Until Dawn

Jul 10

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus Coming to PS3 This Holiday

James Stevenson's Avatar Posted by James Stevenson on Jul 10, 2013 // Community Lead, Insomniac Games

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus on PS3

Since completing the Ratchet & Clank Future saga (Tools of Destruction, Quest For Booty, and A Crack in Time) we’ve had a really amazing time expanding the universe of our intergalactic heroes. From creating the first four-player co-op Ratchet & Clank experience for the whole family to enjoy with All 4 One, to returning with the first all-new R&C competitive mode in Full Frontal Assault, we’ve challenged ourselves to bring new types of play to the Ratchet series.

At the same time, we love single-player Ratchet adventures. We’ve continued to generate new ideas for weapons, gadgets, and planets. It feels like the time is right to revisit Ratchet’s personal story arc.

We’re excited to announce that Ratchet and Clank are returning this year with an all new original single-player epilogue to the Future games. Under the creative direction of Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time creative director Brian Allgeier, Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus is a story-driven platform adventure, with the humor and heart that make the franchise so beloved.

As you can see from the trailer, Into the Nexus has a bunch of crazy new weapons and gadgets. Gravity is one of the themes of Into the Nexus: you’ll experience zero-g space, you’ll use gravity-defying new gadgets, and you’ll manipulate gravity to solve brand new Clank puzzles.

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus on PS3

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus on PS3Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus on PS3

The game will be available exclusively on PS3 this holiday, in stores and on PlayStation Network for an MSRP of $29.99. It’s our biggest downloadable Ratchet & Clank game yet, dwarfing the size of both Quest For Booty and Full Frontal Assault. We’ll be bringing you more news soon – and for exclusive preview coverage of the game be sure to check out IGN’s preview and initial thoughts.

As always, for all the latest, stay tuned to the Insomniac Twitter and Facebook page. I’ll try to answer whatever questions I can in the comments below.

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus on PS3

+ NeoMahi on July 10th, 2013 at 6:48 pm said:

Dang it. So this comment will get buried. Shoot. INSOMNIAC HOW COOL! I thought you didn’t love us anymore after Ted Price shot us down with announcing Sunset Overdrive and said it was only possible for Xbox One. Yeah right. But we know at least some of the team still loves us AND IM PSYCHED! Don’t care it’s on the PS3 and not PS4 though, it would make the PS4 that much more awesome.

What I want however, is for Sony to come in and set you up with a cool Collectors Edition of the game with a steelbook and Mr. Zurkon, Ratchet and Clank Premium Statue. Yeah baby! And something else… Uh… Stickers and… I don’t know… Something cool.

+ Robbie_G_lrish on July 10th, 2013 at 6:54 pm said:

I think it looks great. Just because PS4 is coming out doesn’t mean you have to go toss your PS3 in the garbage. With all the sweet games still coming out for PS3 I know I’ll be playing it for a couple more years yet.

+ Shin-Ra on July 10th, 2013 at 6:54 pm said:

Looks like my kind of R&C, just “improve the grafix (framerate) on level 3.” ;)

+ Circlestheclown on July 10th, 2013 at 6:54 pm said:

wait a second
its only going to be 30?
will it be a full length game like ACIT
or will it be somewhat shorter as evidenced by a lower price?
or are you guys just being sexy animals and giving us an amazing ratchet game with a small price?

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on July 10th, 2013 at 6:59 pm said:

While it’s not as big as A Crack in Time, it’s much larger than Q4B and FFA, with new planets, a bunch of new weapons and a ton of variety. You’ll be happy, I think :-)

+ vanwinkle on July 10th, 2013 at 6:57 pm said:

Another new Sony game announcement, and of course not on the Vita. I know it’s not Insomniac’s fault, but man, I’m so sick of this. This could have been an amazing Vita game.

+ DonRodie on July 10th, 2013 at 6:58 pm said:

Are you guys working on Resistance 4 for the PS4?

+ BlooodyCow on July 10th, 2013 at 7:00 pm said:

Since Sony owned the R&C IP, they should just take it and give it to another studio to developer Ratchet and Clank games. Insomniac Games is incapable of making a good Ratchet and Clank game, hell a good game in general, since ACiT. The last two games were beyond insulting to the Ratchet and Clank series. Sad to see one of my favorite game series driving to the ground by a studio that doesn’t know when to call it quits. You want to try new game ideas, do it on another IP.

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on July 10th, 2013 at 8:17 pm said:

Well, we hope you give it a shot. We greatly enjoyed trying something new and being experimental with A41 and FFA. We are proud of them and we think a lot of folks really enjoyed them (and we get the letters to prove it!).

