Far Cry 4

LittleBigPlanet Update: The Summer Special Edition

Steven Isbell's Avatar + Posted by Steven Isbell on Jun 17, 2013 // LittleBigPlanet Community Coordinator

Little Big Planet Update

This bumper edition of the LittleBigPlanet Update is jam-packed full of new release announcements and some great news for PlayStation Plus subscribers with just enough room to squeeze in another dose of our community’s boundless creativity in the latest Team Picks!

So let’s not delay and move straight onto the news!

LittleBigPlanet Karting is FREE for PlayStation Plus subscribers!

Great news for PlayStation Plus subscribers! LittleBigPlanet Karting can now be picked up for FREE!

Take a look at just one of the tracks published by a community creator looking to lay down a challenge for the rest of the community.

So whether you’re a racing fan looking to prove your speed or you’re a designer that wants to build the next challenging track for LittleBigPlanet, be sure to download LittleBigPlanet Karting today!

LittleBigPlanet Sale

That’s not all though! We have some amazing LittleBigPlanet offers that will be running from June 18th until July 2nd. This is a great chance to pick up some LittleBigPlanet goodness at bargain prices of at least 50% off!

All of the LittleBigPlanet titles are going on sale, along with a whole bunch of your favorite Levels and Costume Packs.

So this is a great chance to pick up the titles missing from your collection or some of our great packs such as the Cross-Controller Pack, the Toy Story Level Kit, the Muppets Level Kit and oh so many great costumes!

These offers are only available for a limited time though, so head on over to the PlayStation Store later this week and take a gander at all of the great LittleBigPlanet bargains before they’re gone.

New Content

FREE Summer Content available for One Week!

It’s Summertime! The sun is coming out and it’s time to celebrate with the FREE Summer Creator Pack and Summer Solstice Druid Costume available on both LittleBigPlanet 2 and LittleBigPlanet PS Vita.

Summer Creator Pack

That’s right! You heard me correctly; the Summer Creator Pack is coming to LittleBigPlanet PS Vita this week too! So if you’re at the beach this Summer and feeling inspired by the view, you will have just what you need for some portable creation in the sun.

Both of these items will be available when the PlayStation Store updates this week and will be available for one week only, so make sure you don’t miss out and pick these up right away!

Dead Space: Isaac Clarke Costume Now Available

Dead Space

Sackboy prepares to blast off into space again and this time he’s really tooled up for the job in this Advanced Suit that is often worn by Isaac Clarke in the ever-popular Dead Space series.

The Advanced Suit comes equipped with a standard duty 211-V Plasma Cutter, normally used by engineers as a mining tool, but it can also be used by resourceful crew members looking to keep nasty space meanies away!

Head on over to LittleBigPlanet.com for more information on the Dead Space: Isaac Clarke Costume.

Team Picks

We have some fantastic Team Picks this week with some fun gameplay and absolutely amazing visuals. Over on LittleBigPlanet PS Vita, we have a brilliant cartoon platformer and an addictive ball-bouncing game.

Owl Mine by SnakeOwl

SOL – A Sunset Silhouette by XYClanKILLER2

You can find these levels and oh so much more in the latest LittleBigPlanet 2: Team Picks!

Vita Picks

Joe the Lightbulb! by DICEBONE-21

Joe the Lightbulb Screenshot 1 Joe the Lightbulb Screenshot 2

Inertia by R0T_IN

Inertia Screenshot 1 Inertia Screenshot 2

You can have these levels ready to play by heading over to LBP.me Vita and queuing up the new LittleBigPlanet PS Vita: Team Picks!

We always love to see exciting new LittleBigPlanet levels, so if you have any great levels to share with the community or some stunning videos that show off your favorite levels and creations, then be sure to tweet them to us @LittleBigPlanet.

Come And Visit Us

Solstice Costume

PAGE 1 2

+ Elvick_ on June 17th, 2013 at 7:19 am said:

Finally some DLC sales.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on June 17th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

Happy to hear that you like the sale news!

+ Suicide_Surfer on June 17th, 2013 at 7:20 am said:

what are the actual prices for the DLC? it never said a specific price

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on June 17th, 2013 at 8:09 am said:

There’s soooo much content on offer but it’s at least 50% off for each item! – That includes the full games too! :)

+ cakito123 on June 17th, 2013 at 7:23 am said:

StevenI, do you know when in this week will the Summer Pack being available? Waiting anxiously for an answer, and sorry for my bad english. :)

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on June 17th, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

If you’re in the American region, it will be released when your PlayStation Store updates on Tuesday.

