PS4 - Destiny

The Drop: Week of July 8th 2013 New Releases

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar + Posted by Rey Gutierrez on Jul 08, 2013 // Senior Social Media Specialist

Coming to PS3 this week from the critically acclaimed director Hideo Kojima, Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection offers the most complete Metal Gear Solid experience ever.

Featuring eight complete games, Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2, Metal Gear Solid 1, Metal Gear Solid 2: HD edition, Metal Gear Solid 3: HD edition Metal Gear Solid 4: Trophy Edition, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD edition, and Metal Gear Solid: VR missions along with two Ashley wood digital graphic.

The legacy collection offers Metal Gear and stealth action fans a chance to experience all the heroic game play, compelling design and immersive storytelling of the MGS franchise in one complete package. Enjoy this week’s The Drop.

1000px-Metal-Gear-Solid-The-Legacy-Collection

Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection

Celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Metal Gear Solid franchise, this PlayStation 3-exclusive package will include Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: HD Edition, Metal Gear Solid 3: HD Edition (which includes the original MSX versions of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2), Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Edition, Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions and Metal Gear Solid 4: Trophy Edition. In addition, the collection will also include two Ashley Wood digital graphic novels.

Binary Domain The Machine Age has begun in the immersive and atmospheric squad-based shooter Binary Domain. Regain control of a futuristic Tokyo from an emerging robotic threat in the year 2080. The story starts when Dan Marshall and his squad are sent to bring the robotic community under control as they begin to infiltrate society and slowly take over undetected, leaving humans redundant in their wake.

Binary_Domain_Squad

Fighting through the derelict lower levels of the city, players control an international peace-keeping squad that soon starts to question their surroundings and the choices they make. Are the robots becoming more human, or are humans becoming more like machines?

NCAA Football 14 (Also on PS3 Blu-ray) – NCAA Football 14 unlocks the unpredictability and innovation of the college game. The new physics-driven animation system and a completely re-engineered spread and read option game influence the outcome of every moment allowing you to stay true to the game.

1365823257-media

Aabs Animals (PS Vita) – Aabs Animals is a augmented reality pet simulator for the PlayStation Vita by Aabs Inc. It projects a virtual kitten onto the Vita’s camera image, and lets the player pet it using the touchscreen.

Coconut Dodge Revitalised (PS Vita) – Coconut Dodge came out at the turn of the decade and won plaudits and even mentions in Kotaku and IGN. It opened doors which we then pushed open even further with Velocity – which was inspired by many of the mechanics in Coconut Dodge. Unusually the game was popular with both guys and girls – that was particularly gratifying. (Read More: PSBlog EU)

timthumb

History: Legends of War: Patton (PS Vita / PS3) – In this epic turn-based strategy game you will follow the paths of General Patton during WWII, leading your troops to battle while traversing Western Europe’s devastated land. Gain prestige points and use them to enhance your army, acquiring advanced weapons and gear. Play through four different types of missions: Attack, Defense, Infiltration, and Sabotage. From the French beaches to Belgium, you will have to prove your worth as a member of Patton’s Third Army, and fight for victory!

lego-legends-of-chima

LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval’s Journey LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval’s Journey, players will embark on an amazing adventure into the world of Chima where the brave warrior Laval and his allies are called upon to fight for justice. Race to unlock the secret of the legendary triple-Chi armor before Cragger can manipulate its awesome power to threaten the balance of Chima itself! Laval and his allies will explore Lion Temple, Eagle Spire, Gorilla Forrest, Rhino Quary, Croc Swamp and more as they harness the power of Chi to leap, swing, fly and fight through 15 levels of intense action! Can Laval discover the truth behind the legend of the triple-Chi before it is too late?

Total Recoil (PS Vita) – Look lively soldier, grab your gear and fall in line for the biggest, baddest, craziest and most explosive war game to hit your screens and assault your senses. Total Recoil takes arcade shooters to the max, packing a deadly arsenal of kick-ass weapons, devastating explosions, mega bosses, and more.

Demos

PlayStation 2 Classic

Castle Shikigami 2 A war has begun between humanity and the demon gods of castle Shikigami in the skies of Tokyo. Can the heroes of legend return to defeat the nemesis of all mankind? The tools for defeating the gods are trapped within the very castle the demons reside. The hope of the world lies on the shoulders of these heroes; they must succeed or the world is no longer…

Dynasty Tactics 2 A tactical strategy game that uses characters from the Dynasty Warriors/Romance of the Three Kingdoms universe. A new tactical chain system, twice as many attacks, and a point-evaluation system are just a few of many additions from the previous title in the series.

[Editor’s Note: The following dates are subject to change. Game details are gathered from Press Releases, Retail Descriptions, from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating descriptions.]

83 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ aznexcav on July 8th, 2013 at 7:34 am said:

Nothing for me this week. I might give Metal Gear another try though.

+ viceforce on July 8th, 2013 at 7:37 am said:

Probably would get Metal Gear, I sold my MGS4 and need to redo them for Trophies also never had VR Missions. Nice to see another Dynasty Warriors type game up for classics. Can’t wait for the plus update.

+ zzamaro on July 8th, 2013 at 7:37 am said:

MGS VR missions is not coming to PSN this week? Weird. Since it’s a voucher, I thought it was going to be released on PSN this week.

+ Knightedrik on July 8th, 2013 at 7:38 am said:

Here’s hoping those deals this week are going to be stellar!

+ klassymike on July 8th, 2013 at 7:39 am said:

Binary Domain is an awesome third person shooter. Glad to see it’s finally making it’s way to the store!

+ SHOCKSITTO on July 8th, 2013 at 7:39 am said:

Cool mg legacy… btw:
Is there any possibility to have killer 7 in ps2 classics?

+ Ghostwize on July 8th, 2013 at 7:47 am said:

Better late than never! :P Would be great if prices could be included on The Drop. I know it might take an extra 5 minutes but seriously, it would be great. :D

+ Loco4FourLoko on July 8th, 2013 at 7:47 am said:

Oh god aab animals, I just read about this in the ps3t 2012 trophy awards. god does that game Sound stupid, it better only be 1.50.

+ icurafuse on July 8th, 2013 at 7:52 am said:

Incredible Vita week. Is LEGO Legends of Chima the Vita release?

+ Sulumon on July 8th, 2013 at 7:59 am said:

Many of us U.S. Vita owners are still anxiously awaiting playable versions of MGS Portable OPS and Acids 1&2! I already have all the games on the legacy collection in some form or another. Get talking to Konami and MAKE A MGS PORTABLE LEGACY BUNDLE HAPPEN!!! Those 3 games and the two Ashley Wood diginovels? I’d pay 15-25 bucks for that!!

+ leonskjti on July 8th, 2013 at 8:02 am said:

you guys have news about the DLCs soul sacrifice?
I love this game.. I need the dlcs!! We need!!

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on July 8th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

I really wish Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops was playable on Vita.

+ rightontargt4 on July 8th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

For all those interested in MGS Legacy, just be aware that not all games come on discs and are included on vouchers. I believe the discs are the MGS HD Collection and MGS4 discs with a different label, and vouchers for MGS1, and possibly the other 2 MG games. (may be included on one of the discs however.)

I thought everything was going to be on one or two discs and that dissuaded me from buying this since I already own the rest, so just a word to the collectors out there.

+ johnnyp70 on July 8th, 2013 at 8:09 am said:

Not much here for me this week, but week 2 of the Summer Blast sale looks ok. Lego Batman 2 for both systems at sweet prices! It will also be interesting to see Binary Domain’s price point. Maybe I will grab that too.

+ PainOfSarrow on July 8th, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

all corny stuff. i wonder when stealth bastard will come to psn this summer. hope a level editor is included. anyways yup nothing interesting to spend my money on this time.

+ Ryumoau on July 8th, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

sigh…nothing good this week at all. Hopefully Dynasty Warriors 8 will be digital next tuesday.

