PS3-TLOU Left Behind

PSN Maintenance Scheduled for Tuesday, June 25th

Paul Sullivan's Avatar + Posted by Paul Sullivan on Jun 24, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Thanks again for your huge support during E3 this year. If you missed any of the great trailers from the show, check out our wrap up post.

In order to continue bringing you the best online games experience on PSN, we will perform routine maintenance beginning the morning of Tuesday, June 25th. This maintenance will start at approximately 9:30AM PT (10:30AM MT / 11:30AM CT / 12:30 PM ET) and will last until around 4:00PM PT (5:00PM MT / 6:00PM CT / 7:00PM ET). During the maintenance period, you may receive a maintenance notification when attempting to access PSN.

The PlayStation Store, PlayStation Home and Account Management will not be available during the maintenance period but you will be able to access online play and apps provided that you have signed in to the Network at some point between now and the time of the maintenance. So please be sure to sign in now if you wish to access PSN during Tuesday’s maintenance window.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your support.

+ greatone417 on June 24th, 2013 at 6:21 pm said:

found confirmation from gearbox that borderlands 2 dlc will be out tonite:]

+ reynolds-wrap1 on June 24th, 2013 at 6:40 pm said:

Thanks for the hard work guys! Hope you fix most if not all the problems people have been facing with the PSN! Also, thanks for updating tonight instead of after the maintenance though my downloads take about 12 hours lol. Keep up the good work and I feel sorry for all of the complainers you guys deal with.

+ AfroGamerNinja on June 24th, 2013 at 6:45 pm said:

Might as well wait until midnight until I get the new Soul Sacrifice DLC.

+ saab01 on June 24th, 2013 at 6:50 pm said:

I hope the store will update soon. If only every week the store could update Monday night so that it makes it available by Tuesday. This would be a great new trend and everyone will be happy instead of late updates every tuesday.

+ PrimeroIncognito on June 24th, 2013 at 7:02 pm said:

@ Darth-Krayt

I hear ya.

It wouldn’t be so bad if all these whiners were around 12 years old, but sadly, from all the time I’ve spent here over the years, I’ve learned that the biggest whiners/complainers/trolls around here are actually adults in their 20s, 30s, and sometimes even older…

Simply imagining how these brats were raised makes my soul ache. I don’t know what the hell went wrong. It’s quite embarrassing. Makes me feel ashamed to be human.

+ xLayer_Cake on June 24th, 2013 at 7:08 pm said:

Man people will complain about anything. Paul I know you can’t blast any rude children as they are your customers but please accept my apology on their behalf. It seems more and more lately people don’t even think before they type.

In either case thank you and those responsible for getting the update out a night early. It’s 8:00pm here and still no update but it feels like an early Christmas present that I’ll be playing Hotline Miami tonight instead of tomorrow evening.

Thanks again!

+ styroteqe on June 24th, 2013 at 7:20 pm said:

Afro, is there a new Soul Sac DLC pack dropping tonight? That’s exciting :D

+ AfroGamerNinja on June 24th, 2013 at 7:22 pm said:

@styroteqe: The Wraith and Ouroboros archfiends will be available tonight along with the Angelus black rite, yeah.

+ k0wb0y-b33b0p on June 24th, 2013 at 7:31 pm said:

Thanks for the early update…oh wait it’s 10:35pm ET and still not up. I guess I should still be thankful and not complain. Bunch of morons.

+ Edwerd on June 24th, 2013 at 7:31 pm said:

Thanks Paul + Team!

+ bozamr30 on June 24th, 2013 at 7:35 pm said:

What time can we expect to see the Tiny Tina DLC to show up and be available for download since ps store will be down tomorrow? Saw it was to be released tonight, 6/24/13, and it is not even showing up yet. If you could get us an actual time, that would be very nice. Thank you.

+ PrimeroIncognito on June 24th, 2013 at 7:45 pm said:

@ kowboy blah blah blah

Yes, you should be grateful. You’re alive, you have food in your belly, and you have video games to play.

The update may not be here yet, but it will be eventually, and when it does arrive, it will be earlier than it’s usual time.

So, shut the @#$% up.

Thanks for reading.

+ chavafx on June 24th, 2013 at 7:53 pm said:

ok i been waiting for the store up date whats going on can you guys tell us at what time is this update coming?? this is crazy (i can’t wait for magic 2014)

+ magooser on June 24th, 2013 at 8:17 pm said:

Still waiting for this “early” update. Is it really that hard to give us a time window? It’s 11:16 in the east coast and here I am awake waiting like a mindless drone.

