PlayStation Music

Jun 25

Muramasa Rebirth Out Today on PS Vita

Frank Posted by Frank "Bo" DeWindt II on Jun 25, 2013 // Director of Production, Aksys Games

Muramasa Rebirth, the action-packed RPG by Vanillaware, the developer behind the critically acclaimed Muramasa: The Demon Blade, releases today! Enter a world where ancient Japan comes to life on PS Vita. Play as the possessed princess Momohime, or the fugitive ninja Kisuke as they travel throughout Japan in search of the Demon Blades – powerful blades that lust for the souls of the vanquished. Collect all 108 blades, and battle those who stand in your way.

Along with a standard edition retail release, Muramasa Rebirth is also available on PlayStation Network as well as a limited “Muramasa Rebirth: Blessing of Amitahba Collector’s Edition!”

Muramasa Rebirth on PS Vita

Muramasa Rebirth on PS VitaMuramasa Rebirth on PS Vita

In Muramasa Rebirth, Vanillaware re-imagines Muramasa onto the PS Vita system. The game’s beautiful, vibrant hand drawn art is stunningly enhanced by the PS Vita’s OLED screen. The gameplay has been updated to allow for easy gameplay and customization. Remap your controls to your liking and play with ease!

Muramasa Rebirth tells of two journeys: one made by Momohime and the other by Kisuke. Momohime has been possessed by the malevolent spirit, Jinkuro. Her soul travels with her possessed body unwillingly as Jinkuro uses her to accomplish his goals. Kisuke, a fugitive ninja on the run that has lost his memory, also finds his fate intertwined with the powerful demon blades as he comes across people from his past.

Muramasa Rebirth on PS Vita

Muramasa Rebirth on PS VitaMuramasa Rebirth on PS Vita

Encountering monsters, ninjas, and even gods along the way, they will battle through these enemies using the powers bestowed by the Demon Blades; however, these blades lust for souls, and will ultimately consume those who wield them.

Aksys Games decided to create a limited run collector’s edition for those fans who want to deck their PS Vita system out to the Muramasa max! Each collector’s edition comes with a specially designed PS Vita face cover and skin by HORI, USA, a PS Vita pouch, and a specially created Muramasa Rebirth lithograph by Vanillaware. Each component has been designed to fit the look and feel of Muramasa. The lithograph was inspired by Ukiyo-e woodblock printing, and is truly a one-of-a-kind piece of art!

Ready for some high flying, awesome, in-your-face action? Well, pick up Muramasa Rebirth today and prepare yourself for one of the most action-packed rides on PS Vita!

PAGE 1 2

+ JTStarkiller on June 25th, 2013 at 8:32 am said:

Had the retail version preordered, but canceled it when I saw how small the digital file is. I love being able to play instantly. Digital is great. Played a few levels last night, and though I don’t usually play games like this, this one has me hooked.

+ fromage2323 on June 25th, 2013 at 8:35 am said:

wtf game looks amazing

+ MarcusGearsofWar on June 25th, 2013 at 8:39 am said:

Why Sony Why Sony a lot of digital games and a Small Memories release a Stick of 128 gigas because I got 2 of 32Gb full now I need to delete one game for Murumasa, more gigas are require now NOW

PS Excellent game

+ Ryumoau on June 25th, 2013 at 8:42 am said:

Game looked interesting but without a demo, i’m not willing to spend $35 on this. Especially since it was originally on the Wii years ago.

I’ll wait for a price drop or the eventual addition to PS Plus.

+ lisatsunami on June 25th, 2013 at 8:42 am said:

I am picking my pre-order up at Gamestop later today. I hope this sells well on the Vita.

+ Rotsujin on June 25th, 2013 at 8:54 am said:

does this game have language options or is it English only?

+ Frank "Bo" DeWindt on June 25th, 2013 at 8:58 am said:

This is Japanese voice only with English text.

+ LS_Lodofan on June 25th, 2013 at 10:00 am said:

Already bought! Thx Aksys!

+ DrApollo on June 25th, 2013 at 8:18 am said:

Downloaded and started playing this last night…its fantastic!

+ boxmyth on June 25th, 2013 at 10:41 am said:

“This is Japanese voice only with English text.”
This is what I like to hear. Sold.

+ djsaiyan on June 25th, 2013 at 11:43 am said:

Best Buy, Future Shop, and EB Games/Gamestop all around Toronto didn’t get it in.

All their sites are even still listing it as a preorder.

Screw it, cancelling my order and getting the DL version.

+ Rezolution77 on June 25th, 2013 at 11:45 am said:

Looks interesting.

May actually play it in a year or two, when its worth the price.

+ togue on June 25th, 2013 at 11:47 am said:

need 128GB card, I have to move stuff back and forth on my 32GB to keep the things I want on it…

+ notoptimus on June 25th, 2013 at 11:51 am said:

Bought it last night. Amazing stuff. But I’ll probably end up going back to the Wii version. I have a hard time getting into Vita games. Game Boy Advance is still the best portable in my opinion.

+ ZaGe-zAiKaNo on June 25th, 2013 at 11:56 am said:

I’ll be having my Blessing of Amitabha Edition on thursday & i can’t wait to play it. You guys have brought one of the most unique pre-order edition for the Vita, thank you.

+ muldy00 on June 25th, 2013 at 12:25 pm said:

Really wish memory cards would drop in price. I have several Vita games saved on my PS3, but have no room on my Vita. Oh well.

+ tusunami on June 25th, 2013 at 12:33 pm said:

Already pre-order, i’ll be picking up my collector’s ed. of course this Fri.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ reson8er on June 25th, 2013 at 12:37 pm said:

Loving it so far, the visuals are fantastic on dat OLED. Great job!

+ Frank "Bo" DeWindt on June 25th, 2013 at 1:27 pm said:

The game is quite pretty on the Vita’s OLED!

+ AdmiralCloud on June 25th, 2013 at 12:41 pm said:

looks great waiting for dragons crown on the vita

+ geneMag on June 25th, 2013 at 12:52 pm said:

Such a beautiful game.
Plus I really want to thank you for providing all these control options. Moving to the D-Pad and having that jump button makes all the difference in the world. :D

+ Frank "Bo" DeWindt on June 25th, 2013 at 1:27 pm said:

The jump button and re-mappable controls make a world of difference!

+ Magic_Knight on June 25th, 2013 at 1:14 pm said:

I’ve had this on pre-order at Newegg for a few months and I’m super pumped for it to arrive so I can play it!

+ Illumina-XIV on June 25th, 2013 at 1:14 pm said:

Can’t wait for my amazon preorder to ship, thanks for giving this your love and fixing Ignition’s translation! Side note: please consider working with retailers in Canada to participate in your preorder bonuses. Lost out on quite a few like the 999 and VLR watches, and now the Muramasa soundtrack.

+ Frank "Bo" DeWindt on June 25th, 2013 at 1:26 pm said:

The CE will come with the CD packaged inside. The SE should have the soundtrack paired with it, depending on the Canadian retailer you use.

+ Etharius on June 25th, 2013 at 1:18 pm said:

Got my shipping confirmation for the special edition today – can’t wait, thanks so much for bringing this game over here!

+ Frank "Bo" DeWindt on June 25th, 2013 at 1:28 pm said:

It was a pleasure and an honor to work on it! We hope you love it!

+ poodude on June 25th, 2013 at 1:23 pm said:

Can’t wait till Amazon ships my copy!

PAGE 1 2