PS4-Infamous

First Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Video

R*Q's Avatar + Posted by R*Q on Jul 09, 2013 //

Watch the first official Grand Theft Auto V gameplay video.

+ Gamesrme22 on July 9th, 2013 at 10:48 am said:

OMG endless game play!!

+ eVolved_ProoDiiG on July 9th, 2013 at 10:49 am said:

Très impressionnant, a chaque jeu, Rockstar va de plus en plus loin et bat des records !
Bravo a eux et hâte de découvrir ce jeu qui va rester dans les mémoires !

+ L337GOGO on July 9th, 2013 at 10:50 am said:

I had my preoder in since Oct 2012. :)
This is what we should expect from the whole industry, innovation at this level from a game that’s 20 years old.
Rock star never settling for mediocrity…

+ XxEmoheartz12xX on July 9th, 2013 at 10:50 am said:

muliplayer looks awesome ^.^

+ mads2312 on July 9th, 2013 at 10:51 am said:

i cannot see the video!!!!’:(

+ DoTheKiller91 on July 9th, 2013 at 11:01 am said:

Man the multiplayer will be epic! I love the free-roam and street races the most!

+ xShadowMagnum on July 9th, 2013 at 11:10 am said:

That video just gave me a freaking Blowjob in the last 30 seconds.

+ BigStack007 on July 9th, 2013 at 11:10 am said:

Will there be a Beta for the multiplayer or a Demo before release?

+ haohao8008 on July 9th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

amazing!!! can’t wait!!!

+ HellsGuardian on July 9th, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

This looks amazing, I resurrected my ancient psn just so I could comment. I’m really hoping to see this on PS4, or PC or both as well, the graphical level on either of them would make this an even better experience.

+ warguy69 on July 9th, 2013 at 11:19 am said:

I have waited too long for this game and I must say, the waiting has paid off. Excellent job Rockstar Games!, its a masterpiece. Also, GTA5 is released the day after my birthday, good timing. Cant wait.

+ warguy69 on July 9th, 2013 at 11:27 am said:

@swiftNyte , why hate on the PS3?. Why don’t you take into consideration, that Rockstar Games has worked on GTA5 to its full potential and by saying that, GTA5 (PS3 Version) is going to operate on the PS3′s maximum capabilities. Rockstar Games has the done the impossible and have worked on this game for many years, they’re going to prove to you that it can run perfectly and the realism/graphics are going to look as good or at least close to what the PC has. You must be one of those that play Borderlands and expect it to be real.

+ swiftNyte on July 9th, 2013 at 11:37 am said:

@AaronSOLDIER ~ you’re a complete idiot. 2015? have fun with that. It’s a new age, ps4 isn’t selling for $700 this time, so YOU can kindly STFU.

@Welmosca ~ I’m sorry I’m not gonna STFU, when I have a valid point that’s worth putting out there. You on the other hand have absolutely nothing valid to contribute to the conversation other than the fact that you can’t afford a PS4. “They’re doing the right thing not releasing this for PS4.” Doing the right thing for WHOM? like I’ve said in previous posts, it’s likely some political/contractual issue that’s superseded the desire to earn more money by making it available to the PS3 AND the PS4. which brings me to the final point…

+ swiftNyte on July 9th, 2013 at 11:37 am said:

@DonkeyKongKilla I’m not proposing they ONLY release it for PS4. What I’m proposing is that it’s available for BOTH platforms, since the game is being released so close to the PS4 console release date. As for how it’ll look on PS3…. if you think for one minute that the game will look ANYTHING EVEN CLOSE to how it looks in that video on your dumb 7 year old ps3, then u are sadly mistaken. That thing is ancient. The shadows will probably still be all JAGGEDY, and the textures will be complete S***! You know for Red Dead Redemption, the quality was superior on the XBOX360 over the PS3 which has better hardware!? Why you have faith that this game will look even nearly as good as the PC rendered video you just watched is beyond me. Impatience? Allegiance to some an older console that is soon to be outdated? I have no clue. I’ll stick with PC on this one if it ever comes out.

This is seemingly getting a little too personal for a lot of you. A personal frustration and desire for a logical, reasonable answer from Rockstar has turned into a poor man’s troll cry.

You all can Flame on… I’ll be be busy scouting a PC version of this title and watching demos for PS4 games that are up-and-coming.

