Minecraft PS4

The PlayStation Recap – What We’re Reading

Justin Massongill's Avatar + Posted by Justin Massongill on Aug 11, 2013 // SCEA Social Media Specialist

Tales of Xillia is out! I’ve only gotten a few hours of play time with it so far, but I’m liking what I see so far. Anybody else playing this one?

Soul Sacrifice got some free new DLC this week, Sound Shapes turned one year old (and is 50% off for a very limited time) Kickbeat hits PS Vita and PS3 September 3rd, Shadow of the Colossus dethroned The Last of Us in the monthly PSN sales charts, we got a closer look at the inner workings of The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, there’s a new Visualizer app on PS3 from the house of PixelJunk, Q-Games, and more happened this week.

What are you playing?

• I’m playing: Tales of Xillia, Dragon’s Crown, PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD
  • I’m watching: Breaking Bad (!!!)
  • I’m listening to: Nujabes, George & Jonathan

What We’re Reading

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

Most-Watched Video of the Week

+ Mobius2525 on August 11th, 2013 at 8:19 pm said:

I’m playing: unit 13
I’m watching: the walking dead Season 1-3(Preparing for Season 4)
I’m listening to: Nothing

+ Alastor424 on August 11th, 2013 at 8:21 pm said:

Will the Kingdom Hearts collection be on PSN as Day 1 Digital?

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on August 11th, 2013 at 8:25 pm said:

Don’t know, I’ll see if I can find out though.

+ rabidninjamonky on August 11th, 2013 at 8:30 pm said:

Well, this is awkward Justin. I’m also playing Tales of Xillia, Dragon’s Crown and Pixejunk monsters. I’m a little let down by TOX though. I preferred Tales of Graces battle system and item crafting, but I am enjoying the story so far and will play it again tonight as soon as I watch Breaking Bad!! I missed the first airing, but it comes on again in 31 minutes! Can’t wait. I’m not listening to much music, but I do love Mazer Lazer’s Bubble Butt. It sounds great with my Pulse elites!

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on August 11th, 2013 at 8:46 pm said:

I’m getting ready for Breaking Bad in 15 minutes too! Can’t wait!!!

I’ve never played a Tales game before, so can’t judge Xillia on that basis. As far as JRPGs go though, I’m enjoying it so far. Loving the battle system!

+ Draxido on August 11th, 2013 at 8:38 pm said:

Hey Justin, there will be guacamelee gold edition for PS vita? and will be discounts on alot of games like in the EU store right now?

+ rwlove on August 11th, 2013 at 8:38 pm said:

woaaahhhhhhhhhhh you’re listening to nujabes?! you just made my day

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on August 11th, 2013 at 8:50 pm said:

He’s one of my standbys… no matter how much my musical tastes change over the years, he’s got a permanent spot on whichever device I’m listening on. RIP.

+ thebiglouie on August 11th, 2013 at 8:47 pm said:

I’m surprised there was no mention on the blog of new Vita firmware 2.60 that came out last week. Easier access to PS+ online storage, easier access to turn on/off wireless network, the ability to hide both PS3 and Vita trophies, from the online profile, being able to change around icons using just the buttons, and, apparently most important to some: anti-aliased bubbles.

I’m playing: mix of Virtue’s Last Reward (these endings 0_0 ), Dragon’s Crown, Toro’s Friend Network, and Treasure Park.
I’m watching: Dodgers winning yet again
I’m listening: “Rock” stations that now only play new folk : /

+ Draxido on August 11th, 2013 at 8:58 pm said:

Hey Justin, why u did respond every comment but mine? there will be guacamelee gold edition for PS vita? and will be discounts on alot of games like in the EU store right now?

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on August 11th, 2013 at 9:29 pm said:

I didn’t reply to the first comment either. :) Sorry, didn’t reply to yours because I don’t have an answer. The Gold Edition is the Steam release with the DLC included right? Haven’t been following that one.

+ moecage on August 11th, 2013 at 9:23 pm said:

I have a question if you don’t mind me asking ? is it possible to have the store update on Friday instead of Tuesday ?
that way we can play the new games on the weekend.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on August 11th, 2013 at 11:12 pm said:

Always happy to hear what you guys want. I’ll send your feedback up the chain.

+ Stranger_Eddie on August 11th, 2013 at 9:31 pm said:

Justin Massongill

Is there a kind of developer plan to CORRECT the ABSURD graphical problems, slow down and UGLY technical inconsistent frame rate, present in Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus 2 for PS Vita version????

All reviews around the world is talking about this and NOBODY is doing ANY ATTENTION?

The first Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus for Vita is PERFECT! … But the SECOND have TECHNICAL PROBLEMS and NOBODY DID NOTHING!

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on August 11th, 2013 at 11:15 pm said:

Never played the second one myself. Can’t speak for the devs but I’ll send your feedback along.

+ dodgedoors on August 11th, 2013 at 9:39 pm said:

Justin, you’ll really like the last line in the episode tonight, gave me chills.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on August 11th, 2013 at 11:11 pm said:

Yeah, what a killer scene. Gave me goosebumps. Can’t wait to see where the show ends up.

+ rabidninjamonky on August 11th, 2013 at 10:01 pm said:

@10 I just finished it. The whole last scene was intense, especially once the garage door shut. If Hank lives through this, I hope he gets a spinoff. I loved the last line as well. Off to play Tales of Xillia now!

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on August 11th, 2013 at 11:10 pm said:

Careful, you’re bordering on spoiler territory! Got my finger hovering over the big red “DELETE COMMENT” button. :)

+ DecadanceFantasy on August 11th, 2013 at 10:39 pm said:

I’m playing: Tales of Xillia, Dragon’s Crown, and Adventure Bar Labyrinth. The last one reminds me of Azure Dreams.
I’m watching: The Tales of Xillia 2 Op.
Listening to: whatever sounds good on vidzone.

+ rabidninjamonky on August 12th, 2013 at 12:37 am said:

Oops, I literally just finished watching it about 2 minutes before my last comment. I was a little too excited i guess. I was trying to be as vague as possible, Sorry if that was considered a spoiler.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on August 12th, 2013 at 10:11 am said:

No worries! I’ll let that one slide. ;)

+ AliadVR on August 12th, 2013 at 2:52 am said:

Currently I am playing Valkyria Chronicles…Just downloaded the DLC as well.

Well, currently I have no particular series or movie in mind…So I am not watching anything.

As for listening, I am listening to Dvorak’s 9th Symphony ‘From the New World.” — Haha thanks to Asura’s Wrath that I had been exposed to such masterpiece…

+ SeanStrange on August 12th, 2013 at 5:59 pm said:

Currently playing: Dragon’s Crown and Tales of Xillia
Currently watching: Dangan Ronpa: The animation, Attack on Titan and Free!
Currently listening to: Dangan Ronpa Official Soundtrack
Currently waiting for: Dangan Ronpa: Reloaded and Dangan Ronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (North America)