Far Cry 4

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Jun 18, 2013 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

PlayStation Store Update

PSN

Dungeons & Dragons Chronicles of Mystara HD ($14.99)
Dungeons and Dragons Mystara
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara combines two timeless D&D arcade classics -Tower of Doom and Shadow over Mystara- into one definitive package. Battle through a rich fantasy universe with a host of new features, including HD visuals, drop-in/drop-out 4 player online co-op, customizable House Rules, leaderboards, and a trove of extras.
Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard ($9.99)
Eat Lead Matt Hazard
Get ready for a fictional account of the world’s most popular video game hero… of the 1980s. Matt Hazard is coming out of retirement and making his next-gen ‘comeback’ against all his old enemies in a hilarious parody of the last 25 years of action games.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams ($14.99)
Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams
Morph at will between two dynamically different dream worlds in this fast-paced hardcore platformer! Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams combines punchy graphics and tight controls with the challenge of retro era platforming.
Storm ($9.99)
Storm
Using simple controls you manipulate wind, rain, lightning, snow and bubbles to solve puzzles at your own pace, interacting with lush landscapes in each of the seasons to lead a seed to a new, happy home. Embrace the subtleties and strengths of nature to move a broken branch, fill a small pond or make snow fall to solve puzzles and create natural paths.

PS Vita

Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two ($29.99)
Epic Mickey 2
Join Mickey Mouse and Oswald the Lucky Rabbit on a magical adventure to save the wacky world of lost Disney characters.
Jak & Daxter Collection ($26.99)
Jak and Daxter Collection
The Jak and Daxter Collection features all three best-selling PlayStation 2 classic hits: Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, Jak II and Jak 3. This collection follows fan-favorite Jak and his sidekick Daxter through a series of action-packed adventures. The Jak and Daxter Collection blends action, shooting, driving, and platforming into one complete package.

PS2 Classics

Castlevania: Lament of Innocence ($9.99)
Castlevania Lament of Innocence
Play as Leon Belmont as he searches a vampire’s castle in search of his kidnapped betrothed.
Corvette Evolution GT ($9.99)
Corvette Evolution GT
Race across 28 different tracks using 35 cars against a revolutionary A.I. You will need real skill and lightning-fast reflexes to win every race.

Bundles

Carnivores Bundle (2-in-1) ($5.99)
Carnivores Bundle
Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter is a hunting game, which lets players explore huge non-linear locations as they attempt to track down a variety of dinosaurs. This version comes with new dinosaur and snowless map from Carnivores: Ice Age game.
Sonic The Hedgehog Master Collection ($29.99)
Sonic Classic Master Collection
For limited time, enjoy lots of classic Sonic the Hedgehog games for one amazing price.

1. Sonic Adventure
  2. Sonic Adventure DX Upgrade
  3. Sonic Adventure 2
  4. Sonic Adventure 2 DLC
  5. Sonic CD
  6. Sonic The Hedgehog
  7. Sonic The Hedgehog 2
  8. Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1
  9. Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2

PlayStation Store Highlights

This week on the PlayStation Store the PS Vita gets the Jak & Daxter Collection along with Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two, while Dungeons & Dragons Chronicles of Mystara HD, Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams and Storm are available for PlayStation 3.

If you’re a fan of Sonic, SEGA’s new Master Collection bundle might be of interest as it includes nine classic Sonic titles.

Finally, PlayStation Plus members can now download Saints Row: The Third on their PlayStation 3 and Gods Eater Burst on their PSP/PS Vitas as they join the Instant Game Collection.

Movie lovers should check out EPIX’s free preview weekend, starting June 21 through June 23. Even if you miss this weekend, you can always nab a 14-day trial of the service here.

If you’d like to peruse all the new items on the store at your own leisure, feel free to check out the web storefront. As always, please leave your thoughts in the comments below. You can also chat about this update in the PlayStation Community Forums.

PlayStation Plus

PlayStation Plus Update 6-16-2013

Learn more and purchase online or go to the PlayStation Store to activate instantly. To learn more about this week’s Plus offerings, check out this week’s PS Plus post.

