LittleBigPlanet 3

VidZone: Free Music Video App on PS3 Today, Take the Tour

Ben Creasey's Avatar + Posted by Ben Creasey on Jul 16, 2013 // Head Of Production, VidZone

Today I’m happy to announce that we are finally able to bring VidZone to our American comrades! VidZone has had a successful four years and running in Europe and we can’t wait to see the app become a huge hit in the US as well. The free ad-based app includes an expanding catalogue of thousands of music videos from all your favorite artists, including Justin Timberlake, Daft Punk, Pink, Foo Fighters, J.Cole, David Guetta, and many more. It’s out today — watch the video above to take a quick tour.

VidZone_Blog Image 1

Supported by major music labels as well as more than 7,500 independent labels, you can count on getting the latest music videos from the biggest names, including regular exclusives and world premieres, all on your PS3.

• VidZone Highlights
  • Free to users
  • 55,000 music videos
  • Hundreds of pre-programmed music TV channels
  • Hundreds of live concerts
  • Hundreds of artist interviews
  • VidZone_Pop Zone Image

Check out tons of genre-based Zones such as Hip Hop Zone, Rock Zone, and Pop Zone to find your favorite music videos from genre based artists as well as TV Channels like 80’s Party TV, Rock Legends TV, and Hip Hop TV or subscribe to our hand-picked editorial playlists. You can also browse other VidZone app users Zones to save content in your MyZone to make an ultimate library of music files. In addition, you can follow your favorite VidZone users and Artists to keep up to date with new and all-time classic videos. There’s also social integration in the VidZone app which allows users to create and share content on their Facebook pages; gain points to achieve the status of Music Video Superstar by sharing with your friends!

Take a look at some highlights to videos that have just been uploaded to VidZone on PS3:

VidZone brings you a world of music videos tailored completely for you. Download it now for free by installing the VidZone app directly from the TV/Video Services category on the XMB, or find it on PlayStation Store under the Apps category. We welcome questions, comments, and suggestions so please leave your thoughts below and be sure to check out the VidZone app today on your PS3.

You can also check out our YouTube page for cool videos, “Like” us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter.

PAGE 1 2

+ remanutd5 on July 16th, 2013 at 9:12 am said:

Psvita support?

Ben Creasey's Avatar

+ Jon Pike on July 16th, 2013 at 9:43 am said:

Hi remanutd5

You can access VidZone via your Vita with Remote Play if you like. Give it a try and tell us what you think!

+ Xcaligamer1 on July 16th, 2013 at 9:15 am said:

wanted to try this years ago when it was available for eu…but it was region locked i guess as I couldnt even try it on my eu account back then. not as excited but will download. kinda tired at just listening to music unlimited without seeing any music video lol. music unlimited is great for on the go but vidzone is what the house needs

+ antibolo on July 16th, 2013 at 9:18 am said:

Canada?

+ BuriedSorrow on July 16th, 2013 at 9:18 am said:

Nice! Looks really cool. Can’t wait to try it.

+ Thwip on July 16th, 2013 at 9:21 am said:

“…to our American comrades!” So no Canada? Is it one of those apps where I can use my American account to download the app and have it work when logged into my Canadian account? Imagine you can’t really answer that question anyway :)

+ Butters360 on July 16th, 2013 at 9:25 am said:

Will definitely use this. At the same time, Music Unlimited desperately needs an update. Music Unlimited should already have this feature.

+ WrekGar on July 16th, 2013 at 9:30 am said:

This is a definite add to my XMB right along with my Music Unlimited. Now not only can I share my music discoveries from MU now videos as my friend Cade would say AWSOME-SAUCE! Great video Sid.

+ materclobber on July 16th, 2013 at 9:35 am said:

PS Vita???

+ digital_clover on July 16th, 2013 at 9:39 am said:

Just watched the video. I’m curious, are there any Katy Perry tracks on this service?

