Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Jun 24

Jun 24

PlayStation Plus: Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward Free for Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

It’s been quite a month for PlayStation Plus members. As we look back at the eight(!) games that were announced to arrive free for members in June, we’ve delivered seven of them including XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception, and more.

This week, we’re happy to tie a bow on June and bring you Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward on PS Vita, free for PS Plus members. We’ve got some discounts for you as well, including one on PS3: new release Pool Nation. Check out the full story below, and let us know what you think in the comments.

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

June 25th PlayStation Plus Update

Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward (PS Vita)

PSN Price: $34.99, Free for PS Plus members

Zero Escape Virtues Last Reward
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward is a suspense-driven visual novel/puzzle game and spiritual sequel to the hit, 999. Zero has kidnapped nine people and placed them in a warehouse to play the deadly Nonary Game. These seemingly nine strangers have bracelets that will kill them if they don’t play the game correctly. However, how can they trust each other, and do some have ulterior motives? Play as Sigma and decide who to trust and who to betray in this plot twisting visual novel! Who is Zero, why has Sigma been brought here and who exactly are the others? With fully voiced dual language support, mind-bending puzzles and more, solve the mystery that is Zero!
Creat Studios Summer Survival Pack (PS3)

20% Discount – PSN Price: $19.99, $15.99 for PS Plus members

Labyrinth Legends
Beat the heat and stay cool this season with the Creat Studios Summer Survival Pack! The pack is loaded with 7 of Creat Studio’s most popular PlayStation Network exclusive titles for one limited-time, very low price! Games included: Mushroom Wars + Premium Pack DLC, Germinator, Labyrinth Legends, Digger HD, Pinballistik, Test Yourself, Psych Yourself. This is offer will be available for 2 weeks.
Fat Princess Sale (PS3 and PSP)

Fat Princess (PS3) – 50% Discount – PSN Price: $7.49, $3.75 for PS Plus members
Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake (PSP) – 50% Discount – PSN Price: $7.49, $3.75 for PS Plus members

Fat Princess
Rescue your beloved princess through teamwork in this comic medieval battle royale. There’s a catch, though—the other team has been feeding her magical cake, making her harder to escort back to your castle. Charge head first into battle, heal teammates as they break through enemy lines, and upgrade your team and the castle defenses as you work with your team to save your princess.
Escape Plan (PS Vita)

50% Discount – PSN Price: $7.49, $3.75 for PS Plus members

Escape Plan
Escape Plan takes advantage of the PlayStation®Vita system’s multi-touch display, rear touch panel, swipe interfaces and motion sensor, putting the fate of Lil & Laarg in the palm of your hand. Players can swipe, tap, poke, squeeze and slap our hapless heroes and interact with the unique and twisted puzzles of each room. Only you can help them survive before their captor and nemesis, Bakuki, recycles them and turns them into his minions. Swipe as if your life depended on it in this exclusive survival-humor game for the PS Vita system.
Pool Nation (PS3)

40% Discount – PSN Price: $8.49, $5.09 for PS Plus members

Pool Nation
Pool Nation is the ultimate pool game – featuring stunning graphics, 11 addictive game modes including adrenaline pumping Endurance, the extensive tour, and 7 exciting online modes, and new Speed Pool Online! In Pool Nation gameplay is king, the ease of control means you can pull off trick shots you wouldn’t dream of in the real world and then parade them to your friends via YouTube! You can customize your game with balls, cues and table decals.
Hydrophobia: Prophecy (PS3)

80% Discount – PSN Price: $2.99, $0.60 for PS Plus members

Hydrophobia
Hydrophobia: Prophecy is the ultimate version of this jaw-dropping action-adventure set onboard a floating city, where terrorists take control and heroine Kate has to fight back using all her skills and expertise as a systems engineer.

Last Chance (Leaving on 7/2)

Instant Game Collection
Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Discounts
Let’s Fish! Hooked On

You’ll find all the content detailed above with their Plus benefits active when this week’s PlayStation Store update hits. We’ll be back next week with the month outlook for July as well.

