PS3-TLOU Left Behind

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Coming to PS3

Jun Yoshino's Avatar + Posted by Jun Yoshino on Jul 19, 2013 // Producer, SCEE

We’re excited to announce that the latest installment in the Hot Shots Golf franchise (which has just celebrated its 15th year anniversary) will be winging its way onto PS3 via PSN on July 23rd for $19.99.

The PS3 version offers everybody’s favorite local multiplayer that supports up to four players, as well as new features such as Real Feel Shot where you can swing your way through courses with your PlayStation Move motion controller.

What’s more, for those of you that own the PS Vita version, all of your downloadable content is cross-buy and will be unlocked in the PS3 version! The Vita patch version 1.06 will bring you up to speed with the PS3, enabling you to play with those on the PS3 version in the online tournaments.

What we think is one of the most exciting features is both PS Vita and PS3 can compete against each other online. And with such a vast array of online tournaments available, you’ll never be short of brand new online rivalries! Take advantage of the Level 4 and Level 5 clubs and balls to get the edge over your buddies!

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational

In true Hot Shots Golf tradition, there will be a vast amount of tournaments, loads of equipment and unique characters and of course we will be providing new content and tournament through our regular updates.

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational

We look forward to seeing you on the golf course!

PAGE 1 2

+ TheBlackOthello on July 19th, 2013 at 7:11 am said:

Will my Vita save work on the PS3 version?

Jun Yoshino's Avatar

+ Tsubasa Inaba on July 25th, 2013 at 5:19 pm said:

I’m afraid we weren’t able to support the cross-save, as much as we would have liked to.

Comments noted, and will respectfully look into ways to improve the user experience moving forward…

+ ECisMe on July 19th, 2013 at 7:12 am said:

More Hot Shots Golf is never a bad thing.

+ neon_tooth on July 19th, 2013 at 7:15 am said:

nice. my favorite vita game for the ps3. oh, here’s my suggestion. make a new hot shots for the ps4 with a course creator…

Jun Yoshino's Avatar

+ Tsubasa Inaba on July 25th, 2013 at 5:20 pm said:

No promises but duly noted!

+ shrimpdude on July 19th, 2013 at 7:20 am said:

Cross-buy?

Jun Yoshino's Avatar

+ Tsubasa Inaba on July 25th, 2013 at 5:21 pm said:

Unfortunately not, however we feel the price point is still quite appealing.

+ Jakintosh on July 19th, 2013 at 7:22 am said:

Loving the support that this game/franchise is getting. I’m still working on the Vita platinum haha. Any word on cross-buy/cross-trophies? Any benefits for me owning a physical vita copy of the game?

+ mmitch079 on July 19th, 2013 at 7:24 am said:

I agree with neon_tooth. A course creator and character creator where the creations can be downloaded by other PSN users, like Littlebigplanet or ModNation Racers, would be phenomenal and add a ton of replay value.

+ GoodFella2487 on July 19th, 2013 at 7:24 am said:

Can you confirm 60fps? Also, what does this game offer that Hot Shots Golf: Fore does not?

+ jimmyfoxhound on July 19th, 2013 at 7:33 am said:

Very nice! I love the Hot Shots series! Can’t wait to pick this up next week!! Having this game on both my Vita and PS3 is so awesome. I wish the Clap Handz team would consider bringing the Hot Shots Tennis game to the PS3, I’d loooove that!

+ jh6269 on July 19th, 2013 at 7:50 am said:

Can we please also get the Kazuma Kiryu DLC that Japan got? Please?

+ CrusaderForever on July 19th, 2013 at 8:09 am said:

Hots Shots World Invitational Vita was my first Hots Shots golf game and I must say it’s excellent. The challenges are really fun. Glad to see more Hots Shots!

Jun Yoshino's Avatar

+ Tsubasa Inaba on July 25th, 2013 at 5:21 pm said:

Thank you very much for the continuous support!!!

+ ElektroDragon on July 19th, 2013 at 8:53 am said:

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! Finally, it’s about time!! Now some serious questions:

1) Why did it take you SIX years to come up with another Hot Shots game for the PS3?

2) Why was Out of Bounds never patched for Trophies?

Oh well better late than never.

