PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

PlayStation Mobile Update: Tokyo Jungle and MechHit

Paul Sullivan's Avatar + Posted by Paul Sullivan on Jul 10, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

PS Mobile Update 7-10-2013

Every Tuesday, there are new games, apps and updates added to PlayStation Mobile. Tokyo Jungle Mobile and MechHit released last night, along with an update to the space strategy game, 0War, and some price changes to a few games.

New Games

Tokyo Jungle Mobile by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. ($2.99)

Set in an alternate Tokyo where mankind has vanished, the animals that remain have to fight to stay alive. There is only one goal, “survival”. Every kind of animal can be found risking its life here, in this struggle for life. Choose your favorite animal out of over 40 available and do everything in your power to survive! The animals’ fight for survival starts now on the PlayStation Mobile!

PS Mobile Update 7-10-2013

MechHit by Horng Yeuan Digital Co. Ltd ($1.79)

Mech in unmanned space station revolt! Captain, hop into your Core, fly to space and destroy the Mech! Enjoy a whole new experience in classic brick breaker game. Defeat the garrisoned Boss Mech in each level and gain energy. Absorb the energy to develop your Core’s ability. Build up your own Core based on your chosen strategy! MechHit has three major battle fields and 42 levels. After completing all levels, there are difficult mode and survival mode for a challenger’s heart. In survival mode, Boss will continue showing up, challenge your reaction and technique!

PS Mobile Update 7-10-2013

Updates

0WAR by teasoft (Demo Free, Full Game $2.99)

Price Changes

• Radiant Flux (Old $1.79, New $0.99)
  • Everybody‚Äôs Arcade (Free for demo), Games are purchased separately
    - Refreshing! Book Arranging (Old $2.99, New $1.99)
    - BLACK JACK (Old $2.99, New $1.99)
    - VIDEO POKER (Old $2.99, New $1.99)
    - KLONDIKE (Old $2.99, New $1.99)
    - Refreshing! Pie-Throwing (Old $2.99, New $1.99)
    - Pick 3 Games of your choice Pack (Old $6.99, New $3.99)
    - All 5 Games pack (Old $9.99, New $4.99)

PS Vita owners can download these games from the PlayStation Mobile section of PlayStation Store; Owners of PlayStation-certified devices such as the Sony Xperia ZL smartphone, Wikipad or Sony Xperia Z tablet, can obtain them through the PlayStation Mobile Store for the same price.

Click here for a full list of the certified devices or here for installation instructions.

+ Wario64 on July 10th, 2013 at 9:20 am said:

Is Tokyo Jungle still planned to go $5.99 after this week?

Paul Sullivan's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on July 10th, 2013 at 9:50 am said:

That title is managed out of Japan. We’ll check on that and let you know.

+ SiloEyes on July 10th, 2013 at 9:21 am said:

Aww, but I wanted the real Tokyo Jungle experience on my Vita :(

+ MassaBR on July 10th, 2013 at 9:21 am said:

Tokyo Jungle is a pretty faithful port of the original game, for $3 it’s a complete steal. Every Vita owner should buy it.

+ Onvertic on July 10th, 2013 at 9:22 am said:

Will you be adding a PsMobile section in the web store?

Paul Sullivan's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on July 10th, 2013 at 9:51 am said:

No plans at this time, but as a relatively young platform, PlayStation Mobile is always evolving.

+ dragonmagician on July 10th, 2013 at 9:28 am said:

Still no trophies for PSM? I bet it will increase sales, at least for me it would. Earning trophies on my Xperia devices sounds great. Patiently waiting (hopefully not forever…).

+ Zionine on July 10th, 2013 at 9:52 am said:

I second trophy support.. but I’ll still be supporting good games that come to PS Mobile..

Thanks for:

Cytus (Oh my goodness, thanks for CYTUS!)
Rymdkapsel
Tokyo Jungle &
Super Crate Box

Those are sitting very comfortable on my Vita for being small in size and great in the enjoyable factor.

+ kassatsu on July 10th, 2013 at 10:21 am said:

It should also be mentioned that Radiant Flux besides getting a new price, was also patched to add a bunch of new features.

+ JMG24BAD on July 10th, 2013 at 10:40 am said:

Right now, I feel like ps mobile is a flop. Why? Because I have to buy a playstation certified gadget just to play the mobile games. Just put it in the two mobile stores people know about (android and that fruit one) and allow all people to access playstation in their own way.

