PS4 - Destiny

PlayStation Blogcast 084: Naughty Bits

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Aug 09, 2013 // Senior Manager, Social Media

Subscription Links:

• Download the MP3 here on PS3, PS Vita or PC (Right-Click->Save As)

The Last of Us takes over! Naughty Dog‘s Robert Ryan and David Ballard discuss the genesis of the game’s groundbreaking multiplayer mode before we launch into an end-of-show spoilercast (part one of two). Plus: Next week’s PlayStation Store releases, new letters, and more!

Send us questions and tips: blogcast@playstation.sony.com

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Ryan Clements

The Cast

+ River-_-1 on August 9th, 2013 at 7:30 pm said:

anyone knows what happened to the ps3 version of speluky?

+ Sid Shuman on August 10th, 2013 at 2:20 pm said:

Did something happen? It’s still a thing

+ ARC-Skier on August 9th, 2013 at 7:39 pm said:

Love the Blogcast! Thanks for having Ryan back again, I love that he’s now a regular member of the crew. BEYOND! (Sorry. Had too.)

+ Sid Shuman on August 10th, 2013 at 2:20 pm said:

Glad you like it! :) And yep, we’re all pleased to have Powerhouse on the show

+ Yu_Takashi on August 9th, 2013 at 7:39 pm said:

Yes! You guys really makes my day. :D

+ Yu_Takashi on August 9th, 2013 at 7:41 pm said:

btw love hearing Clements’ voice again.
Beyond!

+ purse317 on August 9th, 2013 at 7:41 pm said:

Gotta ask why can’t we get that European Sale I heard about some adeals from my eu buddies

+ Sid Shuman on August 10th, 2013 at 2:21 pm said:

PS Store sales are created on a regional basis, kind of like how a GameStop in the UK and the US would have different sales

+ Crazymanwalking1 on August 9th, 2013 at 8:36 pm said:

Posting the Blogcast on a friday? you guys must have had a busy week, no worries though. i really hope Clements is a permanent addition to the show gotta have my powerhouse. and thanks to you guys for hyping up Dragons Crown for me i am ADDICTED

+ Sid Shuman on August 10th, 2013 at 2:21 pm said:

Yep, ran a bit late this week – my bad!

+ Crazymanwalking1 on August 9th, 2013 at 8:42 pm said:

also i love how long these podcasts have been as of late but they are killing my Vita’s 32Gb card, any news on a 64Gb card?

+ Sid Shuman on August 10th, 2013 at 2:22 pm said:

Nothing to report..

+ rabidninjamonky on August 9th, 2013 at 8:59 pm said:

This is probably the wrong place to post this, but the Vita online store is terrible. It’s even worse than the Ps3 store. You can’t download anything without freezing the vita, and people have been complaining for months. Not only that, but both Atelier Totori Plus and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus both say no content available when you try to purchase them from the Vita games A-Z section of the store. The only way you can find them is if you manually search for them. Whoever is in charge of the vita store should be fired. You guys are costing Tecmo Koei money.

+ Sid Shuman on August 10th, 2013 at 2:22 pm said:

Thanks, the team is aware of the downloading issue and is working on a fix.

+ Tjoeb123 on August 9th, 2013 at 10:30 pm said:

Stuff We Talked About
-Dragon’s Crown

No love for Tales of Xillia? Especially considering Ryan was pretty much the JRPG guy over at IGN…

+ Sid Shuman on August 10th, 2013 at 2:22 pm said:

Ah, missed the link. We’ll get it added soon

+ Justin Massongill on August 10th, 2013 at 10:23 pm said:

I’ll have plenty of love for Tales of Xillia next week, I’d reckon. Finally got into it this week.

+ Ktalus on August 9th, 2013 at 11:01 pm said:

any update on terraria vita you guys said summer and summers countin down sorry to seem impatient thnx for any info you can give .

+ Sid Shuman on August 10th, 2013 at 2:22 pm said:

Will ask about this

+ RE_Player on August 9th, 2013 at 11:04 pm said:

Fantastic blogcast. This gave me the final push I needed to hop on The Last of Us multiplayer.

+ Sid Shuman on August 10th, 2013 at 2:22 pm said:

Let us know what you think! I’m obsessed with it

+ stlthriot on August 10th, 2013 at 4:15 am said:

I know this probably isn’t the best place to post this but could we possibly get a “Search” feature within the Download List? I have over 1,100 items and when I had reformat after the firmware issue a few weeks back, it’s quite a pain to go back through to redownload items I have purchased. Or even if this could just be implemented into the web version of the PSN store.
Or if I searched for a game via the current search feature, if it could have a “Re-download” option listed on the game’s page.

Thanks so much!! ^-^

+ Sid Shuman on August 10th, 2013 at 2:23 pm said:

Yes, this would be great. Nothing to report but I’ll ask

+ time346 on August 10th, 2013 at 8:27 am said:

@#1- The Psn/Psvita ports are still incoming but are being handled by a third party dev team. According to Derek Yu, Spelunky’s creator, the versions are coming “a little while later”. So no official release date has been set. Would love to hear new info on not only Spelunky, but also the Psvita versions of Terraria and The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.

+ Ryumoau on August 10th, 2013 at 8:48 am said:

eh…personally sick of Last of Us talk now. Only thing interesting coming to psn next week for me is Ducktales, but i find the price about high for that kinda game.

Any news on when we will be given the option to preorder One Piece Pirate Warriors 2? As usual, EU has it and other games for preorder weeks ahead of their release while we tend to wait till the last minute for some reason. We didn’t even get Xillia preorder for some reason. :(

I’m hoping that since that PLAY 2013 ends next week, you’ll be able to concentrate on preorders on better titles now.

+ PBrudz on August 10th, 2013 at 11:14 am said:

I am also looking forward to info on Spelunky and Terraria for VITA (not to mention Dive Kick). Two other indies that would be awesome on Vita: FTL and Rogue Legacy!

+ Justin Massongill on August 10th, 2013 at 10:25 pm said:

Divekick!! I can’t waiiiiiit.

+ FJ1100_rider on August 10th, 2013 at 11:35 am said:

@1 , spelunky is coming in a month or so , but since it’s a sub par version of the game spelunker which was the original game spelunky was based on I recommend you check out speluker hd on psn , which released a fre years ago
spelunky is basically a knockoff made by another developer for pc when they couldn’t license the arcade game , it has a lot of the same game play mechanics and it’s the same game environment , and even the same super hard frustrating difficulty level , but I prefer the original .
I’ll get spelunky too but only because I can play on psvita

+ FJ1100_rider on August 10th, 2013 at 11:39 am said:

@8 , there is an easy workaround for that issue , log into the web store – buy your psvita content , add it to your download queue and turn on the vita console
the game or dlc will start to download , no need to use the vuta store other than look at what’s available or use your downloads list

as for content showing as not available I have never had that happen , but if it’s happening for you just use the psVita new releases or all games section and scroll through the games

+ rabidninjamonky on August 10th, 2013 at 12:00 pm said:

@17 Thanks for trying to help. I know about the web store. I had to use it to buy cladun x-2, since it was removed from vita store for some reason. Unfortunately I don’t always have my laptop with me. I was going to buy Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 plus a couple months ago, and when i tried to buy the game it said no content available. I assumed sony removed the game for quality purposes, but I later saw it on the web store. Go ahead check it out. if you try to purchase either NGS2 or Atelier Totori plus from the vita store, you won’t be able to find them without manually searching. It’s ridiculous! Tecmo Koei deserves better from Sony.

+ supermoc10 on August 10th, 2013 at 2:02 pm said:

Great Blogcast. I have a Dualshock 4-related question: Does the Dualshock 4 work on the PS3? I will be getting a PS4 at launch but I’ll come back to my PS3 a lot due to games like GTAV and TLOU and also due to PS Plus. After all the stuff I’ve heard about the DS4, I’d hate to have to go back to the DS3.

+ Sonicfan11589 on August 10th, 2013 at 3:02 pm said:

i know i asked this about a week ago but i would like to know if there are any updates on Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate:
-Will it have pre-order costumes with PSN version.
-Will it be a Day 1 Digital order?

+ SNORLAXex on August 10th, 2013 at 6:24 pm said:

I want that Saints Row 4 – $1 Million dollar Edition

+ WHChampion on August 10th, 2013 at 7:23 pm said:

Hi guys, My name is Guillermo. I was recently, just yesterday as a matter of fact, charged with another 3 months of playstation plus by auto renewal. I didn’t want that. I know it sounds awesome to have another 3 months of playstation plus but I wasn’t planning to buy it. This is rather odd since I’ve bought playstation plus before through the Playsation store and usually it just expires. Well I was wondering if I could get any help with this problem. Who to call, what to do.
Thank you.

+ deathuponhe52 on August 10th, 2013 at 10:51 pm said:

When is tag coming out for the vita

+ ReDeYe_ on August 11th, 2013 at 1:57 am said:

Is anyone else having trouble with psn?

+ remanutd5 on August 11th, 2013 at 10:12 am said:

9 Days till sony gamescon press conference, will you guys be there? are you stream the show? should we(psvita owners) get excited about it?

+ Jsfate on August 11th, 2013 at 12:00 pm said:

any decent playplus games coming out? I got hitman and so far not impressed.. or is there a list of upcoming “free titles” I could look at?

+ Jsfate on August 11th, 2013 at 12:03 pm said:

@WHChampion you can cancel that on your own through the account settings, I do this every time so not to go through what you say you did. good luck!

+ BlueBl1zzard on August 11th, 2013 at 3:47 pm said:

@Jsfate they release a list of the free games coming to plus for the month on the first Monday of each month. This month we get:
Hitman: Absolution (PS3)
Zen Pinball 2: Star Wars Pinball (PS3/Vita)
Bit.Trip Presents Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (PS3)
Machinarium (Vita)
Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower (PSP/Vita)

+ TwinDad on August 12th, 2013 at 7:53 am said:

For the PAX live blogcast, you should play one quick round of Cards against humanity.

+ jou321 on August 12th, 2013 at 8:29 am said:

Can you guys please elaborate more about The Last of Us documentary? Like where exactly can I find this on the PSN? I don’t have the season pass but I would gladly buy this as a PSN movie download.

+ Kchow23 on August 12th, 2013 at 5:09 pm said:

I love the big red letters for Spoiler Cast! Great blogcast this week enjoyed it!

+ Kchow23 on August 12th, 2013 at 5:13 pm said:

Also Hawken for PS4! and being able to upgrade sub-accounts to master accounts :)

+ jcperry on August 15th, 2013 at 6:43 am said:

When is the playstation blog app for smartphones coming ?