PS4 - Transistor

PlayStation Plus: Celebrating 1 Year of the Instant Game Collection

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Jun 28, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection: Year One

With the upcoming launch of PlayStation 4, everyone here at PlayStation is hard at work preparing to deliver the best place to play — the absolute best gaming experiences imaginable.

As you heard at E3, PlayStation Plus will play a huge role in delivering amazing next gen online gaming experiences, while offering incredible value to members. With a single PlayStation Plus membership, you’ll get all of the benefits across PS4, PS3 and PS Vita, making sure you always have something fun to play and experience online with friends.

This week PS Plus has reached a milestone: the one year anniversary of the Instant Game Collection!

PlayStation Plus has been around for three years now, and make no mistake, we’ve always felt that it was a great value for gamers. But at E3 2012, when the Instant Game Collection made its debut, we knew that PS Plus was delivering something innovative, exciting and unique. It was evident in the passionate responses you had in communities around the web that you agreed. From our very own PlayStation.Blog and PlayStation Community, to gaming message boards like NeoGaf.com, to your comments on gaming sites like IGN.com, Destructoid.com, Kotaku.com, we knew that you thought PS Plus presented a gaming service like nothing else out there.

Looking back, it’s easy to see the tremendous value PS Plus offers. In the first year of the Instant Game Collection alone, if you own both a PlayStation 3 and a PlayStation Vita, 64 games were included, including blockbusters such as Sleeping Dogs and Spec Ops: The Line.

We’re not stopping there. We’ve already started Year Two off with a bang with the announcement that #DRIVECLUB PS Plus Edition will be available in the Instant Game Collection at launch and one digital title will rotate in each month. We also debuted a powerful June lineup for PS3, including the introduction of three new marquee titles: Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception (single-player), Little Big Planet Karting and XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Up next: the July month outlook next week, which is not to be missed!

PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection: Year One

Whether you’ve been a member since Day 1 or you’re a newcomer, we thank you for supporting PS Plus and the Instant Game Collection. If you have yet to take the plunge, now is a great time to take advantage of the incredible IGC games offered on PS3 and PS Vita – while ensuring you’re locked and ready for the PS4 this holiday season.

So that’s year one of the PS Plus Instant Game Collection! Which game was your favorite?

+ snakeeyes211 on June 28th, 2013 at 12:26 pm said:

Great job to the team for a amazing year of plus IGC

+ Michzadood on June 28th, 2013 at 12:29 pm said:

PS+ is the life of my PS3 and my PS Vita, thank you very much for this great service and im hoping that july gets better than june and thank you morgan for bringing us these great weekly updates in PS+, i hope that you include soon PSOne classic in the IGC.

+ DION3TO on June 28th, 2013 at 12:33 pm said:

Congratulations!

I’ve been a PS Plus subscriber for this whole years and I have to say I am very satisfied with everything. Thanks Sony, developers, publishers and the PS3/PS Vita team for making it possible and providing great service for us PS fans.

Cant wait to use it on the PS4 as well!

+ Tinyshade_QC on June 28th, 2013 at 12:34 pm said:

Ps plus is a real joy for me and my wife. We just wanted to thank you all sony team for bringing pure entertainment to our living room. Gaming has never been this good and we will never let you down. Sony for life!!!

+ PrimeroIncognito on June 28th, 2013 at 12:37 pm said:

@ boomstickbhg (50)

If that’s how you feel, then why did you sign up and why do you keep re-newing? Joke’s on you, fool.

+ ossiecastro5 on June 28th, 2013 at 12:40 pm said:

Question: Will the Drive Club PS + Edition be like a special edition or will it be like an incomplete edition that will be missing things from the complete version.

