Overwatch

Jul 10

Jul 10

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus Coming to PS3 This Holiday

James Stevenson's Avatar Posted by Community Lead, Insomniac Games

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus on PS3

Since completing the Ratchet & Clank Future saga (Tools of Destruction, Quest For Booty, and A Crack in Time) we’ve had a really amazing time expanding the universe of our intergalactic heroes. From creating the first four-player co-op Ratchet & Clank experience for the whole family to enjoy with All 4 One, to returning with the first all-new R&C competitive mode in Full Frontal Assault, we’ve challenged ourselves to bring new types of play to the Ratchet series.

We’re excited to announce that Ratchet and Clank are returning this year with an all new original single-player epilogue to the Future games. Under the creative direction of Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time creative director Brian Allgeier, Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus is a story-driven platform adventure, with the humor and heart that make the franchise so beloved.

As you can see from the trailer, Into the Nexus has a bunch of crazy new weapons and gadgets. Gravity is one of the themes of Into the Nexus: you’ll experience zero-g space, you’ll use gravity-defying new gadgets, and you’ll manipulate gravity to solve brand new Clank puzzles.

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus on PS3

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus on PS3Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus on PS3

The game will be available exclusively on PS3 this holiday, in stores and on PlayStation Network for an MSRP of $29.99. It’s our biggest downloadable Ratchet & Clank game yet, dwarfing the size of both Quest For Booty and Full Frontal Assault. We’ll be bringing you more news soon – and for exclusive preview coverage of the game be sure to check out IGN’s preview and initial thoughts.

As always, for all the latest, stay tuned to the Insomniac Twitter and Facebook page. I’ll try to answer whatever questions I can in the comments below.

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus on PS3

Add Your Own

NeoMahi said:

July 10th, 6:48 pm

Dang it. So this comment will get buried. Shoot. INSOMNIAC HOW COOL! I thought you didn’t love us anymore after Ted Price shot us down with announcing Sunset Overdrive and said it was only possible for Xbox One. Yeah right. But we know at least some of the team still loves us AND IM PSYCHED! Don’t care it’s on the PS3 and not PS4 though, it would make the PS4 that much more awesome.

What I want however, is for Sony to come in and set you up with a cool Collectors Edition of the game with a steelbook and Mr. Zurkon, Ratchet and Clank Premium Statue. Yeah baby! And something else… Uh… Stickers and… I don’t know… Something cool.

Robbie_G_lrish said:

July 10th, 6:54 pm

I think it looks great. Just because PS4 is coming out doesn’t mean you have to go toss your PS3 in the garbage. With all the sweet games still coming out for PS3 I know I’ll be playing it for a couple more years yet.

Shin-Ra said:

July 10th, 6:54 pm

Looks like my kind of R&C, just “improve the grafix (framerate) on level 3.” ;)

Circlestheclown said:

July 10th, 6:54 pm

wait a second
its only going to be 30?
will it be a full length game like ACIT
or will it be somewhat shorter as evidenced by a lower price?
or are you guys just being sexy animals and giving us an amazing ratchet game with a small price?

James Stevenson's Avatar

James Stevenson said:

July 10th, 6:59 pm

While it’s not as big as A Crack in Time, it’s much larger than Q4B and FFA, with new planets, a bunch of new weapons and a ton of variety. You’ll be happy, I think :-)

vanwinkle said:

July 10th, 6:57 pm

Another new Sony game announcement, and of course not on the Vita. I know it’s not Insomniac’s fault, but man, I’m so sick of this. This could have been an amazing Vita game.

DonRodie said:

July 10th, 6:58 pm

Are you guys working on Resistance 4 for the PS4?

BlooodyCow said:

July 10th, 7:00 pm

Since Sony owned the R&C IP, they should just take it and give it to another studio to developer Ratchet and Clank games. Insomniac Games is incapable of making a good Ratchet and Clank game, hell a good game in general, since ACiT. The last two games were beyond insulting to the Ratchet and Clank series. Sad to see one of my favorite game series driving to the ground by a studio that doesn’t know when to call it quits. You want to try new game ideas, do it on another IP.