We’re also really excited to put a lot of our ideas into a new single-player classic Ratchet game. It’s really fun to work on one again!

+ xChrisGTRx on July 10th, 2013 at 7:02 pm said:

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sony , Insomniac TAKE ALL MY MONEY NOW!!!!!!!!!! i love ratchet and clank games!!! so excited

+ BlooodyCow on July 10th, 2013 at 7:03 pm said:

@51 NeoMahi
This is nothing but a money grab consider that critical and commercial failure that is FUSE. FUSE couldn’t even sell 15K unit on the Xbox 360 and PS3 in the month of June in the United States.
As for Sunset Overdrive, that was a pretty cool CGI trailer…then again so was Overstrike

+ TomHoang on July 10th, 2013 at 7:03 pm said:

I’m definitely happy for more Ratchet and Clank, and I enjoyed All 4 One (have yet to play FFA). But I would have preferred an exclusive R&C experience for PS Vita, or on the PS4. But more R&C is a good thing, so I shouldn’t complain too much.

+ steelers_111 on July 10th, 2013 at 7:04 pm said:

i liked the game going commando the best! i was really hoping you guys would bring back the guns from it! and i like how the it looked. i think it looked better then the new ones!

1.is this going to come out the same time ps4 will?

2.will it be on ps4?

+ Metalsonic_69 on July 10th, 2013 at 7:04 pm said:

Have to say, I’m kind of disappointed that you’re keeping the “chibi” art style from A4O and FFA. I thought the character design in Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time was really amazing.

+ BoomaSayooma on July 10th, 2013 at 7:07 pm said:

I’d been dying to play R&C games for a while so I was super excited when the trilogy pack came out. I’m still working on the first game and now there’s a 4th?! (Technically 6th?… I guess?…)

Regardless, I’m very happy this series (and company) is around. Thanks for fun, Insomniac!

+ Trevelyan on July 10th, 2013 at 7:08 pm said:

Hey James, Thanks for putting up with all the harsh comments. I’ll keep it simple: thank you and team over at IG for putting out another Ratchet game, and I hope it’s not the last. Cheers.

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on July 10th, 2013 at 8:17 pm said:

You’re very welcome!

+ SpooNManX on July 10th, 2013 at 7:11 pm said:

Nice, but honestly.. why bother with movies?
This should have been a PS4 game with amazing cut scenes (all real time generated).

+ Zaike on July 10th, 2013 at 8:37 pm said:

Any news on when Ratchet: Deadlocked HD is going to be released?

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on July 10th, 2013 at 9:16 pm said:

Unfortunately not. It’s still with SCEE for approval.

+ JamalVita_91 on July 10th, 2013 at 8:37 pm said:

@James Stevenson, Will There Be A Chance Of You Guys Putting THIS R&C On The PSVita? I Think This Game Would Make An Even BIGGER Impact Than The R&C That’s Currently On The Vita. (I Personally Enjoyed It Still)

+ idn86i on July 10th, 2013 at 8:40 pm said:

I can’t wait for this R&C!! What’s with all the PS4 request for this game? The system is not even out yet! Even when it’s out not a lot of people will have it. So why put a fantastic series like this on a system that many might not be able to play on. I didn’t see Quark in the trailer! I hope he’ll make his odd appearance in this installment!! LOL Love him!

+ LSMJGO on July 10th, 2013 at 8:38 pm said:

insomniac I’ve bought every game you’ve made this gen faithfully I’ve enjoyed parts of each game and have shown support along with many other faithful PlayStation gamers. One question why burn all your fans by making an xbox one exclusive really not one of your fans has an xbox and no PlayStation (if they did they couldn’t be a fan) this looks good and while I want to buy it I can’t support a company that essential gave a big f you to all its fans for next gen.

+ LSMJGO on July 10th, 2013 at 8:40 pm said:

damn it i’m still buying this insomniac why do you do this to me

+ Destiny89 on July 10th, 2013 at 8:42 pm said:

THANK YOU! i love Ratchet and Clank games and i got to say i am very glad to know its actually and finally following the old RnC games, i cannot wait for this game but please make sure you guys dont make this the last RnC game, i love RnC and would love to see it going to PS4 also!
Day 1 purchase ( getting 2 copies )!

+ mliien670 on July 10th, 2013 at 8:43 pm said:

A few questions for Insomniac;

1. A4O and FFA were good games. If people set their petty fanboy-ish expectations aside, these titles are fun to play with other people, something that most other R&C games cannot do.

