Driveclub

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2: SD vs HD Video, Pre-Order for Art Book Edition

Luke Icenhower's Avatar + Posted by Luke Icenhower on Jul 09, 2013 // Marketing Coordinator, Square Enix

Hey everybody! I know you’re all excited about FINAL FANTASY X|X-2 HD Remaster, so it brings me great joy to announce that, in very limited quantities, those who pre-order the game on PlayStation 3 for $39.99 will receive a free upgrade to the Limited Edition art book package!

I’ll go ahead and wait for you to stop jumping up and down or tweeting your friends.

Now on to the fun part! We’re offering you several pieces of original concept art from the early development phases of FINAL FANTASY X and X-2 over ten years ago, lovingly bound in a beautiful 24-page art book package. I mean, just look at that thing! It’s so… gorgeous…

Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD Remaster Limited Edition Art Book

But that’s not all! We’ve also gathered quotes and commentary from several of the original development team members, including a special message to you, the fans, from Producer Yoshinori Kitase himself!

In case you’re not in the know, FINAL FANTASY X|X-2 HD Remaster will be available on PS3 for $39.99 and includes the original FINAL FANTASY X and FINAL FANTASY X-2 from PlayStation 2, on the same disc and remastered in gorgeous High Definition. These are based on the International Versions of the game which were previously only released in Japan and Europe, and you won’t have to wait long because it’s coming to you soon!

Pre-order now for your free upgrade to the Limited Edition art book package, and follow us on Facebook for the latest information hot off the press!

Now feel free to resume your up/down jumping and, what the hey, go ahead and tweet your friends too. ;)

PAGE 1 2 3

+ RidleysBox on July 9th, 2013 at 5:08 am said:

One more reason to look forward to this =)

+ Rasenore on July 9th, 2013 at 5:10 am said:

One thing that I’ve noticed in recent trailers that contain English voice acting is that the voice acting seems different. Can you confirm whether or not they have been re-dubbed? Or will it still be using the same voice assets from the original releases, and the re-dubbing was just a trailer thing?

+ DrROBschiz on July 9th, 2013 at 5:11 am said:

Soooooooo

Whats going on with the Vita Versions?

Those are still coming right?

Luke Icenhower's Avatar

+ Luke Icenhower on July 9th, 2013 at 10:10 am said:

Vita versions are still coming! Look forward to more information on those in the near future.

+ Fardeenah on July 9th, 2013 at 5:17 am said:

what about pre ordering and pricing for the vita version? and how about a release date for the game

+ bldudas on July 9th, 2013 at 5:21 am said:

I have had my copy pre-ordered for a while now. This art book will be great.
But no release date. :(

+ Imphobia on July 9th, 2013 at 5:22 am said:

@2 I’m pretty sure i read somewhere the voice acting was also redone
Sadly for me no release date = no pre-order, so hurry up and tell us when it will be released already!

+ Abuelo_RPG on July 9th, 2013 at 5:22 am said:

This is great news. Two of the games I’m most excited about are now including a very nice art book in the preorder. I can’t wait.

+ schmidt22 on July 9th, 2013 at 5:27 am said:

Please tell me that this LE copy is available at gamestop! I already pre ordered it at the one near me, and if it isn’t, i gotta cancel it and pre order thru amazon

Luke Icenhower's Avatar

+ Luke Icenhower on July 9th, 2013 at 10:12 am said:

GameStop is indeed a qualifying retailer.

+ RPGCrazied on July 9th, 2013 at 5:32 am said:

Release date?!? When they showed the artbook for Kingdom Hearts ReMix, it had a release date. This still doesn’t. :(

Luke Icenhower's Avatar

+ Luke Icenhower on July 9th, 2013 at 10:12 am said:

Please stay tuned, we’ll be announcing more information very soon!

+ MakoSOLIDER on July 9th, 2013 at 5:34 am said:

Can we purchase them separately for half price each off PSN on day one?

+ quinten488 on July 9th, 2013 at 5:35 am said:

Great!

+ cloud73 on July 9th, 2013 at 5:43 am said:

Thanks for this. Kingdom hearts remix and this game will have an art book now. I hope we get a release date soon.

+ iriihutoR84 on July 9th, 2013 at 5:46 am said:

Please make a physical version for the Vita games.

+ Monterossa on July 9th, 2013 at 5:47 am said:

AWESOME!!

