PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Jak and Daxter Collection Out Today on PS Vita

Victor Harris's Avatar + Posted by Victor Harris on Jun 18, 2013 // Associate Producer, SCEA

Jack and Daxter Collection PS Vita

Today Jak and Daxter Collection launches on PS Vita. Now, over a decade since the Jak and Daxter series originally premiered on PS2, we are so proud to see the legacy of Naughty Dog’s work brought together for players to enjoy — no matter where their adventures take them.

Jak and Daxter Collection brings three of your favorite Jak & Daxter adventures — Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, Jak II and Jak 3 — to life like never before. Mass Media has faithfully recreated the unique gameplay mechanics that you all know and love, and added touch screen support for a selection of mini games, so get ready to catch those fish and hunt down that eco. Jak and Daxter Collection also features over 100 Trophies (including 3 Platinum) to unlock while you play through all three titles. These Trophy sets are separate from the PS3 version, so that means three more Platinum Trophies for you Trophy Hunters out there.

In addition to picking up Jak and Daxter Collection at your local game retailer, you’ll be able to download the title via PSN. Starting later today, Jak and Daxter Collection will be available on the PlayStation Store for $29.99. Grab Jak and Daxter Collection today, and experience the full evolution of the franchise. You’re in for some wild, hilarious adventures — enjoy!

Jack and Daxter Collection PS VitaJak and Daxter Collection on PS Vita

100 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ swimquick on June 18th, 2013 at 11:10 am said:

The Precursor Legacy was my first video game ever. Waiting for the Store to update so I can play it.

+ rssephiroth on June 18th, 2013 at 11:12 am said:

So does this mean no Cross Buy if I already own the PS3 version?

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on June 18th, 2013 at 11:14 am said:

I love Jak & Daxter! Even though i bought the HD collection on PS3 (digitally, of course) i’m gonna double dip on the Vita version, as well.Cause i really want a hard copy of it :p

+ swimquick on June 18th, 2013 at 11:14 am said:

@2 Probably. It is a completely separate trophy list. Hopefully when the Store updates, though, they can surprise us, but don’t count on it.

+ Edzo04ps on June 18th, 2013 at 11:20 am said:

cant wait to play these. only naughty dog games i havent played yet.

+ soundandvision77 on June 18th, 2013 at 11:21 am said:

Any chance these will be released separately on PSN so you can buy them individually? I bought the first one a couple months ago for PS3 when it was on sale. I’m really just looking to get Jak 3 at this point, and it would be great to play it on Vita.

+ GomoGomoNo on June 18th, 2013 at 11:25 am said:

I’ve been waiting for this to come to Vita. I was a huge Naught Dog fan in the PS2 days. I wish they would go back to making open world type games like these on PS4 and leave behind the interactive movies they made on PS3… though they probably wont seeing how popular those “games” are…

+ quantaypeoples21 on June 18th, 2013 at 11:25 am said:

i really wish there was a demo. i would love to try out this game before i buy it. i love jak & daxter games.

+ KazeEternal on June 18th, 2013 at 11:27 am said:

Is it Cross Save?

I’ve given up on Trophies at this point due to these separate lists not being Cross-Earned.

+ ChrisHighwind on June 18th, 2013 at 11:27 am said:

@2: Considering they haven’t said a word about Cross-Buy, I’d have to say no.

+ vanwinkle on June 18th, 2013 at 11:28 am said:

Just a heads up for everybody, this game on Vita has major frame rate and graphical issues. Apparently its a really bad experience. I want SCEA to know how disappointed I am and upset that this game and the recently released R&C FFA are nearly unplayable. You are betraying the trust of Vita owners and I hope you are ashamed of the product you’re putting out. You certainly should be. The J&D games are some of my favorite games ever, and the fact that these games on Vita look AND PLAY vastly worse than THE PS2 VERSIONS is embarrassing and makes me ashamed to even be a Sony fan.

+ Zionine on June 18th, 2013 at 11:29 am said:

There better be a patch, even if it’s a big one, to fix all the frame rate issues in both Jak 1 and 3. Jak 2 has cruddy graphics so it’s not that skippy at all.

This port is a disgrace to Naughty Dog. I would only recommend it to newcomers to the Jak series and people who feel like they really need to play it on the Vita.

The Vita can handle so much more than the graphics in these games.. It baffles me to think that this was released in its condition. Compare it side by side by the PS3 and it just doesn’t make sense at all.