2. Making this for the ps3 is perlexing, but you gave good reasons for it. But what I do not understand is didn’t you annouce that you’rer releasing a R&C game in 2015, to go along with the R&C movie.

3. If you’re so commited to this franchise after all that’s happened to it and all the other games you released, are you willing to reclaim Spyro The Dragon?

4. With this being an epilogue to the future series, willcharacters from those games make an appearance. The trailer showed us that Cronk is in the game, so what about Cpt. Romulus Slag, The Agorians, The Smuggler, Tawlyn Apogee, etc?

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on July 10th, 2013 at 9:55 pm said:

1. Thanks!

2. It’s always hard to plan around the movies. We had great ideas for a new Ratchet game and the right scenario to make it for Holiday 2013, so we took it.

3. We don’t own Spyro, and it’s been what, 13 years since the last one we made? Never say never, of course, but I think that ship sailed long ago.

4. You’ll see Talwyn for sure…

+ Randxy on July 10th, 2013 at 8:27 pm said:

im confused is this before the future series or after

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on July 10th, 2013 at 8:36 pm said:

After. This game is the latest into the timeline of any other, and is an epilogue to the future games

+ Kaneda_Neo-Tokyo on July 10th, 2013 at 8:27 pm said:

So it’s PS3’s version for sure. Thanks for the answer. Just want to say everybody in my family (brother/nephews) love Ratchet & Clank. Big Up from France…

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on July 10th, 2013 at 8:37 pm said:

Thanks so much! Merci Beaucoup!!!

+ PZDugna on July 10th, 2013 at 8:28 pm said:

nice that a new single player Ratchet is out again but…was kinda hoping for a Jak x Ratchet crossover from those teases =/ owell and $30 is basically a steal for how good the game looks

+ raidenraccoon on July 10th, 2013 at 8:30 pm said:

These negative comments about giving the R&C IP to someone else is saddening. I appreciate the new things IG has tried with A4O and FFA. It was freshening and a good break from the norm.

It’s always a risk trying new things, but that’s how we evolve isn’t it? Keep experimenting Insomniac! :D

Anyway, thank you so much for releasing this one on the PS3. My wallet is not ready for a PS4 this year. Really look forward to picking this up shortly after release if I can’t afford a preorder or day 1 pick up!

+ EmperorKorea on July 10th, 2013 at 8:31 pm said:

aww, i wanted a full length traditional ratchet.

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on July 10th, 2013 at 9:15 pm said:

This game is pretty meaty, I have to say. I think you’ll enjoy it a lot, especially for the price. It’s much bigger than say Q4B or FFA

+ RTGmgs on July 10th, 2013 at 8:31 pm said:

My mouth dropped when I found out about this game! I love you Insomniac Games! You are the best developers in the industry. Don’t listen to your haters, you guys make the best games. You have my pre-order and look forward to playing this gorgeous game. Keep up the great work :)

+ killercroc119 on July 10th, 2013 at 8:55 pm said:

As excited as I am, I wish it was for the PlayStation 4.

And i wish it was as big as Crack in Time, that was definitely my favourite along with Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal.

But knowing it’s going to be like the older stuff makes up for most of it.

+ RK128 on July 10th, 2013 at 9:00 pm said:

Man, Ratchet and Clank are back :)

I know you guys were kinda spread thin between Sunset Overdrive, FFA, and Fuse, but its wonderful to see you make a traditional Ratchet and Clank game again. Really love how you guys are changing up the core gameplay with zero-g sections and are making crazy weapons again (love the snowman gun).

I am definitely picking this up when it comes out and I look forward to a huge Ratchet game on the PS4 in the future. I have to respect your guys stance on a Vita version of this; making sure its a quality port rather than how FFA Vita turned out.

Good luck and I hope to see more Ratchet games in the future :)

+ MageScroll on July 10th, 2013 at 9:01 pm said:

A weapon I desperately want to see in a Ratchet and Clank game—–a fattening ray. Please make it happen :)

+ Benzitor on July 10th, 2013 at 9:03 pm said:

Vita anyone ??? Love rtchet and all, but the PS3 is already packed of exclusives this year, and the 3D platformer genre is perfect fit for portable system…Sly4 was the bomb on Vita…ratchet was also amazing on PSP. And seriously insomniac has the talent to make poartable shine…
Why no Vita game ?

Are big studio thinking its a shame to work on portable system ? not presigious or challenging enough ?

+ detictiveconan on July 10th, 2013 at 9:13 pm said:

A few of my thoughts on this announcement..

2:Yes! it’s for PS3 so I’ll actuality be able to play it soon.

