PS4 - Transistor

PlayStation Blogcast 082: Batman Beyond!

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Jul 26, 2013 // Senior Manager, Social Media

Subscription Links:

• Download the MP3 here on PS3, PS Vita or PC (Right-Click->Save As)

A massive and momentous show! Voice of a generation Ryan Clements joins the PlayStation.Blog team in his debut as a Blogcast regular. Then, Justin grills Batman: Arkham Origins’ creative director Eric Holmes about the upcoming PS3 prequel. And of course we reveal the new North American PSN and retail releases for July 30th, play a slew of new voicemails, share new listener letters and more. Let’s listen in!

Send us questions and tips: blogcast@playstation.sony.com

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Ryan Clements

The Cast

PAGE 1 2

+ Ricen-Beans on July 26th, 2013 at 5:06 pm said:

Beyond!

+ snakeeyes211 on July 26th, 2013 at 5:08 pm said:

PlayStation 4 reserves 3.5GB of its 8GB GDDR5 memory for the operating system, leaving 4.5GB of space for game code, is it true?

+ dragonmagician on July 26th, 2013 at 5:13 pm said:

Beyond!!

+ CloudykennyUS on July 26th, 2013 at 5:14 pm said:

Nice to hear the voice of Clements! Congratz playstation team for having him!

+ Spyk4r_Derek on July 26th, 2013 at 5:14 pm said:

Beyond!!!

+ Kantoro on July 26th, 2013 at 5:15 pm said:

Really happy to see Ryan Clements has joined the team! Really looking forward to the future!

+ cool_trainer on July 26th, 2013 at 5:15 pm said:

POWERHOUSE!

+ platinum4490 on July 26th, 2013 at 5:17 pm said:

BEYOND! So great to hear Powerhouse’s voice again on a regular basis. Welcome back!

+ Butters360 on July 26th, 2013 at 5:24 pm said:

Best subtitle ever! Awesome Blogcast!

+ snakeeyes211 on July 26th, 2013 at 5:33 pm said:

BEYOND!!!

+ TheTedster on July 26th, 2013 at 5:43 pm said:

BEYOND! I find it strange to see clements on PS blog now, good to see him on here! Congrats on the position

+ Brink-2-Chaos on July 26th, 2013 at 5:46 pm said:

what a Farm fresh Sequel to The Months of the year Conversation!!

+ Viper808 on July 26th, 2013 at 5:54 pm said:

BEYOND!! Glad to hear you’ll be back on the air Clements! Keep up the good work guys :)

+ UndreyVITA on July 26th, 2013 at 6:48 pm said:

Holy moly! Worlds collide!

+ Fardeenah on July 26th, 2013 at 6:54 pm said:

its always nice to see ryan clements back…. beyond

+ purse317 on July 26th, 2013 at 6:55 pm said:

Clements please get this podcast on the right track.

To be honest most of us fast forward past everything except what’s coming up next week section. It next some stye flair and maybe direction.

Also get these guys to answer our tough questions. Like why are retail games cheaper than digital psn games.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on July 27th, 2013 at 3:16 pm said:

Fair enough, thanks for the feedback. Believe me: Nobody is a harsher critic of this show than Nick and I. We do the best we can, and Ryan’s definitely going to be a big help

+ ColonelOCorn on July 26th, 2013 at 7:01 pm said:

Hey guys, thanks for taking the feedback – and hopefully realizing that I wasn’t trying to snipe! Still enjoying the blogcast, all the best and to Ryan – BEYOND/BLOGCAST!

+ oycomics on July 26th, 2013 at 8:03 pm said:

B-B-Beyond!

+ JamesTSkywalker on July 26th, 2013 at 8:42 pm said:

The PlayStation Blog has some of the nicest people working on it. Been fortunate enough to meet Sid and Justin before, and they’re so very pleasant to talk with in person. But Ryan Clements may be the nicest dude ever, bar none. Such a great addition to the show, and to the PlayStation family as a whole. Welcome Ryan, and BEYOND/BLOGCAST!

+ PowningFreak on July 26th, 2013 at 8:57 pm said:

BEYOND! Rock on Clements! Great to hear your voice again!

+ PhantomGazebo on July 26th, 2013 at 9:09 pm said:

Clements! Hell yes. The nicest guy I know of in the gaming biz. Your positive attitude is an inspiration to me.

Gotta add the PS Blogcast back into my regular rotation.

+ rangerfan7187 on July 26th, 2013 at 9:12 pm said:

Beyond! So glad to see Clements on the Blogcast and can’t wait to listen. Clements was so great on beyond and I’m very happy to see he’s coming to my second favorite gaming podcast. Welcome to Playstation, Ryan.
Hey Sid, I think it’d be great to get Colin, Greggy and Goldfarb all on the podcast sometime. Y’all should make that happen!

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on July 27th, 2013 at 3:15 pm said:

Great idea!

+ ArchAngelMai on July 26th, 2013 at 9:43 pm said:

@2 There isn’t a game that has needed over 4 in existence, and 2 GB is the standard for most graphic intense games.
Have to say the title is disappointing and deceiving. Now of they were making a Batman Beyond game, or animation revolt that would be amazing news.

+ Jasontamer on July 26th, 2013 at 9:57 pm said:

Ugh I’m late!…..BEYOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ BossmanCCrowder1 on July 26th, 2013 at 10:30 pm said:

BEYOND! Great to have Powerhouse apart of the PS Blog crew!

+ MakoSOLIDER on July 27th, 2013 at 12:45 am said:

BEYOND! The Powerhouse has opened a new factory.