James Stevenson's Avatar

James Stevenson said:

July 10th, 8:17 pm

Well, we hope you give it a shot. We greatly enjoyed trying something new and being experimental with A41 and FFA. We are proud of them and we think a lot of folks really enjoyed them (and we get the letters to prove it!).

We’re also really excited to put a lot of our ideas into a new single-player classic Ratchet game. It’s really fun to work on one again!

xChrisGTRx said:

July 10th, 7:02 pm

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sony , Insomniac TAKE ALL MY MONEY NOW!!!!!!!!!! i love ratchet and clank games!!! so excited

BlooodyCow said:

July 10th, 7:03 pm

@51 NeoMahi
This is nothing but a money grab consider that critical and commercial failure that is FUSE. FUSE couldn’t even sell 15K unit on the Xbox 360 and PS3 in the month of June in the United States.
As for Sunset Overdrive, that was a pretty cool CGI trailer…then again so was Overstrike

TomHoang said:

July 10th, 7:03 pm

I’m definitely happy for more Ratchet and Clank, and I enjoyed All 4 One (have yet to play FFA). But I would have preferred an exclusive R&C experience for PS Vita, or on the PS4. But more R&C is a good thing, so I shouldn’t complain too much.

steelers_111 said:

July 10th, 7:04 pm

i liked the game going commando the best! i was really hoping you guys would bring back the guns from it! and i like how the it looked. i think it looked better then the new ones!

1.is this going to come out the same time ps4 will?

2.will it be on ps4?

Metalsonic_69 said:

July 10th, 7:04 pm

Have to say, I’m kind of disappointed that you’re keeping the “chibi” art style from A4O and FFA. I thought the character design in Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time was really amazing.

BoomaSayooma said:

July 10th, 7:07 pm

I’d been dying to play R&C games for a while so I was super excited when the trilogy pack came out. I’m still working on the first game and now there’s a 4th?! (Technically 6th?… I guess?…)

Regardless, I’m very happy this series (and company) is around. Thanks for fun, Insomniac!

Trevelyan said:

July 10th, 7:08 pm

Hey James, Thanks for putting up with all the harsh comments. I’ll keep it simple: thank you and team over at IG for putting out another Ratchet game, and I hope it’s not the last. Cheers.

SpooNManX said:

July 10th, 7:11 pm

Nice, but honestly.. why bother with movies?
This should have been a PS4 game with amazing cut scenes (all real time generated).

MushThePainter said:

July 10th, 7:11 pm

This looks awesome! I wish it was a PS4 launch day title. Would have created a lot of buzz and have been a system seller for some.

Randc7 said:

July 10th, 7:13 pm

Wish it was also on Vita. That platform REALLY needs a R&C game.

DonRodie said:

July 10th, 7:14 pm

I used to love thse guys, now it seems they went hollywood. Hopefully the make an exclusive Resistance 4 for the PS4 and the love would be back. But this is a great game for PS3.

camiwaits_us said:

July 10th, 7:15 pm

Welcome back, classic R&C!

SpooNManX said:

July 10th, 7:17 pm

I was confused on the last comment. I thought for sure this was the announcement for the new R&C movie.

It seems crazy to show off another R&C game so soon after the last was just released, and before that the R&C HD Collection, and just before that, All4One… You better give these guys a break!

James Stevenson's Avatar

James Stevenson said:

July 10th, 8:18 pm

What can I say, we’re Insomniacs!

gunny5 said:

July 10th, 7:17 pm

Very excited for this.

Loved the future series and have faith you guys will create something just as awesome.

steelers_111 said:

July 10th, 7:17 pm

i love and i will probably buy it!

Icestar10 said:

July 10th, 7:19 pm

Would a PS4 version be possible?

Cck17 said:

July 10th, 7:23 pm

Never knew EU didn’t use the future thing. I learned something new. :D

Thank you very much for answering my questions James! Can’t wait to pick it up on day one.

It’s cool seeing you guys going back to the Nexus game you cancelled many years ago on the PS2.(If that is what this is?)

I hope you guys think about multiplayer like Deadlocked/UYA for a future R&C game. Many fans still crave for it.