Meanwhile the rest of the world will be able to pick up this free pack when their regional PlayStation Store updates on Wednesday. :)

+ Ryumoau on June 17th, 2013 at 7:28 am said:

thanks. i looked at the dlc shortly after getting LBP Karting and thought most of them were overpriced just for costumes. Hopefully the sale will knock the ones i want in the $.99 range.

+ xClayMeow on June 17th, 2013 at 7:54 am said:

LBP Vita as IGC…make it happen!

+ Aexuz on June 17th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

That Dead Space costume looks awesome…

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on June 17th, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

I certainly wouldn’t want to mess with Sackboy whilst he’s dressed up in that costume!

+ Ejsponge61 on June 17th, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

Good News: I can finally get LBP Vita at the discount that I’ve been waiting for.
Bad News: My Vita fell in a cooler a month ago, so I wouldn’t be able to play it anyway.
;_;

+ ALa6RAnDlePuCQK3 on June 17th, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

I hope to enjoy these offers in the store from Argentina. and if you please can be sold online pass LGP vita game, the store q I q recognizes the code came with my game. greetings from Argentina.

+ Ejsponge61 on June 17th, 2013 at 8:16 am said:

However, I may buy some DLC for LBP 2. I still love that game.

+ pablofsi08 on June 17th, 2013 at 8:22 am said:

PS4 still has time to implement retrocompatibility through software emulation with PS3 games, PS2 games and PSX digital games through software emulation (which they already have in their Gaikai milk-off-more-money-from-players system) and decline Plus being mandatory to play online maintaining online playing free for everyone. I want my PS3 digital purchases through the PSN Store to be playable and DON’T WANT TO BUY IT AGAIN WITH THAT CHINESE SCAM SERVICE CALLED GAIKAI. If they don’t, I will give the thumbs down to PS4, use my PS Plus account to “buy” free PS4 games (no paid games) and only buy it after it has dropped it’s price dramatically or they add compatibility with PS3 in any way they want to and they decide to keep as valid my games collection. I encourage everyone that bought over 190 digital PS3 games supporting this company to do the same. RESPECT TO MY PS3 GAMES COLLECTION!

+ Ry-Dog on June 17th, 2013 at 8:37 am said:

Hey Steven, since Naughty Dog’s The Last of Us is available now, do you guys plan on releasing DLC costumes that are based on that game for Sackboy to wear.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on June 17th, 2013 at 9:11 am said:

You bet we are!

In fact, the Joel and Ellie Editions of The Last of Us contained a special Sackboy (or Sackgirl) costume depending on which edition you picked up!

Don’t worry though, we do plan to bring both costumes to the LittleBigPlanet community later in the year. :)

+ KnifingGrimace on June 17th, 2013 at 9:38 am said:

I’m really looking forward to those The Last of Us costumes. I hope “later this year” is code for “very soon.”

+ FeddeCampo on June 17th, 2013 at 9:41 am said:

Great update Steven! thanks a lot for this really!
Now I need to ask you one question only,
The LBP Karting will be avaliable until July 2nd?

Cause I was downloading it last week, but in the meantime,my PS3 freezed and was broken.
Now it’s being repaired, and really can’t wait for play races with sackboy.
So, let me know if you can please.
And keep on with the amazing work that everyone is doing at Media Molecule and Sony :)

Thanks a lot!!!

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on June 17th, 2013 at 3:07 pm said:

LittleBigPlanet Karting is free for PlayStation Plus subscribers for a whole year!

Hope that gives you just enough time to check out the fun! ;)

+ TSFRJ on June 17th, 2013 at 10:35 am said:

Thanks for the great sales. Sorry to see Toy Story kit leaving,it had train decoratoions. Also the MVP’s HUB level is up Steven text search MVP_Selects,

+ Welmosca on June 17th, 2013 at 10:47 am said:

The Isaac costume looks boss…haha my lil brother went crazy when he saw that costume just like me…

BTW Steven thanks for your response to #11……I really want some Joel and Ellie costumes but those costumes were only for the european editions right?….cant wait to see them available in the store.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on June 17th, 2013 at 3:09 pm said:

You’re welcome, we always try our best to ensure that such outstanding costumes are made available to the entire LittleBigPlanet community! So just sit tight for now, they are on their way later this year! :)

+ JoKables on June 17th, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

I just purchased Little Big Planet: PS Vita and it will be on sale tomorrow… is it possible to get a refund for what I would have saved? If it’s 50% then I would have saved 16$! I would have buy the DLC’s with that!

+ MarkedByAshes on June 17th, 2013 at 11:16 am said:

@16 – My kids gave me PSN cards for Father’s Day yesterday just so I could get LBP Vita…I’m right there with you.

