PS3-TLOU Left Behind

LittleBigPlanet Update: Your New Profile Functionality Update

Steven Isbell's Avatar + Posted by Steven Isbell on Jul 08, 2013 // LittleBigPlanet Community Coordinator

LittleBigPlanet Update

Introducing New Profile Functionality!

Our LittleBigPlanet Community is ever-expanding; it’s an explosion of awesomeness and we are so happy that you love to share your content for everyone else to play and review. Reviewing levels and giving constructive feedback is a great way for creators to hone their creation skills, improve their levels and make them even more enjoyable for everyone else to play.

Sometimes, though, not everyone likes to play nicely and instead of being constructive they can be somewhat mean. :( We think that if you don’t have anything nice or constructive to say, then don’t say anything at all! Our moderation team is always working hard to keep the community a friendly place for all, but now you will have the ability to silence any troublesome users that are spoiling your fun. You too can be a moderator of your very own profile and levels!

In our continued efforts to improve LittleBigPlanet, we are introducing some new profile functionality on LBP.me. With the new Block toggle, the power is being put into your hands to mute anyone being bothersome and let you go about your business in peace.

Let’s keep LittleBigPlanet like it should be, a positive hub of shared creativity where you can communicate constructively with like-minded sack-folk and have a jolly good time! Keep enjoying LittleBigPlanet!

For more information on how to use this new functionality or to learn how to report problem users to us, head on over to: http://littlebigplanet.com/goodgrief.

Team Picks

Let’s dive right into our Team Picks for this week! We have featured a whole range of levels across the LittleBigPlanet series, but here are two great levels that really stood out to us! Take a look at these great levels and don’t forget to check out all of the brand new Team Picks for each title, every week!

Mini Stone Aged
by RtooDee2

You can find this level and oh so much more in the latest LittleBigPlanet 2: Team Picks!

Vita Picks

Little BIT Ninja
by NecoCocoron

Little Bit Ninja Screenshot 1Little Bit Ninja Screenshot 2

Little Bit Ninja Screenshot 3

You can have this level ready to play by heading over to LBP.me Vita and queuing up the new LittleBigPlanet PS Vita: Team Picks!

We always love to see exciting new LittleBigPlanet levels, so if you have any great levels to share with the community or some stunning videos that show off your favorite levels and creations, then be sure to tweet them to us @LittleBigPlanet.

Come And Visit Us

LittleBigPlanet.com
Forums
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube

Sack_Ninja_Pose

+ JAD_YASS on July 8th, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

What do you get in the update and i dont mean the levels i mean functoinaity today or tomrroow.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on July 8th, 2013 at 9:27 am said:

Basically you can now block problem users from posting comments or reviews on your profile or levels.

You can still good grief these users to report them to the moderation team but this will allow you to stop them contacting you.

+ Sonicfan11589 on July 8th, 2013 at 8:25 am said:

I don’t know if this is the right place to comment about this but what happened to “The Drop” last night?

+ Sonicfan11589 on July 8th, 2013 at 8:26 am said:

Oops Nevermind, Sony must of had JUST posted it.

+ Superstone on July 8th, 2013 at 8:26 am said:

LBP Karting on the Vita please!!

+ actio1_618 on July 8th, 2013 at 8:48 am said:

Is the paint tool coming to the vita? The touchscreen begs for it!

+ RecruitPS_2 on July 8th, 2013 at 11:02 am said:

Thank crimety! Something to shut those those snot nosed children up. Now if only there was a button to call there parents.

+ R_aVe_N on July 8th, 2013 at 11:24 am said:

I just want the sack ninja costume XD

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on July 8th, 2013 at 11:32 am said:

The Sack Ninja Costume can be picked up in the original LittleBigPlanet game’s story mode and imported into your LittleBigPlanet 2 game! :)

+ GnomeWizard on July 8th, 2013 at 12:25 pm said:

Is there any plans to add an update to littlebigplanet vita so we can use all our awesome create mode materials and costumes from the singleplayer from littlebigplanet 2, I know you guys have cross buy for dlc costumes but it doesn’t matter that much for me because most of my outfits were mix of dlc costumes and the unlockable ones in LBP1 and 2, and it bums me out that I can’t use them littlebigplanet vita :(.
You should at least make them a dlc, I’d pay for my stuff on the go..