This is better than XV, the Emo Fantasy XV.

+ VinzClortho37 on July 9th, 2013 at 5:50 am said:

Nice! A preorder bonus! One I’ll probably miss out on because I refuse to preorder ANYTHING without a hard release date!

+ Mister-Nep on July 9th, 2013 at 5:52 am said:

What happened to the Vita version? I can’t even find it for pre-order anymore.

+ SomecallmeBerto on July 9th, 2013 at 5:58 am said:

Day one day!!!!!

+ erapago on July 9th, 2013 at 5:59 am said:

Give Tidus his tan back.

+ Mando44646 on July 9th, 2013 at 6:15 am said:

So those of us who support Vita are screwed? Way not to incentive supporting your handheld Sony

+ Saiyan1337 on July 9th, 2013 at 6:17 am said:

Just to confirm, if we preordered this June 2, we will get the art book and stuff right? Im sure we will but I just want to be sure :D

Lolz erapago :P

It seems amazon is still standing by… “This item will be released on December 31, 2013.” <- That….well for the US peeps anyway. Europe gets it earlier, like in September, I think…
That's just as close as we will get to a release date :)

Luke Icenhower's Avatar

+ Luke Icenhower on July 9th, 2013 at 10:16 am said:

You should be OK if you pre-ordered from a participating retailer. GameStop, Amazon, Best Buy, EB Games, to name a few.

+ BlueRobotX on July 9th, 2013 at 6:19 am said:

What about the Vita versions, I’ve read that they will be on two separate game cards, will I have to buy each of the Vita versions separately or will there be a bundle?

+ Walkd on July 9th, 2013 at 6:27 am said:

This was my favorite Final Fantasy. Looking forward to picking this up again.

+ oycomics on July 9th, 2013 at 6:27 am said:

So . . . how about a release date? My summer budget is on a thin edge as it is. But for this, I might make be able to rearrange some things . . . but not without knowing what timeframe to rearrange for.

Simple formula for this (or any game): no release date = no pre-order

Also, is this going to be a Day One Digital release? Any chance for a digital version of the art book? I’ve shifted to almost 100% digital in the last year or so; can’t even remember the last PS3 disc I purchased. I’d make an exception for something like this, but the less stuff taking up room in my house the better.

+ HanGlacy on July 9th, 2013 at 6:27 am said:

Really its unfair! Ps vita separate card with no le pre ordered bonus!!! Hey! you guys forgot ps vita? Come on!

+ KazeEternal on July 9th, 2013 at 6:29 am said:

Awesome, but what about the Vita versions?

Release Date?

Will there be any special offers for people who buy the vita versions and the PS3 versions at the same time?

Will Square Enix ever take the time to answer comments on the PS Blog?

Luke Icenhower's Avatar

+ Luke Icenhower on July 9th, 2013 at 10:18 am said:

For you, KazeEternal, we will take the time. :)

Please stay tuned for more information on release date and Vita.

+ snakeeyes211 on July 9th, 2013 at 6:41 am said:

I hope you spend as much time fixing the actual games graphics as you did the cut scenes

+ snakeeyes211 on July 9th, 2013 at 6:42 am said:

I hope you spend as much time fixing the actual ingame graphics as you did the cut scenes

+ akisuo on July 9th, 2013 at 6:56 am said:

What about the Vita versions? Any new about it being cross buy? I know it was stated somewhere that it wasn’t, but I hope that has changed. Or at least have the Vita versions bundled together instead of separate.

+ XeahuleXolic on July 9th, 2013 at 6:59 am said:

Sweet!! I can’t wait to have this

+ Zionine on July 9th, 2013 at 7:08 am said:

Can’t wait to pick this up.. and add me to the number of people who would love a FFXII HD Remake! :) I never got a chance to get through on the PS2 version and the Vita will give me the perfect mobility and playability :)

+ Zionine on July 9th, 2013 at 7:10 am said:

I wanna second the voices saying please let there be a cross-buy option!
I’ll gladly pay 50-60$ for all of the versions, FFX/2 – Vita and PS3 versions. :) Thanks!

+ razsam on July 9th, 2013 at 7:16 am said:

Hi, That link goes to amazon but in the item I can’t see the description of the art book why???

