PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

PlayStation Plus: E3 2013 Sale, Free Machinarium, Uncharted 3, XCOM, More

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Jun 10, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Many of you saw the announcement last Friday of Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, and LittleBigPlanet: Karting. In addition to those, I’m here to drop some new content and sales for this week’s PlayStation Plus update, which include Machinarium coming free for PS Plus members, and an E3 2013 sale on some of the biggest games available digitally. It’s a big week, with a ton of content, so read on to learn more!

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

June 11th PlayStation Plus Update

UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception (PS3) Single Player and Free to Play Multiplayer Bundle
Uncharted 3
PSN Price: This item is only available as Free for PS Plus members
The highly acclaimed single player campaign of Uncharted 3, along with the Free to Play Multiplayer Mode will be available for all PS Plus members to experience, free with their membership! A search for the fabled “Atlantis of the Sands” propels fortune hunter Nathan Drake into a desperate bid for survival that strains the limits of his endurance, forcing him to confront his deepest fears.
XCOM: Enemy Unknown (PS3)
XCOM Enemy Unknown
PSN Price: $39.99, Free for PS Plus members
From the award-winning creators of Civilization comes an action-strategy game about humanity’s last stand. Threatened by an unknown enemy, Earth’s governments unite to form an elite paramilitary organization, known as XCOM. As the commander of XCOM, you must create a fully operational base, research alien technologies, plan combat missions, and lead your soldiers in fierce battles against a terrifying alien invasion. The decisions you make will affect the fate of humanity. You are our last hope.
LittleBigPlanet Karting (PS3)
LittleBigPlanet Karting
PSN Price: $39.99, Free for PS Plus members
Sackboy returns in a completely new Karting adventure to save the Craftworld universe! Get behind the wheel to race through fun-filled tracks, battle in hectic arenas, and collect items in open-world environments. Compete in exciting mini-games and modes unlike anything you’ve seen, and enjoy endless levels created by the LittleBigPlanet community. From game modes to weapon types, never before has Sackboy had so many customization options. If you can dream it, you can drive it!
Machinarium (PS3)
Machinarium
PSN Price: $9.99, Free for PS Plus members
An astoundingly unique adventure with the best of adventure game sensibilities, Machinarum is one game that you might have always heard of, but never had a chance to play. Gamers who loved the puzzle mechanics of games like The Walking Dead will find much to love with Machniarium. With a unique art style and several awards including ‘Best Indie Game of the Year’ by Gamasutra.com, you owe it to yourself to check out this unique title on PS3.
Music Unlimited (Offer only on subscriptions purchased on PS3 or PS Vita)
Music Unlimited
30% Discount for PS Plus members (PSN Price: $59.99; PS Plus Price: $41.99)
Connect instantly to the songs you love with the Music Unlimited service. A library of songs, playlists and channels streaming from your favorite devices. Millions of choices. No ads.
E3 2013 Sale (PS3)
E3 Sale 2013
Various Discounts
You’re already set to take in all the amazing E3 news and announcements coming this week. We’re excited too, and while a lot of the games shown at E3 won’t be available to play at home for a while, we’re happy to pass along some amazing deals on some of the best in PS3 and PS Vita gaming to help tide you over.

E3 2013 Sale

The Unfinished Swan $14.99 $7.49 $3.75
Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit $14.99 $7.49 $3.75
The Walking Dead – Season Pass $19.99 $9.99 $5.00
Dishonored – Dunwall City Trials $4.99 $3.49 $2.79
Dishonored – The Knife of Dunwall $9.99 $6.99 $5.59
Dishonored – Void Walker’s Arsenal $3.99 $2.79 $2.23

Last Chance (Leaving on 6/18)

Instant Game Collection

The Knife of Dunwall
Void Walker’s Arsenal
PORTAL 2
PORTAL 2 IN MOTION
MENS ROOM MAYHEM

PlayStation Plus Update 6-11-2013

You’ll find all the content detailed above with their Plus benefits active when the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow.

