Uncharted 4

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2: SD vs HD Video, Pre-Order for Art Book Edition

Luke Icenhower's Avatar + Posted by Luke Icenhower on Jul 09, 2013 // Marketing Coordinator, Square Enix

Hey everybody! I know you’re all excited about FINAL FANTASY X|X-2 HD Remaster, so it brings me great joy to announce that, in very limited quantities, those who pre-order the game on PlayStation 3 for $39.99 will receive a free upgrade to the Limited Edition art book package!

I’ll go ahead and wait for you to stop jumping up and down or tweeting your friends.

Now on to the fun part! We’re offering you several pieces of original concept art from the early development phases of FINAL FANTASY X and X-2 over ten years ago, lovingly bound in a beautiful 24-page art book package. I mean, just look at that thing! It’s so… gorgeous…

Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD Remaster Limited Edition Art Book

But that’s not all! We’ve also gathered quotes and commentary from several of the original development team members, including a special message to you, the fans, from Producer Yoshinori Kitase himself!

In case you’re not in the know, FINAL FANTASY X|X-2 HD Remaster will be available on PS3 for $39.99 and includes the original FINAL FANTASY X and FINAL FANTASY X-2 from PlayStation 2, on the same disc and remastered in gorgeous High Definition. These are based on the International Versions of the game which were previously only released in Japan and Europe, and you won’t have to wait long because it’s coming to you soon!

Pre-order now for your free upgrade to the Limited Edition art book package, and follow us on Facebook for the latest information hot off the press!

Now feel free to resume your up/down jumping and, what the hey, go ahead and tweet your friends too. ;)

+ D-Squad3 on July 9th, 2013 at 8:26 am said:

How about putting a Final Fantasy character in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale?

+ martinirage1 on July 9th, 2013 at 8:26 am said:

@43 Cross-buy would be amazing. Make it so!

+ shuaDove on July 9th, 2013 at 8:43 am said:

Very, very happy about this! I’m buying both the PS3 & Vita versions.

For those of you who don’t know, Square-Enix has pretty much stated (although not confirmed) that the Vita version will be digital only due to the size of each game. Cross-save has been confirmed, but I highly doubt cross-buy will be offered.

+ artistathand on July 9th, 2013 at 9:05 am said:

Shut up and take my money!

+ Vcheese on July 9th, 2013 at 9:10 am said:

you should give more love to the vita version!

+ SamuelSpade on July 9th, 2013 at 9:17 am said:

@53 shuadove I hope that’s not the case, large file size means we’ll have to buy another memory card for just these 2 games! I’m not happy about that option. I’d rather pay $50.00 for both physical copies on a card. Show my Vita some respect!

+ pankur on July 9th, 2013 at 9:31 am said:

in amazon link didnt say anything about the artbook yet :( i will preorder when the notification of the upgrade appears…

+ mixedkidbx on July 9th, 2013 at 9:49 am said:

I was going to get this to replay from many years ago, BUT since you took so long with it i will now already be to busy with FFXIV ARR :D

+ Rezolution77 on July 9th, 2013 at 9:51 am said:

One of the few Final Fantasies, I did not have much an interest to play.

After a preview like that though, I hope it gets reduced eventually, and I may just have to play it.

If I had money to donate though , Square Enix is definitely a storybook leader, of hopes and dreams.

+ Rezolution77 on July 9th, 2013 at 9:52 am said:

And on a Vita!!!???

Hope you give us plus members ,and download supporters, a nice price break.

+ antibolo on July 9th, 2013 at 9:53 am said:

Couldn’t care less about the PS3 pre-order. do we still get the Vita version or are you going to pull a Sega on us??

+ shuaDove on July 9th, 2013 at 9:54 am said:

@56 SamuelSpade

I agree. I’d rather own physical copies of both games, so hopefully Square-Enix comes out and surprises everyone by announcing physical copies. However, they did say a few months ago that, ” we can’t fit both games on a single PS Vita game card.”

Note game, not memory card. This means that a digital-only release saves Square-Enix the cost of physical distributions of two games. This should ultimately make the Vita MSRP close/the same as the $40 PS3 MSRP, but we’ll have to wait and see.

Fingers crossed for physical copies, but it’s not looking very promising.

+ Rezolution77 on July 9th, 2013 at 9:54 am said:

We seriously need some better priced memory cards though.

If I have to pay $100 for memory, I would it rather be on much bigger than 32gb.

+ IIL0YDII on July 9th, 2013 at 10:01 am said:

Sold seperatly on PS Vita while PS3 version of FF X-2 is free,thanks guys for that I’ll be sure to not buy it until its equal.

+ idn86i on July 9th, 2013 at 10:19 am said:

What! I thought this was for the Vita version as well.

+ Sonicfan11589 on July 9th, 2013 at 10:27 am said:

I’m sure the answer is yes but will FFX and FFX-2 contain separate trophy lists complete with a platinum trophy for each one?