Jak and Daxter requires some pretty precise controlling and these ports just don’t allow you to do that.

Go look up reviews if you’re not buying what I’m telling you.

+ vanwinkle on June 18th, 2013 at 11:29 am said:

I don’t expect a response or a patch for the game, buy I suppose that’s the way of the world.

+ Zionine on June 18th, 2013 at 11:30 am said:

I’ll second @11 vanwinkle’s post.
This is saddening.

+ Dinsouza on June 18th, 2013 at 11:30 am said:

Unfortunately, I heard some bad things about the quality of this port. Some rather absurd things have been overlooked, like the existence of the option to turn on or off the “controller vibration”, according to a review. There are also several problems with the graphics, performance and controls. Such a shame, ’cause I’d be all for it, had it been handled carefully.

+ iriihutoR84 on June 18th, 2013 at 11:42 am said:

Sony, please stop giving us PS2 games which run worse than on the PS2. It’s shameful releasing games in a state such as this collection. Shape up!

+ Alastor424 on June 18th, 2013 at 11:44 am said:

Fun fact: did you know The Last of Us was based off ideas from a Jak 4?
The 2nd team at Naughty Dog is now looking into a new Jak and Daxter game after bring dismissed by The Last of Us team.

+ Alastor424 on June 18th, 2013 at 11:45 am said:

Though, they may dismiss it as well.

+ CatatonicAlex on June 18th, 2013 at 11:48 am said:

@17
I read that naughty dog looked into creating a Jak 4 as well but they dismissed it because Jak didn’t work/look good with updated graphics.

Out of the two reviews released for this game, both state that it has serious frame-rate issues…so I’m going to hold off and see what others think and how severe they are before purchasing.

+ akisuo on June 18th, 2013 at 11:54 am said:

Awesome. I haven’t picked up the PS3 version due to time and work, but I’ll definitely get the Vita version this weekend! Now if we can get the Ratchet & Clank Collection on Vita, I’ll be set. =)

+ Bi0search on June 18th, 2013 at 12:02 pm said:

So this article is saying that if we go into GameStop and buy Jak & Daxter for the PS Vita, we will also recieve a code to download it digitally? Or is this article stating that it’s available digitally as well as physical?

+ JOHNDOE5 on June 18th, 2013 at 12:10 pm said:

i Just bought this at gamestop, the frame rate is terrible. Sony please release a patch to fix this, it ruins the experience. :(

+ CatatonicAlex on June 18th, 2013 at 12:13 pm said:

@22
Thanks. :)

+ stu123 on June 18th, 2013 at 12:20 pm said:

These are great but don’t understand why someone would pay that to play them on Vita if they’ve just played the ones available on PS3.

+ xClayMeow on June 18th, 2013 at 12:24 pm said:

I have a huge backlog of Vita titles already, so I’ll be waiting for a PS+ discount. Glad to see this on Vita though since I’ve never played J&D.

+ Zionine on June 18th, 2013 at 12:30 pm said:

@24 Portability.

@22, I second that motion.

+ TomHoang on June 18th, 2013 at 12:35 pm said:

The box art for the Vita version is so much better than the PS3 version.

+ Sandrampage on June 18th, 2013 at 12:36 pm said:

Well, I remember Jak 2 from PS2, and playing the third game somewhere, and I was overjoyed to hear they would arrive on Vita. I’m just disappointed now. At this point, what I am hearing is deterring me from buying the game. If it is still rescuable, then do whatever you can, Sony. I’m starting to wonder if you care less for Vita owners than others, so please prove me wrong…

+ GummyCore on June 18th, 2013 at 12:47 pm said:

Should have included the PSP games in the collection.

+ IIL0YDII on June 18th, 2013 at 12:49 pm said:

Framerate is horrible! Don’t buy it unless they treat this classic like Konami did with MGS Collection.

+ cortiz2092000 on June 18th, 2013 at 12:57 pm said:

Jak 1 and jak 3 have framerate issues jak 2 runs perfectly, I haven’t experienced any graphic issues most people have spoken about. So don’t listen to them

Buy the game it’s worth it..

But hopefully there is a patch out soon

+ ChrisHighwind on June 18th, 2013 at 1:00 pm said:

Hm, considering this is the Playstation Vita, a console that not even Sony themselves care about, I’m not surprised to hear that the quality of the games is poor.

+ Gorvi on June 18th, 2013 at 1:08 pm said:

This is waiting on my doorstep for me to go home to, along with The Last of Us (UPS messed up so it’s late). I also hit a particularly interesting point in Persona 4 Golden last night. Too many great games to play!

