No Man's Sky

LittleBigPlanet Update: Tune in for Tunesday

Steven Isbell's Avatar + Posted by Steven Isbell on Jun 24, 2013 // LittleBigPlanet Community Coordinator

LittleBigPlanet Update

It’s a musical start to the week as we introduce Tunesday to the blog, and it just wouldn’t be a LittleBigPlanet Update without a good run-down of some of our favorite levels recently featured in the Team Picks!

Tunesday Tunes!

Every Tuesday on LittleBigPlanet is Tunesday! On this day each week, we feature a new music gallery in the LittleBigPlanet newsfeed containing a great collection of music for Sackfolk to collect and use in their own levels.

You can find a handy list containing all of the Tunesday levels so far – Right here!

BuddydestructionGiraffe_Paradise

We have already featured a handful of great composers such as Buddydestruction and Giraffe_Paradise and we will be featuring our next composer in LittleBigPlanet 2 tomorrow and the best part is that it could be you!

So if you’re a budding musician that wants to share their music with the community, just tweet @LittleBigPlanet with a link to your music gallery and you may just find yourself being featured in LittleBigPlanet 2 or LittleBigPlanet PS Vita on Tunesday!

Team Picks

Sackboy gets powered up in Super Little Big Planet on LittleBigPlanet 2, which sees him being blessed with a whole range of new abilities that includes double jumping, wall-jumping, sprinting and more! Meanwhile over on LittleBigPlanet PS Vita, we also have a daring adventure and a fast-paced racer for you to check out. Sackboy is certainly a fearless little chap!

Super Little Big Planet by pino-cchio

You can find these levels and oh so much more in the latest LittleBigPlanet 2: Team Picks!

Vita Picks

Steel Racer by menaguro

LittleBigPlanet Update 6-24-2013LittleBigPlanet Update 6-24-2013

LittleBig Bank Bust! by rtoodee2

LittleBigPlanet Update 6-24-2013LittleBigPlanet Update 6-24-2013

You can have these levels ready to play by heading over to LBP.me Vita and queuing up the new LittleBigPlanet PS Vita: Team Picks!

We always love to see exciting new LittleBigPlanet levels, so if you have any great levels to share with the community or some stunning videos that show off your favorite levels and creations, then be sure to tweet them to us @LittleBigPlanet.

Come And Visit Us

LittleBigPlanet.com
Forums
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube

LittleBigPlanet Update 6-24-2013

+ NinjaMicWZ on June 24th, 2013 at 10:33 am said:

LBP is the greatest <3

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on June 24th, 2013 at 10:56 am said:

You took the words right out of my mouth!

+ DIGGY305 on June 24th, 2013 at 10:34 am said:

What’s up, doc?. Any word on some Looney Tunes Costumes? lol :)
BTW Loving the little BIG sale.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on June 24th, 2013 at 10:55 am said:

Oh yeah? What are your favourite items on the sale? :)

+ HE1SENBERG on June 24th, 2013 at 10:49 am said:

I think I recall reading that the Little Big Sale was ongoing through to the 2nd. Will there be new deals added this week?

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on June 24th, 2013 at 10:54 am said:

That’s correct, the sale will run until July 2nd. :)
    The deals will remain the same until that date.

+ Aeolus426 on June 24th, 2013 at 11:14 am said:

Enough LBP I’m so board with this series. can’t complete LBP2 because i dont have PSMove or a PSVita. searching for levels is a pain it would be better if it had the same filters as LBPKarting. Speaking of, LBPKarting sucks. it’s advertised as a 4 player split screen but i can only do that on the story levels. i can’t even invite people to join my party because every time i jump into a level it kicks my friends out. i also do not enjoy finding a track racing it and having to start my search all over again not to mention every time i search it always puts the MM picks first no matter what, yeah that would be great if i wanted to race the same track over and over and over. just let LBP die already.

+ Mercenary09 on June 24th, 2013 at 11:22 am said:

When is the US getting The Last of Us costumes?

