Farpoint

Jul 16

Jul 16

VidZone: Free Music Video App on PS3 Today, Take the Tour

Ben Creasey's Avatar Posted by Head Of Production, VidZone

Today I’m happy to announce that we are finally able to bring VidZone to our American comrades! VidZone has had a successful four years and running in Europe and we can’t wait to see the app become a huge hit in the US as well. The free ad-based app includes an expanding catalogue of thousands of music videos from all your favorite artists, including Justin Timberlake, Daft Punk, Pink, Foo Fighters, J.Cole, David Guetta, and many more. It’s out today — watch the video above to take a quick tour.

VidZone_Blog Image 1

Supported by major music labels as well as more than 7,500 independent labels, you can count on getting the latest music videos from the biggest names, including regular exclusives and world premieres, all on your PS3.

• VidZone Highlights
  • Free to users
  • 55,000 music videos
  • Hundreds of pre-programmed music TV channels
  • Hundreds of live concerts
  • Hundreds of artist interviews
  • VidZone_Pop Zone Image

Check out tons of genre-based Zones such as Hip Hop Zone, Rock Zone, and Pop Zone to find your favorite music videos from genre based artists as well as TV Channels like 80’s Party TV, Rock Legends TV, and Hip Hop TV or subscribe to our hand-picked editorial playlists. You can also browse other VidZone app users Zones to save content in your MyZone to make an ultimate library of music files. In addition, you can follow your favorite VidZone users and Artists to keep up to date with new and all-time classic videos. There’s also social integration in the VidZone app which allows users to create and share content on their Facebook pages; gain points to achieve the status of Music Video Superstar by sharing with your friends!

Take a look at some highlights to videos that have just been uploaded to VidZone on PS3:

VidZone brings you a world of music videos tailored completely for you. Download it now for free by installing the VidZone app directly from the TV/Video Services category on the XMB, or find it on PlayStation Store under the Apps category. We welcome questions, comments, and suggestions so please leave your thoughts below and be sure to check out the VidZone app today on your PS3.

You can also check out our YouTube page for cool videos, “Like” us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Sangetsu-II said:

July 16th, 6:11 pm

It doesn’t allow me to use this app, is this app available all U.S. or just main U.S.
    Let me be more clear, does this app support Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgen Islands.

GMFCO311 said:

July 16th, 6:17 pm

Liked the App, but WOW, I sat through about a minute or two of commercials. At least when I watch videos on the Youtube app it’s only a couple of seconds on there! BLAH!!!!

Warped said:

July 16th, 6:31 pm

Wow this is a free service?! as a user of music unlimited since day one this looks like an amazing app. Thanks guys, and keep up the good work at spoiling the PlayStation Community. ill try it out when i get home and let you know how i like it. So far from the video it looks very promising.

ryugottoku said:

July 16th, 7:03 pm

i own a US account , can i access vidzone in Asia via the US account

Phoenix7469 said:

July 16th, 7:42 pm

More apps? More on the PS3 can’t be bad at all!

Maluraq said:

July 16th, 7:42 pm

Vevo would’ve been nice — I just search Vevo on the Youtube app now. I’m hoping for Vevo, Last.fm and G+ integration on the PS4.

lele1620 said:

July 16th, 8:14 pm

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    now where is Play-TV like in the UK and japan and the rest the apps you seem to have on Sony Blu-ray players come on Sony step it up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AngelCROME said:

July 16th, 8:45 pm

Wont let me sign in. It gives me the error that the app is only available in the UK and the other eastern countries. As if it doesn’t work in the US at all.

derb said:

July 16th, 9:51 pm

Looks really cool.

Although in Canada we only have Vevo.

Maybe if it gets popular enough in the US you guys might let other PS owners give it a try?

Fisherziggy said:

July 16th, 10:50 pm

Definitely glad to have this. But I’d give up all the music and video apps for an HBOGo app! Please!

Podyman said:

July 17th, 3:10 am

Not arrogantly placed in most eminent place in XMB? Not arogantly forced without option to delete? I think you SCEA do something very wrong. Look at your SCEE coleagues and their Singsrats, Singspam or whatever it is. Beautifully forced in XMBs Games section, no option to delete, customer support have ready their PR unified answer to numerous complaints about it.

You know that’s all sarcasm.

PainOfSarrow said:

July 17th, 8:46 am

after giving this a good long try. i come to the fact that the youtube app is still far better. WAY more video Content, pretty much anything that exist. WAY better picture quality, yes i even messed with the video settings in VidZone. only 2 DMX songs, really ? the vids are somewhat out of sync. though the same can be said about the youtube app sometimes to. vidzone is not bad but its not any better then the youtube app. maybe future updates will improve it. im still keeping it.

punkmusic2009 said:

July 17th, 9:14 am

can I download it on ps vita I sold my ps3 because of ps4 coming out

Superstone said:

July 17th, 9:33 am

What about Canada, Eh?

