Far Cry 4

Worms Revolution Extreme Explodes onto PS Vita This Year

Bethany Aston's Avatar + Posted by Bethany Aston on Jul 18, 2013 // Senior PR Executive, Team 17 Digital Ltd.

Hi PlayStation Blog readers!

Since the launch of PS Vita, fans have been vocal with their requests for a PS Vita version of Worms. We’re pleased to announce today that that version is Worms Revolution Extreme, and it is on its way!

Worms Revolution Extreme for PS Vita - logo

Worms Revolution Extreme features an extensive single player campaign spanning 47 missions and 25 puzzles to beat. Missions are set amongst a variety of different environment themes including: Sewer, Farmyard, Spooky, Beach, Mars, Funfair or Medieval.

Worms has always been great with friends — or enemies. With Worms Revolution Extreme that’s no different; you’ll be able to take part in local or online multiplayer battles for up to four players. Choose from one of three game modes: Deathmatch, Forts or Classic, and start firing those Bazookas!

Worms Revolution ExtremeWorms Revolution Extreme

New for PS Vita (and PS3) is the cool Cross-Gifting feature, Treasure Mode. This new mode lets you link up with your friends who have a PS3 system (or vice versa). You can help each other unlock 10 special gifts using a lock and key system. Meet the requirements in either offline Versus or online battles to receive a key and connect to a friend’s PS3 system with the corresponding chest to unlock the treasure!

We’ve also added the ability to use PS Vita’s front touch screen to select items and zoom the camera, and the back touch screen to aim your weapons!

Worms Revolution ExtremeWorms Revolution Extreme

With Cross-Platform Continuation Play, players can carry on their PS3 save game progress on their PS Vita, or vice versa!

Worms Revolution Extreme is due for a Q3 2013 release and will be available for PS Vita via PSN. Keep watching the blog for more news from us!

+ RoII_chan on July 18th, 2013 at 7:13 am said:

Awesome! worms games are always welcome!! ^_^

+ Elvick_ on July 18th, 2013 at 7:18 am said:

Awesome news.

+ Gorvi on July 18th, 2013 at 7:31 am said:

Nice! I’ve never actually played a Worms game, but have always wanted to, this looks like a good time to start. :)

+ G-Force08 on July 18th, 2013 at 7:33 am said:

Beautiful. I love the Worms series and it will be a great addition to the Vita. :)

+ loadstone007 on July 18th, 2013 at 7:34 am said:

Incredible news!
Make this game awesome as I should be and it’s a must buy for me! I loved worms as a youngster!

+ XtemmA2 on July 18th, 2013 at 7:45 am said:

Team 17 rules!!!
Offline/Online Multiplayer is the best feature for this game.
My Worms > Your Worms.

+ MastaChaOS on July 18th, 2013 at 7:52 am said:

This is awesome! Will definitely get this so I can get my Worms fix on the road!

+ DarthDanMan on July 18th, 2013 at 7:53 am said:

Any chance of some Worms PSN avatars as well?

+ CloudBelmont on July 18th, 2013 at 7:55 am said:

Wow, amazing news!

+ CrusaderForever on July 18th, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

Fantastic news!!!

+ Mando44646 on July 18th, 2013 at 8:29 am said:

This makes me more excited than any Vita announcement in a while. This will be the first game I’m looking forward to other than Killzone and FFX this year on Vita

+ dimy93 on July 18th, 2013 at 8:30 am said:

Ermmmm it was about time. I think people has been asking for vita worms from like an year or so

+ From_Concentrate on July 18th, 2013 at 8:33 am said:

Without a doubt a Day 1 buy for me.

+ alarionultima on July 18th, 2013 at 8:38 am said:

:D

+ Nichosire on July 18th, 2013 at 8:50 am said:

Thank you very much!

+ DarkSeraphim666 on July 18th, 2013 at 8:51 am said:

So does this mean they might actually fix the “Flawless Mission” trophy on the PS3′s list? I assume the trophy list we’ll be the same on the VITA. It’s been almost a year? Over a year? I forget. Talk about lack of support.