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on June 24th, 2013 at 2:53 pm said:

We will be releasing The Last of Us Costumes across all regions later in the year.
    Don’t have an exact date just yet but it shouldn’t be the longest of waits. :)

+ DIGGY305 on June 24th, 2013 at 12:51 pm said:

The Level Kits are my favs, Steven.
@3 I think they should have a Toy Story Sale seeing as the will be no longer available next month

+ TJF588 on June 24th, 2013 at 1:02 pm said:

At least the Toy Story Level Kit is in the sales, and considering them all, that’s good enough for me. After all, how appropriate is four hand-sized aliens using grappling claaaws?

Still wish we didn’t have to worry about content being brought down. Learned about The Incredibles being brought down the week after it happened, but managed to get the Edna, Frozone, and retro Mr. via various Cross-Buys during the LBPK Cross-Buy launches. If Syndrome had surfaced, too…

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on June 24th, 2013 at 2:58 pm said:

These two packs truly are the exception, outside of any obvious time-limited DLC such as seasonal content and Rare T-Shirts.

I wish that I could say that it won’t happen again but that’s all too bold a claim to make
    All I will say is that we certainly don’t plan to remove anymore content from the store and if any content is ever going to be removed, we will give everyone as much warning as we possibly can. :)

We certainly don’t like to push people to purchase content in such a way, so at least this time around you have a month’s time to decide if you want to pick up the content or not.

+ JimmyHACK on June 24th, 2013 at 1:04 pm said:

Any idea when the Joel and Ellie costumes are coming?

+ TJF588 on June 24th, 2013 at 1:05 pm said:

Oh, and my sister and I played some LBPK last night, and while the handling is all over the place, and the game crashed once and stuttered bad during a race (Sony, add a feature to check our game downloads against your severs, and please just have us download the patched game instead of waiting longer to play), but the music was consistently great. “I want to listen to these on my iDevice” great, even.

+ DarqueDragon on June 24th, 2013 at 1:22 pm said:

I actually played that Super LittleBigPlanet level the other day. Very fun. It was a nice mix of LBP and Mario-style gameplay, and very well put together. The only thing that would have made it better was fireballs! :p

Kinda disappointed with the sale, honestly. Was hoping some of the $6 level packs would be on sale so I could pick some of them up. Any idea if this might happen soon?

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on June 24th, 2013 at 3:03 pm said:

There’s a whole bunch of level packs in the sale…

– The Muppets Premium Level Kit
    – Marvel Level Kit
    – Pirates of the Caribbean Premium Level Kit
    – Toy Story Level Kit
    – LittleBigPlanet 2: Cross-Controller Pack
    – Monsters Gallery Level
    – History Gallery Level

Plenty of new adventures for Sackboy in those packs! :)

+ Elvick_ on June 24th, 2013 at 1:33 pm said:

@4: So don’t play anymore. Magic.

+ Gamerzlimited on June 24th, 2013 at 2:59 pm said:

So I’m guessing you answering our questions is a first come, first serve thing. This question was from last week and I’ll ask it again. Will the Garfield and Odie costumes will be available for LittleBigPlanet Karting anytime soon?

Oh, who am I kidding? I should just buy them anyway because when they eventually become available, it will be free because I already bought them. Right?

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on June 24th, 2013 at 3:08 pm said:

Normally I’ll answer questions for a few hours after this blog post is released and then follow up in the morning.

Fun Fact: I’m from England and it’s just gone 11PM here! I love answering community questions but at some point, I’ve got to call it a day. :)

If you want to try catching me off the PlayStation Blog, you can also find me on the forums at http://www.littlebigplanet.com/forums

As for the Garfield and Odie Costume Pack, we’re currently looking into a number of missing items for LittleBigPlanet Karting specifically and should hopefully have these items available for download soon. :)

+ Butters360 on June 24th, 2013 at 3:24 pm said:

She looks like a mini Maria Sharapova!