Other than that, I am proud to be a Plus member. I remembered when I first got Plus. I had my first $20 in my PS3. I was looking to see which would be my first game to buy via PSN. Then I saw Plus. I am glad to still be in Plus. :)

+ bosskillerz87 on June 28th, 2013 at 12:45 pm said:

i wish KOA and CATHERINE WILL COME NEXT WEEK…. :)

+ Tinyshade_QC on June 28th, 2013 at 12:46 pm said:

@105

It has been confirmed that Drive Club ps + edition will include all the main features of the game. But not all the cars and tracks.

+ Tinyshade_QC on June 28th, 2013 at 12:48 pm said:

Missing content from the full game will be available to buy on store.

+ PrimeroIncognito on June 28th, 2013 at 12:52 pm said:

@ TomHoang & purse317

There’s been PLENTY of clear communication, repeatedly, coming from Sony about how the subscription works. PLENTY.

Is it Sony’s fault that some people are just dumb and can’t comprehend simple explanations? What more do you want them to do? They can explain it over and over again and there will still be some people who’ll just sit there confused, scratching their butt, saying, “Huh? I don’t get it…”

There’s not much you can do about that. It’s up to those people to figure it out on their own. But if they can’t, oh well. Trample the weak.

+ FrankieBlues on June 28th, 2013 at 12:58 pm said:

PS Plus converted me. I was a 360 Fan but now I never play 360 . I’m to busy playing games in my IGC. Gravity Rush is amazing brings m vita to life . Sleeping Dogs ( better than Grand Theft my opinion) is my favorite game finished it quickly even paid for the DLC. I won’t be getting the 720 thanks to the benefits of PS Plus I’ll be enjoying a PS 4…

+ headronefish on June 28th, 2013 at 1:01 pm said:

This “and one digital title will rotate in each month.” definitely needs some clarification. Sooner than “in the coming months”. I got the same impression as #27.

+ Burne133 on June 28th, 2013 at 1:06 pm said:

Anyone else notice How Scott Pilgrim’s image has Street Fighter characters in it?

+ wjang on June 28th, 2013 at 1:08 pm said:

Borderlands was my favorite. You guys timed it perfectly as Borderlands 2 was just about to come out so I prepped myself by Platinuming Borderlands 1.

+ takoyakimonster on June 28th, 2013 at 1:10 pm said:

I still have a huge list of games to download. I would download then cancel ALL the free games that come out every PS+ update. Then when I get the chance to play I will re-download the games even weeks or months after they came out. I am really a satisfied subscriber. Thanks a lot and keep up the good work @PS+team!

+ proud2be on June 28th, 2013 at 1:25 pm said:

Thanks Playstation for so many awesome games in year one. Looking foward to more on PS4. I would like to see Wu-Tang Shaolin Style free for ps plus soon.

+ DelicaGunz on June 28th, 2013 at 1:25 pm said:

I am a very proud PS+ member.

+ RISE_UP44 on June 28th, 2013 at 1:28 pm said:

The best decision a console gamer can make is to buy a PS+ subscription. I have played so many games and not had a chance to finish or whatever and wanted to go back but no longer had the game and bam their it is in my instant game collection for free for me to go back and platinum the game. So much value if you buy and play games you are an idiot and just throwing money away if you do not have ps+ so many awesome games for free or cheap with plus..Amazing value. Beyond!!

+ DARKORION27 on June 28th, 2013 at 1:29 pm said:

Just curious why it takes so long to announce the July 2013 Game Collection, its June 28th and we still don’t know

+ blakseed on June 28th, 2013 at 1:33 pm said:

Been a PS+ subber from the very beginning, and planing on being one until the very end. Keep up the good work.

+ trum3n1 on June 28th, 2013 at 1:33 pm said:

I want BF3 come onn EU gets it next month, at least once do something right.

+ remanutd5 on June 28th, 2013 at 1:39 pm said:

Extremely happy with the service even though sometimes the offering arent up to my liking but im pretty satisfied overall.

games i would like to see at some point:

PS3: Motorstorm Apocalypse, Resistance 3, Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time, Heavenly Sword.

Psvita: Resistance Burning Skies, ModNation Racers Road Trip, Unit 13, Sonic&All Stars Racing Transformed, Little Big Planet and please no more psp games.

