Final Fantasy XV

Jul 18

Jul 18

Conversations With Creators: Infamous Second Son on PS4

Brian Fleming's Avatar Posted by Sucker Punch Productions

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer outdoors in the nice weather! We’ve been looking through our windows with envy as we continue working hard on Second Son. Last time we checked in, we were debuting a trailer and a taste of Delsin’s smoke abilities at E3… It was really exciting for us to see the response from all of you — and we were also grateful to leave E3 with an armload of nominations and awards from the media. It all was a nice lift for us as we continue to try to make Delsin’s story in Seattle into something special…

Here’s something else for you to take a look at, another entry in the “Conversation with Creators” series. The crew behind these came up and interviewed us about what it’s like making PS4 games, and our experiences with the DualShock 4 controller (which is great, by the way!). In addition to myself, Sucker Punch senior staff members Nate Fox, Jaime Griesemer and Horia Dociu discuss what developing Second Son has been like, and some of the things we’re each excited about…

That’s all I’ve got for today, surely there will be more soon, but meanwhile let us know what you think here, on Twitter, and on our official Facebook page as we release information in the upcoming weeks. Did anyone say GamesCom?

Add Your Own

bball230 said:

July 18th, 9:05 am

First! Can’t wait for this game :)

Vita remote play would be sick too!

MakoSOLIDER said:

July 18th, 9:06 am

Most anticipated Launch Window title

bball230 said:

July 18th, 9:08 am

Also.. When will hair look natural/ normal in video games? Still not this gen it looks like?

MakoSOLIDER said:

July 18th, 9:10 am

lol come on PS video guys! When PS4 was first announced every PS4 video had that nice blue shaded PS logo. The vid image even has it. Yet since E3 all the videos go back to the regular black and white logo! Next gen Color coding people!

archGelan said:

July 18th, 9:13 am

Waiting for a PS4/inFAMOUS SS Bundle myself. I won’t be buying the PS4 until this game comes out.

T3DV0L70L1N4 said:

July 18th, 9:27 am

So far Infamous is the only first-party PS4 title I’m psyched for. I really wish this was a launch title. My launch day PS4 will be very lonely for a while.

GhostMachine1 said:

July 18th, 9:34 am

I love the fingerprint thing.

lisatsunami said:

July 18th, 9:36 am

I love this IP so will definitely pre-order but where is the CE?! I want a steel case, an art book, something like that, for this Sony exclusive on its new console debut!

Zacky-V-A7X said:

July 18th, 10:13 am

The most next gen title, can’t wait!!

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

July 18th, 10:17 am

This game is AMAZING yet its like saints row 4..only you cant drive or customize anything..so that being said, i will be enjoying saints row 4 till next year when more AAA games hopefully get released. Fingers crossed for GOD OF WAR, Syphon Filter and Motor Storm :p

TJLEW said:

July 18th, 10:19 am

I can’t wait for this game

@ MakoSOLIDER Sadly they said at E3 it’s not going to be a launch title, it’s coming early 2014.

supermoc10 said:

July 18th, 10:20 am

This is my most anticipated game on PS4. It simply looks amazing.

Unrelated: Will you guys have guides for Hard Drive replacements when the PS4 launches? I plan on replacing the base one with a 1.5TB one instantly.

KazeEternal said:

July 18th, 10:33 am

What about the fun cool ways that the PS4 Eye are integrated into the game? PlayStation Move? Is the move even compatible with PS4? When are we going to see a move upgrade that lets us play a skyward sword like title?

buddyng4 said:

July 18th, 10:41 am

I hope someone’s making infamous for vita and we get an announcement at gamescom.

dodgedoors said:

July 18th, 10:51 am

@14 Agreed sony needs to throw some cash Vita’s way, mainly to suckerpunch and they need to give Ken Levine whatever he needs to work on/finish Bioshock Vita both games would be system sellers. Combine it with a price drop on system, and a major one with memory cards and vita would give 3ds a run for the money.

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

July 18th, 11:41 am

@13 thats a good question..i hope they dont forget about the MOVE..especially since ive supported it so much..

D-Squad3 said:

July 18th, 12:38 pm

Release date PLEASE

AdmiralCloud said:

July 18th, 12:42 pm

They seriously don’t know how many vitas would be bought if they made infamous second son

AdmiralCloud said:

July 18th, 12:44 pm

And since killzone mercenary is coming out if Sony would consider making a killzone bundle at $200 there would be a really big increase on the vita sale chart

BlueBl1zzard said:

July 18th, 12:44 pm

@Kaze Eternal and nYcFrEeWiLL82 based off that puppet demo Media Molecule showed off at the Playstation 4 reveal event back in February, I was under the impression that the move is indeed PS4 compatible.

derb said:

July 18th, 12:46 pm

I wonder if the creators have seen that movie Chronicle? A few similarities.

