PS4 - Transistor

PlayStation MVPs Invade E3 2013

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Jun 20, 2013 // Sr. Community Specialist

A historic E3 has come to a close and it was our honor to be able to share the experience with some of our fans. A small subset of our PlayStation MVPs, a group of PlayStation enthusiasts recognized on our official community forums, were invited to attend the show, our press conference and a few special demos of some upcoming titles.

PlayStation MVPs are fans that live and breathe PlayStation, while also providing critical feedback on our products. Although we can’t divulge all the criteria, PlayStation MVPs tend to have high Trophy counts, are active members of the community and are knowledgeable about all things gaming related. Think you’d be a good fit in our MVP program? Feel free to apply.

While at the show, our MVPs were free to explore at will, but the community team also set up a few sessions with publishers and developers such as Konami, Activision, Sony Santa Monica and Naughty Dog. Often meeting up with producers, the MVPs played Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2, Hohokum, The Last of Us, Skylanders Swap Force and Diablo III on PlayStation 3. The MVPs were also treated with a demo of Bungie’s highly anticipated Destiny. To close the show, our MVPs played Johann Sebastian Joust with the creator of the title at the IndieCade booth.

One of our MVPs, Ray McClean, aka WrekGar, had this to say:

“This has been a greatest experience I’ve ever had at E3, meeting my other fellow MVP’s along with Guy Longworth. I got to sit in at the press conference, which blew my mind with games like inFamous: Second Son, Drive Club, Beyond Two Souls, The Last of Us and Gran Turismo 6. The convention center was jammed packed with people lines were everywhere at the PlayStation booth.”

PlayStation MVPs at E3 2013
The MVPs take the Konami booth by storm to try out Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2.

PlayStation MVPs at E3 2013
Senior Vice President of Marketing Guy Longworth, Senior Director of PlayStation Digital Platforms Jack Buser and Director of Marketing for PlayStation Digital Platforms Brandon Stander attend a meet and greet session with PlayStation MVPs.

PlayStation MVPs at E3 2013
Greatness awaits our PlayStation MVPs

PlayStation MVPs at E3 2013
The PlayStation MVPs meet up with Community Manger Paul Sullivan before the PlayStation E3 press conference.

PlayStation MVPs at E3 2013
MVPs lined up to meet voice actors Troy Baker and Nolan North.

PlayStation MVPs at E3 2013
MVPs were treated with a demo of Destiny.

PlayStation MVPs at E3 2013
MVPs compete in a Johann Sebastian Joust tournament on the last day of the show.

PAGE 1 2

+ Jerel on June 20th, 2013 at 6:32 pm said:

Sooo jealous… I never got to do anything like that while I was an MVP. :(

+ JROD0823 on June 20th, 2013 at 6:58 pm said:

Pretty sure I am just as much (or more) of a PlayStation fan as the MVP’s are.

I can’t show it as easily because I’m not able to devote all 24 hours each day of the week making posts on the PlayStation Community Forums.

I’ll try and apply again, but it is a futile effort on my part as far as I can tell.

+ RE_Player on June 20th, 2013 at 8:09 pm said:

For sure going to look into this when I have some free time on the weekend.

+ Phoenix7469 on June 20th, 2013 at 8:23 pm said:

I’m glad there was Guns of the Helghast representation at this year’s E3! Hope to go someday!

+ Danger_Dad on June 20th, 2013 at 9:11 pm said:

;^) E3 was a blast! Meeting all of those people in the legendary place where the magic happens was a real treat for me. I look forward to participating again next year, if I can swing it.

+ Tezasaurus on June 20th, 2013 at 9:57 pm said:

Applied, shame about the 250-character limit in answers, I had to edit my answers down quite a bit! I guess it is a good way to see how effective/concise an applicant is able to be though. Been a Playstation gamer from the very beginning, would love an opportunity to make a bigger impact and work with Sony to keep improving things!

+ derb on June 21st, 2013 at 12:22 am said:

Looks like all enjoyed every second.

I got around half way through TLoU before the 4.45 update. 320GB model slim. No problemo. Finished TLoU, great game!

I have not updated my super slim Jim 500GB yet.

Are all models at risk?

+ Spider-Jew on June 21st, 2013 at 12:34 am said:

We had such a great time! Looking forward to seeing what becomes of the feedback we gave throughout the event.

+ Makinen on June 21st, 2013 at 10:18 am said:

Hey Kristine – whatever happened to the Playstation GAP program. I was stoked when I got chosen to be a part of it and till today I treasure my GAP t-shirt.

Shouldn’t GAP members automatically become MVP’s!? :P

+ MoshuaDeath on June 21st, 2013 at 12:33 pm said:

THAT KID GOT TO MEAT NOLAN NORTH AND TROY BAKER AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!! I am officially jealous. What am I doing with my life, paying for bills, eating food, sleeping… Why haven’t I been on my Playstation more!! Among my friends I have the highest trophy count and rank of 22, but that pales in comparison to the lumpsome I’ve witnessed over time’s passing. But I would have loved an opportunity to meet two of the coolest current VAs of modern gaming. Nolan’s performance as David was scary by the way. He really freaking sold that crap.

+ Raid2865 on June 22nd, 2013 at 2:42 am said:

Since I see several comments about him, the guy in the picture with Nolan North and Troy Baker is actually YouTube user tripleWRECK: http://www.youtube.com/user/tripleWRECK He uploads everything Naughty Dog. Plus some additional content. Not trying to advertise for him but he’s a cool guy, check him out if you want.

+ The_Dukenator on June 22nd, 2013 at 10:24 am said:

@50 I had thought about becoming a Playstation MVP after being an Xbox Ambassador for over a year. I left that program, but can request to be re-added anytime.

Xbox Ambassadors get an icon on their forum profile, and access to a private forum. You don’t have be Gold to apply, but its preferable.

I stopped being an Xbox Ambassador when I lost interest in answering Xbox questions and so on. Answering Playstation questions isn’t that much different.

Atm I’m online somewhere doing tech support every day. Doesn’t matter what it is though since I enjoy doing it.

+ PROPHETOFDOOM13 on June 22nd, 2013 at 4:13 pm said:

What’s A MVP A Employee @ SONY?

+ The_Dukenator on June 22nd, 2013 at 5:46 pm said:

@62 A volunteer.

+ Jackatron on June 22nd, 2013 at 9:18 pm said:

I wish I could go to E3… :c

+ MoneyEscobar2in1 on June 23rd, 2013 at 10:40 am said:

I too wish that I could join you guys at E3 this year, you guys seemed like you had an One awesome experience and fun one at that. Getting out to LA is a Challenge Quest in of itself. but as they always say…there’s always next year.

PAGE 1 2