There will be plenty more to discuss this week, so make sure you watch for all the PlayStation announcements to come at E3. In fact, you can watch today’s press conference right here on PlayStation.Blog.. In the meantime, if you’ve got feedback or thoughts on today’s Plus update, leave them below, or, if you’re looking to engage with more of the PS community, make sure you head over to the PlayStation Community to discuss this week’s news more, find other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 7

+ Satnamji on June 10th, 2013 at 11:04 am said:

On the Music Unlimited deal, is that for the Premium ($9.99/mo.) or Access version ($4.99)? Because the PSN price listed of $59.99 would be the normal price for one year of the Access version (PS3/Vita/PC access only; i.e., no smart phone, smart TV, iPod, etc. access). And I assume the PS Plus discounted price is for one year and it will extend my membership 12 months from the current expiration date of Jan. 2014. Thanks!

+ ADRENALIN_101 on June 10th, 2013 at 11:08 am said:

Machinarium wad a good game.
I would like to see these in the US PS+
12) Limbo
13) L.A. Noire
14) Beyond Good and Evil HD
15) Dark Souls
16) Metal Gear Solid HD collection

+ Manetheren17 on June 10th, 2013 at 11:08 am said:

Hey Morgan! I was wondering will you guys be making God Eater’s free DLC compatible with the Vita???

+ klassymike on June 10th, 2013 at 11:09 am said:

Hoping the store updates early tomorrow due to the large file size of U3, and to the many people that will be downloading all of the content available. Please update early tomorrow!!

+ DonkeyKongKilla on June 10th, 2013 at 11:10 am said:

Kind of wished Uncharted 2 was part of a discount. sense the 3rd one is for plus. I beat the first one as it came with the PS3. Soon after I traded it in boom Trophies happened haha. Good week for Plus on account of E3. Kind of hoped you’d sneak in Saints Row 3 on this update but what’s another week or two. LBP Karting seems cool. Never been a fan of strategy war games except for the classic Risk board game of course. I’m going to give XCOM a try. Going to try to pull Uncharted 2 and the 1st one (1st for trophies) second to continue story line for the third one. Still think it’s a good update. Congrats to the team Morgan.

+ derb on June 10th, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

Vita Vita Vita

Tired of reading complaints from owners twice a week. You Vita people should be happy that your portable system will continue onto the PS4 instead of being ditched altogether from Sony.

+ ShoyzD on June 10th, 2013 at 11:22 am said:

^There were originally 3 PS3 games, 3 Vita games (Machinarium for both) announced. The Vita games being VLR, and Orc’s Reward ($50 retail?).

Then they took away Machinarium cross-buy, so 3 PS3 games, 2 Vita games.

Then they took away Orc’s Attack for God’s Eater Burst.

Now it’s 6 PS3 games, 2 Vita games. And of those 2, the $50 (retail?) title has been swapped for an old PSP game. So it’s essentially -1- Vita game this month, 1 PSP game.

It’s hard not to feel shafted. And I do. This went from a great PS+ month for Vita to a crappy one.

+ DonkeyKongKilla on June 10th, 2013 at 11:24 am said:

@ShoyzD – They didn’t take away Orc’s Attack, the game itself has been delayed.

+ DonkeyKongKilla on June 10th, 2013 at 11:30 am said:

blah I’m misreading stuff I need sleep

+ The_Dukenator on June 10th, 2013 at 11:31 am said:

@46 @1 community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/God-of-War-1-amp-2-HD-Free-for-Plus-members-STORE-ERROR-FIXED/td-p/40322839

@1 @102 I was expecting GTA IV Complete Edition was added to IGC. I didn’t join Plus to request a list of games, as I prefer waiting for a list of games to be added each month.

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on June 10th, 2013 at 11:37 am said:

@110 — I heard about the mix up with GOW 1&2 pricing, but missed it. It would be nice if those games were added to the IGC for real.

That’s fine if you prefer waiting for a list of games rather than requesting them. But how else will Sony know what games PS+ members want unless people request them? That is why I keep a running list.

+ DonkeyKongKilla on June 10th, 2013 at 11:37 am said:

Nope I was right. If it was still coming to Plus I don’t know. Maybe one day haha

comment 306 plus update June 7th

“ORC ATTACK IS MISSING WHAT HAPPENED NO EXPLANATION

+ Morgan Haro on June 7th, 2013 at 2:43 pm said:
The game itself is delayed, so it won’t be in Plus, naturally. God Eater Burst has replaced it.”

+ Spiral_Nemesis on June 10th, 2013 at 11:37 am said:

Can you please discount dragon’s dogma dark arisen ? even if its $10 and it matches the disc price of $29.99 I will buy it. I prefer games digitally as I never sell my games anyways. I’m also OK with you adding as free game for PS PLUS next month. Please consider it, THANKS!!

+ purse317 on June 10th, 2013 at 11:38 am said:

Awesome sale but sadly I own every game on that list except RE6 and MGSR

+ DonkeyKongKilla on June 10th, 2013 at 11:41 am said:

@The_Dukenator – One of the person is only asking for a list to ditch their disc copies for digital copies. I forgot which one it was.

+ TomatoDragon on June 10th, 2013 at 11:43 am said:

Man…I love PS+
Yes I do. :) Here’s to a killer E3 also!

+ BdubbleYou on June 10th, 2013 at 11:43 am said:

@106 that is absolutely the dumbest thing i have ever heard… I should be happy that sony isnt “ditching the system.” Okso ive had a vita since the very beginning got the first edition bundle fo close to 500$. And the thought of what u said is ludicrous. To think they would abandon the most advanced handheld in the business are you serious. And yes we would like to see better vita games on plus sony is the one who broughtplus to vita as a sellng point so they could at least give decent games. I have vita and ps3 and overall im completely satisfied with plus i just think ur comment towards vita owners is completely absurd. We just would like to see as much love on the vita side of plus as well.
Anyone know if i can watch E3 on vita or will i have to use my ps3…

+ The_Dukenator on June 10th, 2013 at 11:46 am said:

@111 blog.us.playstation.com/2013/05/07/playstation-store-update-290/comment-page-4/#comment-853321

+ The_Dukenator on June 10th, 2013 at 11:48 am said:

@115 Digital copies take up a lot of room, worse when you don’t upgrade your hdd.

+ Grim-FunDango on June 10th, 2013 at 11:48 am said:

@Morgan I know you can’t just magically add the Uncharted 1 & 2 bundle to the sale, but I’ve been holding out on the bundle for so long ever since the EU got a sale on it. Any chance you can give me a clue if it’s going on sale in the next two months or be part of the IGC anytime soon?

+ DonkeyKongKilla on June 10th, 2013 at 11:49 am said:

Morgan was GoW1 & 2 really free a month ago? With no news? As a playstation member and plus member I am not happy with no news on that if its true.

+ PiotrRasputinBR on June 10th, 2013 at 11:49 am said:

Wow, great sales. Tomb Raider, AC Liberation and Unfinished Swan for me. Nothing like grabbing some good games before my finals!

+ The_Dukenator on June 10th, 2013 at 11:49 am said:

Oh great. Microsoft is giving Gold members free games now., starting with Fable 3. Eh, I’ll stick with PS Plus.

+ DonkeyKongKilla on June 10th, 2013 at 11:50 am said:

@The_Dukenator – Yeah, I have a 1TB hard drive sitting right here waiting to be used haha. But yeah one of them requests the same thing every week just for that though.

