Ratchet & Clank PS4

Aug 02

Rainbow Skies Heroes

Rainbow Skies Coming to PS3, PS Vita in 2014

Marcus Pukropski's Avatar Posted by Marcus Pukropski on Aug 02, 2013 // CEO, SideQuest Studios

Hi RPG and indie fans! We’re excited to announce that Rainbow Skies is coming exclusively to PS3 and PS Vita in 2014.

Rainbow Skies on PS3

Rainbow Skies is an indirect sequel to our RPG from last year, Rainbow Moon, which was nominated as the “Best Indie Game” in the PSN Gamers’ Choice Awards 2013.

Rainbow Skies on PS3

Taking a lot of fan feedback into consideration, we’ve been working on Rainbow Skies for nearly a year and are now eager to tell you more about the project. First, Rainbow Skies is a new game that takes place in a new world, with new characters, monsters, and a story that isn’t linked to its predecessor. The world of Rainbow Skies stretches over two parallel worlds, with strong visual variety, and 50 dedicated background music tracks.

Rainbow Skies is more than just a sequel. We’ll be introducing many new features, including monster taming, an advanced battle system with new combo attacks, new dungeon action elements, a new dialog and emoticon system, new treasure hunt quests, an improved side quest system, explorable buildings, and new mini-games.

Apart from providing the new content and features, we’re absolutely staying true to our roots. Fans of traditional RPG play can once again look forward to turn-based battles, free world and dungeon exploration, extensive character development, and lots of optional goodies. Including the ability to play across both PS3 and PS Vita.

Rainbow Skies on PS3Rainbow Skies on PS3

I hope that I’ve sparked your interest in Rainbow Skies! If you have any questions, post them into the comments and I’ll get back to you. For updates, make sure to check out Rainbow Skies’ official website, and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Thanks for all your amazing support!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Borshay on August 2nd, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

@Marcus Pukropski

Thanks! Kinda glad its still a few months off, gives me time to finish up some of the games I got during Sony’s Summer Sale. Too many quality games and not enough memory space.

Rainbow Moon looked excellent but I was without a PS3 during its release, so I am eagerly waiting for its Vita debut.

… and I just watched 30 seconds of Rainbow Moon’s gameplay trailer. You got my purchases for both Moon and Skies lol.

+ BlueBl1zzard on August 2nd, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

I haven’t played Rainbow Moon, but I may check out this one. And the line “…play across both PS3 and PS Vita” just made my day :D

+ Borshay on August 2nd, 2013 at 11:16 am said:

Will the Vita version of Rainbow Moon have similar trophies as the PS3 version?

Marcus Pukropski's Avatar

+ Marcus Pukropski on August 2nd, 2013 at 11:20 am said:

Hi Borshay,

the vita version features exactly the same trophy set as the PS3 version. Both games supports Cross Save and that implies the same trophy set. So, your progress on PS Vita will be reflected on PS3 and vice versa.

Hope that helps.

+ krae_man on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

You took 120 hours of my life, and I want then back!

Seriously though Hurry up and gimmie!

+ rabidninjamonky on August 2nd, 2013 at 11:04 am said:

i loved Rainbow Moon! By far my favorite psn game ever. I even platinumed it. Is Rainbow Skies going to be as big as Rainbow moon? Please say it is. I loved everything about RM except the character models. Will I be able to sink over 100 hours into RS as well?

Marcus Pukropski's Avatar

+ Marcus Pukropski on August 2nd, 2013 at 11:08 am said:

Hi rabidninjamonky,

yes – yes:)

+ D-Squad3 on August 2nd, 2013 at 11:06 am said:

THANK YOU for being exclusive!!!

– Cross Buy?

No PS4 version?

Marcus Pukropski's Avatar

+ Marcus Pukropski on August 2nd, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

Hi D-Squad3,

nothing has been decided so far regarding Cross Buys. We will consider a PS4 release after the regular version has been released on PS3 and vita.

Hope that helps.