If you’ve got feedback or thoughts on today’s Plus update, leave them below, or, if you’re looking to engage with more of the PS community, make sure you head over to the PlayStation Community to discuss this week’s news more, find other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 6-24-2013

Add Your Own

madmexican said:

June 24th, 9:40 am

Deals like this made me get a VITA I was never planning on purchasing. So glad I did! It is such an underrated portable. Plus and Vita are a win – win situation. Keep the good games coming Morgan.

ItaChu said:

June 24th, 9:41 am

no monterossa that would be Amy ….. lol Hydro could be 2nd place XD

EvyatarAtarEvyat said:

June 24th, 9:43 am

There are a lot of members who want PSP games and a lot that don’t, so why not do like Asia’s ps plus and
give us two vita games a month + a psp game, that way every one is happy.
PS3 users get 3 games a month why cant vita users get 3 games?

XXGAMEBOSS702XX said:

June 24th, 9:48 am

Not interested in the offerings but I can’t wait til July.

xClayMeow said:

June 24th, 9:50 am

Escape Plan is tempting. Is the DLC on sale too?

The Creat Studios Pack is awesome for anyone without those games. I just wish Labyrinth Legends came to Vita!

In regards to Hydrophobia, I have not played the PS3 version, but the game was pretty neat on PC.

Briere said:

June 24th, 9:50 am

WE WONT BATTLEFIELD 3 LIKE EU PS+ members!!!!! :)

Briere said:

June 24th, 9:51 am

*WANT :)

TheMystroSpeaks said:

June 24th, 9:56 am

New to PS Plus (like 2 days ago new) and I’m loving it so far!! Best money I’ve spent in a while!

Dijitaal2012 said:

June 24th, 9:57 am

Wait. What happened to Orc Attack? I was really looking forward to that game. Bummer…

trum3n1 said:

June 24th, 9:57 am

You want BF3? Sure. You’ll get Machinarium.

dodgedoors said:

June 24th, 10:03 am

Great month/year of plus Morgan. Looking forward to July being great as well.

Satnamji said:

June 24th, 10:03 am

@50: I bought Hydrophobia Prophecy a while ago for like $3 and was very disappointed. The game was quite glitchy and the main character doesn’t even acquire the best and most unique ability until the last level before the final boss, by which time it’s almost impossible to master it for the ability to be of any real use. I can’t believe I’m saying this about any game, but I don’t think it’s even worth $0.60.

Definitely a good week for Vita, though. With my PS3 console bricked by 4.45, I would’ve actually bought a Vita this weekend, except I couldn’t find any decent bundle deals. :(

lisatsunami said:

June 24th, 10:03 am

I’ve been waiting on this post, Morgan, as this is the one Vita game that I was interested in but don’t already have. Thank you.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

June 24th, 11:01 am

Glad you’ll have a chance to check it out. I’ve heard good things about it myself, but hadn’t been able to get to it. Looking forward to it

Epinephrine123 said:

June 24th, 10:14 am

Since I always see people making request for games on here, could we maybe get a sports game? I suggest NHL 13, Stanley Cup games are going on so I’m sure people wouldn’t mind trying it out.

viceforce said:

June 24th, 10:15 am

If it’s free for plus you mean we already had NFL Blitz

viceforce said:

June 24th, 10:15 am

oh and NBA Jam: On Fire Edition and the Full Game of Shift 2 Unleased

JeffsonP_US said:

June 24th, 10:17 am

@morgan (@38 reply): Like Orc Attack? =P

userchris296 said:

June 24th, 10:18 am

I’m kinda disappointed for fat princess fistful of cake psp game still not be playable for ps vita, but i was really hoping, praying to god for that game to be finally playable on the ps vita. However, i’m still missing metal gear solid portable ops and portable ops+ to be playable on the ps vita in the future.

thebgj said:

June 24th, 10:24 am

@ Monterossa

I agree Hydrophobia was a horrible game. I got it free months ago with PS+ and played it for once and deleted it. But for 60 cents maybe someone who didnt get it free might like it. I also played it with the move, i believe it has move support. Keep up the discounts PS+

Papoguard said:

June 24th, 10:37 am

Hi Morgan thanks for the update. Also, I dont know if its possible but I think it would be really cool if PS Plus could give like a free movie once a month or something. I would really like that and so would some of my friends. Lastly, if you know if would be possible to make The legend of the dragoon and Valkyria Chronicles 2 available on ps vita and not just psp.
Thanks.