+ The_Dukenator on June 10th, 2013 at 11:51 am said:

@121 blog.us.playstation.com/2013/05/07/playstation-store-update-290/comment-page-4/#comment-853321 & community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/God-of-War-1-amp-2-HD-Free-for-Plus-members-STORE-ERROR-FIXED/td-p/40322839

+ ossiecastro5 on June 10th, 2013 at 11:52 am said:

I know this may be a concern for others as well, but how much GB space is for the Uncharted Single Player? Also, how much is it to go from “Free-2-Play” multiplayer to the full multiplayer? I’ve read good things about Uncharted 3 and I would like to know this information.

Also, thank you for making my last summer break before college a good one. I consider this as a graduation present from Sony. :D

+ klassymike on June 10th, 2013 at 11:52 am said:

@DonkeyKongKilla

It was an error that they caught very quickly, and some people grabbed them up before they fixed it. It maybe lasted for an hour or so before they caught it.

+ The_Dukenator on June 10th, 2013 at 11:53 am said:

@124 I have a 160GB in mine, but not sure if I’ll upgrade it.

+ The_Dukenator on June 10th, 2013 at 11:54 am said:

@127 At least, they allowed those to keep the games until their Plus subscription expires. I didn’t know about the mistake until I went thru the comments and saw it, grabbed it quickly.

+ DonkeyKongKilla on June 10th, 2013 at 11:54 am said:

@klassymike – Ah that’s sketchy. haha oh well I guess.
@The_Dukenator – I have the 160 too… haven’t used up all of it so I’m good for now.

+ Andy10003 on June 10th, 2013 at 11:56 am said:

I’ll be grabbing Assassins Creed Liberation. It’d be nice if Vita memory cards weren’t so expensive though. I’d be able to buy more stuff off the store :\

+ klassymike on June 10th, 2013 at 11:58 am said:

@The_Dukenator

Hi! How ya been? Yea, I just so happened to be on when the guy commented on it and said it was free. I too quickly grabbed them, but had a very hard time downloading them until the next day.

+ ArchAngelMai on June 10th, 2013 at 11:58 am said:

MS is trying to copy PS+ and is offering 2 free games. They started with Halo 3 and Assassins Creed 2…because people want games that 6 years old. Highlight of MS Conference was during BF4 “Xbox Sucks” and the crowed laughs.
Regretting getting TR a few weeks ago now during the flash sale, but such is life. Compete with Xbox Ones price of $499 and all is forgiven.

+ The_Dukenator on June 10th, 2013 at 11:59 am said:

@130 I got mine used back In Dec 2011. Not bad paying $90 for a 160GB PS3.

+ The_Dukenator on June 10th, 2013 at 12:03 pm said:

@133 When I beta tested an Xbox dashboard, they sent out Halo Reach preview discs to test them. Then Bungie updates the game, making the discs unusable. Thus, they sent out Game on Demand codes for the preview disc owners.

+ SDkngsht on June 10th, 2013 at 12:13 pm said:

incredible update! Uncharted series was one of the all time greatest ever on any system. anyone who hasn’t played that needs to get that ASAP!

i can see at least two discount titles i’ll be picking up. already own Uncharted, 2k13 and Borderlands 2 or else I’d be downloading all three haha.

+ SDkngsht on June 10th, 2013 at 12:14 pm said:

PS: as someone who originally signed up for Playstation Plus as a trial offer – thank you for making this service well worth the price and for not charging us to play games online. with other gaming companies basically saying “screw the gamers” it’s noticed and appreciated.

+ BunnySavior on June 10th, 2013 at 12:15 pm said:

Eh, overall, disappointing week number two, sales and E3 game choices. :(
Any who, for $5, I highly recommend The Walking Dead, for those who left off on chapter 2 or haven’t played it at all. :)

+ johnnyp70 on June 10th, 2013 at 12:16 pm said:

@DonkeyKongKilla-Change the hard drive now rather than later. The switch out takes about 15 minutes, but re-dowloading is a pain. I would suggest starting the process while there is less than 160GB on your plate.