NOW PLEASE a new Hot Shots for PS4 before I die of old age?!? :)

+ Amiable-Akuma on July 19th, 2013 at 8:54 am said:

DISCOUNT FOR PSN PLUS PLEASE! Please, give us a nice discount if we’re PSN PLUS because this is one of the ONLY games I want! Love you guys!

+ Sum-Mischief on July 19th, 2013 at 9:05 am said:

Very cool .. I got this on the vita not too long ago. Sort of wish a PS3 version was available …. and now … it is! Great

+ pacifistay on July 19th, 2013 at 9:36 am said:

This is awesome… I hope my vita save carries over. Love HS Golf.

+ dodgedoors on July 19th, 2013 at 10:19 am said:

I too would like to know of cross save existence.

+ SmokeAdellic on July 19th, 2013 at 10:32 am said:

3DTV support?!

Jun Yoshino's Avatar

+ Tsubasa Inaba on July 25th, 2013 at 5:36 pm said:

No 3D support, I’m sorry…

+ phatmillips on July 19th, 2013 at 11:00 am said:

As a few others are saying this better have cross-save support. I really do not want to start all over again, it literally is a deal breaker for me

+ Ry-Dog on July 19th, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

is this gonna be avalible as a blu-ray disc at retail or is it download only.

just wondering

Jun Yoshino's Avatar

+ Tsubasa Inaba on July 25th, 2013 at 5:37 pm said:

Current plans are for digital download only.

+ krae_man on July 19th, 2013 at 11:21 am said:

Sweet.

Two questions:

1) Separate trophy list?

2) Plus discount at launch?

+ Frulond on July 19th, 2013 at 11:21 am said:

Already bought it on Vita so for me it’s either crossbuy or nobuy

+ BRIT-KO on July 19th, 2013 at 11:21 am said:

But STILL NO TROPHY SUPPORT, thanks but no thanks!

+ Wesker_CVX on July 19th, 2013 at 11:25 am said:

What happen if I buy a brand new physical copy, I will receive free PS3 Version free?

+ littleman794 on July 19th, 2013 at 2:59 pm said:

1) Will we be able to play online with PS Move? 2) Trophies?

+ tusunami on July 19th, 2013 at 3:12 pm said:

This is cool but since I own it on my PS Vita, I don’t see me buying this again.

+ GnomeWizard on July 19th, 2013 at 3:16 pm said:

I hope there is a new Hot Shots Golf coming for the PS4!
Also I hope the move support isn’t as wonky as the one for Out of Bounds, and there better be trophies!!!

+ Green-Elf on July 19th, 2013 at 5:02 pm said:

Please say this offers some kind of Cross-Save or at least some way to synch your progress from the Vita? I have spent way to much time on this game to start from scratch.

Kudos on the Cross-Buy for the DLC. I like seeing those kind of things.

+ Taiko_us1983 on July 19th, 2013 at 5:19 pm said:

A console release is welcoming but I wouldn’t mind more new courses and characters as DLC.

+ VanguardFate on July 19th, 2013 at 6:24 pm said:

Interesting. I love Hot Shots and 20 bucks is not bad. Strongly learning towards buying this.

+ SpooNManX on July 19th, 2013 at 8:39 pm said:

I bought Hot Shots Gold World Invitational (Retail boxed version). Does this mean I will be able to download the PS3 version for free?

It doesn’t look like anyone is monitoring or answering questions in here unfortunately. :(

+ SpooNManX on July 19th, 2013 at 8:59 pm said:

NM, I see its just for the DLC.
I’d like to play it on the PS3, but I just spend $30 to buy it for the Vita. I’m not going to buy it all over again just to play on a larger screen.

+ meFreeman on July 19th, 2013 at 9:40 pm said:

Nice!!!!!! More players (I hope)

+ midnightshade on July 19th, 2013 at 10:05 pm said:

Love the game on the vita! Although I am not that good at it :( I have 4 characters unlocked and the dlc ones. Are those characters in the video new , or are they all in the vita version just I haven’t unlocked them yet? I don’t have any of them, I know that. Anyway , good price, glad the dlc will carry over! :)

+ Deekman on July 19th, 2013 at 10:08 pm said:

Will the Kazuma Kiryu DLC be available at launch? or in the US at all?

