Star Wars Battlefront

Jun 20

PlayStation MVPs

PlayStation MVPs Invade E3 2013

Kristine Steimer's Avatar Posted by Kristine Steimer on Jun 20, 2013 // Sr. Community Specialist

A historic E3 has come to a close and it was our honor to be able to share the experience with some of our fans. A small subset of our PlayStation MVPs, a group of PlayStation enthusiasts recognized on our official community forums, were invited to attend the show, our press conference and a few special demos of some upcoming titles.

PlayStation MVPs are fans that live and breathe PlayStation, while also providing critical feedback on our products. Although we can’t divulge all the criteria, PlayStation MVPs tend to have high Trophy counts, are active members of the community and are knowledgeable about all things gaming related. Think you’d be a good fit in our MVP program? Feel free to apply.

While at the show, our MVPs were free to explore at will, but the community team also set up a few sessions with publishers and developers such as Konami, Activision, Sony Santa Monica and Naughty Dog. Often meeting up with producers, the MVPs played Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2, Hohokum, The Last of Us, Skylanders Swap Force and Diablo III on PlayStation 3. The MVPs were also treated with a demo of Bungie’s highly anticipated Destiny. To close the show, our MVPs played Johann Sebastian Joust with the creator of the title at the IndieCade booth.

One of our MVPs, Ray McClean, aka WrekGar, had this to say:

“This has been a greatest experience I’ve ever had at E3, meeting my other fellow MVP’s along with Guy Longworth. I got to sit in at the press conference, which blew my mind with games like inFamous: Second Son, Drive Club, Beyond Two Souls, The Last of Us and Gran Turismo 6. The convention center was jammed packed with people lines were everywhere at the PlayStation booth.”

PlayStation MVPs at E3 2013
The MVPs take the Konami booth by storm to try out Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2.

PlayStation MVPs at E3 2013
Senior Vice President of Marketing Guy Longworth, Senior Director of PlayStation Digital Platforms Jack Buser and Director of Marketing for PlayStation Digital Platforms Brandon Stander attend a meet and greet session with PlayStation MVPs.

PlayStation MVPs at E3 2013
Greatness awaits our PlayStation MVPs

PlayStation MVPs at E3 2013
The PlayStation MVPs meet up with Community Manger Paul Sullivan before the PlayStation E3 press conference.

PlayStation MVPs at E3 2013
MVPs lined up to meet voice actors Troy Baker and Nolan North.

PlayStation MVPs at E3 2013
MVPs were treated with a demo of Destiny.

PlayStation MVPs at E3 2013
MVPs compete in a Johann Sebastian Joust tournament on the last day of the show.

PAGE 1 2

+ MoneyEscobar2in1 on June 23rd, 2013 at 10:40 am said:

I too wish that I could join you guys at E3 this year, you guys seemed like you had an One awesome experience and fun one at that. Getting out to LA is a Challenge Quest in of itself. but as they always say…there’s always next year.

+ Christian399 on June 20th, 2013 at 12:50 pm said:

Does geographical location matter? (Canadian) I’ll spare myself the entry if this is for US folks only, and wish them all good luck!

+ RISE_UP44 on June 20th, 2013 at 1:02 pm said:

I absolutely love Nolan North, he is so amazing and talented. That is a really great picture of them guys, it would be amazing to meet them someday.

+ Da_1_hated_tito on June 20th, 2013 at 1:12 pm said:

I can outright say that I’m jealous lol. I always wanted to meet Nolan North and Troy Baker.

+ MastrGT on June 20th, 2013 at 1:32 pm said:

I wish I could have gone, too. Maybe next year…

+ FunkyCupcake on June 20th, 2013 at 1:44 pm said:

This was an amazing opportunity to take part in and I’m glad I signed up for it. It was a pleasure meeting the Community Team and the rest of the MVPs!

Oh and im that ‘nervous’ girl in the photo. I assure you I wasn’t nervous at all XD I just wasn’t ready for the photo being taken :P ha

+ DJHaole on June 20th, 2013 at 1:50 pm said:

Though I am a veteran when it comes to E3, we did have a great time and there were a few more females in the bunch but did not take part in the photos….