+ akisuo on July 27th, 2013 at 3:55 am said:

BEYOND! The Powerhouse is at home where he truly belongs! =)

+ Zevrou on July 27th, 2013 at 5:37 am said:

I’m sorry but.. BEYOND!.
I’m not sorry

+ dannsher on July 27th, 2013 at 5:58 am said:

We play Rockband, 123 and all the add-ons!! Will this be something we can continue on PS4, or do I have to stay on PS3 to enjoy this game!! Our entire family, nationwide is involved and we all would like to know??? Acouple of our families bands, are, DaShiz , and Sixtycaddy?? This is, has been a burning question for us??

+ RossyWilson on July 27th, 2013 at 7:17 am said:

BEYOND!! Best wishes for your new job Ryan.

+ supermoc10 on July 27th, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

Glad to hear the #Powerhouse is back! Hope he’s here every-week.

As for the award discussion, here’s how I think it should be done:

-All votes should be write-ins:
-Categories should be:
-Top 3/5 Game of the Year (Overall)
-Top 3/5 Game of the Year (by platform)
-Top 3/5 “insert genre” (by platform, do this for all genres)
-Top3/5 Most Anticipated of 2014 (by platform)

+ CrashSpyro on July 27th, 2013 at 8:45 am said:

Another overhyped Sid Shuman announcement, especially since it was leaked a day or two earlier.

+ Nates4Christ on July 27th, 2013 at 8:57 am said:

Congrats Clements. I’m really glad your joining the Blog team. I really hope you have a great time there!

+ Crazymanwalking1 on July 27th, 2013 at 10:09 am said:

The Playstation Powerhouse is Back!!! i feared clements was done with podcasts after he was laid off from IGN (a dark day for podcasts). I am BEYOND glad to hear his voice again! thank you Playstation for hiring (im guessing) Him. P.S @clements I only wish you the best in your -recent- marriage. for good measure BEYOND!!!

+ race2winnet on July 27th, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

A big hearty WELCOME to the PlayStation Powerhouse!! I sure have missed you bud!

+ race2winnet on July 27th, 2013 at 10:45 am said:

And I almost forgot… BEYOND!

+ RE_Player on July 27th, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

BEYOND!! Super happy about Ryan joining the team.

+ Artemisthemp on July 27th, 2013 at 11:36 am said:

NISA actually have a learn Japanese “game” but sadly only availialbe to iOS

+ lisatsunami on July 27th, 2013 at 1:11 pm said:

Listening now. Fan correction: another game with a grimoire is Dragon Age: Origins and the book in Soul Sacrifice is called Librom.

Your ringing praises of Dragon’s Crown almost have me convinced to pre-order this for Vita.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on July 27th, 2013 at 3:14 pm said:

Excellent. Good catch on DAO!

+ Fordiddy on July 27th, 2013 at 1:33 pm said:

BEYOND!!

+ BlindMango on July 27th, 2013 at 2:01 pm said:

Nooooo wayyyyyyyyyy!!!! BEYONDDDDDDDDDD!!!!! lol, it’s so good to see Ryan Clements back on a podcast!

+ JROD0823 on July 27th, 2013 at 2:09 pm said:

Holy ****, Powerhouse is on the PS Blog?!?!?!?

It is so good to be hearing your voice again on a regular basis, you are still a greatly missed part of Podcast Beyond!.

Beyond!!!

+ almex2 on July 27th, 2013 at 2:45 pm said:

Only listed to the first hand full of blogcasts because I got out of them for some reason. Now that Clements is on it’ll have to become a regular listen for me once again.

+ Rallerj on July 27th, 2013 at 2:52 pm said:

Beyond !!!!!

the Powerhouse is here :) Ryan Clements 4 the win :)

+ nerf190 on July 27th, 2013 at 2:55 pm said:

Now I have got to start listening, welcome Clements! BEYOND!!!

+ BlindMango on July 27th, 2013 at 3:08 pm said:

Also, don’t put video game screenshots in Instagram…. lol

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on July 27th, 2013 at 3:14 pm said:

+ avatarguy on July 27th, 2013 at 3:11 pm said:

Stop talking about each title as you announce it for next weeks releases please! just read the list in full please!! stop taking 10 mins to talk about each title.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on July 27th, 2013 at 3:13 pm said:

Great feedback! This annoys me too but we always take the bait. Will work on it

+ zooyork198 on July 27th, 2013 at 4:05 pm said:

Great episode. A bit lengthy, but it’s nice to hear Clements on the Blogcast. Hopefully he becomes somewhat of a regular on the show.
In response to avatarguy: I love that you guys talk about the titles a bit as you read them off. 1) The upcoming releases is probably the most beloved segment on the show for most listeners. This allows you guys to stretch it out a bit. 2) It’s nice to hear their thoughts on upcoming software. Plus, I’ll usually check something out because it sounds interesting based on their discussion.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on July 27th, 2013 at 5:46 pm said:

Thanks! I’m thinking read the list, then riff on the games. Thoughts?

+ Jproco99 on July 27th, 2013 at 5:05 pm said:

I hope Clements the Playstation Powerhouse becomes a regular BEYOND!!

+ zooyork198 on July 27th, 2013 at 9:08 pm said:

I guess you could theoretically read off the list and then talk about it, but if it’s not done right it won’t feel as smooth. It would be like saying “These are my top ten favorite movies.” and then going back one by one to explain why. I don’t know. I just think it works really well the way it is now. It makes it feel less scripted, in my opinion. As others have said, though, the biggest issue is people talking over/cutting off other speakers. I’m not sure if you’ve received any suggestions to remedy this, but I would suggest giving everyone a little notepad. The main reason people interrupt other speakers is because they don’t want to lose their train of though. If everyone involved had a little notepad or a piece of paper they could quickly jot down a thought while they waited for someone else to finish their sentence/thought. Not sure how I arrived at this point. I’m just going to stop now.

PAGE 1 2