+ Elvick_ on July 19th, 2013 at 10:40 pm said:

New Hot Shots Tennis please. :D

+ FJ1100_rider on July 19th, 2013 at 11:53 pm said:

@32
those characters are all in the psvita version, they can be unlocked by beating every challenge and the versus matches
keep playing and you’ll get them all soon enough

wondering why people are asking about trophies trophies, every ps3 game made after 2008 has trophies, it’s mandatory
older games lke the early hot shots for ps3 didn’t have trophies because no ps3 game did back then , some got parched to add trophies but not all
ALL ps3 games do now . stop asking does it have trophies, it’s always YES
and stop saying no crossbuy no buy, $20 for a new ps3 game is cheap especially one this good

+ IcedDice777 on July 20th, 2013 at 7:01 pm said:

I’ll be getting this! Hot shots Golf is the only Golf game i play and enjoy.

+ Sparkz92 on July 21st, 2013 at 4:27 am said:

I already have the Vita version but will probably double dip anyway. Now announce Hot Shot Tennis 2 please!!! :)

+ BRIT-KO on July 21st, 2013 at 4:44 am said:

ITt’s a shame the producer, Jun Yoshino couldn’t stay or come back to respond to some of our questions.

Jun Yoshino's Avatar

+ Tsubasa Inaba on July 25th, 2013 at 5:46 pm said:

Sorry he’s been swamped with business travel and hasn’t been able to jump in, apologies on his behalf!

+ vin_one on July 21st, 2013 at 7:04 am said:

I’m very excited about this, I didn’t start playing Out of Bounds until pretty late but I’m definitely ready for more.

+ Rezolution77 on July 21st, 2013 at 8:48 am said:

Cross buy would definitely make this a better idea to buy.

Not understanding though why Vita games such as Lego Batman, and PS Allstars have not made the PS3 version available to purchasers though.

It might do wonders.

+ Cabanon on July 21st, 2013 at 2:09 pm said:

is there a physical copy release ?? and why did it take so long after the Japanese release to come out ? and it’s not 15th anniversary, it’s 16th anniversary.

+ DJPlace on July 21st, 2013 at 4:14 pm said:

why man why so many freaking games i’m never going get DW8… also i hope there’s going be a cross save for the vita to ps3 and back…

+ Vahn_Magnus on July 21st, 2013 at 5:26 pm said:

I love HSG and I’ve imported the JP version of World Invitational (PS3), but Claphanz (or whoever with authority) really, -really- should have left that awful level 4 and 5 gear DLC in the trash bin, or it shouldn’t be able to be used online in any way.

I understand that simply because someone has that gear doesn’t guarantee them a win or anything of the sort, but all-in-all, it doesn’t make for entirely fair online competition, and just seems like a greedy form of DLC, or rather, it may have been implemented poorly.

Just an opinion.

+ Junkau on July 21st, 2013 at 5:49 pm said:

It’s sad to see that NOBODY from Sony answers our pledge for cross save on this game. I would buy this one if my efforts on the Vita version can be reflected on the PS3 version.

+ Elvick_ on July 22nd, 2013 at 7:48 am said:

@41: Digital only.

+ Yuri-Onee-Chan on July 23rd, 2013 at 2:17 am said:

Can we have hot shots tennis please?

+ flyingoctopus on July 23rd, 2013 at 12:06 pm said:

Am I blind or did this not get released today?

It’s possible that they get released at a certain time during the day and I just don’t know about it because I’ve never actually bought a game the day it came out on PSN.

+ bender on July 23rd, 2013 at 2:22 pm said:

[i]“What’s more, for those of you that own the PS Vita version, all of your downloadable content is cross-buy and will be unlocked in the PS3 version!”[/i]

This feature isn’t working.

+ BlueBl1zzard on July 23rd, 2013 at 8:04 pm said:

Well well, the vita version got an update and some dlc as well. Nice! Thanks!

+ cool_calm_jon on July 24th, 2013 at 5:44 am said:

@43 I could not agree more. I love HSG and purchased the DLC bundle for new characters & courses but the Level 4 & 5 DLC is a garbage idea. Basically moving online play closer to a “pay to win” model, which is fine for a F2P game but pretty unacceptable here. Hopefully it doesn’t tilt online play too much in favor of those who bought the “best” DLC clubs & balls.

PAGE 1 2