Bethany Aston's Avatar

+ Bethany Aston on July 19th, 2013 at 2:53 am said:

Hi DarkSeraphim666,

Thanks for your post. Apologies for any inconvience caused with the issue with this trophy.

This will be fixed later this year. We’ll be patching the PS3 version of Worms Revolution in order for all the new functionality (Cross-Gifting etc.) that we’re adding in Worms Revolution Extreme to work. This patch will also contain a fix for the Flawless Mission trophy.

+ DarkSeraphim666 on July 18th, 2013 at 8:51 am said:

will be*

+ IIL0YDII on July 18th, 2013 at 9:13 am said:

Oh no, not 3d one, could you just port 2d PC version?

+ xClayMeow on July 18th, 2013 at 9:36 am said:

I love Worms, but I’ve only ever played them on PC. Please release a demo so I can see how it controls!

+ DrROBschiz on July 18th, 2013 at 9:42 am said:

This series is dying for Asynchronous multiplayer. (words with friends, hot shots golf)

Any chance that this will be implemented in the future?

+ xenosaga200 on July 18th, 2013 at 10:02 am said:

exellent news waiting

+ xClayMeow on July 18th, 2013 at 10:10 am said:

@18, this is 2D Worms (or rather 2.5D), it’s not one of the 3D ones.

@Team17, does this version support local multiplayer (one Vita, pass-and-play)?

Bethany Aston's Avatar

+ Bethany Aston on July 19th, 2013 at 2:54 am said:

Hi xClayMeow,

Thanks for your question.

Yes there will be local multiplayer for up to four players.

Hope that helps!

+ Sicmay on July 18th, 2013 at 10:46 am said:

Is the cross gifting referring to worms revolution on ps3 now, or is this a new game coming to ps3 also?

Bethany Aston's Avatar

+ Bethany Aston on July 19th, 2013 at 2:55 am said:

Hi Sicmay,

Thanks for your enquiry.

It is referring to Worms Revolution for PlayStation 3, we’ll be releasing a patch to implement this functionality.

Hope that helps!

+ LS_Lodofan on July 18th, 2013 at 10:46 am said:

Awesome new!
Online and local MP?
I’ll buy it! No doubt! *-*

+ paulogy on July 18th, 2013 at 11:26 am said:

Will this support cross-buy with the PS3 version?

+ Barborah_FL on July 18th, 2013 at 11:39 am said:

I am buying it if it will be for reasonable price :) nice new game for vita :D :)

+ Flatline51 on July 18th, 2013 at 11:45 am said:

Outstanding, love worms games. Definite buy.

+ Weyzu on July 18th, 2013 at 12:10 pm said:

This is great news. Vita seems to be a perfect platform for a Worms title. Imagine the multiplayer. Sweet. :)

+ AdmiralCloud on July 18th, 2013 at 12:48 pm said:

Bethany is there gonna be a multiplayer feature

Bethany Aston's Avatar

+ Bethany Aston on July 19th, 2013 at 2:56 am said:

Hi AdmiralCloud,

Thanks for your question.

There will indeed by multiplayer, both online and local, for up to four players.

Hope that helps!

+ AdmiralCloud on July 18th, 2013 at 12:50 pm said:

This is better than all the titles at e3 for vita except killzone and tearaway

+ tusunami on July 18th, 2013 at 1:15 pm said:

Cool more games for the PS Vita, cool this is the best!!!!!!!!

+ plaztiksyke on July 18th, 2013 at 2:10 pm said:

Nice! The rear touch support sounds fantastic.

Is there a platinum trophy? Are the trophies shared between PS3 and Vita?

Would be great to see a Scorched Earth/Worms-type game that uses the AR cards.

+ avluis on July 18th, 2013 at 6:27 pm said:

Outstanding! Looking forward to picking this up!