Instant Game Collection

Saint’s Row: The Third (PS3)
Gods Eater Burst (PSP/PS Vita)

PS3 Demos

NCAA Football 14
NCAA 14
NCAA Football 14 unlocks the unpredictability and innovation of the college game. The new physics-driven animation system and re-engineered option game influence the outcome of every moment.
Dungeons & Dragons Chronicles of Mystara HD
Dungeons and Dragons Mystara
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams

Soundtrack

• Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier Original Soundtrack – $9.99

Price Change

• Tomb Raider – PS3 Game (now: $44.99 original price: $59.99)

Sales

• Demon’s Souls – PS3 Game (now: $14.99 original price: $19.99)
  • Daytona USA – PS3 Game (now: $4.99 original price: $9.99)
  • flOw – PS3 Game (now: $2.79 original price: $5.59)
  • Flower – PS3 Game (now: $3.49 original price: $6.99)
  • Hell Yeah! Bundle – PS3 Bundle (now: $9.99 original price: $19.99)
  • Nights into Dreams – PS3 Game (now: $4.99 original price: $9.99)
  • Renegade Ops – PS3 Game (now: $4.99 original price: $9.99)
  • Breakquest: Extra Evolution – PS mini (now: $1.99 original price: $3.99)
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Explosive Mission Pack – PS3 Add-On (now: $1.74 original price: $3.49)
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution: The Missing Link Pack – PS3 Add-On (now: $7.49 original price: $14.99)
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Tactical Enhancement Pack – PS3 Add-On (now: $0.99 original price: $1.99)

PS3 Add-ons

God of War: Ascension
  • Legendary Spears Pack ($4.99)
  • Spear of Hyperion Multiplayer Weapon ($2.99)
  • Spear of Phobos Multiplayer Weapon ($2.99)
GRID 2
  • Unlock All Cars ($6.99)
Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
  • Neptune Idol Costume Set ($1.99)
  • Noire Idol Costume Set ($1.99)
Injustice: Gods Among Us
  • Zombie Mode ($0.99)
Resident Evil Revelations
  • Jessica’s G18($0.99)
  • Jill’s Samurai Edge ($0.99)
  • Parker’s Government ($0.99)
LittleBigPlanet 2/Little Big Planet Karting
  • Chun-Li Costume ($1.99)
  • Guile Costume ($1.99)
  • Racing Driver Pack ($1.49)
  • Ryu Costume ($1.99)
  • Street Fighter Costume Kit ($5.99)
  • Zangief Costume ($1.99)
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception
  • Ancient Parts Pack ($9.99)
  • Chloe Artifact Mask ($0.49)
  • Chloe Aztec Mask ($0.99)
  • Chloe Aztec Skull Mask ($0.99)
  • Cutter Dogu Miyagi Mask ($1.99)
  • Drake Spartan Helmet ($0.49)
  • Japanese Mask ($0.49)
  • Sully Moai Mask ($0.99)
  • Talbot Aztec Statue Mask ($0.99)
  • Talbot Noh Mask ($0.49)
PS3 Themes
  • Surreal Moon Tan Dynamic Theme — $2.99
PS3 Videos
  • Muramasa Rebirth ‘Warriors Of Chaos’ Trailer
  • The Bureau Burn Room Trailer

+ PhillyTheCat on June 18th, 2013 at 3:17 pm said:

***Sony***
Vita needs the following games added to it’s own PS Store:

PS One Classics currently available through PS3 & PSP ONLY!

Blood Omen-Legacy of Kain(Cannot be transferred to Vita vita USB)
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops/Plus
Final Fantasy V (Cannot be transferred to Vita via USB)
Castlevania Chronicles
Symphony of the Night
Crash Bandicoot (Cannot be transferred to Vita vita USB)
Spyro the Dragon (Cannot be transferred to Vita vita USB)

Gamers, please feel free to copy this & add some games that
You all know need that Vita love.

Including PSP games too!!

+ mollendino1991 on June 18th, 2013 at 3:20 pm said:

Great PS. I going to play Saint Rows .

