PS4-The Order

PlayStation Blogcast 078: Hotline to Hell

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Jun 20, 2013 // Social Media Manager

Subscription Links:

• Download the MP3 here on PS3, PS Vita or PC (Right-Click->Save As)

With a memorable E3 behind us (phew!), we decompress with next week’s overstuffed slate of PlayStation new releases for June 25th, a slew of listener letters and user-plucked PSN Gems, and some (spoiler-free!) thoughts on Hotline Miami, The Last of Us, Man of Steel, Octodad, E3 standouts and more.

Stuff We Talked About

Send us questions and tips: blogcast@playstation.sony.com

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Aram JabbariOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Justin Massongill

The Cast

34 Comments

+ Yuranium on June 20th, 2013 at 6:11 pm said:

Downloading now. Very exciting about this ep. :)

+ Yuranium on June 20th, 2013 at 6:11 pm said:

^ excited*

+ UndreyVITA on June 20th, 2013 at 6:20 pm said:

Hey Sid:

+ SAIYAN98 on June 20th, 2013 at 6:21 pm said:

Whatever happened to the PS Blog Share?!?!?

+ RE_Player on June 20th, 2013 at 6:28 pm said:

Looking forward to listening. You guys killed it with all the E3 coverage.

+ camiwaits_us on June 20th, 2013 at 6:54 pm said:

My body is ready for Hotline Miami, woot,woot! I’m glad it’s only $9.99.

+ thebiglouie on June 20th, 2013 at 7:19 pm said:

About that story of The Last of Us earning more than the movie The Man of Steel: That happen in the UK in the weekend, not over here. It’s still very impressive, though.

+ IIL0YDII on June 20th, 2013 at 7:22 pm said:

How about you mention somewhere in Blog that it is not recommended to update to 4.45 on PS3?Do you care about your customers at all?

+ Robbie_G_lrish on June 20th, 2013 at 7:36 pm said:

I actually thought Man Of Steel was the best depiction of Superman on film yet. I love that they took The Dark Knight approach and made it more serious. They got rid of a lot of the tired old Superman tropes and I’m quite thankful that he’s no longer an embarrassing dweeb. To me it feels more like a modern sci-fi epic than a comic book movie and I’m totally fine with that. It wasn’t perfect (and the 3D didn’t amaze like it does on Prometheus) but I’m definitely picking it up on Blu-ray.

+ enricky559 on June 20th, 2013 at 7:58 pm said:

Any news on when the 4.45 PS3 System Update problem will be fixed? Because I really want to play The Last of Us. Thank You.

+ trinigamer101 on June 20th, 2013 at 8:01 pm said:

A week later aftermath from E3, what new words i like too hear from Sid and the panel, 78 down, 22 to go

+ ToonAddict1 on June 20th, 2013 at 8:54 pm said:

I’m definitely anxious for the upcoming Pinball Arcade release this coming Tuesday.

BTW, will the Season 2 “Season Pass” for that game also be on sale for the PS3 and Vita that day?

+ sTaB_u_N_uR_i on June 20th, 2013 at 8:56 pm said:

Hey guys i have a question about the PS4.
My wife and I both share our PS3. I have the main account and she has a sub account.
Now that we will be needing plus to play multiplayer online (no prob, been a happy plus member from day one)
Will both of us need plus membership to play online or will we only need one PS+ membership for the console?

+ moecage on June 20th, 2013 at 9:32 pm said:

You guys did a great job at E3,I enjoyed every video you guys had and the interviews were really well done.

+ NickMulder on June 20th, 2013 at 9:39 pm said:

I second what #9 said! MUST PLAY THE LAST OF US NOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!

+ BigE_1995 on June 20th, 2013 at 10:40 pm said:

:D

+ JMBlakk on June 21st, 2013 at 1:20 am said:

Finally, A new podcast. Haven’t listened to you guys in a couple months but I had to just because of E3

+ JMBlakk on June 21st, 2013 at 1:54 am said:

“Bodied” is a thing, just funny to hear it in a playstation podcast when a hear it in my rap music

+ Kchow23 on June 21st, 2013 at 1:54 am said:

Wow! Way to spoil Man of Steel…. someone put a spoiler muzzle on Aram!

+ KRONOS– on June 21st, 2013 at 2:24 am said:

Huge fan of your podcast. Thank you for all your hard work for the E3 coverage. You guys earned that much needed vacation.

I wanted to give you some feedback for your podcast. IGN and the Blog’s podcast are the only ones I listen to and enjoy. With that said, there’s a key difference with both that I hope can be looked into for future blogcasts.

Basically, what I do appreciate about IGN’s podcast, is that the guys give each other the chance to speak, comment, rant, etc without cutting each other off. They don’t feel the need to rush just to get a word out there which allows for great conversations to listen to.

