PS4 - Destiny

PlayStation Plus: Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee HD Free for PS Plus Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Jul 08, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Last week, we kicked off July by adding the critically acclaimed first-person shooter Battlefield 3 to the Instant Game Collection. PlayStation Plus members also received a deeper discount on our new Summer Blast sale, which offers up some compelling discounts — up to 80% off–on some of the best in gaming on the PlayStation Store.

For this week, we’re happy to unveil that Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee HD is free for PlayStation Plus members. We’ve also got the final week of the Summer Blast 2013 sale, so without further ado, let’s get into this week’s offerings.

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

July 8th PlayStation Plus Update

Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee HD (PS3)

PSN Price: $9.99, Free for PS Plus members

Oddworld Munch's Oddysee HD
It’s up to you to help guide Munch in efforts to rescue fellow test creatures. These critters will be forever loyal to Munch and in turn enable his escape. Once free, Munch teams up with Abe and together they are guided by the wisdom of the Almighty Raisin. They are informed as to how to accomplish their goals, but in order to do so, they must work together. For Munch, his dream is to bring back his species from the brink of extinction. For Abe, it is to rescue his Mudokon buddies.
Summer Blast 2013 Sale (PS3)

Various Discounts

Summer Blast
It’s week two of this year’s Summer Blast sale and we’ve got more games to deliver at incredible prices including hits such as Hitman Trilogy HD and Just Cause 2. Check out the full list below!

Discounts

Lego Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Video Game $19.99 $9.99 $5.00
Just Cause 2 $19.99 $9.99 $7.99
Prince Of Persia Classic Trilogy HD $39.99 $15.99 $8.00
Tron Evolution $19.99 $7.99 $4.00
Alice: Madness Returns $19.99 $7.99 $4.00
Fight Night Champion $29.99 $11.99 $6.00

Last Chance (Leaving on 7/16)

Instant Game Collection

Lego Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Video Game
Just Cause 2
Prince Of Persia Classic Trilogy HD
Tron Evolution
Alice: Madness Returns
Fight Night Champion

You’ll find all the goodies above with their Plus benefits active when the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow. We’ll be back next week with more details on the game arriving to the Instant Game Collection as well as any other benefits we can share.

If you’ve got feedback or thoughts on today’s Plus update, leave them below, or, if you’re looking to engage with more of the PS community, make sure you head over to the PlayStation Community to discuss this week’s news more, find other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 7-9-2013

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ Ghostwize on July 8th, 2013 at 12:16 pm said:

Woo woo woo! Oddworld! Wee! Thanks Morganthaller. :D

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on July 8th, 2013 at 12:47 pm said:

Morgan is out at a meeting today, but I’ll tell him you say thanks :P

+ Makinen on July 8th, 2013 at 12:17 pm said:

Always wanted to play the PoP trilogy – this is an awesome chance!

I will definitely pick up Force Unleashed 2 for that price!

+ DrApollo on July 8th, 2013 at 12:17 pm said:

I have never played Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee, but I am looking forward to it?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on July 8th, 2013 at 12:48 pm said:

:P I enjoy the Oddworld games. Hopefully you will too!

+ Ghostwize on July 8th, 2013 at 12:18 pm said:

Oh and not too sure about that price on the store. It’s only $9.99 not $34.99. That would be a tad pricey! :P

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on July 8th, 2013 at 12:49 pm said:

You are correct, I’ll let the blog team know.

+ akisuo on July 8th, 2013 at 12:19 pm said:

Yes! Oddworld Munch’s Oddysee tomorrow for sure. I will already buy Star Wars 2 at the price for sure. Debating about getting Lego Batman 2 for PS3 and Silent Hill Book of Memories for Vita tomorrow. Tempting.

+ LadyofX on July 8th, 2013 at 12:20 pm said:

Yippee another week of nothing :/

+ sammyo7777776 on July 8th, 2013 at 12:20 pm said:

Good Week

+ Erlaxis on July 8th, 2013 at 12:21 pm said:

I’ll be getting Alice: Madness Returns. =)

+ shadwayne on July 8th, 2013 at 12:22 pm said:

nice games….question…willl you guy bring dbz budkai collection to the psn store in the future?

+ Darth_Lambo on July 8th, 2013 at 12:24 pm said:

Nice games & great sale… ps+ in a very good week

+ FullMetalDoctor on July 8th, 2013 at 12:25 pm said:

very nice PS PLUS guys, keep it coming.

+ FullMetalDoctor on July 8th, 2013 at 12:25 pm said:

oh hey how bout some re releases of psone games, and let us change our names

+ totsboy on July 8th, 2013 at 12:26 pm said:

Force unleashed 2 is awesome!

