PS4 - Destiny

LittleBigPlanet Update: 8 Million Levels!

Steven Isbell's Avatar + Posted by Steven Isbell on Jul 01, 2013 // LittleBigPlanet Community Coordinator

LittleBigPlanet Update

LittleBigPlanet Update 7-1-2013

Super news everybody! LittleBigPlanet continues to burst with awesomeness and pure creativity as we now have more than 8,000,000 community levels in LittleBigPlanet… and still growing!

Everybody should give themselves a big pat on the back, because this wouldn’t be possible without you folks. We’re heading towards LittleBigPlanet’s 5th anniversary this year, and the community is still growing strong, which is definitely something that you should all be proud of!

Here’s looking forward to the next million!

Team Picks

What would LittleBigPlanet be without a huge community of friends to play with? Our Team Picks come in two friendly flavors this week. You can team up with some friends in Khodex and Eterniitys platformer on LittleBigPlanet 2 and work together to complete this co-operative adventure.

Khodex and Eterniitys Platformer by khodex

You can find this level and oh so much more in the latest LittleBigPlanet 2: Team Picks!

Vita Picks

If you’re feeling a little more competitive though, you may want to play Marvel Blast Force on LittleBigPlanet PS Vita. It’s an explosive game that will pit you against your friends to see who can survive the longest! You can even design your own battle arenas in this amazing level!

Marvel Blast Force by SackboyFriend

LittleBigPlanet Update 7-1-2013LittleBigPlanet Update 7-1-2013

LittleBigPlanet Update 7-1-2013

You can have this level ready to play by heading over to LBP.me Vita and queuing up the new LittleBigPlanet PS Vita: Team Picks!

We always love to see exciting new LittleBigPlanet levels, so if you have any great levels to share with the community or some stunning videos that show off your favorite levels and creations, then be sure to tweet them to us @LittleBigPlanet.

Come And Visit Us

LittleBigPlanet.com
Forums
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube

LittleBigPlanet Update 7-1-2013

PAGE 1 2

+ xYakuzaz on July 1st, 2013 at 9:03 am said:

Nice

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on July 1st, 2013 at 9:08 am said:

Nice x 8,000,000 ;)

+ remanutd5 on July 1st, 2013 at 9:03 am said:

So when is LBP Karting coming to the psvita?

+ JimmyHACK on July 1st, 2013 at 9:04 am said:

Excellent. Any clue when we may be able to take Sackboy Joel & Ellie (The Last Of Us) into these levels?

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on July 1st, 2013 at 9:30 am said:

Hmm… A clue… A clue…

Well, I can tell you that we have a whole bunch of exciting new packs coming over the next few months and we will likely see Joel and Ellie making an appearance sometime within that madness! :)

+ ossiecastro5 on July 1st, 2013 at 9:04 am said:

That’s a lot of levels!

Is this just for LBP 2 or for all of the games?

+ qwertydaniel92 on July 1st, 2013 at 9:06 am said:

Seriously? Where PS Plus July update???

+ bldudas on July 1st, 2013 at 9:06 am said:

Wow! So many levels.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on July 1st, 2013 at 10:59 am said:

So many levels! Always something new to play in LittleBigPlanet!

+ JimmyHACK on July 1st, 2013 at 9:08 am said:

@qwertydaniel92 you are about 50 mins early. Settle down.

+ qwertydaniel92 on July 1st, 2013 at 9:12 am said:

JimmyHACK wat? Iam about free games

+ The_Dukenator on July 1st, 2013 at 9:13 am said:

@2 No idea if they’ll bring it there.

+ fede01_8 on July 1st, 2013 at 9:13 am said:

With all the talk about used games, if all games were like LBP, nobody would trade in their copies!

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on July 1st, 2013 at 11:07 am said:

There’s always a new adventure waiting for Sackboy on LittleBigPlanet! :)

+ The_Dukenator on July 1st, 2013 at 9:15 am said:

@8 They do the PS+ monthly update later this morning or afternoon. Have patience.

+ Betorro on July 1st, 2013 at 9:16 am said:

Where PS Plus July update??

+ xYakuzaz on July 1st, 2013 at 9:16 am said:

@2 I don’t think the Vita’s hardware is capable of running LBP Vita unless they downgrade it a little

+ Acceljeeg on July 1st, 2013 at 9:17 am said:

So no PS Plus July update?

