GTAV PS4

New Trailer: FPS + F2P + PS4 = Blacklight Retribution

Collin Moore's Avatar + Posted by Collin Moore on Jun 12, 2013 // Communications Manager, Zombie Studios

Summer is upon us and another E3 is here! Even with the unusually sunny skies here in Seattle the last couple months, we here at Zombie Studios have been hard at work on getting Blacklight: Retribution ready to be playable on the show floor at E3 2013.

When we announced Blacklight: Retribution on PS4 a couple months ago, we knew we had to be on the E3 show floor. We instantly set a goal to get the game running and be ready for E3. After a number of long weeks, lots of dinners in the office, and a new coffee machine, we are thrilled to have Blacklight: Retribution playable for everyone in attendance.

Blacklight Retribution Blacklight Retribution

For those unfamiliar with Blacklight: Retribution, it’s an action-packed free-to-play first-person shooter that allows you to customize your character in millions of ways. You can change every aspect of your weapon from the barrel, scope, muzzle, and receiver. Want to make your character feel like your character? Alter them anyway you want, swapping out everything from individual pieces of armor to their accessories to cosmetic items that show your elite status.

Customizing your loadout also changes the gameplay and what items you have access to during a match. Perhaps you want to deploy a hardsuit – our huge mech with a chaingun and plasma rifle attached to its arms. Or, for those who want to give a bit of sass, how about a custom taunt? In Blacklight: Retribution we let you control how you want to look, play, and show off.

Blacklight Retribution Blacklight Retribution

In the coming months we plan on giving you more updates on Blacklight: Retribution on PS4 and some of the new features and changes that are currently in the works. For the latest news be sure to check out http://www.playblrps4.com and be part of our growing community.

+ DrApollo on June 12th, 2013 at 4:14 pm said:

This game looks awesome!

Collin Moore's Avatar

+ Collin Moore on June 16th, 2013 at 5:41 pm said:

Thanks! It is free too!

+ GRIM__REAFER on June 12th, 2013 at 4:18 pm said:

FPS + F2P + PS4 = Blacklight Retribution

I forgot to carry the 1, thank you for the help

+ Seth00015 on June 12th, 2013 at 4:24 pm said:

Or you could just get it now for free on Steam.

+ neuropunk on June 12th, 2013 at 4:27 pm said:

If you think we are going to buy a PlayStation 4 for generic sucky FPS, you are SORELY MISTAKEN!

I hate generic FPS since they are chunky junk.

JRPGs, Sony, or GTFO! Also, bring back Legend of Dragoon.

Collin Moore's Avatar

+ Collin Moore on June 16th, 2013 at 5:42 pm said:

Well since the game is free-to-play, it is worth a shot. You might be presently surprised.

+ Ryumoau on June 12th, 2013 at 4:44 pm said:

is this a sequel to that budget shooter for Xbox 360 years ago called Blacklight Tango Down? i didn’t like that game very much.

Collin Moore's Avatar

+ Collin Moore on June 16th, 2013 at 5:43 pm said:

Blacklight: Retribution is the sequel to Blacklight: Tango Down. We have spent two years creating a great game with tons of replayability. Not to mention it is F2P.

+ PsychoticUsagi on June 12th, 2013 at 5:26 pm said:

@neuropunk Agreed. I bought my PS3 for more RPGs, as that is why I loved my PS2. I was kind of disappointed. Hopefully that isn’t the case with the PS4. Also Legend of Dragoon is one of my favorite games of all time. I’ll probably send you a friend request later. Don’t worry though, I won’t be offended if you don’t accept. :P

+ Derelinquo on June 12th, 2013 at 5:52 pm said:

Blacklight retribution is not a generic FPS. I play it on my PC and have a lot of fun with it. I embrace it coming to the PS4. I’d say it provides more entertainment than Call of Duty. The quality of the game is definitely there. It is F2P with micro transactions, just like League of Legends. Just to put things in perspective. Warframe is also a fun game to play with friends, many good times.

