PS4-Infamous

Killzone: Mercenary Closed Multiplayer Beta: Sign-Ups Now Live

Mark Green's Avatar + Posted by Mark Green on Jul 12, 2013 // Senior Producer, Guerrilla Cambridge

Killzone: Mercenary on PS Vita

Sign-ups for the Killzone: Mercenary closed beta start today! Enter here for a chance to be selected as one of the few participants in the exclusive multiplayer closed beta.

Candidates have until 2:00PM PDT on Wednesday, July 17th to sign up for the public’s first look at Mercenary’s impressive multiplayer package. If chosen to participate, you will receive an email with directions on how to get started.

Mercenary’s multiplayer suite will provide players with a diverse range of weapons, grenades, armor, and special VAN-Guard devices enabling the player to customize their multiplayer load-out slots. This customization supports the tactical element of the game; will you armor yourself up and go in like a tank, or take a more precise approach and assassinate enemies stealthily?

No matter your tactical approach, Mercenary’s multiplayer beta will give gamers an early look into the power and promise of PS Vita as the optimal handheld platform for first-person shooters.

Salivating yet? Sign up now before all slots are filled.

327 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 7

+ DocBoombox on July 12th, 2013 at 4:25 pm said:

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttt…..

+ ovatthehedgehog on July 12th, 2013 at 4:28 pm said:

This is amazingly surprising, I hope to be one of the selected. And i want to say to all the Play Station Comunity that this is a great opportunity to make Killzone Mercenary a better game, a better PS VITA game!, so have fun but don’t forget to notice any errors in the game, and try to test it with other applications (internet, party, youtube, etc) to be corrected in time and obtain a better experience on our PS VITA. That is the reason we bought it, isn´t it?, that’s what we waiting for!!! To play amazing games on it.

+ Enkei-Xpress on July 12th, 2013 at 4:42 pm said:

Signed up. Hope I get in :P

Killzone Mercenary looks incredible! Graphics are insane & both the singleplayer & multiplayer look promising.

Can’t wait to have a go with it, see how well it looks & plays :)

+ pain2288 on July 12th, 2013 at 4:47 pm said:

omg i cant wait! i hope i get one.
omg i cant wait! i hope i get one.
omg i cant wait! i hope i get one.
omg i cant wait! i hope i get one.
PLZ~~~!!!!

+ Stranger_Eddie on July 12th, 2013 at 4:56 pm said:

After a lot of phone game ports overpriced …

FINALLY an EXCLUSIVE Vita game!

THANK YOU for ALL developers Team Killzone: Mercenary!

+ Zionine on July 12th, 2013 at 5:14 pm said:

@UnrealButcher:

I admit that my posting has been a bit overkill….
Hah. Just excitement, I suppose. But that post could have been useful for somebody.

+ WarWithSociety on July 12th, 2013 at 5:35 pm said:

so excited hope i get in!

+ DecadanceFantasy on July 12th, 2013 at 5:38 pm said:

Cool. I didn’t know there was going to be a beta. I signed up, wonder it I’ll get in. Is there a large download associated with it?

+ Enigma777 on July 12th, 2013 at 5:44 pm said:

Been a part of every KZ beta since the first one. Would be nice if my streak continued…

+ bothebo on July 12th, 2013 at 5:48 pm said:

I lost my beta key from the PS Home thing. Is there anyway I can get it back?

+ Shacojin on July 12th, 2013 at 5:58 pm said:

Release a 64GB MEMORY CARD for PlayStation VITA PLEASE!!

+ SR388-Moe9 on July 12th, 2013 at 6:23 pm said:

im so excited for this game!

+ Phoenix7469 on July 12th, 2013 at 6:48 pm said:

I’ve gone on a listing spree in order to purchase a Vita. Hope my stuff sells! Now!

+ FJ1100_rider on July 12th, 2013 at 7:06 pm said:

only six people without plus posting here , maybe psn users finally figured out that plus is worth getting?
I sure hope this beta is first come first in , I signed up seconds after this post was added but could not sign into psn to comment from my psvita today for some reason ( at least the sign up worked using the psvita browser ) might be one of the first to sign up so hopefully first to get a beta code
psvita sure needs this game and any good online game

+ califoreigner on July 12th, 2013 at 7:06 pm said:

dying to play this

+ msdiasjunior3 on July 12th, 2013 at 8:23 pm said:

I want, please !!!