Is Alice good?

+ KwietStorm on July 8th, 2013 at 12:26 pm said:

How about a invisible status on PSN

+ smoothboarder540 on July 8th, 2013 at 12:27 pm said:

I’ll give this one a try. By the way, you guys gave away Oddworld in the banner on the forums frontpage a few days ago.

+ Ryumoau on July 8th, 2013 at 12:27 pm said:

Very weak. Only good thing for plus this week is the Lego Batman 2 sale.

btw, please talk with Namco Bandai about letting you give us a ps plus on Tales of Xilia when it comes to psn august 6th.

+ TerraAshura on July 8th, 2013 at 12:28 pm said:

Excited for Oddworld. Might pick up Prince of Persia trilogy too. Pretty good price for those, even if just for Sands of Time.

+ snakeeyes211 on July 8th, 2013 at 12:29 pm said:

Hey Morgan you have Oddworld priced at $34 when it’s actually 9.99$ article misprint

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on July 8th, 2013 at 1:01 pm said:

Should be fixed up now, thanks!

+ CaruthK on July 8th, 2013 at 12:30 pm said:

I just got 2 games for $10.00 0oh! yeah
Mortal Kombat PSVita because I already have the PS3 ver & Shadow of the colossus.

+ UndreyVITA on July 8th, 2013 at 12:31 pm said:

Munch’s Oddysee is NOT $34.99.

Is it?

+ CaruthK on July 8th, 2013 at 12:31 pm said:

Everyone on the list so far has PSN+ this is nice to see. PS4 is payed for already. I’m good until 2015.

+ ABRipperXX on July 8th, 2013 at 12:32 pm said:

I can’t wait to play odd world, and get silent hill for my vita!

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on July 8th, 2013 at 12:34 pm said:

Thanks for the update. Here’s my IGC wishlist:

God of War (all games in the series; digital versions of GOW3 & Ascension)
Grand Theft Auto (all games in the series)
Guacamelee
Hitman Absolution
Hotline Miami
Machinarium (Vita)
Max Payne 3
Metal Gear Rising
Metal Gear Solid HD (PS3), digital version of MGS4
Red Dead Redemption
Red Faction Guerrilla & Armageddon
Uncharted 1 & 2
Velocity Ultra

Also, could you add Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops to the Vita store? It’s available in all regions except North America, and it’s also the only MGS game I haven’t played!

+ Satnamji on July 8th, 2013 at 12:36 pm said:

Looking forward to LEGO Batman 2! Could use a bit of a break from some tougher games I’m playing.

+ Todoh789 on July 8th, 2013 at 12:38 pm said:

Will there be other stuff going on sale this week as well?
Can we also expect a sale on PSX titles like what EU PSN is having atm?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on July 8th, 2013 at 1:03 pm said:

There will be some other games on sale that are not part of the Summer Blast promotion & you can find those deals in the Store post tomorrow. No word on a PSX sale though.

+ hpz82 on July 8th, 2013 at 12:43 pm said:

So many games I want but not sure if I have the time to play them all. 8 month baby taking all my time, sad these games won’t port over to the ps4 since am getting it day one! Pre-order done!

+ poodude on July 8th, 2013 at 12:46 pm said:

Great update! Looking forward to Munch’s Odyssee and finally picking up Silent Hill: Book of Memories.

Also, Morgan, just wanted to give my condolences to you regarding Ryan Davis’ passing. Don’t know if you knew him well; but you tweeted about him earlier so I thought it’d be appropriate to say something.

+ avatarguy on July 8th, 2013 at 12:46 pm said:

Is their any chance we could get a big DLC sale like instead of the full game sales we get all the time?

Please fix mobile log in page,

+ TinCannEd on July 8th, 2013 at 12:47 pm said:

Nice. I still have my PS2 Disc of this. I am definitely going to grab Alice, Lego Pirates, & Lego Batman 2 Vita. Got MK Vita last week.

One question Morgan: Could you see if NA is EVER going to get the Ecolibrium update, version 1.03? EU has had this update for over 6 months! I’m asking because there is no website or anything & it is made by Sony.

+ Beargram on July 8th, 2013 at 12:47 pm said:

“Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee HD”

wat.

+ whatisdelicious on July 8th, 2013 at 12:51 pm said:

I am all over that Tron: Evolution discount.

I really liked the PS3 game. Stoked to play the PSP version on my Vita. I hope the online still works.

+ biocross on July 8th, 2013 at 12:52 pm said:

Hey guys

Great work with PS+ of late. I was not that happy with how things were in the earlier days of week to week announces, but I must say that the change in format and the up in quality of releases has served you well, and I am more than happy to have the service.