+ Satnamji on June 18th, 2013 at 3:27 pm said:

The Missing Link DLC for Deus Ex is totally worth it, by the way. One of the best story DLCs I’ve ever played and a must if you enjoyed Deus Ex as much as I did.

+ Rinaldus91 on June 18th, 2013 at 3:31 pm said:

Where are the FFXV and KHIII trailers, Grace? I need them, you understand that don’t you. I NEED THEM.

+ daskratos on June 18th, 2013 at 3:34 pm said:

Can we please please get discount on Trine, Trine 2 and Limbo……Thanks a bunch….

+ Edzo04ps on June 18th, 2013 at 3:35 pm said:

fix jak and daxter :(

+ Yugostar12 on June 18th, 2013 at 3:45 pm said:

When are these updates going to be done?
The ps store wont let me put funds in my wallet

+ Binarynova on June 18th, 2013 at 3:47 pm said:

@101: I’ll add “Final Fantasy Anniversary” and “Final Fantasy II”.

Those games are available in Japan and Europe, but still not in the US. There’s no good reason not to release them here, Sony/Square. I want to give you my money!

+ Omii132 on June 18th, 2013 at 3:51 pm said:

Hello Kristine!

Please tell the PSN team, that Plus members need an option to buy games on sale even if they were offered as a free download. For example: Guardians of Middle Earth for 3.75$ was something i wanted to buy, but i couldn´t.

And who would like to see a BATEN KAITOS Chronicles release? ;)

Also, i agree with a Dark Cloud 2 release as a PS2 classic, please let them know we WANT that game.

Thanks in advance!

Omii132

+ SnowForge on June 18th, 2013 at 3:51 pm said:

I have to agree with everyone else clamoring for SCEA to Update the PS Vita Store with all the PSP and PS1 Classics that are currently missing. There have been very few if any additions over the past few months, and it’s frustrating that so many great games that could relatively easily be made playable on the VIta haven’t been. Please, SCEA, expand the Vita’s library with games that it can and should already play.

+ rinearson on June 18th, 2013 at 4:05 pm said:

Please consider Final Fantasy XII as a downloadable title in the future. Thank you for all the great games!

+ DCS-Tekken on June 18th, 2013 at 4:08 pm said:

@16 PS4 would most likely have it’s own Limit…

Stuff from our PS3, wouldn’t work on PS4 anyways… So it have to be Seperate anyways…

+ Zonnex on June 18th, 2013 at 4:09 pm said:

@101 I second this on Final Fantasy V.

Along with the hope for the US release date of Tekken 3 (only available now in Japan) and Fear Effect 1 & 2 (only available now in UK) for the PS3/Vita/PSP, what about Final Fantasy V compatible for the Vita in the US?

I had already contacted SquareEnix a while back and they responded saying that Sony, that handles the PSN, are responsible for this. However I heard vice versa. Can someone clear the confusion up and make it available for the Vita. it’s weird to see Final Fantasy V missing in my FF Vita Collection Folder.

+ DCS-Tekken on June 18th, 2013 at 4:10 pm said:

Speaking of PRICE cuts Sony? We need a Price Cut on Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition u still have it listed at A WHOPPING! 49.99 when it’s only 19.99 at Retail Stores!

PLEASE do a Price Cut on Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition! Or better yet how giving that one as a FREE game for PS Plus Members… Even Better….

+ ShinNaraku on June 18th, 2013 at 4:12 pm said:

Castlevania: Lament of Innocence? My favorite Castlevania! Awesome. When are we getting Capcom Vs. SNK 2, though? I’ve been waiting on that since the end of April. Well, that’s when Capcom said it would be in stores.

+ SamHain19 on June 18th, 2013 at 4:14 pm said:

I was going to buy Saints Row a while back during a Steam sale. Glad I waited!

+ ElektroDragon on June 18th, 2013 at 4:21 pm said:

No Plus discount for Gianna Sisters is LAME!!!!

+ ElektroDragon on June 18th, 2013 at 4:26 pm said:

Also please STOP making Soul Calibur and God Eater Burst look like Vita games in your Plus advertising.

It’s disingenuous!