+ Babybear2072 on July 9th, 2013 at 11:40 am said:

Rockstar, no other gaming company has given me as many chills as you have. I can’t tell you how excited I am for this game.

+ Welmosca on July 9th, 2013 at 11:43 am said:

Nice video…looks really better than I thought it would be also I’m quite impressed to see a GTA with decent graphics and there is no need to put something like “this video was captured entirely from in-game footage” since its nothing impressive…anyway looks like you stepped up your thing hu Rockstar….weapons wheel….I see Saints Row 3 gave a boost to you guys…and thats something good.Been having an immense amount of fun with SR3…I doubt you guys can top that but we will see.Although GTA is the most overrated game of all time I always played GTA and I really like it.I love the idea of being able to free roam with any character you want…looking forward to play with Franklin.

+ swiftNyte on July 9th, 2013 at 11:49 am said:

@xShadowMagnum ROFL… I felt the same way…

@warguy69 PS3 was good for a very long time. It’s time to pass the torch. I anticipate a lot of developers will make the switch to the newer console a LOT quicker than they have during previous next gen console releases. I’m not hating on PS3, i play it all the time… but I feel strongly about developers focusing on the new generation… that is all.

+ Welmosca on July 9th, 2013 at 11:54 am said:

@ 112 swiftNyte – Well the only one that have no valid point here is you…so because of my statement you just assumed that I cant afford a PS4?….lol you’re hilarious.The game was made to be played on current gen systems…there is no need to put this game on PS4 or even worst keep spamming here in the comments “PS4 version”…if people want to play they can easily go play on their PS3′s which is more than enough,if they dont want to play on PS3 they can go whine for a PS4 version in their silly little world then.You want rockstar to make money then go out and do some advertisement for them instead of filling the blog with your filthy comments good for nothing.

+ Welmosca on July 9th, 2013 at 11:57 am said:

@ 87 LUCIFERSGLEAM – Great comment….I hate graphics whor** as well.

+ hisdivsha on July 9th, 2013 at 11:58 am said:

Hope it does not use a cell phone like the last game.

+ Welmosca on July 9th, 2013 at 12:00 pm said:

@ 92 TebgDoran – You cant be serious….are you impressed with this?…Infamous 2 blow GTA V out of water.

+ swiftNyte on July 9th, 2013 at 12:03 pm said:

@Welmosca I assume you can’t afford the PS4 because you are not arguing the same perspectiveI am. I will have the PS4 upon release, and would much rather play a game that looks this good on a COMPUTER ( AKA the video you watched), on my PS4, which has far superior specs than the PS3.

+ vikarshan on July 9th, 2013 at 12:03 pm said:

Rockstar please do it on next gen consoles as well PLEEAASEEEE!! :(

+ swiftNyte on July 9th, 2013 at 12:03 pm said:

@Welmosca

Again.. it’s like I can’t say this enough. GTA V WAS NOT MADE FOR PS3. IT WAS MADE ON A COMPUTER, THEN PORTED (AND DUMBED DOWN, REDUCED QUALITY, WHERE NECESSARY) to the various consoles. It will likely be available for XBOX360 as well NO? Do you HONESTLY think your ps3 game will look as good as the video you just watched? Seriously — answer that question. If your answer is No, then you are being very reasonable, and you should also realize that it is because this game was DEVELOPED, & TESTED on a “COMPUTER / WORKSTATION”. (yes i realize it was also tested physically on xbox/ps3, and whatever console is available for testing). The the point is — the engine it’s created in FAR EXCEEDS the constraints of the PS3. They basically DIAL DOWN the quality of the game until it can be played on a PS3, which specifically has next to NO RAM, and can only display LOWER QUALITY textures because the hardware is 7 years old. ODUHF;lskj;falksdj;laskjd…

…ok enough… i’m done with explaining this…

+ tylerw17R on July 9th, 2013 at 12:06 pm said:

rockstar i like how you guys are taking imput from the comunity and not just your devs same goes to you psn for helping by just listening you saw people who didnt have backwards compatable systems and you re-released alot of the old GTA series, props to you guys for standing for the comunity not just profits

+ swiftNyte on July 9th, 2013 at 12:12 pm said:

LOL
Graphics Whor*? what a joke. If i wanted graphics, I’d opt for Killzone. I hope you realize that better hardware specs contribute to much more than GRAPHICS. Not to mention, much more than just hardware is required to create good graphics.