+ Sonicfan11589 on July 8th, 2013 at 8:27 am said:

If u could answer, Sonic Heroes and Haunting Ground were rated by ESRB for PS3, any updates on those?

+ TerraAshura on July 8th, 2013 at 8:30 am said:

@10 it’s not going to happen the way you’re thinking it’s going to. All these games were noted to be official, canon, and made by Kojima. The AC!D games weren’t canon in any way, shape, or form, and Portable Ops, while canon, wasn’t directly overseen by Kojima and he was merely an advisor. That said, because it IS still canon, I would love Portable Ops on the Vita sooner rather than later.

+ FullMetalDoctor on July 8th, 2013 at 8:37 am said:

Don’t know why but that picture of Rey Gutierrez rubs me the wrong way…….. Actually I know why but I’ll just keep it to myself.

+ IIL0YDII on July 8th, 2013 at 8:55 am said:

CRASH BANDICOOT AND SPYRO FOR PS VITA!

+ wanderingwaste on July 8th, 2013 at 8:58 am said:

Hi, this is my first time posting here! I would like to ask – is Legends of War Patton’s Campaign being released both physically and digitally for Region 1? Because right now Legends of War is only available in Europe.. Need your help. Thanks!

+ Stranger_Eddie on July 8th, 2013 at 8:59 am said:

Let´s talk about PS Vita:

- History: Legends of War: Patton…. PORT… OK, the game is good!
- Total Recoil: Android phone game!
- Coconut Dodge Revitalised: Phone game (one more time, but now with Trophies)!

- Aabs Animals: PS Vita Exclusive…. Just turn on the game during 315 seconds and do NOTHING to win all trophies…

VERY GOOD!

PORTS VS The Real amazing Vita games promises are dying! R.I.P. Warriors Lair!

+ Mando44646 on July 8th, 2013 at 9:02 am said:

Vita has a long list yet somehow still nothing of interest :/

+ Teflon02 on July 8th, 2013 at 9:05 am said:

Crash Bandicoot Series, Spyro Series or FFV on PS Vita?
smh, are they really going to go a …. Year without Crash, Spyro and FFV on Vita!? While everywhere else gets to play them!!
Can we PLEASE get those already, I’m getting soo frustrated. Crash Bandicoot 2 and CTR are 2 games I specifically wanted to play on Vita and those games are really not supported on it a year and half later basically!!

+ GRIM__REAFER on July 8th, 2013 at 9:13 am said:

NCAA looked real while I was scrolling down

+ CrusaderForever on July 8th, 2013 at 9:15 am said:

Cool, I was wondering when LEGO Legends of Chima was going to hit the PSN. Already bought it retail and it’s a great original LEGO game! I highly recommend it.

+ hawjboi2009 on July 8th, 2013 at 9:23 am said:

Hey GRIM__REAFER, NCAA Football 14 is good but defense has serious problem like Secondary can’t cover good and give up alot yard .. i don’t think it worth buy 60 dollar

+ purse317 on July 8th, 2013 at 9:30 am said:

I want to know why does the PlayStation summer blast sale not come close to equaling what Microsoft is offering. Why couldn’t Sony go out and procure those great deals for on more recent AAA titles instead of games I’ve brought previously during other sales (usually).

Star Trek and the Fast and Furious seriously are you kidding me.

+ Lefoul-123 on July 8th, 2013 at 9:30 am said:

Does this mean its a digital release of mgs4, if so how many gbs it is?

+ ps_n_blog_ac on July 8th, 2013 at 9:32 am said:

Are you guys going to release more PSP titles on the vita? i feel like playing obscure once again… (had it for the wii)

+ AsahiSeth on July 8th, 2013 at 9:51 am said:

Neat, Dynasty Tactics. I bought this way back when and never got to play it due t backlog. I traded it off years ago but heard it was good. Shikagami was also a pretty fun shooter for those who like that sort of thing.