Dark04Saturn said:

June 24th, 10:39 am

Nice, Zero Escape is the reason I bought a Vita system. And even though they are giving it for free this week, I have no regrets to have payed for it a few months ago, the game is awesome, cant wait for the sequel.

Awe_some1-2-3 said:

June 24th, 10:41 am

HEY wheres the drop for ps3

SilentShadowX2 said:

June 24th, 10:47 am

Good update

BarryBallache said:

June 24th, 10:59 am

I joined PS plus this month and dont seem to be able to get Infamous 2 or Deus Ex: Human Revolution for free in the instant game collection. Is there a reason for this that escapes me?

Ryumoau said:

June 24th, 10:59 am

The sales are pretty lame but i’m excited to try Zero Escape for free.

KidCommando said:

June 24th, 11:01 am

Looking forward to fixing my ‘bricked’ PS3 on the 27th!!

I hope all my downloads and data will be recovered. Don’t even want to think about how long it would take to re-download everything from that slow PSN store.

Ryumoau said:

June 24th, 11:03 am

Also, thanks for given us an early store update instead of delaying it till wednesday because of the maintenance tomorrow. :)

QueenB82 said:

June 24th, 11:09 am

OMFG….TELL ME YOU’RE NOT SH***IN’! Zero Escape FREE?!

Do you know how long I’ve been waiting to catch getting this game on sale?? Probably one of my most wanted vita games, loved 999 so much on my DS. I couldn’t care less what else comes out tomorrow, this, in itself, has made my psn update week! Keep doing the damn thang, Sony! ^_^

Twilightknight69 said:

June 24th, 11:15 am

Hope to play some of these after 4.45 issue fix, might even buy more after i look into the store. PS3 withdraw….Not fun, not fun at all.

BarryBallache said:

June 24th, 11:16 am

That link shows Deus Ex as free. But in the store on my PS3 it isnt. It also doesnt show up in the “instant game collection” list. For me its an £11.99 purchase and is an “essentials” game. I have ended up sourcing a cheap copy from Ebay because I became so interested in it and then couldnt actually get it through PS Plus.

I wondered if its because I joined AFTER deus ex was added to the PS Plus list? So maybe it hasnt registered as being free for me?

On the subject of PS plus, it would be nice to know how much the Drive Club “upgrade” is going to cost for PS Plus members. It sounded like we would have the full game available to us which was part of why I decided to join PS plus now instead of just waiting. Now we know thats not the case, I’d like to know how much we will save for being PS Plus members?

HippeusOmega said:

June 24th, 11:20 am

Will the maintenace effect the ability to play PS+ titles tomorrow?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

June 24th, 1:39 pm

No, only your ability to download them from the PS Store.

Miketheking75 said:

June 24th, 11:23 am

When are we going to get a promotion, like buy a year of ps+ and 3 months free, or spend $50 and $10 back, my subscription ends middle of July.

PrinceofXIII said:

June 24th, 11:26 am

i prefer a physical copy, but its all good ^^

SuperTiso said:

June 24th, 11:26 am

As odd of a request, could Sony look into changing how the PS PLUS service works as far the Instant Game Collection is concerned? As silly as it sounds I want to actually “own” my digital copies without the rental service. However, the the service doesn’t allow a user to simply purchase the game’s license. For example, I got Hydrophobia for free months ago, but for $0.60 I would love to 100% own it. I hope this is looked into for PS4 because I’m not renewing my subscription in August over this inconvenient matter just so I can purchase my free titles.

DJ_Tomato said:

June 24th, 11:26 am

Morgan will this update include PSM store?

I really wish to buy Cytus today ;_;

PainOfSarrow said:

June 24th, 11:29 am

Monterossa, its worth 60 cents. not the best game but FAR from the worst. i enjoyd it for what its worth.

BlueBl1zzard said:

June 24th, 11:37 am

@Morgan thanks for the reply!

@SuperTiso (#84) You’re not alone, I along with some others have also wanted to be able to do that for some time now.