+ PERFECT-SHOOTER on June 24th, 2013 at 8:23 pm said:

in 40 min it will be Tuesday here in the east part of usa. im waiting and waiting for the store to update so I can download magic 2014 ive been waiting a year for the game and its killing me COME ON GUYS HURRY PLEASE

+ Coraje187 on June 24th, 2013 at 8:27 pm said:

Hopefully they will get it updated. Half hour till 12 here.

+ mbrown3 on June 24th, 2013 at 8:27 pm said:

Still no update? I thought it was supposed to be today, because of the maintenance tomorrow? Guess not. Sounds like…Sony.

+ chavafx on June 24th, 2013 at 8:33 pm said:

really omg with the wait .. if im force to pay online next gen (ps4) ill better not be this clunky like the ps3 psn vs x360 xbla

+ PHISHMANIAC on June 24th, 2013 at 8:33 pm said:

@111 prime is just being an @sshole as usual. He is always giving people sh$$ about trying to hold SCEA to what they say they are going to do. Hey prime how about doing us all a favor and take your own advice and shut the @#$% up.

+ PERFECT-SHOOTER on June 24th, 2013 at 8:45 pm said:

im really not trying to give you guys hell like everybody else here but ive been waiting a hole full year for magic 2014 im crazy about the game. so im going to need you guys to put a move on it. its now 20 minutes till 12pm so it will be Tuesday anyway in the east past of usa soon

+ PrimeroIncognito on June 24th, 2013 at 8:48 pm said:

@ PHISHMANIAC

Hey, long time no see, buddy!

I thought you had gone underground since I last destroyed you… over a year ago, was it? Man, time flies, I tell ya. But I guess I was wrong in thinking you had undergone some emotional maturation during the time you were away from the blog. I suppose when I mentioned that bit about the 30-somethings acting worse than children it really struck a nerve, eh?

See folks, this guy, “PHISHMANIAC” is one of those “adults” I was talking about. Old enough to be some of these kids’ father, yet behaves even more childish than them. You should have seen some of his ridiculous rants in the past… woooo! Way off the page, for real. I thought he was about 10 or 11 until he admitted he was like, 30-something. Yikes.

Thanks for finally coming out of your hiding place, bro! You provided me with a great example of exactly what I was talking about. Perfect timing! :)

+ chavafx on June 24th, 2013 at 8:48 pm said:

release the craken (magic2014)

+ Yoda91192 on June 24th, 2013 at 8:51 pm said:

Lmfao xD Vintage Sony…. you can’t even do an early update right! In a world that’s sooner or later going all digital, I’d love to see how you’re going to be able to stay in the race…

+ TONX on June 24th, 2013 at 8:53 pm said:

I really hope SCEA gets their act together for these updates when the PS4 arrives. Stand by your word. Waiting till the last possible second to update doesn’t make you look good. I compare the way you guys push your updates like a college kid who procrastinates until the very last second to finish his paper.

+ PrimeroIncognito on June 24th, 2013 at 8:56 pm said:

By the way, “hold SCEA” to what, exactly?

Morgan already stated that the update would be later tonight, but didn’t know exactly when. And we already know SCEA operates on Pacific Time, ’cause, you know, it’s all about the Westside, foo. East coast time doesn’t matter around here. :)

So, what’s the problem? Are you just trying to fabricate “issues” against Sony again? Get real, son. We normally don’t get updates until tomorrow anyway. Whenever this update goes live, it will still be an early update, technically, according to the industry standard. There shouldn’t be any complaints, period.

+ chavafx on June 24th, 2013 at 8:57 pm said:

man i really hate when they do this is nearly 12 am 25th
they post this news at 8 am and still no update great sony you prove again that you have no clue how to do code /updates properly

+ PrimeroIncognito on June 24th, 2013 at 9:02 pm said:

@ chavafx

Relax, holmes. It’s on the way.

+ PHISHMANIAC on June 24th, 2013 at 9:03 pm said:

Im 23 but that really doesn’t matter. Your just a golem who has nothing better to do than sit and watch blogs and down people for speaking their minds. I bet your one of the moronic sheep who voted for Obama huh? It’s people like you who are ruining this country. Everyone has a right to say what they want, even you… But the thing is I don’t care what you or anyone else has to say about me. You obviously do though since I hit a nerve of truth about you ehh? Soooo like I said just take your own advice and shut the @#$& up

+ Startyde on June 24th, 2013 at 9:14 pm said:

SCEA, been a loyal enthusiast of yours for 15 years, never deviating, but this generation you’ve really screwed up your store. There is completely no consistency with your updates. You trump your competitors in nearly ever category but this.

If you say an update will come on a certain day, but don’t honestly believe it will be the case, kindly put a disclaimer saying (excluding EST, CST, MST etc etc). Nothing is more painful then working a long day and then sitting up past midnight for an update, ONLY BECAUSE we were repeatedly told it was coming.