+ CrusaderForever on July 8th, 2013 at 9:54 am said:

@9
LEGO Legends of Chima is only for the Vita and 3DS:

+ hawjboi2009 on July 8th, 2013 at 9:59 am said:

Lefoul-123.. no it won’t be digital release tomorrow.. PSN Store already have peace walker, 2 and 3

+ Merculus on July 8th, 2013 at 10:18 am said:

Would like to see Megaman X Collection for PS2 on there

+ DarkStar83x on July 8th, 2013 at 10:26 am said:

Eh, I’ll be getting games in the sale this week.

+ Ryumoau on July 8th, 2013 at 10:31 am said:

@19 lol why does he rub you the wrong way?

@28 yeah it sucks they don’t do a better job of either looking though their inventory in the psn store and pricing older games reasonably, or having REAL sales on games that make them cheaper than they are at retail.

+ SpaceOddity87 on July 8th, 2013 at 10:53 am said:

I already own everything in the Metal Gear Collection except for the VR missions, and nothing much else interests me, but hopefully there will be some good sales this week at least.

+ KongWen on July 8th, 2013 at 10:58 am said:

Nice, Dynasty Tactics 2 has actually been on my wishlist for a while. That’s enough for me this week.

+ Transporter47 on July 8th, 2013 at 10:59 am said:

When can we get Fatal Frame II Crimson Butterfly then Fatal Frame III plz i love the series just make it happen : )

+ derb on July 8th, 2013 at 11:07 am said:

MGS must be over 70GB

+ neuropunk on July 8th, 2013 at 11:26 am said:

Lazy hippies must work for Sony since you guys cannot seem to stay consistent with updates and The Drop.

I guess that isn’t surprising with it taking you guys nearly 2 months during the CollaPS3 (when PSN was hacked) to get the store up and running again. Sony seriously needs to hire people who know what the hell they’re doing, and stick to a consistent schedule.

Can’t count on The Drop being posted on Sundays, and you cannot count on the store being updated at a specific time on Tuesdays. Not sure why a specific time for a store update is too much to ask for. Hell, you guys can’t even make an alphabetical sorting order for the games I have downloaded in my XMB. I cannot sort my demos and games by alphabet (not talking about store download list), yet trophies are alphabetically sorted, and then there is also no way to sort the store download list either.

I mean, seriously, I would make a much better employee than you lazy hippies.

+ BossmanCCrowder1 on July 8th, 2013 at 11:44 am said:

Nothing for me this week. I would pick up the Legacy Collection, but I already have all the games.

+ onslaughtree on July 8th, 2013 at 11:46 am said:

Getting Total Recoil Tomorrow….. Vita Love.

+ ALARM-cIock on July 8th, 2013 at 11:51 am said:

Please make Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops compatible on the US region Vita. That is all.

+ SeanStrange on July 8th, 2013 at 11:55 am said:

Eh, nothing for me this week. Can’t wait for next week though! Dynasty Warriors 8 here I come!

Also, I’ve been wondering. Is Dragon’s Crown having a digital release? I’d really want to pick up a digital copy since my local EB Games ACTUALLY sold out on the pre-orders.. (Who knew??)

+ djsaiyan on July 8th, 2013 at 11:56 am said:

Binary Domain is a great game. Totally worth it (provided the digital version is priced well, the disc can currently be had for under $20).

+ Hayterfan on July 8th, 2013 at 12:03 pm said:

Where is Capcom VS SNK 2, Capcom themselves said it would hit the U.S PSN store back in April

+ Hayterfan on July 8th, 2013 at 12:04 pm said:

@39 Fatal Frame 2 was on the Store for awhile, hell I paid for it, but for some reason it has disappeared like a ghost, I asked about it a few weeks ago but never got an answer back

+ Welmosca on July 8th, 2013 at 12:15 pm said:

Nothing for me…although I’m drooling for MGS Legacy…its not for me….I already have all the MGS games….glad to see Binary Domain going digital….maybe we’ll see for free on Plus…that would be very welcome ya hear me Sony.

+ nevik77 on July 8th, 2013 at 12:23 pm said:

Any news on the Summer Sale this week? I bought Mortal Kombat this week. The game is awesome…

PAGE 1 2