+ TheDeity on June 18th, 2013 at 4:28 pm said:

for the past couple weeks I was so excited to get the Jak and Daxter Collection but the more I read about it, it sounds like its a poorly done port with frame rate issues…I haven’t played it myself so I can’t verify if this is correct, but there seem to be ALOT of people complaining about this problem…its a shame cuz I’ve never played these games before and was really looking forward to buying this collection…hopefully its fixed soon before I just decide to pass on it completely

+ PhillyTheCat on June 18th, 2013 at 4:38 pm said:

I’m going to add to the “millions” of VITA owners out there experiencing the Freezing issue that happens during an attempt to download a game. Instead of it processing the download, the screen that reads “Preparing to download” stays on & the loading bar spins endlessly. When you click Cancel, the screen goes dim & nothing happens. The only option is to turn the Vita off & back on again. This process can happen multiple times back to back before the game finally gets downloaded correctly. I’m currently experiencing this for Good Easter Burst. I believe a Grand Patch is necessary to remedy this.

Also, Silent Hill games cannot be downloaded on the Vita store.

Shaking my head….I thought you loved Survival Horror Sony…what happened?

+ Zionine on June 18th, 2013 at 4:41 pm said:

Honestly.. playing through the first level in Jak… It’s tolerable. probably 30 FPS with some hang up due to too much happening.

It’s worth the money for Jak on the go.

+ destruction1983 on June 18th, 2013 at 4:42 pm said:

+ JasonMatthews on June 18th, 2013 at 4:54 pm said:

PS2 titles on the Vita… I like what this implies.

+ sh1nk31 on June 18th, 2013 at 4:59 pm said:

Any word on when is Hotline Miami being released?

+ igorrocks2 on June 18th, 2013 at 5:11 pm said:

Okay, One question… Where are Last of Us day 1 DLC’s?

+ TJF588 on June 18th, 2013 at 5:13 pm said:

Whoa-oh, Storm’s back. Guess I can wipe its seasonal trailers off my system, now.

Hngh, wanna have Giana on PS3, but I already have it on PC and am not in the market for a full-price anything.

For sales, though, eyin’ the Journey and Patapon costumes in the LBPs, and perhaps the smaller half-off DXHR add-ons. Already have many other sale items, such as flOw, Flower, and Hell Yeah!, though I’d be interested in a deep discount on its add-ons alone.

That Carnivores bundle… super-old news? I’ve seen those two bundled plenty of times (and smiled inside, seeing the Store recognize my separate acquisitions together).

LAMENT OF INNOCENCE! Good to see one of the two PS2 CV releases re-released! Now begins Curse of Darkness’s countdown…

Got an e-mail about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles theme and episode, but you’re not mentioning the former’s temporary freeb-ness here?

Aaand, while I’m anticipant of Gods Eater Burst (which now sounds better to me than “God Eater Burst”, strangely), the IGC image needs to stop applying the same banner to PSP games as it does Vita-native titles. I’m in an odd camp, it seems, having a PSP and no Vita, so plainly seeing what I can use is preferable.

+ igorrocks2 on June 18th, 2013 at 5:32 pm said:

ok I think I miss read but I guess i will buy Season pas later next week or so this game deserved it eager to see whats ND will bring to PS4

+ gingermidget on June 18th, 2013 at 5:51 pm said:

any news on The Last of Us grounded making of will be out?

+ pgem1978 on June 18th, 2013 at 5:55 pm said:

I have been waiting for Castlevania Lamment of Innocence since the ps2 classics feature was introduced. Downloading it right now. You made me happy sony.

+ kingelectric8509 on June 18th, 2013 at 6:12 pm said:

It’s disappointing that those who actually purchased the disc version of the Jak and Daxter Collection for PS3 are unable to download the game to the PS Vita for free.

+ bLiNdSiDe82 on June 18th, 2013 at 6:12 pm said:

The Jak and Daxter Collection frame rate is a joke. I can’t believe it was even released in its current state. There should be at least acknowledgement of the issues with the framerate and control responsiveness, and a patch needs to be a priority.

+ zingakun on June 18th, 2013 at 6:13 pm said:

Hey, flOw and Flower have a PS+ discount. Don’t know if you guys forgot to mention it in this post, but thank you!