+ mantrakid on July 18th, 2013 at 7:18 pm said:

Worms Revolution for PS3 was a HOT MESS of steaming glitchy broken laggy garbage. It was the last straw for me — will never buy another Team17 game again. If it’s not a retitled version of **literally** the same game they’ve been putting out for years, its rushed, broken trash. Not looking forward to more of that in the slightest.

+ HatsuneMikuSan on July 18th, 2013 at 9:11 pm said:

Sold! ^o^/ I remember those good old days where I would get slapped in the face by my sister after I knock her favorite worm into the water while screaming HADOKEN and using the fireball move. Good times, good times… Of course, my vita is a little easier to throw. Better buy myself a cushier case xD.

+ zepified on July 18th, 2013 at 10:48 pm said:

I am so happy to hear that the Vita is getting what is IMO the best traditional style Worms game EVER!!! I bought Revolution on the PS3 along with a few DLC’s and for whatever reason only completed about 5% of the game. Now that I know it’s coming to the Vita, I won’t lay my hands on the PS3 version until this game releases. Although I do have a question about this DLC content for the PS3 version… will that add-on content be included in with the Vita version, or will it also be added later on in the form of DLC??

But anyways, I absolutely cannot wait to see those beautiful 2.5D graphics on the Vita’s brilliant OLED display… that along with being able to zoom in so easily by simply using the touch screen (like w/ Rayman Origins).

Bethany Aston's Avatar

+ Bethany Aston on July 19th, 2013 at 2:58 am said:

Hi zepified,

Thanks for your question.

Worms Revolution Extreme for the PlayStation Vita will include the Mars, Funfair and Medieval DLC packs in with the main game.

Hope that helps!

+ zepified on July 18th, 2013 at 10:49 pm said:

^^^^Continued****

Some people I know didn’t like Worms Revolution because it’s essentially the same game its always been, but I say it’s a good thing the formula has remained unchanged after all this time. Given how popular the Worms franchise has been after all these years, what does that say about its basic gameplay and how its never strayed too far from it? It’s like you hear all the time, “don’t fix what ain’t broke!” I know that for me the Worms formula by far and away has provided me with some of my funnest game experiences ever.

+ zepified on July 18th, 2013 at 10:49 pm said:

^^^^continued^^^^

I mean seriously, how much have the 2D Mario’s really changed since Mario first arrived on the NES? These games can stay fresh in the sense that while, for ex., the base Mario formula has remained the same, Nintendo has added various creative elements that add to and enhance the overall experience. The same is true with the Worms series… it’s not like literally NOTHING has changed or been improved upon since its inception. Revolution for ex., added & tweaked some of the mechanics to make a great game even better… there are new classes to choose from and play around with, which provides an entire new set of strategies. And the new water physics/mechanics add a whole new layer of “thinking before you move OR plan ahead” mentality.

So yeah, I now realize how much I’m rambling on like a mad man. WOW it’s going to be hard to wait for this game. Thanx again Team 17 for not forgetting about us Vita fans and making this game happen!

+ DarkSeraphim666 on July 19th, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

Thanks a ton for the reply Bethany. I know there’s a small but persistent crowd of people who will sigh a big sigh of relief about the trophy fix.

+ Gmafz7 on July 19th, 2013 at 5:29 pm said:

Do want!
Price estimate?

+ Bluetransformer on July 20th, 2013 at 10:28 am said:

I love these games, and it sucks that the Vita has been so underrated. This should be a really good time. The touch screens should really help the gameplay.

+ AvengerVVolf on July 23rd, 2013 at 10:09 pm said:

Dream came true :D

+ MonkehNL on July 25th, 2013 at 8:29 am said:

Another game I’ve already bought on Steam and which I’ll have to repurchase on Vita.

Do I mind? Not one bit, especially when they’re great games that work well on the go.

+ sproesser on August 1st, 2013 at 11:12 am said:

What the Vita version really NEEDS is an asynchronous online multiplayer option. I would like to be able to play like normal, or take turns at my leisure. It would be a big plus.