayStation’s E3 2013 Press Conference

Transistor Coming to PS4, From the Creators of Bastion

Grand Theft Auto V PS3 Bundle, Custom Pulse Elite Headset & Custom Audio Mode

Destiny of Spirits Brings Social Strategy to PlayStation Vita

New The Walking Dead DLC, Series Coming to PS Vita with Bundle

PAGE 1 7 8 9 10

+ WAZZ-UP-21 on June 11th, 2013 at 12:24 pm said:

all i have to say is xbox sucks sony ownd xbox last night

+ mjdino9803 on June 11th, 2013 at 12:24 pm said:

I wish the eye came with though

+ d3enizpixxle on June 11th, 2013 at 12:25 pm said:

Awesome Sony. You did without a doubt have the best and most appealing presentation on E3 this year.

+ derb on June 11th, 2013 at 12:25 pm said:

@402

Unfortunately it does. lol

+ HecTiC_WoRLd on June 11th, 2013 at 12:34 pm said:

My question is… is it true you have to pay for online?

+ yerT87 on June 11th, 2013 at 1:25 pm said:

@HecTiC_WoRLd

Yes and no. To use Netflix and the other apps no, to play multiplayer yes. But if you pay you will be a plus member and get all of the IGC games and it also carries over from PS3 so get it now if you can and start reaping the rewards!

+ SDkngsht on June 11th, 2013 at 1:41 pm said:

LOVE the matte finish on the console & controller. It’ll look perfect next to my entertainment center. sleek sexy & powerful.

+ patsfan2007 on June 11th, 2013 at 2:10 pm said:

I already pre-ordered it.

+ PS_man1984 on June 11th, 2013 at 2:42 pm said:

I like how slim it is compared to the Xbox One, but that angled design will make it hard to access the ports in the back.

+ shadowdragon2007 on June 11th, 2013 at 2:47 pm said:

probably this isn’t address at e3 but is playstation home going to be on the ps4?

+ Carlosmorataya on June 11th, 2013 at 3:51 pm said:

it is awsome it also looks kinda like the ps2

+ whatasandwich21 on June 11th, 2013 at 3:54 pm said:

sounds crazy but will it have A/V jacks? im still living in a pre-hd tv world

+ pablofsi08 on June 11th, 2013 at 4:07 pm said:

PS4 still has time to implement retrocompatibility with PS3 games, PS2 games and PSX digital games and decline Plus being mandatory to play online maintaining online playing free for everyone. If they don’t, I will give the thumbs down to PS4, use my PS Plus account to “buy” free PS4 games and only buy it after it has dropped it’s price dramatically or they add compatibility with PS3 in any way they want to. I encourage everyone that bought over 190 digital PS3 games supporting this company to do the same. RESPECT TO MY PS3 GAMES COLLECTION!

+ PANTHER1030 on June 11th, 2013 at 4:11 pm said:

FIRST TO ME WITH KILLZONE.

+ Icestar10 on June 11th, 2013 at 4:31 pm said:

It looks cool! I already pre-ordered mine! I’m so excited! :) The only thing that disappoints me about the PS4 is that it is not backwards compatible. It would be nice if the PS4 lets us play our PS1, PS2 and PS3 discs and digital downloads through Gaikai. I would also love to see a new Jak and Daxter game.

I look forward to Knack, inFamous: Second Son, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V, etc. Keep up the good work, Sony! :)

+ Jimmyyy09 on June 11th, 2013 at 4:42 pm said:

Look amazing, But WHY is it SO BIG like the damn XBOX ONE. I was hoping it would be slim and easy to carry around but am still gonna buy it.. <3 PS forever!

+ coozm11 on June 11th, 2013 at 5:00 pm said:

PREORDERED TODAY SO EXCITED CAN’T WAIT TILL DECEMBER 1ST

+ derb on June 11th, 2013 at 5:16 pm said:

Amazon is sold out in Canada and the US

I didn’t see that coming at all!

+ NorthernLitez on June 11th, 2013 at 5:21 pm said:

Finally, you guys did everything right. A couple things I’d still like know are

1) will we get to stream the games we already have on PSN to the new PS4

2) Can we still plug in an external drive to play music or movies

3) How will the new PlayStation Eye work

4) Damn, you answered so many questions I think that’s it.

BTW, I’ve already pre-ordered the PS4 and I’m assuming most people on this forum have done the same. You did an absolutely perfect job at E3.

5) Little Big Planet 3 and Uncharted 4? Ah…I guess they are for the next E3 :-(

+ NorthernLitez on June 11th, 2013 at 5:23 pm said:

Oh…and to the people that are complaining about paying for online….get over it! The Playstation + is $50 a year and offers $100 of dollars in AAA type games. It is by far the best video game deal going and your current membership will carry over to the PS4 wooooot.