+ klassymike on June 18th, 2013 at 6:24 pm said:

+ kingelectric8509 on June 18th, 2013 at 6:12 pm said:

You’re joking, right? So, any disc based game that comes to the Vita digitally, you think should be free?? Yea, that would encourage developers to keep making Vita games, so they can keep losing money…..Never going to happen, so keep dreaming.

+ YorlecmNwahs on June 18th, 2013 at 6:26 pm said:

Go to Google

Search “Let’s Get FlatOut Head On PS Vita Compatible”

Click on the first result.

Sign the petition please.

+ skate927 on June 18th, 2013 at 6:30 pm said:

I Need More PS Vita Demos!!! In The Next Update!!!!!…….. Please T-T

+ CrusaderForever on June 18th, 2013 at 6:39 pm said:

Great update! Thanks Sony! I am lost in The Last of Us! Incredible game!

+ JellyJugs on June 18th, 2013 at 6:40 pm said:

Was waiting to get paid today to buy Assassins Creed Liberation but thanks to the early update I missed it :(

+ FeralToki on June 18th, 2013 at 6:57 pm said:

“The online service has been terminated.”

Sooo… White Knight Chronicles was utterly destroyed for no real reason in exchange for… Matt Hazard?

Not really a fair trade, if you ask me.

(HARD MODE: Can anyone recommend me another PS3 MMORPG with a high fantasy setting, character customization, lobbies, an in-game message board and no monthly subscription fee?)

+ saab01 on June 18th, 2013 at 7:18 pm said:

Does any other plus members know of a workaround for the system software update automatic download. I have my PS3 set to download all new patches and software updates but like always tomorrow when I turn on my PS3 its going to say system software 4.45 has downloaded and installed on my PS3 but its not true. When I go to system settings it will say firmware 4.41 so I have to go and download the firmware than install. Any news on how to actually get the PS3 to download and install the update correctly???

+ DJBennett1985 on June 18th, 2013 at 7:25 pm said:

Just installed update 4.45 and now my PS3 won’t load the XMB. Great.

+ ItaChu on June 18th, 2013 at 7:27 pm said:

DONT UPDATE THE PS3 TO 4.45!!!! DONT DO IT!!!

This update just messed up my ps3…. im not FOREVER stuck inbetween the PS3 bootscreen and the moment the XMB is supposed to pop out …. it doesnt load the XMB!!!

Thanks Sony …. now I have to take my hard drive out format it and redownload EVERY THING!! to a 1TB HDD …. omg fix the update so this doesnt happen to other people PLEASE!!!

+ PrimeroIncognito on June 18th, 2013 at 7:27 pm said:

^^ Thanks for the news. I’m going to wait until I hear more about 4.45 before I install it.

+ ItaChu on June 18th, 2013 at 7:29 pm said:

i meant to write now* FOREVER not, not FOREVER….

I wonder if trying to go to that recorvey menu could help…. i dont remember how to do it though

+ DJBennett1985 on June 18th, 2013 at 7:30 pm said:

@143 hold down the power button til it double beeps

+ ItaChu on June 18th, 2013 at 7:36 pm said:

yeah thats what I did…. dont know what im gonna do now though… install 4.40? what should I do?

+ DJBennett1985 on June 18th, 2013 at 7:38 pm said:

dont know man.. im waiting to hear from sony but of course theyre not saying anything. i better not have to format my 1tb hard drive

+ avatarguy on June 18th, 2013 at 7:41 pm said:

DO NOT UPDATE!!!

+ Aranethon on June 18th, 2013 at 7:41 pm said:

The firmware update just killed my PS3.

+ DJBennett1985 on June 18th, 2013 at 7:41 pm said:

awesome, now when i start my ps3 it tells me that i have to format my hard drive. 900 gb worth of data. thank you so much.

+ PrimeroIncognito on June 18th, 2013 at 7:43 pm said:

Is this one of those mandatory updates? Or can I get into the store without it? Sorry for asking a dumb question, but I’m away from my PS3 right now so I can’t check it myself.