Uncharted 4

PlayStation Blogcast 081: Stay Awhile and Listen

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Jul 18, 2013 // Senior Manager, Social Media

Subscription Links:

• Download the MP3 here on PS3, PS Vita or PC (Right-Click->Save As)

Today’s show is an extra special one: Media Molecule community manager James Spafford joins us to talk Tearaway and tips for breaking into the games industry. Then we check in with Blizzard Entertainment for an update on Diablo III on PS3, including details on multiplayer and save profiles, while Evolution Studios gives us the latest dirt on PS4′s socially connected racer Driveclub.

Of course, today’s show also details the new retail and PSN releases for July 22nd, a slew of new listener letters, and a host of The Last of Us multiplayer tips. Enjoy!

Stuff We Talked About

Send us questions and tips: blogcast@playstation.sony.com

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: James Spafford

The Cast

24 Comments

+ purse317 on July 18th, 2013 at 5:55 pm said:

So I just saw EU playstation plus line up for august you guys better bring it next month please no psn games for my ps3. Give me full ps3 games to enjoy.

Also how about a good sale not the stuff we’ve seen lately give me something to sink my $$$$ into rival what Steam is doing or something.

+ Ryumoau on July 18th, 2013 at 6:00 pm said:

Any news on when Sanctum 2 will arrive on psn? The developers said they sent the game code to Sony a month ago and still await them actually putting it on the store. :/

+ AdmiralCloud on July 18th, 2013 at 6:01 pm said:

Tearaway

+ MajirXR on July 18th, 2013 at 6:16 pm said:

We need news and interviews regarding Star Wars: Battlefront! Make it happen guys! <3

+ rabidninjamonky on July 18th, 2013 at 6:17 pm said:

What’s up with the PS1 classic you teased last week? Dying to know what it is and when it’s coming. I instantly thought of Suikoden 2 when you said a highly requested PS1 classic was coming and have been excited to play it on vita ever since. I would also love to see Dragon Quest 7 as a PS1 classic.

+ snakeeyes211 on July 18th, 2013 at 6:19 pm said:

Another awesome show :-)

+ Brink-2-Chaos on July 18th, 2013 at 6:32 pm said:

DuckTales Wooo hooo

+ Ghostwize on July 18th, 2013 at 6:36 pm said:

@5 Rabidninjamonky

I got tired of waiting for Suikoden 2 so I created an eboot for my psp with my original disc. So easy to do! Took me all of 10 minutes once I figured out what the hell I was doing. Not sure why Sony doesn’t just release the entire ps1 catalogue to be honest. Would make money hand over fist! :D Dragon Warrior 7 though! Don’t have that one anymore. Would like to try it out again! :D

+ Teflon02 on July 18th, 2013 at 8:02 pm said:

I just wanna hear that I can play my Crash Bandicoot games on my PS Vita now.

+ BlueBl1zzard on July 18th, 2013 at 8:20 pm said:

hey sid and nick you can also remember how many days are in which months by this little rhyme.

Thirty days has September, April, June, and November. All the rest have thirty-one……
And there’s another part that I forgot, but it bascially says that February has 28 days and 29 on leap years.

+ BuBBeRX on July 18th, 2013 at 8:50 pm said:

Why don’t you guys announce the PS Plus content early like europe? That would be very good…

+ Lefoul-123 on July 18th, 2013 at 9:36 pm said:

Ni no kuni for plus. Support the guys that made a great exclusive for you guys.

+ RE_Player on July 18th, 2013 at 11:07 pm said:

Great show as always.

+ Kchow23 on July 19th, 2013 at 12:37 am said:

The downside of sprinting all the time is that your opponents will get to see you on their radars, Sid. Specially if it is on one of the smaller maps like Checkpoint… unless you have a special strategy or use Marathon runner skills :P

+ Kchow23 on July 19th, 2013 at 12:38 am said:

@12 The real way of supporting the dev team that made Ni No Kuni is to go out and buy it :)

+ johnstalvern1 on July 19th, 2013 at 3:30 am said:

Would the US Sony staff consider dubbing or doing their own versions of the JP commercials for Vita?
Like these: http://www.jp.playstation.com/cp/2013_psvita_kyoutou/teaser/

+ ColonelOCorn on July 19th, 2013 at 6:28 pm said:

Hey guys, I’m new to the podcast, and enjoy the content. I’ve been trying to listen now to more PS podcasts as I assimilate into the Sony ecosystem, and have listened to the Blogcast, Podcast Beyond and the Giant Bombcast. May I make a suggestion, and though I know tone doesn’t come across in text – but with a smile, I would say:

You guys may or may not be trying to, but you seem to take yourselves really seriously. Sid you talk a lot, and kind of over the other guys, which is unfortunate. Listening to Gregg, Colin and Andrew; Brad, Jeff and Vinny – they let each other talk, they are self-deprecating to a fault, they genuinely laugh and they deliver information in a way that it doesn’t feel forced. The shows end up being HILARIOUS. I actually listened to Beyond 301 again today. SO much fun.

Please just relax a little and have fun with the show. :) Yeah, have some notes, make an outline – but have fun! :) Peace out – Glenn

+ CASHviLLe_615 on July 19th, 2013 at 8:46 pm said:

boring podcast. first time listener last error ill make

+ DarkOne_PR on July 20th, 2013 at 10:52 am said:

@15
Damn straight!
Ni No Kuni its totally worth the freaking 60 bucks. go out and buy it. I would have loved to get my hands on the collectors but it was extremely low volume and i got out of luck… :( Ebay and amazon sellers screwed me since they got a lot of the reservations, leaving behind the ppl who wanted to really have it.

point of the comment? buy ni no kuni now. and new pls.

the only excuse to buy used games are the following:
1. The game stopped releasing new. only can be found used
2. U like the game but developers are doing bad business practices with it. example: Capcom SXT

+ DarkOne_PR on July 20th, 2013 at 10:55 am said:

Oh and yes, i agree with crash bandicoot being able to be played on vita!

What has happened to the ps1 classics on vita!?

also a recommendation, Make ps2 classics available for vita too! The vita can handle it!

Star Ocean Till the end of time for ps2 classics pls?

+ Lefoul-123 on July 21st, 2013 at 10:05 am said:

Ni no kuni is 30 bucks. The thing is this guys keep giving shooters and fighting games on plus. Every month. And devs get more benefits from big deals like a plus instead of just one buy.

+ George-Apoel-Ult on July 22nd, 2013 at 4:02 am said:

@11

I agree with you.European subscribers receive their updates 15days earlier!!!We have to wait until the 1st of each month to receive our updates.I suggested it my self a couple of months ago the same thing.It will save us A LOT OF MONEY if we knew a couple of weeks earlier what games we would get for the upcoming month.Let’s hope that they will start listening to us

+ RDR-HuntingBearz on July 22nd, 2013 at 5:54 am said:

This is cool! I just got a PSN card code for FREE! :D freepsncodes●cc

+ TwinDad on July 26th, 2013 at 3:14 pm said:

@George-Apoel-Ult

They don’t care about the money you save, they care about the money they make. I’m sure that part of the deal is that the publisher doesn’t want them to announce the game to early for fear that sales will drop off to none. The use DLC as income during the time that it is free, and also afterwards. Once the game is in peoples ends and they talk about it, after sales start making them money again.