James Stevenson's Avatar

James Stevenson said:

July 10th, 8:19 pm

Nah, we wouldn’t go back to Nexus on PS2. That game isn’t really anything like this one, we just like that name. :-)

No multiplayer plans at this time. The fan response always seems to be to put all of our resources and efforts into the best single-player experience possible

DuncanR2N said:

July 10th, 7:24 pm

Fantastic! I love Ratchet & Clank! I’ve been waiting for a return to the awesomeness of the core Ratchet gameplay. I loved the PS2 games, as well as ToD/QfB/CiT. I enjoyed A4O and FFA but they aren’t quite the same. Crack in Time was, in my opinion, the best entry in the entire series and I’d love to see another game like that. Everything about that game was fantastic, the story, the gameplay, level design, cruising around the various systems in the Galaxy. Fantastic game. So glad to hear about another entry!!! One question, will this also mean a return to the pre-A4O character models? Not a huge fan of the redesigned characters.

trekerie said:

July 10th, 7:24 pm

Yet another R&C to add to the collection :)
(And while I know insomniac didn’t dev Size Matters or Secret Agent Clank, seeing both in HD for the Vita is definitely on my wishlist)

TenraiKen said:

July 10th, 7:38 pm

I just have to ask since I am learning 3d modeling. What kind of sorcery do you guys use to have such perfect geometry and yet have the games run so smooth. Most of the time when I play a game, I am actively looking for shortcuts that the devs used such as normals, billboards, and simple sprites. I rarely find any shortcuts like that and if I do, it is so well placed and done so perfectly that I can barely comprehend it. The company name of Insomniac seem like it is is very fitting. You can’t have time to sleep when you are too busy being a perfectionist.

BossmanCCrowder1 said:

July 10th, 7:38 pm

Forget the haters. I am super pumped for this game already! Love the return of the classic Ratchet style. I will be pre ordering as soon as I can!

DeadlyButterfly said:

July 10th, 7:39 pm

I’m extremely happy to see a new “true” Ratchet & Clank game! Very awesome!!!

MosesUnspoken said:

July 10th, 7:39 pm

I’ll buy and support this game, if only to fund the possibility of a PS4 game coming out to coincide with the Ratchet and Clank movie in 2015.

James Stevenson's Avatar

James Stevenson said:

July 10th, 8:20 pm

Thanks so much! You should be able to pre-order very very soon!

darksidersguy123 said:

July 10th, 7:45 pm

ya I might try it out looks pretty interesting!

zultan8212 said:

July 10th, 7:49 pm

I don’t really understand all the negativity about A4O and FFA. Given, they are not my favorite games in the series, but they were something different and I had a good time playing them.

Glad to see another single player game in the series and even happier that the creative director from A Crack In Time is involved. Can’t wait!

Heavenly_king said:

July 10th, 7:54 pm

If this is as good as A Crack in Time I will buy 2 copies!!! :D

@6: So this is the Last R&C game? :O

poodude said:

July 10th, 7:58 pm

I’m really glad to see a new Ratchet and this quote just made me smile:

“At the same time, we love single-player Ratchet adventures. We’ve continued to generate new ideas for weapons, gadgets, and planets. It feels like the time is right to revisit Ratchet’s personal story arc.”

I know you guys have placed an emphasis on multiplayer lately (Fuse, Sunset Overdrive); but I absolutely love singleplayer Insomniac games. The Resistance trilogy is my favourite FPS series of all time and A Crack In Time was amazing. So thank you Insomniac, for once again putting out what I’m sure is to be a great experience.

RepentantSky said:

July 10th, 7:59 pm

Please tell me there will be a physical copy of the game. I have at least one version of every game in the series minus a quest for booty because it doesn’t have a physical copy, and I am always excited to add to the collection.

aelurio1980 said:

July 10th, 8:01 pm

And where is the version of the vita?

KrazE94 said:

July 10th, 8:02 pm

Any news of the R&C Tools of Destruction and Future being available for download in the Playstation store?

Kaneda_Neo-Tokyo said:

July 10th, 8:03 pm

Already bought Ratchet & Clank Collection / Quest For Booty / All 4 One / ACIT / TOD. Won’t miss this one.