Ben Creasey's Avatar

+ Jon Pike on July 16th, 2013 at 9:49 am said:

Hey digital_clover

Miss Perry is definitely fully represented, go check her out now!

+ Wayndawind on July 16th, 2013 at 9:40 am said:

Aww Snap, I didnt see this one coming. To busy trophy hunting. Thanks, PS and Vidzone Squads. Much love!

+ PhoenixDowny on July 16th, 2013 at 9:42 am said:

Will this app feature Symphonic (Nightwish), Indie Music, EMO (Flyleaf) and Christian Rock/Pop/Rap (TobyMac/Andy Mineo)?

I suppose this is PS3 exclusive once again. No PS Vita love?

+ Wayndawind on July 16th, 2013 at 9:52 am said:

WHAT!! Remote Play… You should have said that in the Blog. Now if only the other apps can follow.

+ AngelCROME on July 16th, 2013 at 10:05 am said:

Finally!!!! It took about 5 years to get this to the US but better late then never. Bring it to the Vita and PS4 next. Thanx guys, u just made my day. :)

+ SolduNuts on July 16th, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

Man I thought this would never make it across the pond. Thanks for bringing this to the US. Remote Play as well, that is just insane. I will be fully testing this out later tonight after work especially Remote Play. Again thanks for making the PS3 better even though the PS4 launch is right around the corner. I hope that this app using Remote Play will be a good sign for more games and other apps to use this feature on PS3.

Sold.

+ DrApollo on July 16th, 2013 at 10:16 am said:

I’m a little confused do you buy Music videos? Download…stream them?

Ben Creasey's Avatar

+ Jon Pike on July 16th, 2013 at 10:22 am said:

Hey DrApollo

Unlimited, free music video streaming! Hopefully that is the answer you were looking for!

+ ossiecastro5 on July 16th, 2013 at 10:18 am said:

Well this looks interesting. It better have some 80′s – 90′s Freestylemusic. :D

+ paulogy on July 16th, 2013 at 10:19 am said:

Finally!

I remember being excited when I first heard about this, then disappointed it wasn’t in the US. Then I forgot about it since.

Being a huge fan of music videos, this is great news for me. Will be downloading it as soon as I get the chance! So great to continue to see PS3 / PSN support :-)

+ DrApollo on July 16th, 2013 at 10:23 am said:

Yes! That was the answer I was looking for! …Thank you and Awesome!

+ Satnamji on July 16th, 2013 at 10:25 am said:

As someone who grew up with MTV back when they showed music videos, I’m very excited about this. Can’t wait to catch up on some of my favorite classics!

Quick question: I have a PS3, of course, but recently bought a Sony smart blu-ray player (BDP-3100) for another room. Any chance the app will be available across other Sony platforms like that as well?

+ PainOfSarrow on July 16th, 2013 at 10:25 am said:

pretty kool but the youtube app is all you need. i guess this may be more easy to navigate ? il def download this app and give it a try. HIP HOP, is deadddd.

+ bigimpactpooch on July 16th, 2013 at 10:29 am said:

Oooooo time to jam to some Stereo Love!!!

+ Mobius_124 on July 16th, 2013 at 10:32 am said:

About Damn Time! :D

+ Ryusennin on July 16th, 2013 at 10:32 am said:

Enjoy the glorious VHS quality…!

Seriously, VidZone is nice, but I rarely used it since its release a few years back. I can’t see US folks getting excited over this app, when they have so many VOD offerings that are completely locked out of continental Europe.

+ alexisloki on July 16th, 2013 at 10:33 am said:

Is it out today? I don’t find it in the PS Store.

+ ICE_KOLD_KILLA92 on July 16th, 2013 at 10:40 am said:

I have a VERY important question: Are all video from the European version available on the US one? I use to have the UK version and stopped using it because it was missing many big artists mainly from Warner. Are Warner artists/bands finally available? Is all content the same? I want to know if I should get the UK or US version.