Also Cross Buy possibilities? I KNOW there are Cross Saves

It might be too early, can we expect a PSN version of PS3 FFX and FFX-2?

Will the Vita versions since they are being sold separately be a little more pricey than the PS3 version?
(I DON’T mind paying $30 for each game for Vita)

+ Sonicfan11589 on July 9th, 2013 at 10:30 am said:

Sorry for the 1,000 questions.

But if u can answer these as well:

-Will the Vita versions have retail copies? If they are on PSN, how big will the memory space be?

THANK U SO MUCH FOR BRINGING THESE 2 GAMES TO VITA AND PS3!

Also could the 30 minute episode at the end of the 2 games could POSSIBLY hint at a FFX-3?

+ Sonicfan11589 on July 9th, 2013 at 10:33 am said:

ONE MORE QUESTION/REQUEST I PROMISE:

PLEASE PLEASE CONSIDER A PS VITA BUNDLE, I WOULD LOVE TO GET MY OLDER BROTHER A VITA WITH THESE 2 GAMES, HE LOVES FINAL FANTASY AND TRAVELS AROUND THE WORLD ALL THE TIME, SO I WANT HIM TO HAVE SOMETHING HE CAN TAKE WITH HIM AND PLAY ANYWHERE.

+ passivefamiliar on July 9th, 2013 at 10:44 am said:

What about a digital pre-order? Does it have special edition options too? I doubt it considering the setup. But doesn’t hurt to ask. I’m not looking for dlc. Or handouts. But I tend to lean on digital purchases. But, if there is no option. Hardcopy ahoy. These are the best kinds of deals. No extra money need be spent to gain more for your money and its a game most of us know is worth the money, no doubt.,

+ CalamityXI on July 9th, 2013 at 10:47 am said:

At the beginning it says “Final product will be in English”. Will we have the option to switch the voice’s to the original Japanese audio?

+ Senjutsu_Dav on July 9th, 2013 at 10:53 am said:

The colors on the SD version are hotter, while HD have colder colors. I prefer the colors of the SD version, but like the HD revision for the details. I’ll surely buy this game anyway since it’s the international version, with dark aeons. I already put 123 hours in FFX on PS2 to get the ultimate boss (with like 45k HP for Tidus, haha). Really good game.

+ Sevyne on July 9th, 2013 at 11:35 am said:

So the PS3 version gets both games AND some other freebies for $40, but the Vita one will likely be the more expensive one overall after getting both games separately and you’ll get less for the cost? Yeah, that sounds fantastic. I had no intention of getting the PS3 version regardless, but with your blatant abuse against Vita owners I think I’ll skip that one too. You don’t deserve my money.

+ Zeruel36 on July 9th, 2013 at 11:43 am said:

Sigh, lack of Vita info tells me they will pull a ZOE and hope people forget about it once PS3 version hits. Either that or it will be digital only and released at a later date. I sadly just don’t see them releasing 2 cartridges side by side on a shelf for $40 each. X-2s would collect dust while people played X-1s. Price would drop on X-2s til they made no profit.

All adds up to sadness for me. What other reason would there be no info so close to release date? Not even a box.

Would be cool if we could get an answer on at least if Vita version will be physically released.

+ Metal_Mgs on July 9th, 2013 at 12:03 pm said:

“HA HA HA HA HA” in HD. Waiting for that vita version. I want to give you my money square and sony. Hopefully the vita version comes soon and we get more info on it.

+ Welmosca on July 9th, 2013 at 12:31 pm said:

Wow the chain on his neck…thats a difference very visible….You guys are doing a great job with this one.

+ Naozumi on July 9th, 2013 at 12:34 pm said:

Is there any chance of this being dual audio, or is it dub only?

+ jobo030 on July 9th, 2013 at 12:35 pm said:

Any idea when we the page will be updated on the Canadian amazon? I don’t want to have to preorder on amazon.com and have to pay the extra shipping.

+ cortiz2092000 on July 9th, 2013 at 1:10 pm said:

Awaiting the psvita version and its release date

+ cortiz2092000 on July 9th, 2013 at 1:15 pm said:

Digital only?????? For the psvita? Is square joking??? -_- I want a psychical copy of final fantasy X hd for my psvita

+ Elvick_ on July 9th, 2013 at 1:16 pm said:

PLEASE release the Vita versions at retail. I don’t care if you charge $30 a piece and give no discount for buying both. I will happily buy it.

+ NoctisFNCVSXIIIx on July 9th, 2013 at 1:46 pm said:

I have pre-order for a wile ago this bring fans how what FINAL FANTASY bring older roots! :)

+ Elvick_ on July 9th, 2013 at 1:48 pm said:

Anyone in Canada, know where they are taking preorders for this? I don’t see it on amazon or ebgames websites. And usually if they don’t have it (especially ebgames) then no one else will.