Hope to see Ratchet & Clank on PS4. It will be HUGE……

dboy99 said:

July 10th, 8:04 pm

Well, i guess i should get through that ratchet and clank collection i just picked up,gotta try and track down the other ps3 games as well.When will pre orders go up?

martinirage1 said:

July 10th, 8:18 pm

Wow this R&C trailer looks really great! I hope it catapults the series into a new level of awesomeness. I haven’t really felt like the ps3 R&C games captured the originality of the ps2 games.

GENPATTON10 said:

July 10th, 8:18 pm

Since the game is debuting with a price of $30.00, will it be a full game like a Crack in Time or is it more of an expansions with less content then a full fledged Ratchet and Clank Game?

James Stevenson's Avatar

James Stevenson said:

July 10th, 8:24 pm

It’s not quite as big as say, A Crack in Time, but it’s much larger than Quest For Booty or Full Frontal Assault.

theman2900 said:

July 10th, 8:20 pm

They REALLY need to make a R&C on the ps4,!!!!!

GENPATTON10 said:

July 10th, 8:21 pm

What’s the news on the Vita version IGN said there is a possibility, are you planning on trying to get a vita version out there? Keep up the great work, you guys produce great games. I’ve loved every Ratchet game, don’t mind the rude people trashing All 4 One and Full Frontal Assault. You always make great games and take pride in that.

KingCloud13 said:

July 10th, 8:23 pm

I don’t get why R&C A4O gets so much flack. True, it wasn’t a great single player experience like the previous entries, but I don’t think it was meant to be played from that perspective. The game is all about co-op and having a team (I feel that at least 3 people is where the fun really begins) to play with. The entertainment value of that game increases significantly when it’s played how it was meant to be: with a group. It’s a great party game to have for when you are bored with friends and are looking for some good times (a la 90% of the Wii’s library).

That being said, I am very much looking forward to a return to the more classic R&C formula of single player, exploration platformer with all the fun weapons. This is a series that should stick to its roots and continue making quality single player experiences with the signature humor, characters and universe- that’s where this series shines. I was also hoping that this would be a crossover title between the R&C and Jak and Daxter universes (what I got from the teaser photos). I would like to see a quality crossover of that caliber one day given Naughty Dog and Insomniac’s relatively close relationship; if done right it could be an instant classic.

Kaneda_Neo-Tokyo said:

July 10th, 8:23 pm

James Stevenson, someone on twitter said it could be on PS4 too ? Is it true ? Should I take PS3’s version or wait for PS4’s one ?

Hayterfan said:

July 10th, 8:23 pm

Off topic, but a silly rumor when the second image was released had me hoping for a Ratchet x Jak game.
Has that idea ever been toyed around with, an actual action platformer starting two of Sony’s biggest mascot’s (I will never acknowledge Move All Stars)

Randxy said:

July 10th, 8:27 pm

im confused is this before the future series or after

James Stevenson's Avatar

James Stevenson said:

July 10th, 8:36 pm

After. This game is the latest into the timeline of any other, and is an epilogue to the future games

Kaneda_Neo-Tokyo said:

July 10th, 8:27 pm

So it’s PS3’s version for sure. Thanks for the answer. Just want to say everybody in my family (brother/nephews) love Ratchet & Clank. Big Up from France…

James Stevenson's Avatar

James Stevenson said:

July 10th, 8:37 pm

Thanks so much! Merci Beaucoup!!!

PZDugna said:

July 10th, 8:28 pm

nice that a new single player Ratchet is out again but…was kinda hoping for a Jak x Ratchet crossover from those teases =/ owell and $30 is basically a steal for how good the game looks

raidenraccoon said:

July 10th, 8:30 pm

These negative comments about giving the R&C IP to someone else is saddening. I appreciate the new things IG has tried with A4O and FFA. It was freshening and a good break from the norm.

It’s always a risk trying new things, but that’s how we evolve isn’t it? Keep experimenting Insomniac! :D

Anyway, thank you so much for releasing this one on the PS3. My wallet is not ready for a PS4 this year. Really look forward to picking this up shortly after release if I can’t afford a preorder or day 1 pick up!