+ actio1_618 on June 28th, 2013 at 1:42 pm said:

My favorite is LBP2. Not paying for psplus is like losing money!

+ fede01_8 on June 28th, 2013 at 1:49 pm said:

i complained sometimes about the games offered but you can’t say you haven’t got your 50 bucks worth

i wish there was a way to get old game in the IGC

+ Ryumoau on June 28th, 2013 at 1:55 pm said:

I really enjoyed June’s instant lineup, even though i did find most of the titles in the first year (mainly the indie ones) very disappointing. I’m optimistic for year 2!!

Btw, could you guys please reach out to Koei and try to get a PS Plus discount on Dynasty Warriors 8 digital version day 1? That would be great. :)

+ fede01_8 on June 28th, 2013 at 1:55 pm said:

only one game per month on PS4?! are you serious?!

+ klassymike on June 28th, 2013 at 2:01 pm said:

@ trum3n1

For once?? Are you out of your mind? PS Plus offers a great variety of games, and just because you don’t get what you want doesn’t mean they’re doing anything wrong. Not everyone likes what you do, so stop acting like they should. I for one hate FPS games, but love TPS, that doesn’t mean all people should like either of them. I love being a member of Plus!!

+ oycomics on June 28th, 2013 at 2:05 pm said:

It’s been an amazing year, I wish I could get a Vita since I have access to . . . well, I lost count of how many Vita games now.

But the PS3 stuff alone has given me WAY more than enough to play, and the discounts I think have just about made my subscription break even.

Keep it up for 2013-14!!!

+ JROD0823 on June 28th, 2013 at 2:14 pm said:

@107 Tinyshade_QC,

Could you please provide the link for that information on Driveclub: PS Plus Edition?

I have the retail version of Driveclub pre-ordered just in case something like content getting held back happened, because I think I’ll be having loads of fun with that game.

At least, when I’m not tearing up the track on GT6. :)

+ Rezolution77 on June 28th, 2013 at 2:15 pm said:

I was very skeptical at first about your plus program a couple years back.

But once I started to pay attention more to your blogs, and watch every week for what was coming next, it became apparent that it was well worth the money.

The facts that
1.You have games covering multiple systems of which I and my children own all of.
2.You have introduced Great Titles ,such as Uncharted, Gravity Rush, and Wipeout for the Vita alone.
3.Allowed me to save money, and aggravation on games that looked good, but not worth the cost.
4.Have recently started “no brainer”sales that not only have added more funds to the game creators, but offered a way to actually buy games at better prices without fear of resale.

I was able to even take advantage of a Best Buy promotion, to buy an additional year at a better cost.

I look forward to another year of your blogs, the ability to complain, and to maybe make a few friends
(if anyone wants to invite me ever, feel free.)

+ AOISHI_YAGAMI on June 28th, 2013 at 2:24 pm said:

I really love this service also i have to say thanks to playstation for think in the gamers!!

+ firestorms321 on June 28th, 2013 at 2:49 pm said:

probably the single reason why i now own a ps vitae and why i use a few hundred buck on psn damn between the free game and big discount i really got no chance just let it stay like that with the ps4 it’s already a near perfect service

+ tusunami on June 28th, 2013 at 2:55 pm said:

PS Plus is totally awesome glad I will be continuing to stay with PS Plus!!!!!!!!

+ income1 on June 28th, 2013 at 3:00 pm said:

ok ,thanks for every game,,but whats for july since its in 3 days?

+ tusunami on June 28th, 2013 at 3:04 pm said:

Day 1 PS Plus member yeeeeeeeaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!

+ shadowhood1111 on June 28th, 2013 at 3:07 pm said:

Is there any word on a sale for the PS+ service itself like buying a year and getting 3 months for free? I mainly want to know as I want to purchase a Vita but I want to get just a little more bang for my buck. If there is any word of a sale like this soon I will definitely be picking both of those items up.