+ macy113 on June 18th, 2013 at 1:20 pm said:

Picked up this collection last week at my local walmart, must of released it early

+ RoyalBluntz420 on June 18th, 2013 at 1:22 pm said:

Other than minor framerate issues this collection is superb on PSVita, for hardcore fans like me, its a must buy.

+ Alastor424 on June 18th, 2013 at 1:24 pm said:

As a hardcore fan, this game runs terribly. I’ve wasted my money. The frame rate is absolutely terrible.

+ swan-ton-bom on June 18th, 2013 at 3:09 pm said:

Awesome, lol 3 new trophies means I should get it on the Vita too! :p

+ Edzo04ps on June 18th, 2013 at 3:32 pm said:

i cant believe i just wasted my money on this crappy port. the low frame rate makes this near unplayable. fix it.

+ VaVeTi on June 18th, 2013 at 5:57 pm said:

so…. first the fail that was called ratchet and clank ffa and now the fail thats called jak and daxter and claiming that they dont have any problems

and then wondering why no one wants to have a vita

+ Pikmologist on June 18th, 2013 at 6:01 pm said:

Ironically just finished The Last of Us, I already have these on PS2 and PS3, but I love the Jak & Daxter Series so much that I’m buying them again. Having these on a portable will be amazing! I only have $16 right now, though. I need $14 more… Meaning I can probably pick up the collection tomorrow. Probably going to replay The last of Us anyways on New Game+

+ time-space on June 18th, 2013 at 6:03 pm said:

This game is not enjoyable on the PSV. I never thought I would say that about this legendary trilogy. I don’t see Nintendo releasing broken Mario games. This is embarrassing…patch it or you will lose a costumer.

+ Cry_Zero on June 18th, 2013 at 6:05 pm said:

I bought it today and I have to admit that the framerate is terrible. It just doesnt feel as smooth as the ps3 version feels. PLEASE you HAVE TO FIX that with a patch!!!!! PLEASE!!!! Dont let us down like that. I LOVE The Jak series( bought it on every console ((Ps2,Ps3,PSV)) but do something about the issues

+ kingelectric8509 on June 18th, 2013 at 6:17 pm said:

What about those who already have the disc version of the Jak and Daxter Collection? Why are we unable to cross-buy and get the game for free on the PS Vita? This isn’t fair Sony.

+ YorlecmNwahs on June 18th, 2013 at 6:28 pm said:

Go to Google

Search “Let’s Get FlatOut Head On PS Vita Compatible”

Click on the first result.

Sign the petition please.

+ HotLikeSauce-0- on June 18th, 2013 at 7:56 pm said:

Will we be seeing these titles released on the PSN separately? Already played Jak 1 for PS3, would like to play Jak 2 and 3 on Vita!

+ ToFeY on June 18th, 2013 at 9:37 pm said:

so it’s not cross buy? that’s a shame maybe i’ll get it later

+ Dpen00 on June 18th, 2013 at 10:25 pm said:

MY GOD! The frame rate is terrible. It makes me not want to play this game. I went back to Soul Sacrifice after 20 minutes of gameplay on J&D Collection. I totally agree with all the comment on how bad the frames are and really hope this game receives a patch soon.

This is prime a example of why people complain about ports and want more exclusives. If you’re going to port a game at least do it right like Person 4 Golden. As it stands this game is trash in my opinion which is a shame because I was really looking forward to this release. This should have not been release in its current state and we shouldn’t have to wait or rely on a patch fix what was obviously broken from the start. Someone really dropped the ball on quality assurance for J&D or Sony just didn’t give a damn.

+ eldrgod1 on June 18th, 2013 at 11:11 pm said:

I seem to be the only one that isn’t having frame rate issues with the J&D Collection……….hmmm

+ Benzitor on June 18th, 2013 at 11:47 pm said:

@48 If you actually purchased the collection, can you give a more detail comment. Only two official review and 3 videos from E3 are available so far…thin to build an opinion. Comments are awfull, but sometimes people do comment without owning the actual game.
Is it comparable to Soul Sacrifice Framerate, or lower than this. If you compared it with Stranger wrath or Sly4 what would be your verdict… Graphically wiase, and animation wise.

+ Renan_Acid on June 19th, 2013 at 5:31 am said:

We need a new Jak game made by Naughty Dog!

PAGE 1 2