+ jugernut19 on June 11th, 2013 at 6:12 pm said:

Okay I have been a play station fan since the early 90′s and yesterday you have made me an even bigger fan with the way you wiped xbox off the floor and under the carpet its amazingly beautiful its even better than i had imagined for every xbox fan im sorry but this is the end of xbox playstation will always be the better system so again GOOD JOB SONY!!

+ jose213jose on June 11th, 2013 at 6:21 pm said:

Sony you guys did 200% grand job on designing the PS4 console way better then when the first PS3 came out, PS4 Eye is great as well, and i love controller design so much. I can’t wait to own this hardware really soon so i can stop gaming on it as quickly. I hope for early release date maybe by November 1st.

PS: What type of HDD will the PS4 support? 2.5 inch 7-9mm type laptop hard drives or 3.5 inch hard drives found in the Desktop’s?

Plus will SDD work with PS4 as well? I have 1TB SDD set on the side for PS4.

+ derb on June 11th, 2013 at 6:39 pm said:

Found a place :)

Pre-ordered with Watch Dogs! :)

Date shows 12/31 but I know it will be out November… Even if it isn’t, it would take months to get your hands on the PS4 without a pre-order.

Have not been this excited about a gaming console since I pre-ordered PS1 back in 1995 for $550

+ PrimeroIncognito on June 11th, 2013 at 7:13 pm said:

Dannycr on June 11th, 2013 at 9:35 am said: “Online play should never be charged….EVER!”

Online play has never been free. The cost of your wear-and-tear on the network has always been included in the cost of the products you paid for. It has always been one of those “hidden fees”. You paid for it without realizing it. You honestly believed it was just… FREE?

Sony is just being more transparent about the reality of this expense this time around. Which is good, and long overdue in my opinion.

And don’t forget everything else that you’ll get for the cost of your subscription. PlayStation Plus is not simply an online play activation code… it will be so much more on the PS4.

+ MickeyWard09 on June 11th, 2013 at 7:38 pm said:

Looks okay, a little like the Xbox One and PS2 combined. Better looking than the competition anyway.

+ T1NGO on June 11th, 2013 at 7:41 pm said:

Hoy tempranito hice la precompra del PS4 y también Killzone Shadow Fall. Early in the morning I preordered the PS4 and Killzone Shadow Fall. Yesss PS4 the Future of PLAY.

+ BrianPace on June 11th, 2013 at 8:08 pm said:

The only thing that bothers me about the design is that the drive tray is too close to the USB ports. If it is in fact a tray load system it seems possible that a plugged in USB cable may interfere.

+ navneeet on June 11th, 2013 at 8:50 pm said:

looks like a functional futuristic design, could have been more radical as it is a video game console afterall…Im still a playstation fan tho….. Cant wait for the techspecs, release date and price. also cant wait for gta4….:*

+ TRED- on June 11th, 2013 at 9:06 pm said:

FAIL : Sony major fail on subscription and the usual alienate your European player base by pricing euro as dolar its bad enough we have only half the content of the US store and still pay the same . I preferred when PSN plus was a choice , what next plus gold ?

+ x_Wyntir_x on June 11th, 2013 at 9:27 pm said:

Could i use my ps3 account on the ps4? i ask bcuz I made this account just for the ps4. My actual ps3 account is Vontir_Vamp

+ KoolStarrTeddy on June 11th, 2013 at 9:33 pm said:

Kool Setting on the PS4! Real Talk!!!

+ x_Wyntir_x on June 11th, 2013 at 9:34 pm said:

Pre ordered at best buy. does it come with a headset? ready for cod ghosts!!

+ wolfomega on June 11th, 2013 at 9:58 pm said:

i’m sorry sony, While i’ll stick with ps3 for a long time, i’ll never get the PS4 for one thing, Subscription required. PS3 actually helped me find my best friend and we play online every chance we can sense i moved away. I don’t have a stable income so i won’t be playing with him. I don’t see a reason why you HAVE to go this way. I’m sorry, but you’ll not have my money this time which is a shame because i was rooting for you.

+ ANDSv2 on June 11th, 2013 at 10:34 pm said:

The smooth upper right side contrasts well with the grainy 3/4′s of the machine. . .but good lord the back looks like a mess. I suppose that’s where the venting is taking place but sheesh. It definitely looks more inspired than the XB1 (which seems to be aping the black instead of sticking within it’s own color schema), but man.

+ lyfestory on June 11th, 2013 at 11:14 pm said:

Job well done, Sony… thanks for answering the fans and bringing us the details.. I don’t normally pre-order anything, but i did so for the PS4…
I do hope there will be some form of extended warranty for the system though, whether offered by Sony or stock vendors… I do want assurances the system will be stable considering the money im spending on it, as we all know, the early PS3 had issues, including my own 60gb, which is still sitting unusable in its original box…

+ derb on June 12th, 2013 at 12:23 am said:

I still got my 60 as well. Bought it for BD & it has seen over 1,000 Blu-ray Discs since 2006. Not a single one glitched. I’ve kept it mainly because of the backward compatibility & it’s ever growing value on EBay lol

@433

Well I guess stand by your statement than & don’t get a PS4. I was on the fence for other reasons like all my digital downloads not being compatible. To think $50/Year is stopping you and others from spending $400 to get the system seems like a weak excuse. How many games do you and your friends $buy$ a year? Is it less than $50? If so, I apologize.

