PS4 - Transistor

PlayStation Plus: Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee HD Free for PS Plus Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Jul 08, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Last week, we kicked off July by adding the critically acclaimed first-person shooter Battlefield 3 to the Instant Game Collection. PlayStation Plus members also received a deeper discount on our new Summer Blast sale, which offers up some compelling discounts — up to 80% off–on some of the best in gaming on the PlayStation Store.

For this week, we’re happy to unveil that Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee HD is free for PlayStation Plus members. We’ve also got the final week of the Summer Blast 2013 sale, so without further ado, let’s get into this week’s offerings.

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

July 8th PlayStation Plus Update

Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee HD (PS3)

PSN Price: $9.99, Free for PS Plus members

Oddworld Munch's Oddysee HD
It’s up to you to help guide Munch in efforts to rescue fellow test creatures. These critters will be forever loyal to Munch and in turn enable his escape. Once free, Munch teams up with Abe and together they are guided by the wisdom of the Almighty Raisin. They are informed as to how to accomplish their goals, but in order to do so, they must work together. For Munch, his dream is to bring back his species from the brink of extinction. For Abe, it is to rescue his Mudokon buddies.
Summer Blast 2013 Sale (PS3)

Various Discounts

Summer Blast
It’s week two of this year’s Summer Blast sale and we’ve got more games to deliver at incredible prices including hits such as Hitman Trilogy HD and Just Cause 2. Check out the full list below!

Discounts

Lego Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Video Game $19.99 $9.99 $5.00
Just Cause 2 $19.99 $9.99 $7.99
Prince Of Persia Classic Trilogy HD $39.99 $15.99 $8.00
Tron Evolution $19.99 $7.99 $4.00
Alice: Madness Returns $19.99 $7.99 $4.00
Fight Night Champion $29.99 $11.99 $6.00

Last Chance (Leaving on 7/16)

Instant Game Collection

Lego Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Video Game
Just Cause 2
Prince Of Persia Classic Trilogy HD
Tron Evolution
Alice: Madness Returns
Fight Night Champion

You’ll find all the goodies above with their Plus benefits active when the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow. We’ll be back next week with more details on the game arriving to the Instant Game Collection as well as any other benefits we can share.

If you’ve got feedback or thoughts on today’s Plus update, leave them below, or, if you’re looking to engage with more of the PS community, make sure you head over to the PlayStation Community to discuss this week’s news more, find other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 7-9-2013

+ Viewtiful_Gene on July 8th, 2013 at 6:22 pm said:

Hell yeah! Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee!
Best PS+ content of the month right there!

+ duke301 on July 8th, 2013 at 6:26 pm said:

@94, Definitely pick up Arkham Asylum. It is probably the best Batman-based game around, except for Arkham City, that is.

+ jgramos on July 8th, 2013 at 6:28 pm said:

Morgan, a lot of Vita users are unable to download any of the stuff being offered for the Vita. There is a huge thread on the Community Forum, here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Vita-Support/Perpetual-quot-Preparing-to-download-quot-after-firmware-update/m-p/40107027#U40107027

The thread has 11 pages already and nobody from Sony said anything about his yet. So, it is kind of pointless to offer content for the Vita if we are unable to get it. Would you be able to forward this message to someone who could take a closer look at this issue?

Thank you!

+ Lefoul-123 on July 8th, 2013 at 6:33 pm said:

I bougth batman for 5 and until now is a pretty good game.

+ WhiskerSTARS on July 8th, 2013 at 6:44 pm said:

Can’t wait to check out the Prince of Persia trilogy at $8, I loved the first one back in the day, didn’t care too much for the others though so $8 is perfect! Also picked up Shadow of the Colossus last week. Great deals. Also really excited to play Oddworld, haven’t played one of these games since the PS1.

+ SpooNManX on July 8th, 2013 at 6:46 pm said:

“Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes $29.99 $14.99 $7.50″
“Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes $19.99 $9.99 $5.00″

Eh?… hmm… I’ll take the cheaper one I guess.

