PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

The PlayStation Recap – What We’re Reading

Justin Massongill's Avatar + Posted by Justin Massongill on Jul 21, 2013 // SCEA Social Media Specialist

Greetings, humans!

I guess there was some convention or something this weekend, because people keep talking about comic books and movies based on them. (Seriously though, Age of Ultron? Suh-weeeeet.)

Good news on PS.Blog this week: Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (still one of my favorite PS Vita games!) is coming to PS3, and PixelJunk Monsters (still one of my favorite PS3 games!) is coming to PS Vita. Can’t wait to play ‘em both again!

Get yourself some real-life trophies in the Bid for Greatness campaign, wherein you can bid on items from the Greatness Awaits commercial using gold Trophies earned on PSN. I got my dirty little mitts on PS4′s Killzone: Shadow Fall and brought back some firsthand impressions, Runner2 got some friendly new DLC, Retro City Rampage got a fancy new visual upgrade (among other things), and plenty more.

What are you playing this weekend?

• I’m playing: Velocity Ultra, Capcom vs. SNK 2
  • I’m watching: The Office, EVO highlights
  • I’m listening to: PlayStation Blogcast 081, Jamiroquai, I Fight Dragons

What We’re Reading

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

Most-Watched Video of the Week

+ DoTheKiller91 on July 21st, 2013 at 8:09 pm said:

1st?

+ dodgedoors on July 21st, 2013 at 8:38 pm said:

Playing: TLOU multiplayer, HSG Vita
Reading: Callis Rose- Mark Tufo
Listening: The Shods-Stop crying
Watching: Orange is the new black

+ MakoSOLIDER on July 21st, 2013 at 9:00 pm said:

Playing: The Last of Us, Soul Sacrifice
Watching: Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox
Listening: Shadow of the Colossus Soundtrack
Studying: Calculus II

+ deadendblues on July 21st, 2013 at 9:10 pm said:

Miss the novel suggestions playstation…. I’m sure you aren’t just reading web pages anyway my favorite weekly post for playstation….

Reading: diagnosing diabieties with owls
Listening: Sean Nelson making sense
Playing: blazeblue knitt the cave
Watching: padres vs cardinals

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on July 21st, 2013 at 9:57 pm said:

Sorry, I’m not much of a book guy. :( I’ve got a few on the to-read list though: I’m a bit into Catching Fire (before the movie comes out), and I’ve just started Ready Player One. I’d like to start A Song of Ice and Fire, but realistically speaking that’s probably never going to happen.

Do you have any recommendations for a casual reader?

+ EggySong85 on July 21st, 2013 at 9:12 pm said:

Playing: Mass Effect 1 (from the ME Trilogy Box set)
Watching: Breaking Bad on Netflix
Listening: some hipster indie bands you probably don’t know
Planning: a trip to Hokkaido

+ EggySong85 on July 21st, 2013 at 9:13 pm said:

Ps. What ever happened to blog.share?

+ ArnotS2 on July 21st, 2013 at 11:19 pm said:

I’m playing: Virtua Tennis 4 World Tour (PS Vita) 1 more trophy for PLATINUM , Soul Sacrifice [already PLAT-ed]
I’m watching: That Winter The Wind Blows
I’m listening to: Girls’ Generation “I Got a Boy” full album

+ fresherthanyou94 on July 21st, 2013 at 11:25 pm said:

Playing: The Last of Us & Tales of Graces
Reading: … Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward (What? It’s basically a Visual Novel >_> Also, THANK YOU PS+)
Watching: Anime… Too many to list atm, but starting Fairy Tail
Listening: Any and all things Nightcore

+ OneMoreVillain on July 22nd, 2013 at 12:28 am said:

Something for a casual reader Justin? Yea, a book with lots of pictures and big print! *Evil Chuckling*

Playing – Nothing, it’s been a real hectic week.

Reading – Marvel Zombies Supreme, or as I like to call it.
“How make DC characters in a Marvel graphic novel without being sued”

Watching – Comic Con highlights

Waiting – For the Playstation 4.

+ Elvick_ on July 22nd, 2013 at 7:40 am said:

Please ban #1.

We don’t need spam on here. That’s what that is.

+ remanutd5 on July 22nd, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

Any idea when Dead Nation, God of War1,2, Fat Princess and Flower are coming to the psvita?

+ Zionine on July 22nd, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

I’m

Playing: SMT IV, EDF 2017 — Great combo by the way.
Reading: Blogs
Watching: Whose Line Is It Anyway
Waiting for: Dragon’s Crown, Tales of Xillia, Killzone Merc(Beta), and Pokemon X and Y

+ deadendblues on July 22nd, 2013 at 11:25 am said:

Justin you’ll love ready player one especially if you enjoy mmo games. Read that over any of your other suggestions. george r Martin is good but I suggest the audio version of those. If your into post apocalypse literature and enjoy zombies and super heroes check out peter clines ex-heroes series. It’s only three books so far but really good and very light reading. They are funny and action packed. If you are into sci-fi I’d go with altered carbon it’s like sci-fi noir cross. Very good. Hmmm as literary fiction id go with ask the dust a fifties novel about drinking and unrequited love in los Angeles by john fante. Oh and if you like nineties humor and supernatural stuff check out john dies at the end. All great books hope you pick a few of those up

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on July 22nd, 2013 at 2:48 pm said:

Wow, thanks for all the recommendations! As MakoSOLIDER can attest, it takes me a while to get around to them, but I’ll let you know when I do. :) I’m pretty excited to get more into Ready Player One.

+ deadendblues on July 22nd, 2013 at 11:26 am said:

Reading is cool especially when it isn’t a jrpg

+ dodgedoors on July 22nd, 2013 at 3:06 pm said:

@Justin Ready Player One is excellent and if you like gamer centered fiction “Daemon” and it’s sequel “Freedom TM” by Daniel Suarez are a much darker but excellent set of books. Just imagine Google Glass being utilized to create a real world “open world” gaming experience.