Before we get started: PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD! Yes!
Don’t miss this in-depth interview with PS4 system architect Mark Cerny, conducted by our European counterpart Fred Dutton. Gran Turismo 6′s pre-order bonuses got an official reveal, we looked back on year one of PlayStation Plus’ Instant Game Collection, and Ready at Dawn revealed new details about The Order: 1886.
I’ve had a very 80′s week, starting with the release of Hotline Miami on PS3 and PS Vita (ten bucks nets you both versions!). I just finished the game for the first time, and… I’m confused. If anyone wants to point me toward an explanation of the ending, I’d appreciate it (no spoilers in the comments though, please).
Speaking of PS Vita: Muramasa Rebirth, the revamped new version of the acclaimed side-scrolling classic, is out now as well. With Hotline finished, this one’s up next.
I was recently introduced to the music of Kavinsky, whose track “Nightcall” features on 2011′s 80′s-inspired Drive, and that’s made it into my regular driving playlist. A full-trilogy marathon of Back to the Future rounded out my 80′s week, and now I’m ready to return to the present, and indeed the future when PS4 is released later this year (got your pre-order in yet?)
What are you playing this weekend?
- I’m playing: Hotline Miami, Muramasa Rebirth
- I’m watching: Back to the Future (Trilogy marathon!)
- I’m listening to: PlayStation Blogcast 079, Jamiroquai, Kavinsky
What We’re Reading
This Week’s Top 10 Posts
- Gran Turismo 6: Pre-order Details Revealed
- The Order: 1886: Ready At Dawn Divulges New Details
- Meet Mark Cerny: PS4 System Architect, Knack Creator, Busiest Man in Gaming
- Celebrating 1 Year of the PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection
- PS Vita Indie Games Category Now Live on PSN
- PixelJunk Monsters: Ultimate HD Coming to PS Vita
- LittleBigPlanet Update: Tune in for Tunesday
- Muramasa Rebirth Out Today on PS Vita
- Get Ready for Independence Day in PlayStation Home
- GT Academy Qualifying Process Begins July 2nd with GT6 Demo
- Naughty Dog discusses sound and music in The Last of Us
- BOBBY KING AND THE PINBALL ARCADE ON PS4
- Gran Turismo 6 demo out next week
- Conan goes to E3, endorses everything
- PlayStation Mobile Update – June 26th 2013
- How Kingdom Hearts’ creator Tetsuya Nomura had to start from scratch for HD
- Killzone: Shadow Fall’s multifunctional Owl drone revealed
- Guacamelee Costume Pack DLC now available
- New Contrast screens are stark & stylin’
- PlayStation through the years: Mark Cerny on the PS4′s roots and the brand’s evolution (video)
- The Last of Us tops Japanese charts in opening week
Most-Watched Video of the Week