+ SnowMan2989 on July 8th, 2013 at 6:57 pm said:

Thank you Sony for the awesome free games and discounts can’t wait to pick up fight night champion tomorrow once again thank you Sony

+ MarkakaJin on July 8th, 2013 at 7:11 pm said:

All I’m aiming at is Alice: Madness Returns. I tried out the game as a free trial and I didn’t expect how good it was. Well, at least to me. I wonder if I can still get the first game when I purchase Alice: Madness Returns…

+ thebgj on July 8th, 2013 at 7:11 pm said:

@spoonNManX

I think one is for the Vita and the other is for the PS3

+ WICKEDGHOST187 on July 8th, 2013 at 7:12 pm said:

Hey Kristine I know this is not the place to ask you. But can we have a app on the IPAD iPhone so we can access the playstation store. and can we see playstation mobile games come to IOS

+ Skygazer_10 on July 8th, 2013 at 7:25 pm said:

Looking forward to playing oddworld on my ps3. I know this is out of topic but I would like to see movie discounts for ps plus subscribers!

+ GMFCO311 on July 8th, 2013 at 7:34 pm said:

Just curious as I’m new to PS+! Do I have to physically download the whole free PS+ games being offered in order to have them and play them in the future years down the road? Or can I just “free purchase them” and as long as they show up on my download list, is that good enough?

Only reason I ask is because I have already ran out of room on my HDD and I don’t want to delete and re-download games all night long. (hope I worded things to where it makes sense and someone understands, lol)

If anyone that knows that can answer this and know the answer for sure, that would be great and most helpful until I can get a bigger hard drive! :)

+ cancery1987 on July 8th, 2013 at 7:54 pm said:

Ewwwwwwwwwww !!! Nothing for PSvita +___+. So boring !

+ SpooNManX on July 8th, 2013 at 7:57 pm said:

Oddworld: Much’s Oddysee was the main reason I had bought an Xbox 1..Err ORIGINAL Xbox…
Great to see it here and looking so much nicer! :)

+ Investor9872 on July 8th, 2013 at 8:14 pm said:

I got all excited when someone here mentioned that Crysis is on sale this entire week for $5. But when I went to the PSN store, it was still listed at $19.99. Went back and looked at his post on the 2nd page, and he was talking about Crysis being on sale for the XBOX 360. Hopefully, Crysis will make the list here for $5 sometime in the near future as well.

+ Investor9872 on July 8th, 2013 at 8:18 pm said:

GMFCO311: Yes. You can just “free purchase” the Plus’ free games so that they can be placed on your download list. You can then download these “free” games anytime in the future when you have more room on your HDD as long as your Plus subscription is active.

+ oycomics on July 8th, 2013 at 8:24 pm said:

@111 – GMFCO311

Yes, as long as you “purchase” them, they’re yours to play; downloading them/keeping them on the HDD is not required. You can download, delete, re-download, and repeat to your heart’s content . . . at least till your ISP cuts you off for bandwidth overages, lol.

As long as PS+ exists you will have those games tied to your account, even if you let your membership lapse and renew later. Lately, I’ve been using the web store and “buying” them all, but only adding the ones I want to play right away to my download list.

+ oycomics on July 8th, 2013 at 8:34 pm said:

Awesome update! Last week I broke almost exactly even on my annual Plus membership just in savings on buying games . . . and it’s only July. Been wanting those particular LEGO games for awhile, so now it’s a true savings from here on out AND I still get free games.

+ Demonhunter84 on July 8th, 2013 at 8:37 pm said:

Getting Lego Batman 2, Lego Pirates of The Caribbean, and Lord of The Rings.

+ hazelcabug on July 8th, 2013 at 8:52 pm said:

NO LOVE FOR VITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again and again and again for million times, please change the person in-charge of picking the games for vita here or SOON many ps vita user will end the subscription and dump the vita to the trash can! I’m thinking of trading my vita to nintendo 3ds xl, nintendo gives so much love for nintendo players! SONY CAN’T EVEN PUT A DECENT GAME FOR SALE!