AizawaYuuichi said:

June 24th, 11:39 am

@ BarryBallache: Yes, the link shows it as free. So login to the store on that link and “purchase” the game from the web store, rather than trying to do it from your PS3. Then you can go to your Download List from the main XMB menu and start the download from there. I try to do all my purchases this way, so I can avoid the buggy as heck PS3 PSN store. The web store may not be a whole lot faster, but at least I don’t have to worry about it freezing my PC or hanging up and making me close my browser.

@ Briere: People like you need to stop saying “WE” “”WONT”” (*want) anything in PS+. I most specifically DO NOT want BF3 in PS+. If I had wanted that game, I would have bought it already. Especially with how cheap it is now. As a basic rule, the vast majority of games that EU PS+ gets, I have very little to no interest in. The only way PS+ can introduce me to titles I might like and haven’t tried is if they give me lesser-known titles. If you want a game in PS+, say “YOU” want it, not “WE” or “US”. Speak for yourself, and let the rest of us speak for the rest of us.

Squiggle55 said:

June 24th, 11:43 am

@BarryBallache Based on your use of the british pound sign for your prices, my assumption is you are a member of the UK PS+, not the US.

xxnickixx said:

June 24th, 11:51 am

Awesome update and month overall! I’ve been wanting to play zero virtue’s for a long time. And hotline miami tomorrow! So many games on vita!
Morgan any chance we will get Tales of Graces F on the IGC since tales of xillia is coming out and the poll showed we want RPGs? :)

viceforce said:

June 24th, 11:55 am

@80 since you used the pound sign your a EU member I take it. You guys already had Dues EX a year ago so you wouldn’t have it again.

ADRENALIN_101 said:

13) L.A. Noire
14) Beyond Good and Evil HD
15) Dark Souls
16) Metal Gear Solid HD collection

shikigami78 said:

June 24th, 12:02 pm

hehe, i downloaded God Eaters yesterday and Virtue’s Last Reward is asking to be downloaded right about now. pretty cool. thanks.

shikigami78 said:

June 24th, 12:03 pm

i tried the demo once and it made no sense(felt like one of those escape games) i hope the full games feels better

lisatsunami said:

June 24th, 12:11 pm

@squiggle & viceforce, I’m going to have to rethink my opinion that people on this blog don’t or can’t read, since 2 of you caught that tiny pound sign. So at the least/most, 2 of you do/can read. Although I have my doubts about BarryBallache.

I have written the workaround for buying free or discounted Plus games several times on this blog in the past but I quit doing it because it wasn’t doing any good. Just a tiny bit of brain use should enable anybody to figure out the solution.

JeanLucAwesome said:

June 24th, 12:14 pm

Awesome update, I’ve been wanting this game. Gotta finish 999 first but I’ll be sure to download this and have it ready to go.

snakeman07 said:

June 24th, 12:23 pm

Yay! I’m finally going to buy Escape Plan :) And Virtue’s Last Reward for free :) Time to solve some puzzles!

Rezolution77 said:

June 24th, 12:27 pm

Vita was having problems logging in.

Alright!!!
Escape Plan is a definite, and Fat Princess (even the PSP) will get a browse and is a definite possibility.

As for Virtue’s Last Reward, the only thing that looked good about that game so far, has been the name.

Keep up the sales though!!!

Too bad about the Gamestop promo being changed and only lasting until the 2nd instead of the 20th. Fortunately Best Buy had one until the 22nd, so one more year of Plus Membership ;)
-Now, if I can keep connected, without being forced into another hole.-

TJF588 said:

June 24th, 12:34 pm

Dammit, guys, what does it take for this to click:

SEPARATELY. INCLUDE. ADD-ONS. IN. SALES.

/Particularly/ add-ons that add true gameplay (as opposed to vanity items or extra weapons/currency), as is the case with Fat Princess’s one (1) add-on. C’mon, now.

stalemate666 said:

June 24th, 12:54 pm

Hydro phobia for 60 cents lol, they are really trying to get people to buy that game aren’t they. I played it when it was free for psn+ it had a lot of good ideas but it just wasn’t polished or refined enough, and it went downhill once the shooting mechanics were introduced, honestly they should of just skipped them and gave you water powers and environment tools instead.

I hope we get something that isn’t a shooter or a fighter next month, something like alice madness returns, Twisted Metal, Catherine or ICO collection