PS Blog’s podcast is great, but there is too much cutting off/interrupting over one another and it can make it difficult to keep up and listen to. It’s way too fast paced and I think each speaker should allow the other to finish what they have to say, and take a breath and don’t rush to get a word out But despite this minor criticism, I truly appreciate you guys and will keep listening. Keep up the excellent work!!

+ PBrudz on June 21st, 2013 at 6:01 am said:

WHY ISN’T MAGIC THE GATHERING COMING OUT FOR VITA!?

+ PBrudz on June 21st, 2013 at 6:15 am said:

Sorry about the all caps in my post above but I’m really disappointed :(

+ pablofsi08 on June 21st, 2013 at 7:08 am said:

PS4 still has time to implement retrocompatibility through software emulation with PS3 games, PS2 games and PSX digital games through software emulation (which they already have in their Gaikai milk-off-more-money-from-players system) and decline Plus being mandatory to play online maintaining online playing free for everyone. I want my PS3 digital purchases through the PSN Store to be playable and DON’T WANT TO BUY IT AGAIN WITH THAT CHINESE SCAM SERVICE CALLED GAIKAI. If they don’t, I will give the thumbs down to PS4, use my PS Plus account to “buy” free PS4 games (no paid games) and only buy it after it has dropped it’s price dramatically or they add compatibility with PS3 in any way they want to and they decide to keep as valid my games collection. I encourage everyone that bought over 190 digital PS3 games supporting this company to do the same. RESPECT TO MY PS3 GAMES COLLECTION!

+ firebranded on June 21st, 2013 at 7:11 am said:

@ Number 12, it’s one sub for all accounts on a system. @yosp has confirmed it on twitter

+ Stardust260 on June 21st, 2013 at 8:00 am said:

Guys, imagine Hotline Miami as a PS+ free title… I would be shocked :O (and very happy too)

+ Phillyblunz on June 21st, 2013 at 8:33 am said:

@23 do you know how this works when you have multiple PS4′s, or a mix of ps3′s and ps4′s?

Right now I have 4 PS3′s, when Sony took away 3 of my activations they really made it hard to use 2 of them.

So if I have 4 ps3′s and 1 ps4, how many playstation plus subs do I need?

It would be nice to get 2 ps4′s at some point but not if they make all my ps3′s uselss as far as plus is concerned.

I would like it to be similar to today but think Sony was very greedy taking away 3/5 activations. They could have at least chose the small side of the pie and left me 3 activations, or maybe offered to refund the money I paid for the 2 ps3′s I cant really use normally anymore.

So for ps4 i would love 3 activations, they can check my ip adress to confirm all are in one house.
With 3 activations I could buy 3 ps4′s and share content easily between them.

What I do on ps3 is buy one digital game, say a single player local/online coop game, then I install it on 2 ps3′s and using a sub account I can play that game as local coop using two tv’s.
Even for split screen games it is nice to have your own screen, I really hope we can still do this on ps4.

Who has a link to how this works?

+ gus_xl on June 21st, 2013 at 9:54 am said:

Great show guys. I know this is off the subject, but do you have any idea if Farming Simulator is going to come to the U.S. for the Vita?

+ gus_xl on June 21st, 2013 at 9:58 am said:

Sorry, I just got to the part of the podcast where you mentioned it. Thanks.

+ BlindMango on June 21st, 2013 at 12:02 pm said:

Podcast time!

@3 – Hahaha, that is a win

+ Ryumoau on June 21st, 2013 at 2:44 pm said:

i hope Muramasa either gets a ps plus discount or is less than $30.

+ supvic on June 21st, 2013 at 3:13 pm said:

Whoa you guys listen to Tycho?! that’s the last thing I was expecting to hear on this blogcast. Definitely wanna check out Hohokum after hearing that.

+ warrior-king237 on June 22nd, 2013 at 9:11 am said:

PS4 should maintain online playing free for everyone it should not be a Plus feature and mandatory to play online. Gaming is already expensive and Sony is certaininly lining it’s pockets and not respecting its customer base. Compatabilty between consoles should exist as people have spent a good part of their hard worked earnings to build up their games collection. These two issues are a big deal to all gamers. Playstation should listen to their customers as they are their bread and butter. Unfortunately, it takes a drop in sales for corporations to listen.

+ lisatsunami on June 23rd, 2013 at 4:15 am said:

I can finally exit my year-long anti-spoiler bubble because I finished TLOU. It is fantastic, worth all of the angst I felt while playing. The writing and acting are far beyond what I’ve experienced in all other games I’ve played. It’s one of the few games that I will still be pondering long after it sinks way down on my trophy list.

+ aplay-may-cry on June 25th, 2013 at 10:47 pm said:

high moon studios didn’t closes down they just had massive layoffs.