+ xYakuzaz on July 1st, 2013 at 9:17 am said:

@quertydaniel92 You don’t even have PS Plus…

+ JimmyHACK on July 1st, 2013 at 9:18 am said:

@qwertdaniel92 Says the non-PSPlus user :) But yes, PS+ updates for the month usually around 1pm eastern.

+ Betorro on July 1st, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

@14 NO PS PLUS UPDATE! EU GET BATTLEFIELD 3, WE = Sly 2.

LoooooooooooL

+ qwertydaniel92 on July 1st, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

xYakuzaz he just ended, ok?

+ xYakuzaz on July 1st, 2013 at 9:21 am said:

@Betorro What’s wrong with Sly, it’s a decent game with easy platinum…i wouldn’t mind it myself
Don’t judge until they post the update.

+ xYakuzaz on July 1st, 2013 at 9:23 am said:

One last comment, why is Tearaway so cheap?… i can Pre-order it for 20 bucks.
Is it a bad game or are you’s just being generous?

+ JimmyHACK on July 1st, 2013 at 9:24 am said:

@ xYakuzaz where can you get for $20? Thanks in advance :)

+ ossiecastro5 on July 1st, 2013 at 9:26 am said:

I thought this was the LBP update, not the Plus rant update. :D

+ swissmr on July 1st, 2013 at 9:26 am said:

I own 1,2 and karting and honestly only played the first a couple times haven’t gotten around to the others yet. But when I played the best parts I remember enjoying the most were the levels I could download , there was a Vacation level, titanic level, music levels, all this really good cool stuff great community with this game :)

+ xYakuzaz on July 1st, 2013 at 9:28 am said:

@JimmyHack, it’s actually 24.99 and in euros from Zavvi.com (i’m Irish) but that’s still only like $30 while most games are $50-60

+ FarmFreshEggBoy on July 1st, 2013 at 9:34 am said:

It’s $40 in the US, and if most VIta games are $50-60, be glad you’re not getting ripped off for once.

Or mad that you’re getting screwed most of the time, your choice.

+ xYakuzaz on July 1st, 2013 at 9:35 am said:

@FarmFreshEggBoy It’s $32.60 according to XE.com

+ Chase167 on July 1st, 2013 at 10:17 am said:

how about adding some new trophies????

+ sackawsome on July 1st, 2013 at 10:17 am said:

Steven My Levels Are In The 8,000,000 :D. And Steven You Should Be My PSN Friend It Is sackawesome. And Also Steven You Are AWESOME

+ heyPJ93 on July 1st, 2013 at 10:27 am said:

lol another EU plus gets better games than US plus rant huh, well y’all could always just SUB EU PLUS INSTEAD!!!!!!

+ Betorro on July 1st, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

PS PLUS UPDATE PLEASE!

+ actio1_618 on July 1st, 2013 at 11:07 am said:

I love being a part of LBP. Is the paint tool ever coming to the vita, @StevenI?

+ passivefamiliar on July 1st, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

little big planet. it has its very own…atmosphere. nothing quite like it.

its over 8,000,000!!!

i have all 3 so far. bought karting before it was free. karting false a bit short though. shame its only because its so compared to mariokart. its a good game. better in some ways, but didnt hit the mark 100%. anyone i play it with usually see my N64 and just wants to play that instead. depressing.

but the LBP 1 & 2 are amazing. you have to be in the mood for it. but its a good calm peaceful rewarding game, if you want it to ge. or it can a bit nuts. keep it up sony.

+ BuriedSorrow on July 1st, 2013 at 11:18 am said:

Still one of my favorite games on PS3. I still own LBP and LBP 2. I’m looking to download LBP Karting here soon, I played the Beta and loved it. I still remember the first time I played LBP and became instantly hooked. Congrats on 8 million levels.

+ TheUndertaker85 on July 1st, 2013 at 11:21 am said:

I finally gave in and got LBP Vita on sale from the LBP Sale. Glad I did. Fun game and worth every cent.

Also been playing through LBP Karting. Finished the story and starred every level. Got my first created level out too, although very basic.

Will we be seeing any level packs in the future similar to Toy Story, The Muppets, etc? Hoping for more to add to the Cross Controller play as its very fun and a new way to experience LBP. How about for Karting as well? Outfits and karts are nice but no substitute for more story driven fun with more to collect.