+ Satnamji on June 17th, 2013 at 12:16 pm said:

Perfecting timing on the sale! I recently downloaded and installed the digital edition of LBP2 (I’ve had the disc since day 1) and have been itching for a good reason to get back into it, now that I don’t need to drag my sorry bum off the couch to fire it up anymore. So happy to finally be able pick up the Muppets and MGS Level packs, and probably a few costumes. I assume I can play the MGS levels through LBP2 and won’t have to dig out my LBP1 disc. (Pirates of the Caribbean levels seemed to work that way, if I recall).

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on June 17th, 2013 at 3:12 pm said:

That’s correct! You can play the Metal Gear Solid Premium Level Kit on LittleBigPlanet 2!
    All of our Level Packs for the original LittleBigPlanet are compatible with LittleBigPlanet 2. :)

+ allnewfie on June 17th, 2013 at 12:18 pm said:

so happy see more dlc for lbp vita, even happyer to see the sale coming thats great!!
i have some great Doctor Who levels for any fans, check them out htp://vita.lbp.me/u/allnewfie

+ tusunami on June 17th, 2013 at 12:22 pm said:

This is cool to see more content coming out for the game.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on June 17th, 2013 at 3:13 pm said:

We definitely don’t plan to stop anytime soon and we have an amazing line-up of content being released this Summer!

+ Soldier1Class on June 17th, 2013 at 12:24 pm said:

good stuff, i’ll surely be picking up some things with this sale.

+ TheUndertaker85 on June 17th, 2013 at 12:43 pm said:

Only urk here. If you’ve played the LittleBigPlanet Karting retail version the saves from it won’t work with the digital version. Luckily I wasn’t very far so not much lost.

Any chance we could see LBP Vita added to the IGC? I’d love to get my hands on the title but I’m always hesitant to buy knowing it could come.

Glad to see sales coming regardless! Now I can pick up some of the DLC I passed up earlier. If you have a Vita and LBP 2, no excuses not to get the Cross Controller Pack! It’s a fantastic addition and I wish more games would add in experiences like it.

+ Sharp-Shooter963 on June 17th, 2013 at 1:18 pm said:

Can’t wait to get myself one of those Dead Space outfits! : )

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on June 17th, 2013 at 3:14 pm said:

No Sackboy or Sackgirl should be without a Plasma Cutter!

+ ItsNymo on June 17th, 2013 at 2:35 pm said:

Yes! I was hoping that there was a sale on LBP stuff soon just so I can pick up all the Toy Story stuff before it all leaves!

Was real bummed to hear that Toy Story content was leaving the store for good by the end of July & that The Incredibles stuff actually left last month (At least I got one of those costume packs!)
Any specific reason why Disney/Pixar stuff are leaving LittleBigPlanet?

+ S_on_ic on June 17th, 2013 at 4:26 pm said:

@Steven Isbell I really want to know is when can we see LittlebigPlanet 3 Because I have the Whole game planed out

+ Whoacoder on June 17th, 2013 at 4:27 pm said:

What I wouldn’t give for some LBP Vita Level Kits.. There are so many fantastic features in the Vita version, it would really benefit from some more variety in materials and decorations after all this time. The Marvel Arcade pack was a lot of fun, but it lacked the impact a brand new set of levels and create goodies would have. Guess I’ll have to keep crossing my fingers on this one!

+ avdavidw on June 17th, 2013 at 4:33 pm said:

There’s a lot of DLC I’ve been wanting to pickup and this is the excuse I’ve been waiting for.

+ sakukoivu2008 on June 17th, 2013 at 5:31 pm said:

For the Cross-Controller DLC there’s the ability to get every trophy except Jeffries Tube. I bought the dlc but no Vita, why is that the only trophy I can’t earn? Please fix in a update!

+ Keltic-Rage on June 17th, 2013 at 6:21 pm said:

I’m a bit new to PsN and Ps3. Like last Tuesday so forgive my ignorance. Do these sales update weekly, bi-monthly, or monthly?

+ TimeF0wAffles on June 17th, 2013 at 8:54 pm said:

Is anyone else having trouble finding the Summer Creation Pack DLC in the playstation store ?

+ Metalsonic_69 on June 17th, 2013 at 9:12 pm said:

Please please please give us the option to turn off Sixaxis controls for Sackboy’s head in LBP Vita.

+ GMFCO311 on June 17th, 2013 at 10:42 pm said:

Long live the Little Big Planet world! :)

+ Welmosca on June 18th, 2013 at 12:20 pm said:

@ 29 Keltic-Rage – Hey man….sales on LBP aren’t monthly nor weekly updated….its just sometimes…cant wait to grab me some DLCs…I mean the rest of it since I almost own them all.