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on June 25th, 2013 at 2:24 am said:

She’s certainly got the great tennis skills to match! :)

+ boomstickbhg on June 24th, 2013 at 3:34 pm said:

Any chance of a future sale for all the other 6 dollar packs?

I would love to get some things like the Mass Effect or FF7 packs, but with the quality and quantity of costumes included I can’t see paying so much.

Just like I waited for this sale to grab a some marvel costumes, level kit, muppet kit, etc…

I love LBP, I have karting, LBP 2 and LBP Vita, I just hope some of my favourite series also get sales in the future :)

+ crashbfan23 on June 24th, 2013 at 3:42 pm said:

Can’t wait for the block feature! ^_^ I totally prefer that to a cool page fix! -_-

+ idn86i on June 24th, 2013 at 5:43 pm said:

My favorite costume for the sale would have to be Journey! That costume is adorable!

+ ToFeY on June 24th, 2013 at 6:10 pm said:

LBP should really have some harry potter costumes ;P

+ Gamerzlimited on June 24th, 2013 at 7:00 pm said:

@4 You want LBP to die, doesn’t mean everyone else does. People like you are the reason why games are dying. We’re lucky to see the LBP franchise has been getting support for years now. Some games that had support are dead after a few months has passed. I’m so pissed that Santa Monica Studios abandoned PS All-Stars. They will not get anymore money from me anymore, but the guys who made LBP will continue to get money from me because they are awesome. I’m glad that they continued support for this long so we would be able to grab exclusive costumes for particular holidays on the next year. If they stopped, we would not be able to grab them and it will be all your fault. Shame on you.

Also, thanks for the reply Steven. I’ll be sure to visit the forums in case I need a question to be answered. I also will buy the Garfield and Odie costumes plus a few more once the PSN updates since the deals won’t change.

+ oversevethousand on June 24th, 2013 at 7:13 pm said:

Soul Sackrifice? Yes? No? Maybe?

In any case, looking forward to all the new content! Do the level kits include actual, playable levels, or are they just construction parts to make levels?

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on June 25th, 2013 at 2:23 am said:

The list that I posted above all include playable levels. :)

+ Biggz124 on June 24th, 2013 at 7:53 pm said:

Hey look, the return of Grace Chen Time.. with the store updates.

Look I’m gonna make it clear I don’t want this kinda of thing happening on PS4.

I want my psn store stuff up on Midnight Tuesday ( or Midnight Monday.. because you thought my Tuesday wasn’t precious enough)

Have a good evening.

+ WhiteWolfKogan on June 24th, 2013 at 8:36 pm said:

i would join in but my ps3 has been bricked by that last update…. still waiting for that box sony lol

+ cleversignin on June 24th, 2013 at 10:17 pm said:

@20
Dear D-bag,
they are updating a day early. stop crying. the gamer community is such a whiny, entitled group of losers I am ashamed to be a part of it. seriously, you’re pathetic.

+ letherclad on June 25th, 2013 at 5:31 am said:

Any news on releasing the costumes for Joel and Ellie that I saw were included in the european collector’s edition of The Last of Us?

+ Metalsonic_69 on June 25th, 2013 at 8:56 am said:

Option to turn off gyroscope head controls in LBP Vita pl0x

+ uncharted965 on June 25th, 2013 at 1:51 pm said:

LBP is the best ! But as a LBP fanatic, and a trophy hunter I really don’t apreciate this little glitch I have experienced. I have 99% trophies in LBP and can’t get only 1 DLC trophy. I’ve done what was required but it won’t give me the trophy. Help me? (I appologise for reporting a gitch over here, but I feel like it wil be better recognised over here)

+ GALEAS1 on July 15th, 2013 at 12:11 pm said:

Any news on when Marvel Heroes Pack will be available to play on Little Big Planet Karting? Love those costumes in LBP2 and can;t wait to use them on LBPK! Love Little Big Planet! Thank you!