+ Q8yty on June 12th, 2013 at 12:36 am said:

So Mind blowing
i already pre- order it

+ TRED- on June 12th, 2013 at 12:52 am said:

@436
I dont think its a weak argument , the fact that in Europe if you live outside a major town city you rely on wireless isps or slower connections , ie copper or 3g which comes with data charges and data limits. And the fact that in Europe we will pay 399 euro for the ps4 and the US will pay 399 usd , the exchange rate means we should only pay 300 euro. but it seems sony could not give a rats ass about Europe. PSN+GOLD comming soon !

+ Welmosca on June 12th, 2013 at 1:10 am said:

@ 391 Strangeheaven – You talk like if dead rising was any good.Funny.

+ A1F8A0Q5U8E6 on June 12th, 2013 at 1:44 am said:

Cant wait to see it in my living room this holiday season. This looks revolutionary. The design that represents next generation and the power it holds inside. Nicely Done. I’m in love @ first sight. Thank you Sony Computer Entertainment.

+ derb on June 12th, 2013 at 2:08 am said:

@438

I see your argument clearer now.

You make good points. I didn’t know Euroland charged Wireless for home use. How do people play their 360′s with friends without being a gold member? I guess they just don’t. Never mind that..

How do people pay their wireless ISP for PSN? Just because the PSN is free wouldn’t neglect the service charge of the source, IE a wireless provider.

300 euro seems fair & 250 pounds. With that exchange rate I’d be paying,

$407.31 CDN
$398.61 CDN

Have to ask yourself if $50 is worth having a next gen console for a whole year with 4 PS4 games free?

+ deafwing on June 12th, 2013 at 4:52 am said:

looking great

+ PLAYA4LIFG on June 12th, 2013 at 6:34 am said:

Dude soo many X-box players r piss off and finally see the light an coming over to the Playstation side. Can’t believe that they did that to the players. Take, take, take and don’t give back. and a all n 1 system that was sony idea at first with the original playstation release in Japan. I just can see it now cooling problems, wear n tear, life of the product reduce. Now we gave the blue-ray so they can experience excellent resolution. having a system that u can not use Netflix,game it online or search the net. when ur system yearly or monthly fee is not paid that worthless. not to mention gaming it online. that we I cant see my self coming over to that side.

+ TRED- on June 12th, 2013 at 7:48 am said:

@440

“in Europe we will pay 399 euro for the ps4 and the US will pay 399 usd” i dont think you understand me. in Europe we pay €399 for the ps4 which is equal to $530usd ……….WhyTF id love to know.

Outside town and cities in Europe there are very little fiber optic lines so no really high speed internet ,what we have is like satellite connections for high speed access which has data limits and is quite expensive , a data limit restricts your usage ie download limit. so if you download 2 or 3 games in a month you hit your limit and get cut off , slowed down or pay a much higher rate on the extra data you use . This was my main reason for choosing sony it was simply due to the choice pay or dont pay for plus . I fear like many Europeans i may move to pc next gen since sony dont seem to care about us.

+ Demon_-_Warior on June 12th, 2013 at 8:41 am said:

looks awesome cant wait to get my own

+ XxD4rch4ng3LxX on June 12th, 2013 at 11:00 am said:

I got a question about PS Plus and online multiplayer:

If I have multiple account on my PS4, I have to pay more than one PS Plus for my family and friends to play online?

+ derb on June 12th, 2013 at 11:12 am said:

@443

Actually I was agreeing with you on what the price of the console should be in Euro.

Still have not answered me on how much you already pay for PSN? Don’t tell me it’s free. PSN eats up enough data alone to give you a bill regardless of downloads if your data restricted.

@445

If you have multiple accounts, that’s good for you and anyone you share your accounts with at home. Outside of your accounts, yes they will have to buy their own PS+ accounts.

+ thezenguy on June 12th, 2013 at 11:29 am said:

i want to see what the mad max game is all about… and i wonder what santa monica is working for ps4 god of war franchise… dark sorcerer is amazing and funny…

+ thezenguy on June 12th, 2013 at 12:07 pm said:

WHY IS GAME STOP PRE ORDERING BUNDLES ONLY >___< SO MUCH TO START MUAHAHAHAHA

+ schmidt22 on June 12th, 2013 at 12:37 pm said:

Already pre-ordered my PS4!!! But there are still questions that I have:
1: Cost of a controller and the eye
2: Will my Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset work with it?
3: Is PSPlus going to cost more?
4: Please just say what month it comes out too!!!!!!

PAGE 1 7 8 9 10