+ Elvick_ on July 8th, 2013 at 1:17 pm said:

When are those boss bunny slippers coming out? the LBP twitter account tweeted a picture of ‘em.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on July 8th, 2013 at 2:08 pm said:

That costume and a few other unrevealed costumes will be coming to LittleBigPlanet soon!
    Stay tuned next week for more information! :)

+ lisatsunami on July 8th, 2013 at 1:18 pm said:

I never created any levels but I guess I shouldn’t be surprised to learn this new feature is necessary. All these cowardly anonymous internet bullies. It’s frightening how many people are born without the empathy gene.

+ sackchief on July 8th, 2013 at 1:23 pm said:

Thank god. The LBP 2 community is littered with rude brats who hate on every level they see. This feature should have been in a long time ago.

+ jscFALCONS on July 8th, 2013 at 2:48 pm said:

I think there should also be a feature that allows players to delete reviews from LBP.me

+ Gamerzlimited on July 8th, 2013 at 3:02 pm said:

Thanks for having the Sacktue of Liberty free for the week of July 4th. I thought you have forgotten since you didn’t announce it on last week, but you didn’t. Your team is awesome, keep it up. :)

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on July 9th, 2013 at 4:26 am said:

We most certainly haven’t forgotten! We will make sure that all of our seasonal DLC releases are released again this year. :)

+ SLS10 on July 8th, 2013 at 3:21 pm said:

Hi.

You wanted to encourage constructive criticism and creativity? Fix level reviews, fix Cool Pages (limiting a person to having only one level on the CP at a time seems fair to me), give us back the boo, and do all of the above without further breaking the game.

+ tusunami on July 8th, 2013 at 3:23 pm said:

It’s good to see the continued support for the LBP community!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on July 9th, 2013 at 4:34 am said:

How could we ever resist continuing to support such an awesome community? :)

+ Nick930930 on July 8th, 2013 at 4:15 pm said:

Seriously? Only like.. 4 years too late Media Molecule..

I was trolled repeatedly in this game after spending days of time creating levels for the community.. and never recieved help. A player made an account that spammed levels called “Nick930930 is a noob” and they are STILL online…

I think the community team is too small and should hire more people to come on board and help out, there’s a massive community and it’s too difficult for their team to help everyone out.

Glad this feature has been added though, I’m afraid I’ve played enough LBP though.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on July 9th, 2013 at 4:31 am said:

Moderation is dealt by our moderation team at Sony.

If you wish to submit a grief report regarding a specific user, you can do so here:

This online form will give you the opportunity to explain the nature of your grief with this user to the moderation team and will enable them to take the appropriate action in response to your grief report.

+ JamesDRobbins on July 8th, 2013 at 5:26 pm said:

I soooooo wish Lbp 3 was coming out and they went back to putting the levels on the earth to browse like in lbp 1 the online browser for Media Picks and Popular etc blows i hate the search thing on the right side…but love LBP

+ ryansvader on July 8th, 2013 at 5:37 pm said:

Did anyone else read this in Stephen Fry’s voice?

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on July 9th, 2013 at 4:33 am said:

Can’t say that I did…
    But then again, I’m more familiar with my own voice than most. ;)

If you want to believe that I sound like Stephen Fry though, I won’t say anything to spoil the illusion. :)

+ Super_Sonic_825 on July 10th, 2013 at 12:23 pm said:

When will the “The Last of Us” costumes be available for U.S Playstation Store? I want it so bad! XD

+ Shadow_X_Forever on July 11th, 2013 at 6:45 pm said:

that ninja costume looks sickk, is it avalible for the vita ??????

+ Zoidzerg on July 14th, 2013 at 4:10 pm said:

I must say the LBP community by and large has been the least offensive nicest one I have played with so far. So I appreciate any effort (even 4 years in) to make it stay nice.

Scrolling up I might have apparently been lucky. I haven’t been on in a while so maybe things have turned ugly? That would be unfortunate, but I must say almost every online game I have ever played eventually devolves this way. It is part of the reason I do not play FPSers anymore, I was super good at them, which made people super offensive to me.

Call me a baby but I play for fun not so you can let your mean-meanies out of your mouth and into my delicate ears. :)

Hopefully this makes the community even better, so thanks MM!