Collin Moore's Avatar

+ Collin Moore on June 16th, 2013 at 5:43 pm said:

High Five!

+ brr3gs on June 12th, 2013 at 6:03 pm said:

Blacklight is an amazing FPS, and not “generic”.

Have a decent free to play service, only paying for lifetime stuff (that you can get playing also), and a lot of cosmetic things.

The gameplay is amazing, check out on Steam for pc version.

Collin Moore's Avatar

+ Collin Moore on June 16th, 2013 at 5:44 pm said:

Another high five!

+ FRott on June 12th, 2013 at 6:24 pm said:

Sweet. We all know how well Dust 514 is doing. What we need is another F2P FPS that no one downloads or plays.

Collin Moore's Avatar

+ Collin Moore on June 16th, 2013 at 5:45 pm said:

The PC version of BLR has almost 2 million players worldwide. We are excited to be bringing it to the PS4 and introduce it to a whole new round of gamers.

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on June 12th, 2013 at 6:53 pm said:

Ok Sony the ps4 is cool but {{PSN-PS4=SAD&BAD}} and {{PSN+PS4=GOOD&FUN}} plz Sony try to make it work you have alot of PSN fans and I put alot of money in my PSN GAMES this is a call for help Can We trust you guys

+ lyfestory on June 12th, 2013 at 6:57 pm said:

Most of us who have been following PS4 throughout E3 now knows that any online game is not F2P, so, these messages are inaccurate…. please be more specific in the future… if it were on PS3, then yes, you can call it F2P… but PS4, nyet…!

Collin Moore's Avatar

+ Collin Moore on June 16th, 2013 at 5:46 pm said:

Blacklight: Retribution is 100% F2P. Shuhei Yoshida confirmed this.

+ Edzo04ps on June 12th, 2013 at 7:34 pm said:

this game is super mediocre but fun for a little while

+ Edzo04ps on June 12th, 2013 at 7:35 pm said:

its also crazy easy i have like a 5.0 k/d ratio

+ CommandingTiger on June 12th, 2013 at 7:58 pm said:

It’s still F2P, unless you play online multiplayer.

@11,10
Yeah, I know it’s sucks. But either way, PS+ has a lot of content to offer, mainly games.
And besides, most the games I’m interested in on PS4 is the single player story/campaign, not as much the multi-player.
They will need to do better by the leaked interface of the PSN on PS4 it’s say.

It gives the Wii U a glimpse of redemption, if only they had games… (that I want)

@4, Yes, bring back Legend of Dragoon

Can you offer the same multiplayer experience on Ps3 to the Ps4? Just the basics?

+ FullMetalGear on June 12th, 2013 at 8:05 pm said:

I was going to pre-order the PS4 but Amazon has the launch edition unavailable at this time. So I figured I’d wait since I do most of my purchases on Amazon.

Anyway, seems interesting. Not a big FPS guy, but if it’s free to play, I’ll definitely try it on the PS4. I’d try it on PC but I prefer console. Don’t be discouraged, while some people hate a certain genre, others like it and vice versa. Glad to see PS4 is getting games to begin with. Looking forward to trying this and anything on the PS4, especially free. =)

+ GeoDarky on June 12th, 2013 at 10:57 pm said:

F2P COD with mechs, sound good to me

+ Welmosca on June 12th, 2013 at 11:14 pm said:

Every game that they announced as F2P on PS4 is FPS…damn they must throw a TPS in there….it’ll be very welcome.Cant say if this Blacklight game is good only by this trailer but the screens sure looks good…but I wonder if it’ll have PS4 graphics.

+ neuropunk on June 12th, 2013 at 11:27 pm said:

It’s always hilarious to see FPS defenders call FPS NOT GENERIC! LOL! I even see professional publications call Clone of Duty “INNOVATIVE AND FRESH”!

