LittleBigPlanet 3

PlayStation Blogcast 082: Batman Beyond!

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Jul 26, 2013 // Senior Manager, Social Media

Subscription Links:

• Download the MP3 here on PS3, PS Vita or PC (Right-Click->Save As)

A massive and momentous show! Voice of a generation Ryan Clements joins the PlayStation.Blog team in his debut as a Blogcast regular. Then, Justin grills Batman: Arkham Origins’ creative director Eric Holmes about the upcoming PS3 prequel. And of course we reveal the new North American PSN and retail releases for July 30th, play a slew of new voicemails, share new listener letters and more. Let’s listen in!

Send us questions and tips: blogcast@playstation.sony.com

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Ryan Clements

The Cast

PAGE 1 2

+ oomalay on July 27th, 2013 at 9:55 pm said:

Hey, is there a company boat that Ryan might be able to ride one day?

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on July 27th, 2013 at 10:33 pm said:

Fallout3 for PSN plz

+ Kchow23 on July 27th, 2013 at 11:13 pm said:

POWERHOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ DracoBlade712 on July 27th, 2013 at 11:32 pm said:

BEYOND! I’m so happy to hear Clements again, especially with the PlayStation family! You have been missed good sir!

+ purse317 on July 27th, 2013 at 11:50 pm said:

Thanks for the response back t o my initial post Sid

I just wanted to reemphasize I am a lieral die hard Sony fanboy ps3and vita lover but from a consumer point of view I see serioys room for improvement from a social point of interacting with consumers on the podcast and even just purely financial (specifically retail prices vs digital prices).

I quality enginee r by trade so I’m not just puffing smoke. Love what you’ve done so far but keep finding ways to improve.

+ cjmc18 on July 28th, 2013 at 12:21 am said:

Welcome home Ryan Clements and beyond!

+ UnfurledSleet on July 28th, 2013 at 8:26 am said:

Beyond!

+ KasperFNielsen on July 28th, 2013 at 8:59 am said:

BEYOOOOOOOOND!

This was my first Blogcast and while it was AWESOME hearing The Powerhouse formerly known as Ryan Clements, I have one major complaint about the show. Don’t get me wrong, it was great overall, but you guys need to let each other finish your sentences and not CONSTANTLY interrupt and all talk at once. It’s incredibly annoying! Just let the other person finish what they’re saying instead of all of you interrupting all at once after a few words have been spoken.

+ RE_Player on July 28th, 2013 at 9:48 am said:

In the case of feedback I may have to agree with some of the people saying to read the new releases right away with no interruptions. It’s not that I don’t like your guys commentary, I do listen and enjoy the whole episode every time, it just seems there is this dark cloud over Sid until the new releases are read :P I would just rather it get out of the way ASAP so you guys can chill and talk with a normal flow. Just my 2 cents.

+ KingDubin on July 28th, 2013 at 12:37 pm said:

*URGENT! SOMEBODY PLEASE RESPOND BACK TO THIS!*

First of all, I haven’t been on here for a very long time, so sorry if this has been already been covered.

I’m having issues with the new update (1.07) on the YouTube app for PS3. Apparently, or at least on my system, when I go to update it, it crashes my system after a few seconds and I have to start all over again. Is anybody else having this problem, and is anybody at SEN going to fix it? I really wanna know B/C I use that particular app A LOT.

Many thanks in advance!

Randy

*URGENT! SOMEBODY PLEASE RESPOND BACK TO THIS!*

+ FearMonkey on July 28th, 2013 at 1:37 pm said:

Clements!
Beyond!!

+ CitizenEldar on July 29th, 2013 at 5:40 am said:

Welcome, Ryan! BEYOND! http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t529/CitizenEldar/Powerhouse_zps78712378.gif

+ LilWayneSuckz on July 29th, 2013 at 6:37 am said:

Yayy!! Clements is awesome.

Now bring back Rey Gutierrez and you’re Podcast will be even better

+ TwinDad on July 29th, 2013 at 8:00 am said:

@zooyork198 /@SID

List the games then Riff about them, I too look forward to your thoughts on the games coming for the week, especially if it’s a PS+ title or on sale. It helps make the decision.

@zooyork198 /@AvatarGuy

The thing I like least is the coming next week. I don’t listen for the coming next week, I listen for the stories, board games, video games, movie talk, and others.

@blogcast
I liked when we heard about Nick’s weekend, it was as if he went to a summer camp for board game enthusiasts.

+ stupidhass on July 29th, 2013 at 8:44 am said:

Dear Blogcast Team,
I would like to apologize ahead of time for the long post, but I was recently pondering how Coconut Dodge, Flying Hamster, Cubixx, and a few other minis have gotten re-released as either full games (Coconut Dodge and Flying Hamster, for example) on the Vita or ported to PlayStation Mobile (Cubixx, for example). I was wondering if the ports of the above games had higher release sales than the minis versions. This prompted me to peruse the list of minis currently out to see if any others were suitable for the same treatment. I found plenty of minis that would make for good ports, especially the mini by name of “N.O.V.A.”, a moderately successful FPS that is selling a lot on competing mobile platforms. You just don’t notice how important buttons are for shooters until you’ve tried to play one using only a touchscreen (Seriously, on-screen controllers destroy the enjoyability of the game, no matter how transparent.) I apologize again for the long post. I enjoyed this episode and look forward to listening to the next one.

P.S. I am still waiting on an update about Trophies for PlayStation Mobile.

+ halcyon-ix on July 29th, 2013 at 6:01 pm said:

I just listened to the podcast “Batman BEYOND!” and was very excited to hear the voice of Ryan Clements back on the air. “Beyond!!” (Sorry Clements… don’t think you’ll ever have a “last time” with the iconic shoutout!). The playstation team is very lucky (as are the listeners) to have you back in podcast form.

+ halcyon-ix on July 29th, 2013 at 6:02 pm said:

In terms of critiques about the podcast, I’ll admit I found the early episodes to be very biased and one sided, obviously favouring Sony Playstation. There have been certain episodes where certain games that were poorly received by the community were given high praise on the podcast, making me stray away from listening.

Now, the podcast has evolved and though I understand you’re representing Sony, it’s been great to hear HONEST opinions about Sony games. Good and bad. It’s a fine line you all walk but hearing the caveat that you do represent Sony and thus may not be able to comment about certain issues (i.e. other platforms or discussing terrible Sony games), I’ve developed a bit more respect for the podcast. I can’t honestly say that you’re the #1 playstation podcast (or hypothetical abortion podcast… inside Beyond joke), BUT… I admire all the hardwork you do put into the community and especially with the evolution of hearing some honest negative (and positive) opinions has helped the podcast greatly. Keep up the great work and you are all definitely on the right track to going from a great podcast to something amazing.

+ rafpeguero on July 31st, 2013 at 11:18 am said:

beyond!

+ Hrbek on July 31st, 2013 at 7:50 pm said:

Beeee-yond!!!

+ NYPUNK88 on August 1st, 2013 at 12:33 am said:

Love that intro music. By the way congrats on the selling 81.5mill PS3s :D

+ sliverberg on August 7th, 2013 at 9:21 am said:

beyond!!! put a kpop song at the end of every blogcast. make it happen clements.

PAGE 1 2