+ MickeyWard09 on June 28th, 2013 at 3:13 pm said:

Wow a lot of amazing games here. I joined in January and missed out on a lot… what was I thinking holding out on Plus for so long. Would have loved to get in on Resident Evil, Rochard, Bloodrayne and Hard Corps, but hopefully they will go on sale with a great Plus discount. Amazing job guys!!!

+ KosmoCrisis on June 28th, 2013 at 3:29 pm said:

Morgan, there are a poop ton of great games, but the only one I MADE the time to platinum so far was Gravity Rush on Vita. So that’s my choice for “Favorite Game of PS Plus”.

Runner’s up include:
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
LittleBigPlanet 2
Gotham City Imposters
Renegade Ops
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Retro City Rampage
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus

and

Knytt Underground.

+ KosmoCrisis on June 28th, 2013 at 3:30 pm said:

Sadly, my PS Plus will end July 16th.

+ Kssio_Aug on June 28th, 2013 at 3:31 pm said:

Sadly I just realised how good PSN+ was this month, but in so little time I already got many awesome titles.
Sony, keep it up with the awesome work… I can say that, right now, Playstation is the best gaming platform we have by far.

Thanks!

+ ItaChu on June 28th, 2013 at 3:59 pm said:

OOOOHHH PLAYSTATION PLUS IS SO BAD OOOHHHH THEY GIVE TERRIBLE GAMES OOOHHHH…..

i can see the people coming to complain already LOL

+ jeison1424 on June 28th, 2013 at 4:09 pm said:

don’t waste time subscribe now to ps plus 1000 x better than Xbox gold

+ purse317 on June 28th, 2013 at 4:16 pm said:

Microsoft is having a huge sale next week (see below) I hope PlayStation competes for my dollar.

Assassin’s Creed 3
The Orange Box
Tomb Raider
Witcher 2
WWE 13 GonD
X-com: Enemy Unknown

+ purse317 on June 28th, 2013 at 4:59 pm said:

Notice how every great move you guys make th ecompetition counter with that same great move. You allowed used game son ps4 now the competition allows used games. You support indei devs like crazy now the competition is rewriting their entire policy to do the same.

Now its time for Sony to counter the competition is having a huge sale next week HUGE literally bigger thn I expected you need to counter with a huge sale.

After all the public is watching and deciding which next gen console to buy this fall.

+ DarkOne_PR on June 28th, 2013 at 5:18 pm said:

Sony While Im a member of PS+ And I LOVE IT bc its worth every penny, but Hearing its a must for online gaming on the ps4 its a bad Idea. Dont do it. Leave it optional!!! Let us play games online for free and give special features. but online gaming should stay free. dont pull a microsoft.

+ locutus442 on June 28th, 2013 at 5:38 pm said:

think the most fun i had with a game from the instant game collection was borderlands. can’t wait to see what you guys have in store for july.

+ Zezzler on June 28th, 2013 at 5:45 pm said:

50 dollars for all of those games is astonishing. It really is.

But what I think is even more astonishing is all of the people who can STILL manage to complain after seeing the amount of games they get with only 50 dollars a year.

Screw the whining downers, Keep doing what you are doing Morgan! Plus is a phenomenal deal that I will continue to purchase and enjoy!

+ ms_ghanem on June 28th, 2013 at 5:57 pm said:

Ok, I’m really excited for all the upcoming months with PlayStation Plus. Sadly though I had just missed some amazing games that I wanted like Far cry and Darksiders, the month before I got PlayStation Plus. I was jut wondering though, will you guys ever put the games you’ve put on sale, on sale again?

+ ArchAngelMai on June 28th, 2013 at 6:35 pm said:

Been a member since June 27th, 2010, never once regretted it.

+ ArchAngelMai on June 28th, 2013 at 6:39 pm said:

@125
Yes becauseas a launch system they should totally give out all the games so you never have to buy one. Get a job you loser, you make me sick…