You either want us to take you at your word, or you don’t. I don’t understand the middle ground here.

+ PrimeroIncognito on June 24th, 2013 at 9:15 pm said:

@ PHISHMANIAC

“I’m 23″

Then you lied. I distinctly remember you claiming to be much older. Remember all those zany PMs you sent me? I thought you were posting from an insane asylum. Hee hee…

“Your just a golem who has nothing better to do than sit and watch blogs and down people for speaking their minds.”

Umm… no. I’m trying to knock some sense into people’s heads. Not that it’s working, but hey, at least I tried. But what are you doing now, to me? Not the same thing? Oops.

“I bet your one of the moronic sheep who voted for Obama”

Nope. I don’t vote, period. Politics ain’t my thing.

So, you’re wrong, as usual. Try again, maybe?

+ Coraje187 on June 24th, 2013 at 9:15 pm said:

Still nothing and its the 25th almost 12:30 am. I don’t mind waiting just don’t like the way they say 24th and then don’t. They should really have set times so the problem is solved.

+ JZsweep on June 24th, 2013 at 9:19 pm said:

I got some of the update just now but not all of it

+ Startyde on June 24th, 2013 at 9:21 pm said:

@PrimeroIncognito:

This has nothing to do with anything but wholly damn, your Pinball Arcade skills are incredible. Wizard Ripley? That’s just dope.

+ PrimeroIncognito on June 24th, 2013 at 9:21 pm said:

Still 2 hours and 40 minutes left until Tuesday on the Westside, yo.

+ DarkStar83x on June 24th, 2013 at 9:22 pm said:

I think it’s in the process of updating. Saw Hotline Miami!

+ JZsweep on June 24th, 2013 at 9:22 pm said:

got a little more but still cant find the Bl2 DLC

+ JZsweep on June 24th, 2013 at 9:23 pm said:

its updating now

+ ThisLifeIsPeachy on June 24th, 2013 at 9:26 pm said:

@ + JZsweep

search for borderlands 2, then go down to add ons and it will turn up, I started the download already =)

+ TwinDad on June 24th, 2013 at 9:28 pm said:

i don’t know when they will update either, however i wonder if streetdates have anything to do with the time they are going to publish on the 24th. I can only speculate that it should be before midnight pst or at least they should have said very early on the 25th.

+ PrimeroIncognito on June 24th, 2013 at 9:29 pm said:

@ Startyde

Well, there are people even better than me out there, but I have been playing pinball (real and virtual) for almost 25 years (I’m 33 now), but seriously, Ripley’s ain’t that hard, homey. I got Frog Frenzy AND Atlantis in the same game, actually.

But what I can’t get is the damn 3,000,000 points on Genie! Son of a @#$%#!!!

+ Coraje187 on June 24th, 2013 at 9:30 pm said:

Just got Hotline Miami and the Soul Sacrifice DLCs.

+ DarkStar83x on June 24th, 2013 at 9:30 pm said:

Wanted Muramasa Rebirth, but can’t find it. :(

+ Yoda91192 on June 24th, 2013 at 9:33 pm said:

Deadpool for $59.99 on the PS Store? Please tell me this is some damn joke? It’s $49.99 everywhere retail…..

+ PrimeroIncognito on June 24th, 2013 at 9:34 pm said:

Oh yeah, and I can’t get the Monster Bash Wizard trophy because one of the goals – collecting the “special” – is glitched. At least it was still glitched last time I checked. I don’t know if it’s fixed yet.

+ geneMag on June 24th, 2013 at 9:35 pm said:

DL’d Muramasa Rebirth and the Soul Sacrifice DLC just now.
Surprisingly my Vita didn’t lock up upon downloading… First time in a few weeks.

+ DarkStar83x on June 24th, 2013 at 9:36 pm said:

Never mind. Found Muramasa, but I don’t have enough money in my wallet or enough to get it. Damn! It’ll have to wait a few days.

+ Startyde on June 24th, 2013 at 9:46 pm said:

Oh man, Muramasa is out? I haven’t touched PS3 in two weeks because I’m addicted to Vita. 1st world problems, am I rite? Haha.

+ xLayer_Cake on June 24th, 2013 at 9:49 pm said:

well it’s 10:45pm over here and am currently downloading my hotline miami.
have fun QQ’ing at eachother about whose more “mature”….nerds.

+ DarkStar83x on June 24th, 2013 at 9:49 pm said:

If Muramasa isn’t your cup of tea, you can be a farmer! LOL

+ Gamerzlimited on June 24th, 2013 at 9:52 pm said:

So much drama, lol. But seriously, Deadpool on PSN is a joke. Like Yoda91192 said, it’s 49.99 at retail.