+ Jotamide on July 10th, 2013 at 10:52 am said:

I wish Sony could get Capcom and Cave on board with this. iOS ports of their fighters and shmups would be insta-buys for me.

+ whatisdelicious on July 10th, 2013 at 10:56 am said:

If anyone wants to play “the real Tokyo Jungle experience” on their Vita, just remember that Tokyo Jungle supports Remote Play, so you totally CAN have “the real Tokyo Jungle experience” on your Vita. You can also now have a different PS Mobile version of that experience.

+ Mando44646 on July 10th, 2013 at 11:05 am said:

soooo trophies on PS Mobile….right?

+ mr_chun on July 10th, 2013 at 11:33 am said:

Please bring the PSM platform to other Android phones; Nexus and Samsung owners are really left out right now. :(

+ tusunami on July 10th, 2013 at 1:37 pm said:

Playstation mobile games are eh, but for those that like it cool.

+ dkarlowicz10 on July 10th, 2013 at 2:23 pm said:

I know that PS3 Tokyo Jungle can be played through Remote Play but is this a new trend where PS Vita will get watered down versions of the PS3 games? Please don’t let that be the case. Sly Cooper is a perfect example of a game that looks pretty much the same as the PS3 version. If possible, I would love to be able to play PS3 version on the Vita.

+ LSMJGO on July 10th, 2013 at 2:24 pm said:

Don’t buy Tokyo jungle I repeat do not buy it anyone looking to play this gem on a mobile device should avoid this version at all cost. I loved Tokyo jungle on my ps3 and thought this would be similar I repeat do not buy it is my most disappointing game purchase possibly ever (and that’s saying a lot with all the games I’ve played) stay away don’t let the name fool you.

p.s Sony this was the first PlayStation mobile game I bought ever and it pretty much just ruined it for every other PlayStation mobile game out there

+ IIL0YDII on July 10th, 2013 at 2:26 pm said:

Why not just port the original? It’s not like original got insane graphics.

+ Elvick_ on July 10th, 2013 at 3:40 pm said:

@15: If you looked it up *AT ALL* (or even viewed the screenshots in the store) you would know it’s not a direct port.

And for $3 you were expect a direct port? HA! I’m glad you’re unhappy about your purchase. That’s what you get for being an ignorant consumer.

And it’s called “Tokyo Jungle *****MOBILE*****” as well. Tokyo Jungle Mobile is great.

+ Elvick_ on July 10th, 2013 at 3:43 pm said:

@14: This is PlayStation Mobile. Not a native PS Vita game. Shoo.

@8: It’s not a storefront. It’s providing devtools to make Android development easy with limited devices, with PS Vita tossed in there too.

What you suggest flies in the face of the very concept of PS Mobile, and would make it’s existence pointless.

+ headshot_500 on July 10th, 2013 at 4:09 pm said:

hey everyone, make sure you come over to Lvl Cap Interactive’s youtube page and check out all the unbiased reviews.

+ weapon-187 on July 10th, 2013 at 5:44 pm said:

will this have trophy support?

+ Superstone on July 10th, 2013 at 6:11 pm said:

Hockey, pinball & more apps on PSM

+ Zionine on July 11th, 2013 at 6:17 am said:

I disagree strongly with 15. I haven’t played Tokyo Jungle, but this game is a great time killer and is super fun…
It’s a great buy for 3$.

I think there’s only a couple PSM games to even bother with, but that kind of talk is ridiculous.

+ LSMJGO on July 11th, 2013 at 7:10 am said:

well first off Tokyo jungle mobile is bad even for a mobile game I mean there thousands of games better on the google play store. I expected watered down graphics and many exploration to be toned down but I did not expect three area levels. I also was more angry with the lack of story mode than the predetermined square movement. And really ignorant consumer 3$ is an impulse buy especially after seeing a high rating on PS store and others endorse on PS blog I just wanted to warn others with a vita to not waste their time as this has almost no resemblance to the real game

@ Zionine if you play the real game (which I got for $7.50) you would know why I feel its extremely undervalued.

+ soulspirit4 on July 12th, 2013 at 2:15 pm said:

I wonder when sony will release the trophies for playstation mobile game. I am also wondering did sony say if we were to buy a playstation mobile game and they add trophies support if the developer add trophies support for an existing mobile game that we buy, do we need to buy the game again or will they update the game and we get the trophies for free.