+ Draxido on July 8th, 2013 at 9:09 pm said:

As always, thank you for the games, but i need to ask if sony cared for those who dont have a PS3 and have a VITA instead? ps plus for PS3 is amazing but for cita its just okay… when we will se rayman origins as the EU etc, in the Summer discount, only Mortal kombat, Batman and Silent hill are for the vita… i know this is an amazing service…. for the PS3 owners, thank you !!

+ RK128 on July 8th, 2013 at 9:14 pm said:

I have to say the sales for the past two months have been really great; between the E3 Sale and the Summer Blast Sale, I got AC III: Liberation, Sound Shapes, Flower, Ratchet HD Collection, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, Shadow of the Colossus, and tomorrow Silent Hill Vita, Alice Madness Returns, Lego Batman 2 Vita and some other game, that’s a ton of games for around 40-60 dollars :)

I have to say you guys at Sony are doing a wonderful job with the PS Plus service between all the great free games and the huge discounts, and for giving me the most games I have ever had for a console a just got (Plus given me about 15-18 games for free by now :)). Keep up the great job and I cant wait for Gamescom for the inevitable huge Vita sale next month.

+ Senjutsu_Dav on July 8th, 2013 at 10:04 pm said:

Bought Mortal Kombat for 5$ (so cheap), and gonna get LotR: War in the North for 5$ too, and also Alice: Madness Returns for 4$.

What are those prices? So low, it’s almost impossible. I feel like I’m stealing the PSN, haha.

I wouldn’t have bought those games at full price, so they’ll still make more money this way. It’s a good idea since you can’t really go wrong at 5$. I mean, what can you get for 5$? A cappuccino?

+ RulitoCR on July 8th, 2013 at 10:26 pm said:

I’ll buy for sure The Simpsons Arcade Game, X-Men and Prince Of Persia Classic Trilogy HD!! And maybe some Lego game!

About Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee HD, I think that this is a little meh in comparison to Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee!

+ hazelcabug on July 8th, 2013 at 10:38 pm said:

In eu psn plus, from November 2012 till present, they are giving 2 free vita games a month for psn plus vita users. But here in NA psn plus, only 1 ps vita and 1 junk psp games? I bought vita to play vita games, I already dump my old psp because I had enough of playing psp games but now I’m wasting my money on psp? Why can’t NA do something about what EU did? I REGRETTED EVER in joining NA psn plus!

+ Duck5009 on July 8th, 2013 at 10:57 pm said:

Looks good, lots of games on sale that I don’t have yet, plan on getting a few.

+ iREVOLTER on July 8th, 2013 at 10:57 pm said:

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees! Oddworld Munch’s Oddysee HD is a the reason I’m thankful and excited about this month . Another wish for months to come, please add Oddworld Stranger’s Wrath into IGC , please and thank you.

+ wipeout1989 on July 8th, 2013 at 11:08 pm said:

I was wondering if you guys had any future plans for adding any of the Dead Space games to the Instant Game Collection?

+ honkayjeezus on July 8th, 2013 at 11:16 pm said:

I have never played an Oddworld game, I am amped.

That Prince of Persia Trilogy on sale is tempting.

+ djsaiyan on July 8th, 2013 at 11:45 pm said:

I have to upgrade my PS3 hard drive again. I have 17 GB left on my 750 GB (formatted to 698 of usable space, grrr) and I get the feeling that with my purchases and the PS+ update tomorrow, I’m going to get smacked with the insufficient hard drive space error.

1 TB, here I come!

+ YorlecmNwahs on July 8th, 2013 at 11:57 pm said:

Go to Google

Search “Let’s Get FlatOut Head On PS Vita Compatible”

Click on the first result.

Sign the petition please.

+ xGuUdAxCOAx on July 9th, 2013 at 12:07 am said:

psplus is great and essential…on that note jus having trouble deciding which games I wanna get with this summer sale. Its a great situation to be in thanks psplus

+ Getoutbichin on July 9th, 2013 at 12:23 am said:

i just bought ps+ on my b-day (July 1st), just to play free games, get free stuff and access to exclusive betas.
the only good games i could play was saints row 3 and thats all, i could not play uncharted 3 cause its 40GB.

what happened to ps+ ? i used to see good games there.

