PS3-TLOU Left Behind

New Pottermore Content in PS Home

Daniel Durnin's Avatar + Posted by Daniel Durnin on Jul 31, 2013 // Producer, PlayStation Home Platform Group

We’ve brought the Sorting Ceremony to life before your eyes and provided a Hogwarts common room in which you can relax. We’ve challenged you with Charms and given you your very own Pottermore wand. The question is, ‘Where can Pottermore at PlayStation Home possibly go from here?’

pottermore 1

If it were up to you, if there was a single ‘something new’ to be built within the world of Pottermore at PlayStation Home, what would you choose? Would you like to read a book in the majestic Hogwarts library? Fly on a broomstick? Enter the treacherous Forbidden Forest? Brave an underground chessboard chamber for a giant game of wizard chess? Luckily, you won’t need to choose because we’ve gone ahead and built the lot!

Explore the vast shelves and dusty nooks of the Library for scattered fragments of text from the Harry Potter books. Test your knowledge and your memory by piecing them together in an all-new Reading game.

pottermore 2

Blaze a trail on your broomstick between the twisted oaks, broken beeches and ancient yews of the Forbidden Forest. Race against rivals, casting a range of spells to take and hold the lead. You can also play in Time Trial mode and challenge your opponents for a spot atop our highly competitive leaderboard. Do you have what it takes to become the fastest flier in Pottermore at PlayStation Home?

pottermore 3

In the depths of Hogwarts castle, pit your wits against fellow students in the Chessboard Chamber. The enchanted, giant chessmen will be keen to lend you their advice but that’s not to say that you should always take it. Play as a king, a rook or even a pawn; but remember, in the Chessboard Chamber it’s not just the king that your opponent will be after. Once you’ve been taken, the game will end as resolutely as if you had fallen for a fool’s mate! This is a truly fresh and magical take on the age-old game of kings.

15 Comments

+ Murfin94 on July 31st, 2013 at 8:13 am said:

surely put Quidditch on it soon and love if you put it on

+ GLiTcH2 on July 31st, 2013 at 8:44 am said:

Agreed, I think Quidditch would be an awesome addition to Pottermore!!!

+ lisatsunami on July 31st, 2013 at 9:58 am said:

Hi, the last time there was a Pottermore announcement, the sorting ceremony, I went into Home and I couldn’t find that anywhere. It was still just the launch features–Hogwart’s Express, 1 block of Diagon Alley. So I gave up in frustration and never went back.

How do you access these new feature? Do you enter Diagon Alley first or the Express or is there a new portal that I couldn’t find?

+ bestscreenname on July 31st, 2013 at 10:52 am said:

@lisatsunami I think there was a delay with the last publish and it wasn’t put on the navigator right away if I remember correctly but it’s all there now and you’ll see a pottermore tab under the featured games tab that has links to all of the locations.

+ nabucodonosor08 on July 31st, 2013 at 10:56 am said:

I have a problem with my purchases , i bought the season pass for the walking dead some months ago, but before that i got episodes 1 and 2 free with PSPLUS .Now i don´t find the first episode in my download list and can´t play it.

PD:the season pass also appears as if i didn´t buy it

+ Longhinus on July 31st, 2013 at 1:25 pm said:

@nabucodonosor08 I have the same issue, something happen with the store games and plus gifts got corrupted, I call to support 2 weeks ago to fix the problem. they removed the plus game but they still are fixing the season pass episode 1

+ plaztiksyke on July 31st, 2013 at 1:58 pm said:

Please work with EA to recreate Quidditch World Cup in Home (or do a PS3/4+Vita port). I have never liked sports games, but my husband and I played that game a LOT on original Xbox. (sadly, the PS2 version was incredibly inferior by comparison to the xbox and gamecube versions.)

The other obvious thing would be some Move-based games. There’s already some Pottermore Home game that use other motion aspects of the DualShock 3; the Move shouldn’t be too far off. THen again, they’re probably saving Move controls and 3D supports for Home on PS4 ;)

PS: We’re still really hoping for a PS4-native “patch” for Books of Spells, EyePet, and other AR games.

+ FeddeCampo on July 31st, 2013 at 2:15 pm said:

Well I agree with many of the comments in the way that Quidsditch must be added to Home or actually the Pottermore section.
Also will be awesoem to have a b-side world, with common rooms, and lesssons,breaks, I don’t know, many content can be added with the time and also games for PS3-PS4 and the Vita.
But Quidditch was strongly requested so I will request that first :)

Keep being awesome PSHome team!

+ artform-fazeone on August 1st, 2013 at 9:34 am said:

I love how the video game is part PC and part PS3 / PS4.!

The video game looks good, at the website » http://www.Pottermore.com and looks hot in PlayStation Home.!

This style of video game play is well needed.! Like Broken sword: part 1 and part 2.! for the PlayStation 1

+ Owl-131 on August 4th, 2013 at 6:50 pm said:

I really like the new content, the library is great, I love looking for the fragments and recreating the stories. I wish it would be a bit brighter as it is hard to see at times, the same goes for the cottage in Hogsmeade . My favourite is the chess game, I will spend a lot of time there for sure. Although, It would be extra nice to be able to access this game directly from our Common rooms, as there isn’t much to do there right now except meeting new people. A game of gobstones would also be a fun addition eventually. The bulletin board in our CR could list the high scores for all the games going. I really like the various Gobstones games from the EA games I’ve played in the past so please consider adding this game on Pottermore. It would be great also to search for objects in the forbidden Forest. I love the broom racing too and agree with everyone else on the addition of Quidditch. A potion class would be also a fun thing to have, Charms class is great by the way! I think you are doing a great job with Pottermore so far, I love it and I spend a lot of good times there as well as the other places on PS3 Home. Many thanks!

+ sbwinter2 on August 8th, 2013 at 5:12 pm said:

Please allow users to play the time trial version of the broomsticks game just as you allow the tutorial for the wizard’s duel. The time trial allows for practice and is also fun. Right now, you can’t access the broomsticks game unless there Re four people standing by the sticks (I have tried with two and three users, and the game does not display). That is ridiculous. You should be able to practice even if you are alone and compete even if there is only one other person. Thanks.

+ Kapa_One-Eko on August 9th, 2013 at 10:06 pm said:

How do you buy this game? I can’t find it on the PS Store

+ jojomatt_570 on August 12th, 2013 at 11:56 am said:

Looks like I’ll be visiting somewhere :D

+ Funky0ne on August 18th, 2013 at 11:57 pm said:

Wizard’s Chess needs fixing. Need to make it so people can’t quit until the game is fully over and a checkmate/stalemate occurs. Keeps being my luck that everytime I get somebody against the ropes and/or take their queen, they quit out of the game. I’ll even admit, I haven’t played Chess in years, and even when I goof up or find myself making mistakes, I stick to the game, willing to lose like a grown-up. Gets aggrivating when the game ends prematurely, especially when the person enters into chat, “LOL, take that” or other cheesy things.

Guess it means I’m still undefeated, but damn it’s aggrivating when people play and run once they realize they’re doing as well as they had hoped.

+ Funky0ne on August 19th, 2013 at 12:01 am said:

Correction to above: “it’s aggrivating when people play and then run once they realize they’re NOT doing as well as they had hoped”.

Obviously, people would probably still stoop to quitting Home, or rebooting the Playstation… but might be a nice touch to have something in Pottermore that hovers over their head when they play cheap, cheat, or exit early in order to avoid losing… maybe a hat of shame that weaps on their head? ^_^