+ saintaqua on July 9th, 2013 at 2:41 pm said:

Please give us some more info soon!
I’m way more excited for this than I am for Lightning Returns. I’d also love a FFXII International HD version with Revenant Wings thrown on the disc as well!

+ HELLO52611 on July 9th, 2013 at 3:16 pm said:

and what bonus does the PS VITA version get…………..?

+ TripG on July 9th, 2013 at 3:20 pm said:

Since it’s rare to have a Square-Enix representative actually talk to their fans, I’ll take this opportunity to ask these questions – all related to the Vita

(i) Will Chaos Rings, which is releasing in Japan via Playstation Mobile, be confirmed to also release for the North America either as a PSN game or as a Playstation Mobile game?

(ii) Are there plans to bring any other, or all, of the games within the Chaos Rings Saga to Playstation Mobile/Vita?

(iii) Is there any consideration of bringing Guardian Cross from IOS to Playstation Mobile / Vita?

Lastly, I sincerely hope that FFX is going to be released retail for the Vita – I don’t like the rumor that it may be a download only title.

Oh, and if your keeping tally of what other games deserve an HD remake: Chrono Cross and Crisis Core get my vote.

+ Jerel on July 9th, 2013 at 3:36 pm said:

Will the difficulty level be adjustable? I was never able to be Sin on the PS2 version and I really don’t want that to happen again… (I also don’t want to grind forever and a day just to watch the ending)

+ FireCage on July 9th, 2013 at 3:40 pm said:

Very nice!! =)

+ Gokuhan_Z on July 9th, 2013 at 3:43 pm said:

Awesome game. But I would be much more interested in Cross-Buy for PS3 and Vita together than an art book.:(

+ The_Codefinder on July 9th, 2013 at 4:00 pm said:

I’m pretty surprised that SquareEnix hasn’t made an HD collection of the “Compilation of Final Fantasy VII” titles yet. It’d be nice to see them in HD, not to mention have a few of the games that didn’t make a proper release in NA (Before Crisis). Also since neither Crisis Core nor Dirge of Cerberus are on PSN digitally anyway, it’d make sense to add them to the HD collection, if they’ll never have a proper regular PSN release (digital PSP and digital PS2 download)

+ HanGlacy on July 9th, 2013 at 4:28 pm said:

How about new dissidia in ps vita? It about time square enix!

+ DrkrZen on July 9th, 2013 at 4:46 pm said:

All this news… and yet still no release date.

I’m going to have so many artbooks this year – Dragon’s Crown, FFXIV:ARR, Killer Is Dead, possibly Kingdom Hearts 1.5 REMIX and now this. But hey, at least all THOSE games have release dates I’m lookin’ forward to, lol.

+ starscreamerx31 on July 9th, 2013 at 4:46 pm said:

Hey Luke just in case your still reading these comments, please make the higher ups aware that we would also love it if ff7 crisis core was available on the psn and vita compatible. Theres a reason why square is a legendary developer and that game is certainly one of them. Make it happen Luke

+ starscreamerx31 on July 9th, 2013 at 4:47 pm said:

Ps I’m getting this on the vita for sure!!!!

+ ChaseHammerJ on July 9th, 2013 at 5:05 pm said:

I loved this game on PS2, sadly I was never able to finish it. Ive been excited about this HD version for a while now.

I do however do not recall the SD version looking that bad, pretty sure its a play but regardless FFX on PS3 will be good thing.

+ Witch-Burn-Buffy on July 9th, 2013 at 5:23 pm said:

I Hope for Day 1 Digital for Both PS3&PS Vita

+ ddddfsd on July 9th, 2013 at 5:27 pm said:

Soo when I was checking the stuff on Amazon they don’t have a PS Vita pre order for it? If I missed it somehow please link it or something. If not please explain why I can’t find it.

+ poortoykolektor on July 9th, 2013 at 6:44 pm said:

Hi Luke!

In Amazon information, it is only 1 per customer. What if at least 3 different customers under 1 address? Is it OK?

“Pre-order and Get a Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition
Pre-order Final Fantasy X|X2 HD Remaster and receive a free upgrade to the Limited Edition with an art book, featuring 24 pages of concept art and commentary from the original FINAL FANTASY X and FINAL FANTASY X-2 development teams. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Limited to one per customer order.”

Thanks!

+ red_silhouettes on July 9th, 2013 at 9:46 pm said:

Man, I really hope there’s a way to get this art book with the Vita versions – I don’t own a PS3, just the Vita. :(

+ iREVOLTER on July 9th, 2013 at 10:26 pm said:

Any info about Japanese and English voices being here. Cause I prefer Jap voices over Dub in this one. Please confirm it.

+ mlscott0 on July 10th, 2013 at 7:25 am said:

I almost pre-ordered this yesterday until I realized there was no mention of the Vita version. It would be lame to have 2 separate versions to buy.