You may lie to yourselves, but not to me.

+ GalvatronAlpha7 on June 13th, 2013 at 12:12 am said:

Do want

+ jkerz on June 13th, 2013 at 12:22 am said:

@11, if you had been truly following E3 then you’d know any F2P you don’t need PS+ to play those games, it’ll be truly F2P. Planetside 2, Blacklight, Elder Scrolls Online, etc. will all be able to play without need to pay for PS+ and you’ll still be able to play multiplayer on those games.

+ Heavenly_king on June 13th, 2013 at 2:47 am said:

will this be available for PS4 launch?

Collin Moore's Avatar

+ Collin Moore on June 16th, 2013 at 5:48 pm said:

That is our goal. Stay tuned.

+ Heavenly_king on June 13th, 2013 at 2:48 am said:

@20 I dont know if every free to play will be like that. The last time I checked Yoshida only confirmed the DCUO and Planetside 2 wont require PS+; and that it depends on the developer of the game.

+ Elvick_ on June 13th, 2013 at 4:59 am said:

@22: Joystiq reports that Yoshida says it’s up to the publisher.

“Sony Worldwide Studios President Shuhei Yoshida said, “As far as free-to-play games are concerned, it’s the publisher’s decision whether they put it inside or outside of PS Plus.”” (I’d link, but then it’d have to go through moderation which takes forever)

@17: Warframe is a third-person shooter F2P game, it’s more co-op focused though.

+ pablofsi08 on June 13th, 2013 at 6:43 am said:

PS4 still has time to implement retrocompatibility with PS3 games, PS2 games and PSX digital games and decline Plus being mandatory to play online maintaining online playing free for everyone. If they don’t, I will give the thumbs down to PS4, use my PS Plus account to “buy” free PS4 games and only buy it after it has dropped it’s price dramatically or they add compatibility with PS3 in any way they want to. I encourage everyone that bought over 190 digital PS3 games supporting this company to do the same. RESPECT TO MY PS3 GAMES COLLECTION!

I also agree we need more rpgs, this generation they need to make the come back. And from the looks of it (4 rpgs at display at the press conference) and it being easier to program on the PS4 I’m thinking that will encourage developers on focusing on great stories on their rpgs.

+ tusunami on June 13th, 2013 at 8:51 am said:

In response to number 9, alot of people can’t afford new games 1st up so having free to play gives them a opportunity to play new games even though they don’t have money for a game when it comes out.

+ Igyoung13 on June 15th, 2013 at 6:24 pm said:

I started playing this on the PC just because I heard its coming out for PS4. Sadly PC characters don’t carry over to PS4…… So I guess I’m prepared but nothing more….

+ PureLordz on June 15th, 2013 at 10:45 pm said:

+ neuropunk on June 12th, 2013 at 4:27 pm said:
I hate generic FPS since they are chunky junk.
JRPGs, Sony, or GTFO! Also, bring back Legend of Dragoon.

+ PureLordz on June 15th, 2013 at 10:46 pm said:

in response that that i totaly agree with the legend of dragoon thing best game in exsistence

+ cookieoreo0730 on June 17th, 2013 at 3:04 pm said:

Why can’t you just put it on the PS3 for now and then when the PS4 comes out put it on that??? Because I really wanna play this game, I just can’t get enough FPS to play it on PC.

+ ElitePWNSFace on June 17th, 2013 at 8:22 pm said:

Any changes from that on pc?

+ expletivedeleted on June 18th, 2013 at 10:50 am said:

this being made for ps4 and not ps3. will it be remote playable via the vita? that would be SIIIIICK

+ Phoenix7469 on June 20th, 2013 at 8:46 pm said:

Can’t get better than free!

+ ImVanessaWoods on July 11th, 2013 at 2:39 pm said:

Will it ever be on the Ps3? I wont be getting a Ps4 for a while, and i REALLY want to play this.