There are many complex algorithms that newer game engines are constantly executing that contribute to things like Artificial Intelligence, Complex Animations, Crowd and FX simulations, and other things that make the game and story line much more compelling and easier to tell. A game that is this large in scale (EPIC), is free roam, and has many factors that affect the players can only benefit from better hardware. This isn’t some INDIE game we’re looking at that’s fun because it’s got a great concept that most mainstream distributors won’t release because it’s too much of a gamble. It’s hundreds of people working on this game (strictly) for years (and years?). It’s a huge, complex, and high detailed game.

Graphics Whor*… lol. who let the trolls out?

+ SWITCH_00599 on July 9th, 2013 at 12:13 pm said:

AAAALLLL the YESSSS!!!!! My social life will end in September XD cant F** wait I preordered and fully paid of my collectors edition :D

+ LUCIFERSGLEAM on July 9th, 2013 at 12:18 pm said:

@swiftNyte

Calm down. If history has proven correct, the PC will get this game, just not this September. 4 and San Andreas were released months after the console versions. This shouldn’t be different and I consider Read Dead Redemption to be an odd case (it’s not on the PC for those who don’t know and remains a console exclusive today). Quite frankly we don’t care how much fidelity they took off to run this game on to our miserable SEVEN YEAR OLD HARDWARE (oh the humanity). The video shows PS3 buttons during gameplay sequences and to me, the graphics look fine. If it looks worse than that, fine with me too because I’m not some dumb graphics slut. You also shouldn’t insult people who intend to stick to the PS3 as their platform of choice. Don’t assume just because we don’t bend over for the latest and greatest we can’t afford them. It’s called being a smart consumer, not jumping head first for new hardware, letting idiots like you deal with all the problems and sub par games. Then we buy said hardware when it has a decent library of games at much lower prices and most of the hardware and performance issues alleviated.

+ derb on July 9th, 2013 at 12:21 pm said:

Pre-ordered this a while back for that other console. I don’t know how it will be this time round, but GTA4 just looked better on 360 & I’m sure PC looked better than that.

I can’t tell if the racing/driving will be different this time from the video. It looks like Need4Speed. Looks.

Umm, Congrats RS for creating possibly the biggest open world mayhem game ever. This time I do look forward to playing these outside activities, cheers.

+ LalaStarrx3 on July 9th, 2013 at 12:21 pm said:

Can’t wait for this to come out! :D

+ Caladon1988 on July 9th, 2013 at 12:21 pm said:

This is why Rockstar is in my Top 3 for favorite gaming companies. This is just absolutely gorgeous. As a born/raised Californian, I can see alot of the area’s in the video already looking how they should, except for the given names changes of course ;). I just really hope this doesnt end the GTA series because that’d really suck as these are a really fun series. Also does anyone besides me hope they plan on doing some HD remaking and re-wiring the programming of their older games for the ps3? Personally I’d really love to re-live some of the older graphics games with new skins. Hope they consider this later down the line after GTAV is released. Really excited for this!

+ Alina-Meredith on July 9th, 2013 at 12:26 pm said:

I want this game so bad but I have PS4 pre ordered I don’t know what to do can I get a good answer please????

+ derb on July 9th, 2013 at 12:30 pm said:

@131

Put in a pre-order for this game.

+ derb on July 9th, 2013 at 12:32 pm said:

Unlike TLoU, I expect the physical copy to vanish out of all stores within its first week.

+ LUCIFERSGLEAM on July 9th, 2013 at 12:33 pm said:

@130, no V will not be the end of GTA. GTA is a cultural icon, it’s pop culture, not just a video game. It’ll only get better from here with the next major installment being developed for new hardware.

@131, general rule of thumb, you don’t want to buy new hardware at launch. They are still unproven, may have defective issues, and the games are not fully utilized. Wait a year at the very least to jump in next gen and by all means, BUY GTA V.

+ Alina-Meredith on July 9th, 2013 at 12:34 pm said:

why should I get it if I am getting the PS4? can I get a answer please???

+ Alina-Meredith on July 9th, 2013 at 12:35 pm said:

okay thank you!!!!!!!