By the way that is me in the third pic with NO_Fear making the face behind me, thanks for that lol.

+ SAIYAN98 on June 20th, 2013 at 2:05 pm said:

Is there an age limit to sign up to be an MVP?

+ gamer_316 on June 20th, 2013 at 2:24 pm said:

this was an amazing experience, I hope we’ll be able to do this again next yr, it was great bein abke to talk to ppl like Morgan, Matt, & Paul, u guys are awesome

+ goldenratio13 on June 20th, 2013 at 2:24 pm said:

I’m a little disappointed that Sony can publish these stories about E3 and the PS store, but when it comes to status updates on bricked PS3s, they all turn into deaf mutes.

Terrible customer service, just like a couple of years ago when PSN was hacked. I’m not talking about the screw ups, but Sony’s half-hearted attempt to keep their customers in the loop. That Q&A is a joke, and insulting to anyone with a shred of common sense. I don’t mind waiting for a fix, as long as there’s constant status updates. Guys, don’t be surprised if you don’t hear a peep out of Sony for the next six weeks just like 2011.

+ TwinDad on June 20th, 2013 at 2:38 pm said:

Lol. I have forgotten about looking good for a camera. The kotaku article was about a physical presence while at E3. So the women were present at E3, and this happened while there, or at an event/dinner offsite, but still in the E3 area.

I was just using it as an example of why you stated that some women might just not want to go, as they can be unfortunately the center of attention in a room when they might not want to be.

Are you asking if it’s for people 18 or older? I don’t think they care if your an older gamer. IN fact now that I see the picture with the VP. That gentleman in the front on the left, tell me there is no upper limit.

+ IIIBlackoutIII on June 20th, 2013 at 2:44 pm said:

The photo with Nolan North and Troy Baker is EPIC! That’s a lucky mvp fan.

+ TwinDad on June 20th, 2013 at 2:47 pm said:

Agreed. It could be longer. I’ve had the infamous Vita store download bug for well over 2 months now, as have plenty of people who post in the forum. I’ve asked for a simple confirmation that they know there is a problem for a few weeks now and have yet to get one.

Now for devils advocate, I wonder if I tweeted it at them if I would get a response from @Yosp or @Playstation. But as it stands now, I feel for those who bricked, as at least I can use my Vita.

+ Andy10003 on June 20th, 2013 at 2:51 pm said:

Applied! However, I have a bit of a complaint on the application process. 250 characters is not nearly enough to answer the questions in the application. I felt like I was essentially making a tweet. My answers went from a rather detailed answer to “Hey guy, I like PlayStation! PICK ME!”

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 20th, 2013 at 4:32 pm said:

good feedback, going to take that into account

+ lyfestory on June 20th, 2013 at 2:57 pm said:

Just my personal opinion, but E3 is a show that’s supposed to be for the press.. for journalists.. media… not for fans… i understand most of those who work in the gaming industry are gamers and fans at their core, but the event itself isn’t for fans… set aside a separate day if need be, or send them to a fan-friendly even designed around games… but not E3…

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 20th, 2013 at 4:31 pm said:

While the MVPs are certainly fans, they were definitely busy and contributed to actual PlayStation work. From an industry perspective, their insight and participation was extremely valuable. Was it fun? hell yes. It’s, in general, a fun time for everyone who works the event; so we definitely made it a good time. But we also put in a lot of work and only through making sure that the industry and PlayStation at E3 is actually aware of who’s actually the real important people in the picture, the fans, can we continue to ensure that we’re for gamers first and foremost.

+ Thwip on June 20th, 2013 at 2:57 pm said:

I applied, why not! I may not be the most active gamer on sites and on forums, but my MVP status is easily evident when one looks at my commitment through actual spend dollars.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on June 20th, 2013 at 4:32 pm said:

keep in mind, it’s really not about spend levels. We’re looking for people who love to be involved in the community as well..perhaps most importantly. Even if that community is someone who is just super active on the PS Blog, then that’s definitely worth considering! But spend levels are definitely not the main criteria.

PAGE 1 2