+ SDkngsht on June 10th, 2013 at 12:16 pm said:

didn’t even see LBP Karting – i have a Mario Kart itch that needs scratching – anyone know if that game allows 4 local multiplayer?

+ derb on June 10th, 2013 at 12:29 pm said:

Well I’m sure Sony will match the price tag of the PS4 at $499 as well. Unless they have a better bundle cooked up. The free MS games is nice but I’m sure they’ll release more free games I already payed for down the road. My luck. lol As for what I saw at the conference… Yaaaaaawwwwwnnnnn.

On topic, I look forward to getting XCOM: Enemy Unknown & Machinarium tomorrow. Paid for Little Big Planet Karting.

Off topic, @117

I own a PS Vita. I own 0 free games from PS+ because my Vita is still sealed in its box. Yes you should be happy Vita lives on. Sony only cares what they lose & I’d wager they have lost quite a chunk of change on it. Me personally, I am happy Vita will carry onto the PS4. The PS3 owners are not so lucky.

+ The_Dukenator on June 10th, 2013 at 12:30 pm said:

@140 I tried LBP Karting beta, got a bit bored when you can build your own tracks. It was way more 3D than the other LBP games. Not sure about local multiplayer, though

+ shogun00 on June 10th, 2013 at 12:41 pm said:

I just subscribed to PS Plus yesterday. I couldn’t resist especially after buying a Vita a week prior. The IGC really does come in handy when you need to buy game for two platforms now. With four free more games to claim tomorrow, this was the best $50 I ever spent and it’s only been two days with the subscription.

+ AizawaYuuichi on June 10th, 2013 at 12:41 pm said:

I’ll go ahead and add both XCOM and LBPK to my download list, but I don’t really have any interest in playing either of them. Already bought Machinarium back when it came out, and platted UC3 last year. The sales are nice, but I either own them or don’t want them… so in reality, absolutely nothing for me this week. :(

Just waiting for Saint’s Row: The Third and Virtue’s Last Reward. And for the PS4 to undercut the Xbone’s price, just like 360 did to PS3.

+ Vcheese on June 10th, 2013 at 12:41 pm said:

Loving being a plus member!! thanks for LBPK and the rest of the games!!! I blought machinarium for vita so having it for ps3 is not going to hurt. I think ill be grabbing sound shapes for that price ;)

THANK YOU SONY!!!!! HOPING FOR A GREAT CONFERENCE LATER TODAY

+ The_Dukenator on June 10th, 2013 at 12:43 pm said:

@143 What I did, was download all the current free games for Plus, for both Vita & PS3. I don’t own a Vita, but doesn’t hurt to plan ahead.

Closure also leaves tomorrow.

+ SolanumX2 on June 10th, 2013 at 12:45 pm said:

In the future, I’d appreciate it if you guys could use rounder numbers. I’m six cents from being able to buy Tomb Raider, but since I have no credit card, I’d be forced to buy two $20 PSN card, which I cannot do.

Something to keep in mind when other sales crop up. Not everyone has a credit card to cover that extra 24 cents, and because of that there’s at least one lost sale.

+ Hany3142 on June 10th, 2013 at 12:46 pm said:

My wish list: – Hitman Absolution (it was free for UK users, why not US users this time?)
– Bioshock 1 and 2.

Thanks Morgan for the news.

+ derb on June 10th, 2013 at 12:48 pm said:

Ausi EB Games had a $799.. or was it $899 tag on the PS4 pre-order a month or so ago. Obviously a glitch, but made ja think.

I hope PS4 goes for $249.99

Sony loses mega bucks but in the long run there are triple the amount of PS4′s in everyone’s homes than the ONE. lol

+ The_Dukenator on June 10th, 2013 at 12:48 pm said:

@148 BioShock 2 came to IGC last Nov or Dec. The BioShock Ultimate Rapture Edition costs $30 and includes both games and more.

@147 Try a $50 PSN card.