PS4-The Order

LittleBigPlanet Update: Contraption Challenge 18 Results!

Steven Isbell's Avatar + Posted by Steven Isbell on Jul 22, 2013 // LittleBigPlanet Community Coordinator

Little Big Planet Update

Contraption Challenge 18 Bomb Transporter Results

The results are in! So without further ado let’s take a look at some of our favorite entries for the challenge and of course announce those all-important finalists and the winner of this Contraption Challenge!

Congratulations to jakeinator123 for his winning Ellephino entry! I can honestly say that when we were considering the safest way to transport a bomb ourselves, it never crossed our minds that an elephant/rhino hybrid would be best suited for the job!

Each of the finalists will receive a LittleBigPlanet Cap and the Emergency Services Costumes and Karts, whilst jakeinator123 has bagged himself the coveted Rare Prize Crown and the Contraption Challenge Pin for his win.

Team Picks

Our LittleBigPlanet 2: Team Picks this week feature a classic brick-breaking arcade game featuring multiple levels, power-ups and a level password system. If on the other hand you fancy teaming up for some co-op fun, we have Upsy Downsy Co-op for you. A great platforming level that will put you and your friend’s teamwork to the test!

Break It [Arcade Minigame] by Karrades

Upsy Downsy Co-op (2 Players Only) by bOOtje13

You can find these levels and oh so much more in the latest LittleBigPlanet 2: Team Picks!

Vita Picks

This week’s LittleBigPlanet PS Vita: Team Picks feature some great platforming adventures for Sackboy including this epic story, A Druid’s Tale. This level series currently spans three levels and sees Sackboy learning some special druid powers that will allow him to overcome the obstacle on his latest quest.

A Druid’s Tale by jaffakree

LittleBigPlanet Update 7-22-2013

LittleBigPlanet Update 7-22-2013LittleBigPlanet Update 7-22-2013

You can have this level ready to play by heading over to LBP.me Vita and queuing up the new LittleBigPlanet PS Vita: Team Picks!

We always love to see exciting new LittleBigPlanet levels, so if you have any great levels to share with the community or some stunning videos that show off your favourite levels and creations, then be sure to tweet them to us @LittleBigPlanet

Come And Visit Us

LittleBigPlanet.com
Forums
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube

LittleBigPlanet Update 7-22-2013

8 Comments

+ sakukoivu2008 on July 22nd, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

I bought the Cross-Controller Vita DLC but there is only 1 trophy that I can’t get even though I paid for the DLC. Please make it so Jeffries Tubes “Play 5 Community Cross-Controller Levels” be obtained without a Vita. Thanks for considering!

+ The5rozos on July 22nd, 2013 at 11:08 am said:

Could we please have some more level DLC with trophies, Steven? I need something to hold me over til Tearaway!

Don’t get me wrong I’m still enjoying these costume packs.

+ TWODEEEE on July 22nd, 2013 at 11:40 am said:

i would love some tron level dlc for karting, the karts are cool, give us some level kits, should be a level kit for each costume pack

+ Welmosca on July 22nd, 2013 at 1:14 pm said:

Wow thought the winner for CC18 was already revealed…ha me and my brother we tried to make a contraption and we did it…but when we started to see the other contraptions…we just gave up.Damn there is no way to compete with people who are always creating on LBP.I saw some unbelievable things.One of them was that in the 2nd of the top 5.

BTW nice “On my level” song on the 5th of the top 5.And that baby in the end is damn hilarious.

+ GnomeWizard on July 22nd, 2013 at 1:16 pm said:

Any works on a new DLC that will let you use ALL of the costumes and materials from Littlebigplanet 1&2 on the vita? and not just the dlc cross-buy costumes, I have a lot of DLC costumes but most of those I combine with non-dlc costumes but those aren’t in this game:(
also there is a glitch with the God of War mini-pack not being cross-buy. I got it for pre-ordering littlebigplanet (the first one), and on my vita it only lets me re-download the Kratos costume and not the stickers/ medusa and minotaur costume.

+ TheUndertaker85 on July 22nd, 2013 at 3:40 pm said:

Can we get more stuff for the Cross Controller pack? As is the items you can use to build on the Vita side is lacking. Out of anything would it be possible for the Cross Controller pack to look for a LBP Vita save then allow us to use the items we’ve earned in LBP Vita? This’d at least give us more options plus would be a nice little perk for those that own both. I’d really like to see some Cross Controller DLC though.

Also, you guys keep forgetting to add Cross Controller Team Picks! It’d be great to see some highlights of the best community created Cross Controller levels. Right now though the Team Picks section in the Cross Controller side is empty.

No matter what, glad that LBP has received so much support. Seeing you guys support the PS Move and PS Vita in particular with such great DLCs has been fantastic and big highlights of what both are capable of plus what kind of support we can hope for from other developers in the future.

+ tusunami on July 23rd, 2013 at 1:24 pm said:

It’s good to see more content for LBP2, this is one of the best communities out there!!!!!!!!!

+ jaffakree on July 23rd, 2013 at 7:18 pm said:

Wow! Thanks for the shoutout! I’ve been blown away by the love shown for ‘A Druid’s Tale’! It’s taken a long time to build up my LBP creating skills, but it has been a labour of love! The friendly and constructive reviews from other players have been amazing! Part 4 is 75% finished, should be publishing in a week or two. Thanks again everyone!