PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Motorbike Revs Up on PSN Today

Andres Martinez's Avatar + Posted by Andres Martinez on Jun 25, 2013 // Founder of baKno Games

Greetings PlayStation community! baKno (pronounced bä-kä-nō) Games is a small game development studio based in Florida and Motorbike marks our first home console release. We noticed that there wasn’t a game quite like Motorbike currently available on the PlayStation Network, so we took our love of extreme sports and stunt bikes and used it to bridge this gap.

As you might have gathered from the images, Motorbike is a 2.5D stunt bike trials game in which you use the controller to accelerate and balance while traversing ramps, hazards, and other obstacles. The game features 80 original tracks, thousands of online courses (yes, you read that right, thousands), and 40 exclusive tracks immediately available for download. Motorbike also includes an intuitive and easy-to-use Track Editor, which contains all the same tools we used to create the original levels.

Motorbike on PS3
Motorbike on PS3

Motorbike on PS3Motorbike on PS3

We’ve done our best to step it up for the PlayStation 3 release of Motorbike. In addition to 40-PS3 exclusive tracks, we’ve included a toolbox full of PS3-exclusive accessories, objects, hazards and doodads in the game’s Track Editor. Players can share their custom levels with other users online, for which we’ll be approving and adding downloadable user-created tracks daily! Each course undergoes an internal revision to make sure that it is fun and that players can complete the course from start to finish.

With 120 courses included in the game, thousands of user-created courses waiting to be downloaded, and a robust Track Editor, it’s clear that players will have more than enough to satisfy their adrenaline-fueled needs. The possibilities for course creation and variation in Motorbike are practically limitless, and we really can’t wait to see some of the insane courses and challenges that the PlayStation community is able to generate. In fact, we would like to challenge every Motorbike player out there to push one another in creating some of the most mind-numbingly awesome courses to date!

+ utterer on June 25th, 2013 at 8:39 am said:

Looks like Trials but not made by the people who did Trials.

+ utterer on June 25th, 2013 at 8:40 am said:

I would love to play it if my PS3 still wasn’t out of commission after last week’s bad firmware update and the two weeks it takes to fix the problem.

I did buy Hotline Miami though so that’s a positive on Vita.

+ BarryBallache on June 25th, 2013 at 8:55 am said:

Agreed, it looks like the warm up band before the big show (Trials Fusion) next year on PS4. Could be good fun though, trials is awesome so if its anything close (which urban trials WAS NOT) then it should be worth a play.

+ ChaseHammerJ on June 25th, 2013 at 9:13 am said:

With no demo, Im sorry but I dont see me spending the $15 for this game.

+ StingrayX on June 25th, 2013 at 9:23 am said:

2 words…Track Editor…sign me up! =D

Andres Martinez's Avatar

+ Andres Martinez on June 25th, 2013 at 10:49 am said:

Hi everyone. This is Andres from baKno Games. We are very excited that Motorbike is finally available on PS3.

Since its first release as a desktop game in 2011, Motorbike has grown to this standing thanks to a growing fan base, that has provided us with continuous feedback to improve the game.

It’s really the fans who have provided thousands of custom tracks, which make Motorbike an endless experience. We are very lucky to have them.

If you want to try Motorbike, you can download the trial version for Win, Mac or Linux from our website. I will be glad to answer your questions or comments on this blog, during launch day (June 25, 2013).

+ Zensk8er on June 25th, 2013 at 11:26 am said:

Please tell me it’s gonna be available on Vita..!!

Andres Martinez's Avatar

+ Andres Martinez on June 25th, 2013 at 5:43 pm said:

Yes Zensk8er, the current plan is to port Motorbike to Vita as well. The level of success of Motorbike on PS3 will determine a development effort on other platforms.

+ kmtburton on June 25th, 2013 at 11:44 am said:

Seen some PC gameplay on youtube looks like it has good physics. Well way better than Urban Trials and and a game like this without the track editor is pointless IMO. So if its $9.99 on psn as well ill probably be buying later. Also I would love a vita version as well.

+ PainOfSarrow on June 25th, 2013 at 11:52 am said:

Motorbike looks like it has a good amount of content to justify 15$. though i would prefer a 10$ price tag for that extra comfort. if it is 10 il buy it instantly, if its 15 il have to think about it but eather way i just may get this regardless. trials was fun but the tracks on here look crazyyy. luv the wild hazards and amount of tracks anddd a level editor is a huge plus. thats what i call replay value. the graphics dont look as good as trials hd to me but everything else looks like an instant purchase if the price is right.

+ PainOfSarrow on June 25th, 2013 at 11:57 am said:

i meant urban trial freestyle not trials hd, my mistake.

Andres Martinez's Avatar

+ Andres Martinez on June 25th, 2013 at 12:12 pm said:

+ Rezolution77 on June 25th, 2013 at 12:16 pm said:

Trials seemed good on Demo, and thought about picking it up during the sale, after trying the demo.

Thought it was slightly lacking though.

This could be why.

+ Rezolution77 on June 25th, 2013 at 12:19 pm said:

Then again , maybe not.