+ medenko1975 on July 9th, 2013 at 1:01 am said:

+ djsaiyan on July 8th, 2013 at 11:45 pm said:

1 TB, here I come!

How do you change it?

+ AizawaYuuichi on July 9th, 2013 at 1:37 am said:

To everyone complaining about no Vita games in the sale, Lego Batman 2 is on sale for both PS3 and Vita, and Silent Hill: Book of Memories is a Vita game. Two of the eighteen games on sale are Vita titles. Yeah, that’s not a lot, but when you compare the libraries of the two systems, it’s a pretty good ratio. The Vita doesn’t have that many games, and as long as Vita owners keep being cheap little whiners and won’t actually BUY the games they want, the situation won’t get any better.

+ Massive_13 on July 9th, 2013 at 1:49 am said:

I’d have to say, I’m very very surprise that PlayStation plus users weren’t given access to Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn beta… Unless they are gonna get it first when open beta starts or something…

+ CASHviLLe_615 on July 9th, 2013 at 2:41 am said:

sweet____ too bad i only have 60g …. ugh…. anyways i just recently renewed my subscription loving it soo far… thanks playstation

+ Fardeenah on July 9th, 2013 at 4:15 am said:

it sucks taht vita does not get some love and we have to wait at the end of the month for content. why cant it be like UK ps pluswhere they give all content at the start of the month for us to enjoy

+ KnightRid on July 9th, 2013 at 5:13 am said:

Sales are nice but why the inflated normal prices?

List price shows $29.99 for Hitman Trilogy HD at Amazon and sells for $19.99 right now, so it is still nice to save an extra $4 for Plus members but the pricing used makes it seem like a whole lot better deal than it really is.

I still do not get why digital downloads are not a good bit cheaper than buying the full box version. I have heard for years that the cost of packaging was driving the price of games up but it seems that was a lie since the digital downloads still are not any cheaper. Guess it was one of those things that sounded good at the time to make the pricing higher with justification of extra cost.

+ thelookey6 on July 9th, 2013 at 5:20 am said:

WE DO NOT WANT CRAPPY PSP GAMES FOR OUR VITA
WE DO NOT WANT CRAPPY PSP GAMES FOR OUR VITA
WE DO NOT WANT CRAPPY PSP GAMES FOR OUR VITA
WE DO NOT WANT CRAPPY PSP GAMES FOR OUR VITA
WE DO NOT WANT CRAPPY PSP GAMES FOR OUR VITA

+ Abuelo_RPG on July 9th, 2013 at 5:28 am said:

Always wanted to try this game. Great news.

+ DonkeyKongKilla on July 9th, 2013 at 5:29 am said:

I was gonna get the fight night champion mode for $5 but shoot the full game for $6 give me hah haven’t played a boxing game in years time to clear my memory up yepp yepp

+ Superstone on July 9th, 2013 at 5:39 am said:

Good update, keep the discounts coming. Why is the ps+ content on my download list multiple times now? Kind of a pain when downloading from the list.

+ MurkAssassin_21 on July 9th, 2013 at 6:27 am said:

Why is there 2 batman lego prices? which ones the right one?

+ Archelaous on July 9th, 2013 at 6:33 am said:

Still waiting for Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core on Vita! Make it happen, Sony!

+ oycomics on July 9th, 2013 at 6:57 am said:

For those asking about the two LEGO Batman prices . . .

The Normal Price for the PS3 version is $29.99 and the VITA version is $19.99, and unfortunately, it’s not a cross-buy game so it’s listed twice; methinks these sales charts need one more column to indicate the platform and/or if a game is cross-buy.

+ dilbert719 on July 9th, 2013 at 7:16 am said:

I think this is the first time I’ve been more interested in the discounts than the freebie, but X-Men and Simpsons Arcade? Yes please.

+ Baggin_ on July 9th, 2013 at 7:36 am said:

What time will all this be added to the ps store?

+ Baggin_ on July 9th, 2013 at 7:37 am said:

What time will all this be added to the store?

+ r7asmu7s on July 9th, 2013 at 8:03 am said:

is it me, or is the store still not updated ??