PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Killzone: Mercenary MP Open Beta in Late August; Closed Beta Live Now

Aram Jabbari's Avatar + Posted by Aram Jabbari on Jul 31, 2013 // Public Relations Manager, PlayStation

Readers of the PlayStation.Blog,

We’re excited to announce that the Killzone: Mercenary closed multiplayer beta (for which signups were held a short while ago and already concluded, if you’re just tuning in now) is now LIVE. To those who got in, you should already have the necessary information to jump in and get going.

Note: If you received a multiplayer Beta voucher as part of the promotion via PlayStation Home, please note that your voucher is for the Open Beta in late August, not for the closed Beta launching today.

To those of you who didn’t get in or are just hearing about this now, worry not: we’re going to open the multiplayer beta right on up in late August – details will be coming really soon, so stay tuned.

And really, who doesn’t like a good open beta? They’re a bit draftier. They let in more natural light. Better for Agoraphobes and such.

Killzone: Mercenary hits shelves in North America on September 10th, 2013.

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ Tim81DE on July 31st, 2013 at 8:18 am said:

Love it! Though I would still like answers as to why we can’t have more online games that support more than 4v4 like Socom did on the PSP.

+ remanutd5 on July 31st, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

oh my god where is my email beta code??? i’ve been refreshing my gmail page like crazy, bah.

+ chavez1138 on July 31st, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

seems like i’ll have to wait to late august =(

+ reson8er on July 31st, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

Didn’t get it…yet, are you guys still rolling out invite emails or I am cry?

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on July 31st, 2013 at 6:31 pm said:

At this point in the day, it’s very likely our allocation depleted; apologies for the frustration of having to wait :(

Here’s hoping it’s all forgotten by the time we open things up in late August and hit the homestretch for the September 10th North American launch!

+ remanutd5 on July 31st, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

@1 i think it has sometime to do with the party app built in the system, i wish sony’d extent the players to 12 or 16 though.

+ G-Force08 on July 31st, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

Womp. I didn’t get a closed beta code. I figured I would since I have been in many betas including the KZ 3 closed beta from the start, I have had the Vita from the early bundle, play tons of games, and signed up right as the beta signup launched.

Welp, at least I have a code for the open beta in late August. ;/

I’m getting this game regardless; Still it would have been nice to help make it as good as possible through the beta.

+ remanutd5 on July 31st, 2013 at 8:22 am said:

Oh and Nihilistic pay attention this is one of the best ways to make sure your fps is ready for online action when it releases, Please sony work a deal with Insomniac Games to develop a true Resistance psvita title, thank you.

+ remanutd5 on July 31st, 2013 at 8:26 am said:

Btw Guerrilla Cambridge should license this engine to others psvita developers so we can get more titles on the system looking like Killzone Mercenary or at least share the engine with other first party studios.

+ reson8er on July 31st, 2013 at 8:27 am said:

QUESTION: I checked my email and had a “spam” email Auto-deleted (I know, I know). Aside from the email, is there a way to find out if you are in the Beta?

+ Phillyblunz on July 31st, 2013 at 8:32 am said:

I have a closed beta code, I dont have a VITA.

Please send me a free VITA.

That is all.

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on July 31st, 2013 at 6:32 pm said:

Tsk, signing up for a Vita game’s beta without a Vita!

+ G-Force08 on July 31st, 2013 at 8:34 am said:

#10 @Phillyblunz You can send me the code on the PSN if you’d like! =p I would be grateful! ^_^

+ AmericanNinja1 on July 31st, 2013 at 8:35 am said:

Will PS+ subscribers be getting in on the closed beta?

+ Zionine on July 31st, 2013 at 8:36 am said:

Oooooo….

+ JellyJugs on July 31st, 2013 at 8:42 am said:

I got in :D currently downloading just a tip its 1166 mb so those of you who need to make room on your memory cards.

+ Valde_zerocool on July 31st, 2013 at 8:45 am said:

Woop woop, got in and thank the lord because my PS3 just got the red screen of death. Thank you Playstation.

+ Squiggle55 on July 31st, 2013 at 8:46 am said:

@1 Honestly, I haven’t been able to have a seamless online multiplayer experience on the Vita with just 2 people. Lots of lag on PJ monsters last night. And with 3 or 4 people on LBP always big lag. FYI my internet is plenty fast. So I don’t know what to attribute the bad online multiplayer on Vita to.

+ xPR0TENTlAL on July 31st, 2013 at 8:46 am said:

Didn’t get anything. Booooooo

+ remanutd5 on July 31st, 2013 at 8:49 am said:

@16 Resistance Burning Skies and Little Big Planet lag a lot on the vita but for some reason Sonic&All Stars Racing Transformed doesnt lag at all or that much and the game supports up to 8 players online, i dont understand this online multiplayer problems on a system that is supposed to be the ultimate social, connected handheld device.

+ poodude on July 31st, 2013 at 8:49 am said:

Damn, looks like I didn’t get in. Oh well, can’t wait to play the final product.

Oh and Aram, I’ll have you know us agoraphobes get plenty of light! We do have windows after all :p.

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on July 31st, 2013 at 6:34 pm said:

I stand corrected! :)

Sorry you weren’t selected but glad to hear you’re excited for Mercenary. Just a matter of weeks now!

+ Legendary_Ice on July 31st, 2013 at 8:49 am said:

YAYUUUHHHHH!
I just got accepted into the beta. They sent my code in my email. My play times are August 1st, 4th, 6th, 8th, and 11th from 7pm to 12am eastern time

+ Makuta1213 on July 31st, 2013 at 8:52 am said:

Can’t wait for this too launch!

Didn’t get in but it sure looks great!

+ puamdefoke on July 31st, 2013 at 8:57 am said:

@Phillyblunz ,.. Brah could you pm/ send it to me? Will give you something for PS3 when I get it,..