WheelchairMan1 said:

July 17th, 11:59 am

PlayStation the Vidzone app Needs improvement in video quality and much more videos Because there is a ton missing from my favorite artist.

plaztiksyke said:

July 17th, 1:39 pm

So, Music Unlimited has inferior audio quality to Spotify’s “extreme” quality of 320kbit/sec Ogg. As a result, most people I know AirPlay to their sound system from the Spotify app on iOS devices.

How does VidZone’s video and audio quality compare to Vimeo? If it’s lower bitrate video and audio than YouTube or Vimeo, then what is the value proposition of using the app at all?

Genuinely curious here — I’d love to see a *true* HD music/video streaming service. Right now, Vudu comes the closest quality-wise. Sony could really innovate here and offer lossless audio streams and high-end video streams; something Microsoft, Apple, *and* Google have been unable/unwilling to do.

Busca-Cabezas said:

July 17th, 3:09 pm

Doesn’t work for me. I keep getting a msg in Spanish saying its only available on EU areas. :'(

Ben Creasey's Avatar

Jon Pike said:

July 18th, 2:16 am

Hi Busca-cabezas

That is strange. Could you email ps-problems@vidzone.tv and we will get to the bottom of your issue?

Thanks

EmperorSupreme said:

July 17th, 5:15 pm

Yeah! I’ve wanted something like this for a long time. Very exciting! Thank you
    Love that we can queue videos

DOGWITCH said:

July 17th, 6:32 pm

cannot access message notification in the app what so ever

Doc_Of_D said:

July 17th, 10:08 pm

@52 – Yeah but it really puts MTV to shame. Not only do you get more ads on MTV, they also don’t even play music anymore…

ngreatshark said:

July 18th, 9:14 am

I am very excited about the possibilities with this app, but some what bummed by the quantity of videos available. seemed like every artist or song I would search for hit a brick wall. Even mega popular artist like Eminem had 2 videos and they were videos from a tour. Seems like most of the content was Miley Cyrus and J Cole.

The interface is somewhat confusing to navigate through. At the moment I’m watching a Beastie Boys video via remote play, it works, but there is quite a bit of screen tearing

lele1620 said:

July 18th, 4:29 pm

vidzone FINALLY came to PS3 in the us i’m glad but one thing I’ve noticed the HD quality needs to be fixed it looks blurry this is with new videosi have a Sony TV which it shouldn’t even look like this and a lot of music is missing like 4 videos for Janet Jackson

KainDrake said:

July 18th, 5:40 pm

Really like it. But, there are way too many ads. I just got the exact same ad three times in a row; back-to-back.

GMFCO311 said:

July 18th, 10:37 pm

@ #73

Same here got the G.I. Joe ads back to back 3 times in a row. lol

digital_clover said:

July 19th, 9:20 am

Touché PSBlog. I keep forgetting how sarcasm can be lost when translated into comments. Now my previous comment makes me look like a big Katy Perry fan. I suppose there are worse things to be in life.

American_98 said:

July 19th, 1:09 pm

when will be available in Latin America?

joeygonzales956 said:

July 20th, 3:03 pm

I’ve recently been using Vidzone and its great. But I’m wondering if y’all will be adding more music videos anytime soon? I listen to a lot of hip hop and rap music but there’s a select few artist I love to listen too such as Too Short, Project Pat, DMX, Jadakiss, Ice Cube, Bun B and South Park Mexican. But most of these artist I cant find any music videos for on Vidzone.

Mudvayne_I5 said:

July 21st, 10:45 pm

Could y’all add these Rock/Metal bands to the service?

Pantera, Damageplan, Days Of The New, Metallica, Iron Maiden, InFlames, Angle Witch, Static-X, Overkill, Fear Factory, Default, Puddle Of Mudd, Stone Temple Pilots, Tantric, Godsmack, and 10 Years.

Spyroluver88 said:

July 22nd, 10:06 pm

I was very excited to use this new service because I am an old MTV fan from back when they actually played music videos 24/7. I have tried the service now for a few days and I have some suggestions for you. I realize the ads must be there but watching the same ad 4 times in a row is tedious. First day this happened with GI Joe and the second day with and engagement ring commercial. Back to back with the same commercial. Also, the FB share does not tell anyone what video you are watching. It just links to a page which describes the app.
    Plus, it would be wonderful to see these videos in HD.
    That being said, I love the ability to make playlists and having Remote Play is a definite plus in my book. I am sure it will get better after a few solid updates. I am thrilled that I will get my music video fix. Thanks for bringing this to PS3/PSV.

thelastbill said:

July 30th, 7:16 am

STOP WITH ALL THE ADS!

Why is it that if I play a “zones” I get 6 ads after just two songs??? Most of the time its the same ad over and over again.

BigDiz420 said:

August 11th, 4:57 pm

i have been using this since it hit in july in the US great app !! i have noticed that at least 1 of the videos i would watch has disappeared ( artist TRAPT ) and another huge band Avenged Sevenfold only has 1 video … and is there anything you can do about spacing out the ads … but as an adult user all in all i love the app sooo glad you guys brought it to us … and keep up the awesome job of add more videos for us thanks

PAGE 1 2