+ jordan199311 on June 18th, 2013 at 12:24 pm said:

When i play karting my high scores do not get uploaded! And the only person i see on the global leaderboards is myself! Im not playing on easy. Is this a known glitch? It really ruins the game for me!

+ Sharp-Shooter963 on June 18th, 2013 at 1:22 pm said:

I can’t say I play LittleBigPlanet that often, but this is an opportunity that shouldn’t be passed up. I got the Dead Space outfit, which I was pretty excited about, and got the Journey outfit at a discounted price!

+ DarqueDragon on June 18th, 2013 at 2:03 pm said:

So, probably won’t get an answer, as it seems there are no more comments coming, but wasn’t the Summer Pack supposed to be up when the store updated? And, wasn’t there supposed to be a huge add-on sale? Neither of those seem to have happened. I see the Summer Solstice costume, but no Summer Creator pack and no add-on sale prices.

+ DarqueDragon on June 18th, 2013 at 2:05 pm said:

Okay, found the Summer Creator pack (it seems to be only available for LBP 2 and not Karting), but still no sales.

+ oversevethousand on June 18th, 2013 at 2:07 pm said:

Really, really happy with the sale! Just purchased some costumes I’d wanted for a while.

I really must ask – is there any way we could get some Soul Sacrifice costumes someday?

Or should I say… Soul Sackrifice?

Think about it!

+ rwm78djm01 on June 18th, 2013 at 3:00 pm said:

I don’t think you should show a photo but you could tell them what those “nasty space meanies” are called.

+ boomstickbhg on June 18th, 2013 at 7:34 pm said:

Nice Sale, I grabbed a few costumes/kits/etc… I’d been on the fence about (wanted, didn’t want the high prices).

Great to be able to afford more of the LBP extra goodies, I hope to see some of the content not in this sale, in a future one.

Thanks.

+ Gamerzlimited on June 18th, 2013 at 9:11 pm said:

Question, will the Garfield and Odie costumes be available for LittleBigPlanet Karting anytime soon? I like those costumes a lot and I only care about DLC for that game since you can have costumes from both 1 and 2. It would be a mistake to not buy them and would have to pay full price later on when it becomes available.

Also, thanks for the sale. I spend $25 worth of costumes for Karting. The Spider-Man and Venom ones is the best! :)

+ TiberNull on June 18th, 2013 at 10:12 pm said:

Where’s the Move Pack love?

+ ArvindraHerod12 on June 18th, 2013 at 10:55 pm said:

Nice finally got the Ico Costume Kit.

+ THE-PLASTICA-MAN on June 19th, 2013 at 8:33 am said:

Hi Steven Isbell. I have a problem. I have the game on my french store account (this one). I got the Solstice costume on it but I couldn’t find the Summer Creator Pack on the french store while I found it in all other stores (I got it for my US account where I don’t it since I don’t have the game on it). I already missed Valentine pac on the french store for the same reason. I don’t know why the french store is always left out with no support that is why I comment here. I hope you answer me before it end. Thanks.

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on June 19th, 2013 at 9:03 am said:

Hi, the summer creator pack isn’t showing in the web store, haven’t checked through the PS3 though. Also, the Move Level Kit isn’t discounted? it’s a bummer since I wanted to buy it :(

+ mckg123456789 on June 19th, 2013 at 9:21 am said:

sweet! I will def check some of this DLC out plus lbp vita since it’s now super cheap :D

+ BR-Chang on June 19th, 2013 at 10:31 am said:

Steven, I really wanted to buy the cross controller pack during this sale, but my LBP2 is region 2 (UK) and my LBP ps vita is region 1. Is there somehow to play this dlc buying it in an american or british account?
I’m using this account on my ps vita.

Sorry for any mistakes of English… I hope you understand what I’m saying, thanks.

+ TheUndertaker85 on June 19th, 2013 at 3:44 pm said:

@BR-Chang: LBP Vita isn’t needed to use the Cross Controller pack. When you purchase the Cross Controller pack start up LBP 2 and select Cross Controller from your pod. From there you’ll be asked to install a separate app to your Vita that allows Cross Controller. After that you simply start up the app on your Vita when prompted to by LBP 2.

+ BR-Chang on June 19th, 2013 at 7:06 pm said:

@TheUndertaker85: So if I want to get this to work I have to buy the dlc from the region of my lbp2?

+ wrenchead302 on June 21st, 2013 at 11:59 am said:

I live in Canada and I haven’t seen the Summer Creator Pack on my PS Store yet. Is it not available in Canada?

PAGE 1 2