+ PainOfSarrow on July 9th, 2013 at 12:36 pm said:

AMAZING, day one purchase. cant effinnn waittt. GOTY bottom lineee.

+ EurokingGT6 on July 9th, 2013 at 12:36 pm said:

If anyone is wondering, this was entirely shot from the PlayStation 3 version. Check out the button prompts if you don’t believe me. A RS developer also confirmed it on their on official forums. I know Sony has a publishing deal with RS for GT5 bundles and exclusive content, etc. but I wonder if they helped on the development side of things?It looks like they’re leveraging every single ounce of power inside the PS3 at this point because the game looks absolutely amazing.

+ D69theman on July 9th, 2013 at 12:41 pm said:

the game looks amazing and love the other grand theft autos keep up the awsome work huge fan

+ LUCIFERSGLEAM on July 9th, 2013 at 12:41 pm said:

I really hope Rockstar San Diego helped developing this game. They have expertise in the racing game genre with the excellent Midnight Club series and I wouldn’t mind them working on the vehicle side of things with this game from physics, to design, to handling.

+ hAHa737 on July 9th, 2013 at 12:54 pm said:

ok i cant wait for gta 5 to come out .but i have a question will there be like secret ester eggs like in gta sanandres

+ DonkeyKongKilla on July 9th, 2013 at 12:57 pm said:

@swiftNyte – I KNOW what you’re saying, I’M saying if they spend MORE money on the next gen technology previously what they spent on making it on CURRENT gen consoles and it DOESN’T SELL on NEXT gen consoles, THEY LOSE ON A LOT OF MONEY SPENDING ALL THAT MONEY DESIGNING THE GAME FOR NEXT GEN! – ALSO there could be PLENTY of bugs to work out on the PS4 so it’d probably WOULDN’T be worth paying for all that at A HIGH RISK! I will back up RS’s decision on this, they did a fantastic job taking gaming to whole new levels. END OF DISCUSSION.

+ derb on July 9th, 2013 at 1:00 pm said:

@138

That would be cool. I prefer the PS controller over Xbox for this game any-day. I’m also scared the game will be on 2 discs for 360.

+ DLDirtyLarry on July 9th, 2013 at 1:01 pm said:

@ EUROKINGGT6 – Do you have a link to the forum post where a R* dev confirms this was in fact showing the PS3 version? I have seen similar statements on other sites by people saying because of the button prompts, and I paused the video and have seen them myself, but if I could see confirmation by a Rockstar dev, that would make up my mind as to which console to preorder it for. I own both a 360 and PS3, but prefer to get it on the PS3 as I own 2 of those so have more options as to when I can play games if I get it on a PS3, but I definitely feel GTA IV looked better on the 360 and had a more consistent frame-rate. I did play Max Payne 3 on my PS3 though and saw R* really stepped it up as to what they could do on a PS3, so hoping this game there is little to no difference between the consoles. Again though if I can see a thread where a developer from R* confirms this trailer is in fact all PS3, I will purchase it.

+ DonkeyKongKilla on July 9th, 2013 at 1:02 pm said:

@derb – the hour long gameinformer special when they was watching the demo exclusively a while back said the driving was suppose to be more stick to the ground feel. Whatever that really means I guess.

+ DonkeyKongKilla on July 9th, 2013 at 1:03 pm said:

@derb – Yeah RS said on their site the 360 will have 2 discs and PS3 will have one.

+ DLDirtyLarry on July 9th, 2013 at 1:03 pm said:

Also to anyone saying “Wah, this should be on the PS4,” I would take a guess that you clearly have no idea how game development works. To put it simply, they started development on this game way before dev kits were available for either new console. WAY BEFORE. It really is as simple as that.

Never-mind the fact a game like GTA takes an incredible amount of resources and time to produce, which equals money, so yes, they are going to sell it on the consoles with the larger install base, which is this current generation of consoles. Sure, selling it on the next generation of consoles could in fact move those consoles, but why take the risk. Especially when it looks like they were able to pull off the gameplay they wanted to. Gameplay > Graphics every single time.

+ alow246 on July 9th, 2013 at 1:03 pm said:

September 17 will be a great day!

+ RaffaeleV65 on July 9th, 2013 at 1:05 pm said:

Hi Rockstar! Will GTA V dubbed in other languages? If yes, which ones?