I need to jump into & finish the first 2 games. Or do you not need the back story to appreciate this one?

DION3TO said:

July 18th, 12:52 pm

This is my most antecipated PS4 game.
I have lots of expectation for it, as I totally like the first two inFamous.
And I am sure Sucker Punk will deliver it ;)

Great video!

Berae said:

July 18th, 1:14 pm

This is my most anticipated next gen title. I just hope its as good as infamous 1 because I didnt like Infamous all that much, story was weak compared to the first.

Berae said:

July 18th, 1:16 pm

I meant… I didnt like infamous 2 all that much compared to the first 1

tusunami said:

July 18th, 1:22 pm

This game has alot to live up to the series, which was superb.

JaguarCRO said:

July 18th, 1:23 pm

I can’t wait for this title, but I will say I am glad that it is launching in Early 2014 so that it gets its proper chance to shine (and I get time to play the other Open-World Launch games :-).

Hopefully Sony will bring this title & I will get a chance to go hands-on at PAX Prime.

Senjutsu_Dav said:

July 18th, 1:26 pm

I liked the 1st one, and loved the second (platinum), can’t wait to get my hands on this one.

gekko1986 said:

July 18th, 1:53 pm

Hope this is 60fps.

AmazingSpideythe said:

July 18th, 2:14 pm

Hi Sony,just to give you a tip:1 Do not put new games only on ps4 because you should put it on other sony systems like ps3. You will get alot of money if you put it on more systems. I just told this to youtube when i saw a ne super smash bros because it said only for wiiu and 3ds. And I don’t have any of those. So please dont have only one option for a game have multiple choices. Thank you.

plaztiksyke said:

July 18th, 2:50 pm

Sounds like they are going for a kind of X-Men sideways approach to GLBT rights, which is great. I’m just curious, can the player choose for the main character to be gay? Are there any GLBT characters in the game?

So glad to hear the audio is all going to be 24-bit (I assume that’s what he meant by High Dynamic Range). The few PS3 games that have 24-bit native audio assets and mixing are a revelation compared to the others. I’m really looking forward to PS4 games having 24-bit/lossless audio as a *default*.

Will there be 3D support? Move support? Vita as second-screen?

Capshot18 said:

July 18th, 3:00 pm

As a huge fan of this franchise (and Sucker Punch in general), I am extremely excited for this. Second Son is my biggest motivation for getting a PS4, and I know you guys won’t disappoint. Looking forward to playing this (hopefully) early next year!

Kchow23 said:

July 18th, 3:12 pm

I am super excited to play Second Son, but the touch pad ability seems kinda thrown in. I hope you guys have some more innovative ideas for it.

Nano1124 said:

July 18th, 5:43 pm

I want to play this game so bad. I love inFAMOUS 1 and 2. Wish it was a launch title but the wait will be worth it.

Kasaix said:

July 18th, 6:03 pm

I don’t intend to get the PS4 for quite a while after it’s release. I do, however, intend to get this day1. Will we hear anything about Cole in this? Like, some homage to the hero that he was? Running up and beating people with his amp as Delsin would be sweet.

Phoenix7469 said:

July 18th, 6:24 pm

Oh my, what outstanding graphics you have. All the better to game with!

starscreamerx31 said:

July 18th, 7:29 pm

This game was the first game i pre ordered. A little heart broken that it wasn’t a launch game but oh well.

shermanlai said:

July 18th, 9:04 pm

Yeah, this plot has been done. It was called X-Men.

QuiteUndead said:

July 18th, 11:59 pm

Even though it’s not a launch title.This is the game that sold me on the PS4.

winstonxarilo said:

July 19th, 12:24 am

Just platinum’d inFamous 2 and am working on doing the same for the first. Love the series. Super stoked to get my hands on this, mostly to see how they handle the story, and to see how a whole new skill set feels.

DeMoNSeed11 said:

July 20th, 12:35 am

Hmm… Never played,the others not my type game , never interest me. :/

iREVOLTER said:

July 20th, 2:53 am

Looking forward to play it ^_^

Knightedrik said:

July 20th, 5:14 pm

Using a cover band for Nirvana… sucks. Seattle IS Nirvana. Make it right or take it out entirely.

xX-Mozart-Xx- said: