PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Rainbow Skies Coming to PS3, PS Vita in 2014

Marcus Pukropski's Avatar + Posted by Marcus Pukropski on Aug 02, 2013 // CEO, SideQuest Studios

Hi RPG and indie fans! We’re excited to announce that Rainbow Skies is coming exclusively to PS3 and PS Vita in 2014.

Rainbow Skies on PS3

Rainbow Skies is an indirect sequel to our RPG from last year, Rainbow Moon, which was nominated as the “Best Indie Game” in the PSN Gamers’ Choice Awards 2013.

Rainbow Skies on PS3

Taking a lot of fan feedback into consideration, we’ve been working on Rainbow Skies for nearly a year and are now eager to tell you more about the project. First, Rainbow Skies is a new game that takes place in a new world, with new characters, monsters, and a story that isn’t linked to its predecessor. The world of Rainbow Skies stretches over two parallel worlds, with strong visual variety, and 50 dedicated background music tracks.

Rainbow Skies is more than just a sequel. We’ll be introducing many new features, including monster taming, an advanced battle system with new combo attacks, new dungeon action elements, a new dialog and emoticon system, new treasure hunt quests, an improved side quest system, explorable buildings, and new mini-games.

Apart from providing the new content and features, we’re absolutely staying true to our roots. Fans of traditional RPG play can once again look forward to turn-based battles, free world and dungeon exploration, extensive character development, and lots of optional goodies. Including the ability to play across both PS3 and PS Vita.

Rainbow Skies on PS3Rainbow Skies on PS3

I hope that I’ve sparked your interest in Rainbow Skies! If you have any questions, post them into the comments and I’ll get back to you. For updates, make sure to check out Rainbow Skies’ official website, and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Thanks for all your amazing support!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ b1tters on August 5th, 2013 at 9:43 am said:

i really wish i’d given this game a try but… eh

oh wait. oh god no. my plus is expired! i’ve lost the mark! i’m nothing more than a commoner now!!

+ guitarded77 on August 5th, 2013 at 11:03 am said:

What happened to Rainbow Moon on Vita? It was supposed to be coming.

+ sic2291 on August 5th, 2013 at 5:23 pm said:

I kinda got bored with Rainbow Moon even though I liked what I played, I think it will be more suitable for Vita though so I’ll be giving that another shot when it releases. The Skies character art looks better so far, that’s a nice improvement. And the new features sound nice, should make the game less repetitive. :)

Are the battle movement controls being touched on at all? I didn’t like how they felt in Rainbow Moon but it wasn’t so bad I couldn’t get over it.

And I’d love to see you guys do another shmup(or even any arcadey action game like a run n gun maybe?), Soldner-X 2 was a lot of fun.

Marcus Pukropski's Avatar

+ Marcus Pukropski on August 5th, 2013 at 11:35 pm said:

Hi sic2291,

thank you for your feedback.

Rainbow Skies will have a revised battle control system.

But even for Rainbow Moon gamers there is an improvement on the way: The new patch that will be released soon does have an improved analog stick handling. With the patched version, walking into unintended directions won’t happen hardly any longer.

Regarding the SX series, a new game is very unlikely at the moment but we’re considerung ports to new platforms.

Hope that helps.

+ sic2291 on August 5th, 2013 at 5:30 pm said:

@102 It is coming, later this year (no exact date that I know of).

+ magicfan345 on August 7th, 2013 at 4:11 pm said:

I definitely enjoyed Rainbow Moon on PS3, and look forward to getting Rainbow Skies when it arrives.
I have a Vita, and would get Rainbow Moon if it had its own trophy set. But with a shared trophy set, there will be no new trophies to work on, since I already got the Platinum on PS3. You guys are going to miss out on a lot of people double-dipping on this game because of the shared trophy set.
If Rainbow Skies has separate trophies for PS3 and Vita, I’d buy it twice.
Great work on Rainbow Moon, can’t wait to play Rainbow Skies!!

+ EXQUISITEEMPRESS on August 31st, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

I’ve never played it but I guess now is a good time to pick up Rainbow Moon before Rainbow Skies comes out. PS3 and PS VITA exclusive!!!

PAGE 1 2 3