3:Boo! It’s not for PS4 to give me a good excuse to buy a the new system. :P

4: R&C A4O was surprisingly good I thought. Even in single player it really felt like a R&C game.

+ andremal on July 10th, 2013 at 9:18 pm said:

I have yet to meet a Ratchet & Clank game I didn’t like! Since getting a PS3 in 09, R&C has become one of my favorite franchises of all time. This is fabulous news! For me personally, I’m a little worried about the release date and really hope that it is September. Guess we’ll wait and see.

But let me offer you a truly heartfelt thanks for keeping the series alive and bringing us a new game, especially one that gets back to the roots. You guys do a fabulous job with this series and I can’t wait to play yet another!

+ Permafry_42 on July 10th, 2013 at 9:18 pm said:

Day 1 purchase! I also really can’t wait for when R&C will be coming to ps4 =D

On a side note, what is the status on Ratchet and Clank Deadlocked HD?

+ lordgodalming on July 10th, 2013 at 9:22 pm said:

I may be one of the few people who enjoyed FFA–it wasn’t really an R&C game, but it was still fun as hell–but I am thrilled about this. Can’t get enough R&C. ToD was the first game I ever bought for PS3, and it is still in my top five games at the end of this gen. The inevitable PS4 game will be mind blowing.

+ ClutchFactor8 on July 10th, 2013 at 9:22 pm said:

Im excited this game looks amazing, but im just wondering why arent you guys using the old designs?

+ EpicCakes on July 10th, 2013 at 9:23 pm said:

I’m a little skeptical about this one. I hope it turns out good.

+ Elvick_ on July 10th, 2013 at 9:30 pm said:

@20: Um, no. You do realize that Insomniac and Sony both have to agree for the series to continue right? Sony owns the IP, and funds development and acts as publisher. Insomniac makes it, unless Sony contracts someone else to make another (like the PSP games and Vita port of FFA/Q-Force).

Not supporting the series just makes it seem like we don’t care. And this game would probably have been in development for at least a year, likely two if their track record is anything to go by.

+ Lefoul-123 on July 10th, 2013 at 9:31 pm said:

A great time to put a crack in time on IGC.

+ krae_man on July 10th, 2013 at 9:33 pm said:

Any chance this is going to be playable at PAX?

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on July 10th, 2013 at 9:57 pm said:

Not sure what the PAX Plans are yet. We’ll let you know if it is. That’d be awesome

+ MushThePainter on July 10th, 2013 at 7:11 pm said:

This looks awesome! I wish it was a PS4 launch day title. Would have created a lot of buzz and have been a system seller for some.

+ Randc7 on July 10th, 2013 at 7:13 pm said:

Wish it was also on Vita. That platform REALLY needs a R&C game.

+ DonRodie on July 10th, 2013 at 7:14 pm said:

I used to love thse guys, now it seems they went hollywood. Hopefully the make an exclusive Resistance 4 for the PS4 and the love would be back. But this is a great game for PS3.

+ camiwaits_us on July 10th, 2013 at 7:15 pm said:

Welcome back, classic R&C!

+ SpooNManX on July 10th, 2013 at 7:17 pm said:

I was confused on the last comment. I thought for sure this was the announcement for the new R&C movie.

It seems crazy to show off another R&C game so soon after the last was just released, and before that the R&C HD Collection, and just before that, All4One… You better give these guys a break!

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on July 10th, 2013 at 8:18 pm said:

What can I say, we’re Insomniacs!

+ gunny5 on July 10th, 2013 at 7:17 pm said:

Very excited for this.

Loved the future series and have faith you guys will create something just as awesome.

+ steelers_111 on July 10th, 2013 at 7:17 pm said:

i love and i will probably buy it!

+ Icestar10 on July 10th, 2013 at 7:19 pm said:

Would a PS4 version be possible?

+ Cck17 on July 10th, 2013 at 7:23 pm said:

Never knew EU didn’t use the future thing. I learned something new. :D

Thank you very much for answering my questions James! Can’t wait to pick it up on day one.

It’s cool seeing you guys going back to the Nexus game you cancelled many years ago on the PS2.(If that is what this is?)

I hope you guys think about multiplayer like Deadlocked/UYA for a future R&C game. Many fans still crave for it.

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on July 10th, 2013 at 8:19 pm said:

Nah, we wouldn’t go back to Nexus on PS2. That game isn’t really anything like this one, we just like that name. :-)

No multiplayer plans at this time. The fan response always seems to be to put all of our resources and efforts into the best single-player experience possible