+ SquareSide on July 9th, 2013 at 7:19 am said:

Japanese Voice Track option on US version… can I haz? CAN I HAZ?!

+ Tidusfanboy on July 9th, 2013 at 7:21 am said:

Glad to hear again about International version but one thing: Does this include the Eternal Calm video and Last Mission? I don’t see why those would be cut as they’re pretty important parts of the story, but hoping for confirmation.

+ ToFeY on July 9th, 2013 at 7:26 am said:

OMG please give a release date already!!

Luke Icenhower's Avatar

+ Luke Icenhower on July 9th, 2013 at 10:21 am said:

Stay tuned! More information to come very soon.

+ Illumina-XIV on July 9th, 2013 at 7:27 am said:

Luke, I have a question for you: will the game disc come in a separate case like the EU version, or will it come in the art book like the Hitman HD collection? Us collectors need to know these things. :)

Luke Icenhower's Avatar

+ Luke Icenhower on July 9th, 2013 at 10:22 am said:

Hitman Trilogy is an accurate comparison.

+ ToFeY on July 9th, 2013 at 7:29 am said:

how long is soon?? i seriously can’t wait for this collection <33

+ ragnarok_weapon on July 9th, 2013 at 7:30 am said:

Already pre ordered. Just need a release date now, Hopefully before November?

+ Raquor on July 9th, 2013 at 7:31 am said:

How about the Vita version? I get the two game cards thing but the cases are plenty big enough for two game cards! Or shrink wrap them together! Or announce remote play for the PS3 version. Give us something. The Vita is languishing in a sea of empty game cases…give us a ray of hope please!

+ Destinys_Memory on July 9th, 2013 at 7:38 am said:

Will the LE upgrade apply to existing Amazon pre-orders or do we have to cancel and reorder? No mention of the offer on Amazon. Clarification, please.

Luke Icenhower's Avatar

+ Luke Icenhower on July 9th, 2013 at 10:34 am said:

Amazon pre-ordered do indeed qualify for the LE. Their page will be updated soon!

+ PrinceofXIII on July 9th, 2013 at 7:40 am said:

so it really is International version? not just FFX, but also FFX-2′s Last Mission as well(which was only japanese?)

and yes JPN audio please!!!

they can pretty much fit it in blu ray!!

+ PrinceofXIII on July 9th, 2013 at 7:40 am said:

btw thanks again for the redone models!!

they look amazing as hell!!

as for new costumes, why not Dissidia Tidus Costume or Yuna’s Wedding Dress and White Outfit?? :)

+ zzamaro on July 9th, 2013 at 7:40 am said:

We the People want cross-buy.

+ ToFeY on July 9th, 2013 at 7:42 am said:

i’d like some FFX/X-2 avatars when the collection comes out :) YES PLEASE

+ h_pacheco on July 9th, 2013 at 7:51 am said:

WOW! as a fan i really appreciate it and wanted to say thanks!
i will definitely buy it!!!

+ MakoSOLIDER on July 9th, 2013 at 8:01 am said:

How will the trophies work? Are we looking at two platinums and can we transfer trophies?

+ jonnyzombieboy on July 9th, 2013 at 8:02 am said:

Add me to the apparent MOB OF PEOPLE wondering about the Vita version. Why does the official website now only have a pre-order link for the ps3 version? When this was announced it was announced as a Vita title, and now that’s starting to disappear? Vita is awesome but it seriously needs more AAA titles; please don’t sweep this awesome handheld under the rug!!!

+ rscayab2064 on July 9th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

So what about the vita version? no artbooks??

No offense but im gonna buy this for the vita not for the ps3.

Also the vita sales of this game is sure to be a hit rather than the ps3 because THE FFX/X2 IN A HANDHELD CONSOLE, you can play it anywhere, just WOW.

owel i guess u knew that already so u have dcded to put the artbook in the ps3 to boost the sales of the ps3 version,lol.

+ Shoulor on July 9th, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

any way to be sure on amazon that i will get the LE version? as of now the website gives no mention of it and i feel now that i definitely need this art book if its a free upgrade from the regular preorder

+ martinirage1 on July 9th, 2013 at 8:25 am said:

Why was there no mention of the Vita version? I would rather buy this on the vita. Shame that it’s only FF 10 on the vita and not bundled together with 10-2 like the ps3 version. Hope its cheaper

PAGE 1 2 3