Is there any possibility of a Tokyo Jungle sale? Been thinking on picking it up, but it just went on sale in EUR PS+ and I assume a US sale can’t be too far behind.

Any hints regarding this would be appreciated.

Would love to see more RPG’s, but other than that, keep up the good work guys.

+ Dcrazy204 on July 8th, 2013 at 12:52 pm said:

i hope i get a respond on this.But i want to know if sony and playstation can come up with an agreement with ubisoft to make a hd remake version of ape escape 1 and do an hd version of escape 2 and 3 on ps3.Im sure fan or the people that didnt play it before would buy it.

+ MrBeatdown on July 8th, 2013 at 12:56 pm said:

I’ve been hoping to get Stranger’s Wrath since Europe got it.

Didn’t like the demo for Munch’s Oddysee. Feels way too outdated.

+ Gorvi on July 8th, 2013 at 12:57 pm said:

Not much for me this week, though Silent Hill Book of Memories for $7.50 is really tempting. I didn’t care for the Munch demo, I would have preferred Stranger’s Wrath on Vita. That was a hint! ;)

+ MCpluZ on July 8th, 2013 at 12:58 pm said:

ei Norman
sobre esse X-men, ele seria o desteny?

+ Doc_Tury on July 8th, 2013 at 12:59 pm said:

Getting LEGO Batman 2 and Alice: Madness Returns for that price! And Oddworld for free! PRETTY GOOD WEEK for me!

+ U-E-N-D-I-L on July 8th, 2013 at 1:00 pm said:

and I just bought fight night champions for the price of 3.99 or whatever it was.

+ harscombat on July 8th, 2013 at 1:05 pm said:

in this ps blog i cant find payday 2????

in europa relaese 13 aug in holland two:)))when will payday 2 released in your country:(?

+ lisatsunami on July 8th, 2013 at 1:07 pm said:

I will try Oddworld, but definitely getting both Lego Batman games. Great sales, thanks.

I knew that when I could see the poll results last week, must have been a mistake, and that mistake was not repeated this week.

+ hartbrek310 on July 8th, 2013 at 1:08 pm said:

If I buy Lego Batman for PS3 does that include the Vita version, or do I have to buy both versions for 5$/each?? Thanks. :-)

+ xClayMeow on July 8th, 2013 at 1:10 pm said:

This month sucks for Vita. Hope August is much better.

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on July 8th, 2013 at 1:11 pm said:

PS PLUS is the POSITIVE part about PLAYSTATION – pun intended..lol only problem is with all the NEW PS3 GAMES and PS4 coming out THIS YEAR! its not going to look so good for the SONY SALES..unless they drop a MUST HAVE GAME..like NEW GOD OF WAR, UNCHARTED or SYPHON FILTER game..THEN EVERYTHING WILL CHANGE..until then..im just going to enjoy SAINTS ROW 4 and GTA5 till there are no more PS3 games left. I was dissapointed that GT6 was for PS3..smh that game for the PS4 wouldve kinda changed my mind about waiting to buy a PS4 next year in the summer..but whatevs..ima just get Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes for PSV and Fight Night Champion for my PS3 ;)

+ RicanV on July 8th, 2013 at 1:13 pm said:

Thanks for the update, was looking forward to adding Oddworld to my library. Played Abe’s Oddysee a long time ago, so I will enjoy this one. I will also be picking up Simpsons Arcade, X-Men,Lego Batman 2, Lego Pirates and Alice. I used to think my 500GB upgrade would be enough but that number is rapidly dwindling.

+ Ryumoau on July 8th, 2013 at 1:14 pm said:

@41 they aren’t that nice to give us both versions as a cross buy.

+ venneer on July 8th, 2013 at 1:19 pm said:

Goddamn… Bringing on the discounts. Loving it. At 4 bucks, might have to finally snatch Alice: Madness Returns. Maybe even some Lego Batman. Very nice discounts. Keep them coming!

+ destinyboyx on July 8th, 2013 at 1:25 pm said:

Any chance Kingdoms of Amalur is gonna join the IGC for North America PSN Plus sometime soon?

+ TinCannEd on July 8th, 2013 at 1:26 pm said:

Hey + biocros, Tokyo Jungle was 50% off back in December. That’s when i picked it up.

+ Mando44646 on July 8th, 2013 at 1:26 pm said:

Im actually really disappointed Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee HD isnt free on Vita – I would have much preferred that since my Vita is really hurting for games right now :(

+ TinCannEd on July 8th, 2013 at 1:29 pm said:

@41 – Sorry to say hartbrek310, that Lego Batman 2 is not a cross-buy title. You would have to buy both: $7.50 (PS3) & $5 (Vita).

PAGE 1 2 3 5