+ TMAZT3R on July 12th, 2013 at 9:06 pm said:

Salivating? I am drooling from anticipation! Signed and ready to go!

+ ImaBossHuuuh on July 12th, 2013 at 9:21 pm said:

I hope i get in i been following the progress of this game since day one

+ youjyouj756 on July 12th, 2013 at 9:36 pm said:

I have VITA Korean version

I wnat to play NEAR in Korea.!!!

and can i have the key?

+ K-EXPERT on July 12th, 2013 at 10:37 pm said:

I am First Person Shooter online player! I own Resistance on my Vita from day one.
I was going to buy COD but when I heared of Killzone : Mercenary, I change my mind and bought a 32GB Memory card for my Vita! !
Resistance was good so far But did not show what I expected to see on Vita!
Guerrilla Cambridge taking a lot of Time to develop the game , which means they are Making “THE” Game on Vita.
Looking forward to play closed beta to support Guerrilla Cambridge Developers and see the power of Killzone : Mercenary on Vita.
“WAR IS OUR BUSINESS”

+ boob-monster on July 12th, 2013 at 11:34 pm said:

oh god i cannot wait pleas let me in. arrgh i need to play killzone on my vita for aaaaAAAAhHHHhh!!!

+ XtremePey99 on July 13th, 2013 at 1:03 am said:

I need a beta of killzone. i’m a fan of this saga. Please give me a beta.

+ AdmiralCloud on July 13th, 2013 at 6:36 am said:

Didn’t we have to do a survey

+ AdmiralCloud on July 13th, 2013 at 6:55 am said:

By the way guys come over to killzone.com and help the killzone mercenary forum grow I have been trying to make it more lively but alot of people don’t come by if u have any questions just go to killzone.com >forums >killzone mercenary forum and let’s help it grow.

+ TBag_062 on July 13th, 2013 at 7:49 am said:

I have be super excited for Killzone Mercenary since it was announced, I hope I get in :D

+ chr69cam on July 13th, 2013 at 7:56 am said:

I’m glad to see that there will be a beta for this title. It seems as though Sony and Guerilla are very serious about Killzone on the Vita. Good luck and I hope this makes Killzone that much better.

+ chr69cam on July 13th, 2013 at 7:57 am said:

Guerrilla*

+ NulearPylone on July 13th, 2013 at 8:56 am said:

Hope I get to Killzone Mercenary Beta Looks Epic Ima Pre-Order this :)

+ NulearPylone on July 13th, 2013 at 9:00 am said:

*Play

+ Tankmen404 on July 13th, 2013 at 10:30 am said:

im like refreshing my email like crazy! im about to burst in excitment!!!

+ AtomicCreativity on July 13th, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

Just signed up, HOPE I receive an invite as this is my most anticipated Vita games so far!! I’ll be excited whether I get in or not because a beta means the game is one step closer to being here lol.

+ Gmafz7 on July 13th, 2013 at 10:59 am said:

Why is my beta code from Playstation Home not working?

+ AdmiralCloud on July 13th, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

Gmafz7 the code u got at e3 is not for this , this is a different beta . Two types of beta public and closed the closed one which is this the devs choose u to test the game for bugs etc.The code we got at e3 is gonna be the finished version of mercenary that’s is finished and has no problems.

+ RicEvans on July 13th, 2013 at 11:30 am said:

This game is awesome. I’m ready to play!
Hope I can earn a beta code

+ Briarios on July 13th, 2013 at 11:53 am said:

Oh man, I hope I get in on this, even if just for nostalgia’s sake — I remember beta testing the original Killzone on the PS2 as part of the GAP program. I’ve been a fan ever since!

+ MadDogxIRLx on July 13th, 2013 at 11:55 am said:

I would love to try this one out..

+ Matthew60two on July 13th, 2013 at 12:14 pm said:

See now this is cool! More companies need to do stuff like this be releasing Beta’s not only for the PS3 hardware/console but also for the PS Vita Handheld as well. I hope Sony does more of this for the PS4 because the more BETA’s you release, the more interest the community/fans will get into the game and most likely buy it day 1. Plus, the best part is that the developers/studio/etc can get feedback DIRECTLY from the players themselves that are playing the Beta as well.