LBP has been a great series for PS3, PSV, and PSP. Here’s to hoping for a return in a big way to PS4 and more to come via DLC in the future.

+ Keaze_ on July 1st, 2013 at 11:37 am said:

PS plus july update?

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on July 1st, 2013 at 12:04 pm said:

Enough already with the PS Plus whining. I’ve never seen so many overly entitled crybabies in one place. FFS.

Literally every single post all weekend has had a flood of off-topic comments about this, when everyone knows it comes out on MONDAY. That’s A-F-T-E-R the weekend.

I’m a Plus member myself, and you know what? I’m gonna go to sleep knowing the update will be there when I wake up. Been gaming all morning, barely thinking about the update. I’m going to get even more free and heavily discounted games for the annual $50 I already paid months ago. Don’t really care if I find out about it the same DAY it happens, much less the same instant.

OT: Played LBP2 and even LBP1 today. Hadn’t played either in a long time. They hold up very well amongst all the clones that have been released since.

I’m happy to see (from these weekly blog posts and from playing) that there are still great levels being made. :)

+ stalemate666 on July 1st, 2013 at 12:15 pm said:

@ThumbsOfSteel74 While I see your point, you forget IT IS monday and frankly it should be the first update just because everyone is expecting it where something like this nobody would have missed if it was a little later, it’s just basic prioritizing.

+ tusunami on July 1st, 2013 at 1:17 pm said:

LBP still has it even after all this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Gamerzlimited on July 1st, 2013 at 3:47 pm said:

Will the Sacktue of Liberty costume will be available free for this week? July 4th is this Thursday so I’m curious.

+ Alastor424 on July 1st, 2013 at 4:42 pm said:

Can someone please try my level on Vita?
Search: Sandover Village on PS Vita. I need some feedback.
It’s a bit of a platforming challenge, but I was inspired by The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker.

Please take some time and try it. Thanks guys.

+ Superstone on July 1st, 2013 at 4:43 pm said:

LBP Karting on the Vita please

+ Phoenix7469 on July 1st, 2013 at 5:38 pm said:

And I’m not one of the 8 million =(. Creating levels takes a lot of time and is a meticulous task but I definitely like playing them!

+ stonr_playr on July 1st, 2013 at 5:53 pm said:

That’s HUGE!!

+ morrislevy on July 1st, 2013 at 9:06 pm said:

And I helped! Definitely made and uploaded some levels this past week! This is GREAT!

+ SeshiLord on July 1st, 2013 at 9:25 pm said:

I just got LBP Vita like 5 minutes ago. I have also played the previous ones, and I’m very happy that the LBP community grows that much!
Keep up the good work Mm, and bring us a great Teraway!

+ Welmosca on July 1st, 2013 at 10:19 pm said:

Great news damn thats a S***load of lvls,3 are mine LOL… ha I just bought a lot of things on the LBP Sale and I cant get enough of LBP…simply one of the best games ever created.I’ll always be around playing.I almost have all the DLCs but thanks for the sale Mm I managed to get some that I didnt own already.

@ Steven Isbell (in response to 3)….ha I cant wait to see what are those packs.

@ 17 Betorro – Ha very funny the comment you made there because Sly 2 is 1000 times better than BF3.

PS:Whats happening with the people on the Blog?…must be new guys….here is not the place to ask for the damn Plus update….so quit spamming and just wait.

+ Welmosca on July 1st, 2013 at 10:25 pm said:

Also Steven….will we be seeing another sale(but this time on all DLCs)…for LittleBigPlanet’s 5th anniversary?…come on we all know that LBP deserves.

+ IrishDude2 on July 2nd, 2013 at 2:02 am said:

I haven’t played lbp in a looooong time. That is some number or levels. I don’t even have one! How do people find creating levels fun? I personally found it to be sooooooooooo booooring and the reason I can’t get the platinum for lbp 2 is cos that trophy for being in create mode for 24 hours is ridiculous. One hour is already hard enough for me

+ Metalsonic_69 on July 2nd, 2013 at 9:07 am said:

I just installed the most recent update for LBP Vita, and there STILL isn’t an option to turn off Sixaxis controls for Sackboy’s head. What gives?

+ WiivolutionNow on July 2nd, 2013 at 10:28 am said:

8,000,000 Levels, 99.9% user created, 99.9% suck and are a waste of time. But it’s nice to know you can play them and realize that most everyone is not cut out for game design/level design.

PAGE 1 2