+ tusunami on June 25th, 2013 at 12:25 pm said:

Ah this looks like a title that I could get into!!!!!!!!

+ mJ_mSv on June 25th, 2013 at 12:46 pm said:

looks great, I hope you plan a norwegian/eu release aswell.. and ofcourse a vite version sounds great :)

Andres Martinez's Avatar

+ Andres Martinez on June 25th, 2013 at 5:45 pm said:

Motorbike is available in America region only at this time. But the plan is to release it in Europe region as well. The game already has a PEGI rating, just need to pass all the approvals within Sony Europe.

+ Espaunfromgel on June 25th, 2013 at 1:00 pm said:

I saw it, downloaded it… and now I LOVE IT! quite funny this Motorbike but you are right though: its hard to master indeed.

Once I managed to balance the rider the real challenge began with all those bold tracks, hehe some of them seems to be saying: I dare you. And I will.

Haven’t done any custom track (yet) on its editor but at first glimpse it is pretty straight forward so I’ll try it.

Now I have to go to work but this Motorbike already hooked me for a second round tonight. AGH! and I didn’t know there is also a desktop version, this could be dangerous for my “working hours” hehehe.

Mr. Andres Martinez: congratulations sir. Motorbike is simple, direct and funny. Really a cool break between soo many FPS (also great btw).

Motorbike Rocks!

+ The-Eddienator on June 25th, 2013 at 1:35 pm said:

is this only available in america?… because i cant seem to find it in the psn store in the U.K.

+ skells22 on June 25th, 2013 at 1:47 pm said:

@ not wednesday yet in UK, that why you not see it in EU store @17

Andres Martinez's Avatar

+ Andres Martinez on June 25th, 2013 at 1:50 pm said:

+ Bloodios on June 25th, 2013 at 1:51 pm said:

Is the game going to be running at a constant 60 frames per second? Responsive control feedback is highly essential in these sorts of games.

Andres Martinez's Avatar

+ Andres Martinez on June 25th, 2013 at 5:49 pm said:

Frame rate depends on the complexity of the track. A regular track runs smooth at 60FPS. Frame rate lowers when the amount of free (not locked) obstacles increases. This happens because the amount of physics calculations increases.

+ BarryBallache on June 25th, 2013 at 3:34 pm said:

How much is this game going to be? I’m a little curious to see how it compares to Trials EVO on xbox, but dont want to pay too much just to satisfy my curiosity.

Andres Martinez's Avatar

+ Andres Martinez on June 25th, 2013 at 5:50 pm said:

The game sells for $14.99

+ PainOfSarrow on June 25th, 2013 at 3:59 pm said:

BarryBallache, truee. a price would be nice. i believe every post should include one.

+ kmtburton on June 25th, 2013 at 4:26 pm said:

Stores up for me and its $15 guys.

+ PainOfSarrow on June 25th, 2013 at 4:44 pm said:

kmtburton damn 15$.. owell i might get it anyways. thanks for the info.

+ kmtburton on June 25th, 2013 at 4:57 pm said:

@25 Try the pcdemo it doesnt require much horsepower and lets you get an idea how it plays. Im getting it just not sure yet if i can today since its $15. PC versions less than $5 btw.

+ Espaunfromgel on June 25th, 2013 at 6:09 pm said:

Back from work. Playing Motorbike right now, once I got the controls mastered it became even funnier to play. Already passed the training levels with a record but I don’t know if this time is local or global (other players records).

Also, is it me or the female pilot is hot? The desert ladscape is my favorite so far.

I really think Motorbike Rocks.

Andres Martinez's Avatar

+ Andres Martinez on June 25th, 2013 at 8:57 pm said:

The time recorded as “BEST” and shown on your lower right corner while you play is your own best time (local). And when you finish a track without beating that local time, the game will show you the “ALL PLAYERS BEST” time (global). It seems confusing at first, but you get used to it pretty fast.

+ midnightshade on June 25th, 2013 at 8:15 pm said:

can’t wait… damn too many games this month…lol… I finished urban trials freestyle and loved that, but there was nothing to do after beating it and it didn’t have that many tracks. This seems to have more and a track editor (which I would of loved in urban, but this will be good too!).

+ Superstone on June 25th, 2013 at 8:51 pm said:

Vita!

+ kmtburton on June 25th, 2013 at 9:29 pm said:

Ok I bought it around 9 just quit after realizing id played for 3 hours. Absolutly worth the $15. Hope it does well so a vita version gets made. Any chance if you guys do make the vita version youd enable crossbuy? Also any chance we’ll get the ability to browse UGC insteaed of scroll through thousands?

Andres Martinez's Avatar

+ Andres Martinez on June 26th, 2013 at 5:58 am said:

Crossbuy is an interesting option to commercialize Motorbike for Vita, when it comes the opportunity we will consider it.

I agree that scrolling through thousands of tracks is not effective. One tip that may help you is to keep the Down or Up button pressed for a couple of seconds, then the scrolling will be automatic and you will be able to reach farther tracks faster.

+ DavidBallZ on June 26th, 2013 at 9:21 pm said:

Just wondering, is there a trophy list available? I was looking for a list all day and couldn’t find one.