+ xEthical_HackerX on July 13th, 2013 at 1:34 pm said:

:D gonna be awesome if it get choosen

+ alan13vazquez on July 13th, 2013 at 3:14 pm said:

hope i get picked, last year i got one for ps allstars

+ Blekacross on July 13th, 2013 at 3:51 pm said:

yo hope i get this sweet offer for the vita. but how do they know if you have a vita i mean i do but, what if someone signs up but cant use the code

+ AdmiralCloud on July 13th, 2013 at 4:42 pm said:

Blekacross that’s why they ask for your psn ID they can check your trophies.

+ Shadow_X_Forever on July 13th, 2013 at 5:47 pm said:

can someone plzz help me with my problem =( Well, i was thinking, if i Pre order Killzone Mercenary, i get awesome things like the cool Light Machine Gun ( exclusive ) , Blackjacks Briefcase and other things … but what was concerning me was what if i go to EB Games and try to Pre order it and they say i cant. I’m 14 and the games rating is still being determined, so what if i go and they say i cant, sure my parents will help me Pre order it at the place, but what happens when i go pick it up without a parent, i probably wont be able to get the game, and i don’t want to waste my parents time with them coming in the store and confirming everything, i want to pick it up like just like that when its time, so what should i do, sure i could get a parent to come with me but you heard what i said =? what should i do, someone please reply, i’ve really been anticipating this game, all i want is to get the game easily and not make trouble getting it, i hope i get picked for the beta even though i signed up yesterday xD but plzz again someone plzz reply to my problem

+ jrq_1 on July 13th, 2013 at 6:36 pm said:

Signed up! Can’t wait to play this game!

+ mr_showtime40 on July 13th, 2013 at 7:48 pm said:

I’m definitely in for this. Looking forward to the release of the full game as well!

+ V-Angelus01 on July 13th, 2013 at 10:33 pm said:

man, i hope i get picked. i registered yesterday and im just too excited for this one. :D

+ chrisgomez3030 on July 14th, 2013 at 1:58 am said:

signed up, hope i get in, and the mails go off after the limit date is over ?

+ DaGimp13 on July 14th, 2013 at 6:27 am said:

@142 Shadow_X_Forever

well there’s 2 ways you could go about your situation, the first is the direct honest route, despite whatever inconvenience you may believe it to be for your parents, theres upsides and downsides to this, such as your parents knowing what types of games you’re playing, which any mature & respectful adult with children under the 18 should do. you don’t go letting 10 year olds watching pr0n movies, so why would they in their right mind let a 10 year old play M+ (17 or older) games like CoD, BF3, KZ:M, etc??? again, this basically falls on the parent to decide, so while other parents may be more restrictive, others are more likely to give in to “but all my friends have it”. it personally depends on your parents willpower to say no to you.

+ DaGimp13 on July 14th, 2013 at 6:28 am said:

@ 142 Shadow_X_Forever (continued)

the second option is to find a homeless guy to pre-order it for you, but you’d have to find the same homeless dude months later to collect that preorder, and well, homeless people tend to drift alot, going town to town.

My money is letting your parents know what you play, and letting them decide if its too mature for you or not. that’s the idea behind the ratings system, it’s not to prevent you from purchasing games, it’s to prevent your parents from suing the game retailers/developers because it’s then on the parents to decide if their age of minority individual(s) (who they are 100% COMPLETELY legally responsible for until they turn 18!!!) are mature enough or not to access that content…kinda like you can’t buy a pr0n mag, but your dad can determine what age would be appropriate for you to first see nudity…get the idea?

+ DaGimp13 on July 14th, 2013 at 6:34 am said:

@ 142 Shadow_X_Forever (continued)

but yea, if your parents are willing to help you preorder it, I’m certain helping you pick it up wouldn’t be an issue..usually the only time someone under 18 asks a question like yours is when they want to preorder a M+ game without their parents acknowledgement, meaning if you have to hide from your parents what you’re doing, should you really be doing it? You seem like a smart kid, I’m sure you understand what I’m saying. Hopefully, your parental figures are cool with the KZ series and that they’ll assist you in purchasing it :)

+ LaCosTRaNoSTRa_ on July 14th, 2013 at 7:16 am said:

i hope access the beta >__<

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 7