+ Fardeenah on July 31st, 2013 at 9:04 am said:

anyone who can be kind enough DM or send me a code if u got one please.

+ slayeron117 on July 31st, 2013 at 9:05 am said:

After seeing that video about the Valor Cards and all that… I am without a doubt getting this game!

+ onslaughtree on July 31st, 2013 at 9:05 am said:

BOOM, POW. Got my beta key in my inbox today. Thank you Sony,…..As always, Keep on gaming.

+ akisuo on July 31st, 2013 at 9:06 am said:

No code. =( Is codes still being emailed for the closed beta, or all they all gone now?

+ JimmyHACK on July 31st, 2013 at 9:08 am said:

Always humorous with these Vita betas when people without a Vita are given a code over Vita owners that are going to actually buy the game day one.

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on July 31st, 2013 at 6:35 pm said:

JimmyHACK,

Can definitely see how that would be frustrating. It’s feedback that will be passed along, should there be a way to check for that in the future.

+ TheBratPrince79 on July 31st, 2013 at 9:08 am said:

Playstation Home from the E3 Event gave codes for Killzone: Mercenary

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on July 31st, 2013 at 6:36 pm said:

TheBratPrince79,

As we mention in the Blog post, the PS Home vouchers are actually for the Open Beta hitting in late August.

+ oGH0STFAC3o on July 31st, 2013 at 9:14 am said:

@JimmyHACK can i please have your code PLEASE!

+ stevehyphen- on July 31st, 2013 at 9:16 am said:

Download faster! Stupid slow work internet! So pumped to give this a shot. I accidentally hit confirm on the info page where it mentioned something about their forums and times when the service will be available to play. Hopefully all the appropriate info is there when you launch the game.

+ warcat666 on July 31st, 2013 at 9:18 am said:

I have a beta code from my email but the game wont download. It hangs up on “preparing to download. Please wait” I have 1800Mb free and the game needs 1100Mb. I tried restarting my Vita and it still happens. Why???

+ JimmyHACK on July 31st, 2013 at 9:22 am said:

@oGH0STFAC3o I have a vita, sorry

+ fireburn95 on July 31st, 2013 at 9:26 am said:

If you didnt get an email yet but you did apply go to: http://psnbeta.us.playstation.com/ and hope for the best

+ oGH0STFAC3o on July 31st, 2013 at 9:27 am said:

@JimmyHACK *sigh* ok

+ fireburn95 on July 31st, 2013 at 9:29 am said:

If you didnt get an email go to psn’s beta site (just replace {blog} with {psnbeta} in the url for ps blog) and it will be there!!!

+ steven1212121212 on July 31st, 2013 at 9:31 am said:

Man, I better get a code. I’m a loyal PlayStation customer. I’ve owned a PS1, PS2, and PS3, and I spend a lot of time on my PS Vita. I really want to play this beta! If anyone has a code and doesn’t have a Vita, may I have it please?

+ Chief_Beaverwood on July 31st, 2013 at 9:35 am said:

That’s cool, non-vita owners getting codes over vita owners… It really shows how much consideration they put into who gets the codes (considering the 2 week wait for this to be announced). Sad. Expected more from a good company like guerrilla. Won’t be picking this up any time soon, if ever.

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on July 31st, 2013 at 6:38 pm said:

Chief_Beaverwood,

Apologies for your frustration; it’s completely understandable. Hopefully it doesn’t indeed put you off the game entirely as you suggest.

The frustrations and feedback of folks here on this matter will be passed along for future consideration.

+ Legendary_Ice on July 31st, 2013 at 9:35 am said:

I am playing right now. And yea it is pretty good.

+ Legendary_Ice on July 31st, 2013 at 9:36 am said:

If you have the beta like I do. Join up and play with me

+ Adasolsson97 on July 31st, 2013 at 9:37 am said:

Does anyone have a spare code for me please i can give anyone that gives me the code a costume on lbp vita!

+ styroteqe on July 31st, 2013 at 9:38 am said:

Can I ask why I can’t use the code I got from participating in the Virtual E3 Killzone Mercenary quest via PS Home? Seems silly to me that it’s actually a code for what sounds like the open beta, which everybody will be eligible for..

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on July 31st, 2013 at 6:40 pm said:

styroteqe,

It’s a bit more complicated than that as it won’t open up to everyone right away in late August. Stay tuned for more info on that front!

+ Ahmed13 on July 31st, 2013 at 9:39 am said:

Platinumed Killzone 2 and 3, love the series and still didn’t get in :(

+ CaruthK on July 31st, 2013 at 9:46 am said:

I’ll wait until the full game comes out. It’s like playing a timed demo. In late Aug the the game comes out on Sep 10. I’ll give away my code then.

+ oGH0STFAC3o on July 31st, 2013 at 9:47 am said:

@CaruthK can i please have the code??

+ Adasolsson97 on July 31st, 2013 at 9:48 am said:

Waiting for spare code i will send you a free lbp costume if a kind soul sends me one..

+ EvyatarAtarEvyat on July 31st, 2013 at 9:54 am said:

If someone has a free code can you pleas send it to me?
I’m really bored with my vita right now…

+ magicx11 on July 31st, 2013 at 9:59 am said:

I didn’t get code… :( Hank Williams-Alone and Forsaken.mp3

+ Adasolsson97 on July 31st, 2013 at 9:59 am said:

Add me on Psn and i will give you the code for the costume and then you can give me the code for killzone!

+ Legendary_Ice on July 31st, 2013 at 10:00 am said:

Well so far the only issue I have with this beta is the Latency issues. You connect to a room, you get kicked from a room when everything is running smoothly. Other than that, it looks and plays great for the most part.

PAGE 1 2 3 5