+ ICE_KOLD_KILLA92 on July 16th, 2013 at 10:41 am said:

It’s not out yet because the PS Store hasn’t updated. The PS Store updates in the evening on Tuesdays usually.

+ perrandy on July 16th, 2013 at 10:47 am said:

can this app be downloaded thru vita’s download content manager and later copied to my ps3??

+ CaruthK on July 16th, 2013 at 10:47 am said:

Its about time. I was thinking Vevo app but this will do just fine…

+ Sharingan_itachi on July 16th, 2013 at 10:56 am said:

Thank you based Sony for not supporting PSVita and only by doing via Remote Play – which requires PS3.

+ ggoops on July 16th, 2013 at 10:57 am said:

I still want a native app for Vita. So that I can use it while traveling in hotels, airport etc.

I can tolerate 3rd parties not fairly treating vita. Sony should give PS3, PS4 and Vita equal treatment.

+ zenparadox1 on July 16th, 2013 at 11:07 am said:

I think the youtube app is fine thank you very much. The video demo showed me all commercial hiphop junk. I have a feeling I would have to navigate (avoid) tons of popular stuff to get to see anything interesting. I’d rather just do a search on youtube.

Good that there are more apps for people to enjoy though

+ Randxy on July 16th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

im in milwaukee and i dont see it at all

+ rickdanewf on July 16th, 2013 at 11:24 am said:

Sounds like a great app. When can we get it in Canada?

+ Belkan2087 on July 16th, 2013 at 11:41 am said:

“Hundreds of pre-programmed music TV channels”.

That sounds good. I going to check it later.

+ DaPinz on July 16th, 2013 at 11:50 am said:

Wow it’s about time! I wanted this since four years ago from the initial launch of the service… Please tell me this carrying over to the ps4?

+ iannmiguell on July 16th, 2013 at 12:27 pm said:

How come I cannot find this in the Playstation Store?

+ SHINSPIKES on July 16th, 2013 at 12:29 pm said:

Are these vids in HD?

+ iannmiguell on July 16th, 2013 at 12:33 pm said:

Is it only for Playstation plus members?

+ PainOfSarrow on July 16th, 2013 at 1:06 pm said:

iannmiguell maybe you have to wait for the official store update today.

+ iannmiguell on July 16th, 2013 at 1:07 pm said:

ah, thanks so much!

+ DecadanceFantasy on July 16th, 2013 at 1:27 pm said:

I love music videos, so this sounds like fun. Just hope I don’t have to wait for buffers all the time.
    I’ll have to give it a try. I have no clue how to enable remote play for the Vita.

+ Ryumoau on July 16th, 2013 at 2:27 pm said:

couldn’t i watch these same videos and more on youtube?

+ tusunami on July 16th, 2013 at 3:45 pm said:

Now this i’m very curious about this, glad this has finally made it to the states. Will definitely try this out for sure DooD!!!!!!!!!!

+ Senjutsu_Dav on July 16th, 2013 at 4:51 pm said:

Not in Canada, this is a waster of my time.

+ saab01 on July 16th, 2013 at 4:55 pm said:

Not bad maybe I can try this out later.

+ Axecution on July 16th, 2013 at 5:15 pm said:

lol just ignores all the canada questions…

+ Feldinan on July 16th, 2013 at 5:32 pm said:

The app its ok but its missing 720p & 1080p videos Every video its SD.

+ Sephir007 on July 16th, 2013 at 5:33 pm said:

Thank you, thank you and Thank You!!!

+ Elvick_ on July 16th, 2013 at 5:45 pm said:

I’m all for more apps.

I’d prefer a Vevo app though.

No offense VidZone.

+ GMFCO311 on July 16th, 2013 at 6:07 pm said:

Great App. Too bad there are hardly any videos on it. Not even 1 Linkin Park video. Really? lol

PAGE 1 2