Far Cry 4

New Watch_Dogs Trailer Rules the City

Kim Belair's Avatar + Posted by Kim Belair on Aug 13, 2013 // Community Developer, Ubisoft

Hey guys!

Last time, I was pumped to share the Honored Trailer for Watch_Dogs, and now I’m here with some new gameplay footage that’ll give you the rundown on how to operate in the world of the game. As you may know, Watch_Dogs’ interpretation of Chicago is a web of technological connections, all overseen and managed by ctOS, a piece of centralized software designed to watch over the city and keep it running smoothly. ctOS controls everything from emergency response to the network of indoor and outdoor security cameras dotting the urban landscape. In the hands of a skilled hacker and strategist like Aiden Pearce, ctOS means nearly unlimited power. And in your hands, it means incredibly fun and engaging open-world gameplay.

So check out the Watch_Dogs Hacking featurette.

Whether you’re looking for a tactical advantage in stealth and strategy or just a bit of gossip mongering through strangers’ private texts and scandalous emails, hacking into ctOS gives you total access, and it’s an amazing feeling to play with all that power.

In the next episode, you’ll be learning all about Chicago, both as a city under constant surveillance and as a living, breathing entity in Watch_Dogs. It’s going to be pretty great, so keep an eye out for it right here.

For now, you can pre-order Watch_Dogs on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 to be among the first to explore its open world. To get your copy, visit our official website.

And you can keep up with all the latest news and updates on the Watch_Dogs Facebook page, or follow us on Twitter or Instagram.

Until next time!

+ FeddeCampo on August 13th, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

Another great trailer :)
I will pick Watchdogs for PS4 I think, maybe the inmersive city of Chicago will be more enjoyable that way! :D
thank you for the info Kim!

Kim Belair's Avatar

+ Kim Belair on August 13th, 2013 at 9:48 am said:

My pleasure. I’m honestly just psyched every time we’ve got new stuff ready to show you guys!

+ Teflon02 on August 13th, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

Ubisoft must be proud of this game, from what I’ve seen Watch Dogs has more Pre-orders then, BF4, CoDG and KZSF. Game looks great, this will be day 1 PS4 title for me

+ idn86i on August 13th, 2013 at 9:26 am said:

I almost forgot I’m watching a trailer for a video game! This looks fantastic!

+ stlthriot on August 13th, 2013 at 9:26 am said:

I’m curious how massive the PS4 digital download of this game will be! :D

+ stlthriot on August 13th, 2013 at 9:31 am said:

Wow, that was absolutely stunning!! Every time I see new footage I continue to be impressed!!

Love what you can do to the cops to stop them from catching you!! :D

Kim Belair's Avatar

+ Kim Belair on August 13th, 2013 at 9:49 am said:

Yeah, the versatility is awesome; there’s room for a ton of different strategies.

+ kericowe on August 13th, 2013 at 10:02 am said:

When can we expect to see some PS3 gameplay?

+ Groovy341 on August 13th, 2013 at 10:02 am said:

I am ridiculously excited for this game. Already have it and my PS4 on pre-order. Can’t wait to see more footage either. Awesome, simply awesome.

+ GeoDarky on August 13th, 2013 at 10:30 am said:

Ubisoft is setting the bar high for open-world games with the start of next-gen, pre-ordered and just waiting for PS4 release

+ wally_mammoth on August 13th, 2013 at 11:09 am said:

The more I see of this game, the more I think I need to pre-order it!

+ IrishDude2 on August 13th, 2013 at 11:21 am said:

On your official website

Why is there no PS4 version mentioned? I can remember seeing a PS4 version on it before. Is GAME and GameStop the only two stores doing this edition? I’m over in EU by the way. Witting here as it has replies. Can we see a video of the hat and mask being used by someone so we can see what it’s like instead of just pictures?

+ rabidninjamonky on August 13th, 2013 at 11:37 am said:

Love the gameplay trailer, it reminds me of a Rockstar Games trailer. Even the narrator sounds very similar to Rockstar’s narrator. This game looks incredible too. It has a cool, original look and feel to it. I’m very impressed! This will definately be the first game I get for PS4!!

+ AizawaYuuichi on August 13th, 2013 at 12:38 pm said:

Can’t wait to finally play this game! Been looking forward to it since its announcement last year. Keeps looking better and better!

+ NickMulder on August 13th, 2013 at 12:43 pm said:

Am I the only one that noticed Aiden doesn’t always work alone? ;) I noticed that :p now I’m curious! Who was that guy!

+ Kajell123 on August 13th, 2013 at 1:13 pm said:

This game looks like it has MASSIVE potentials…if you guys can deliver on everything that you have presented to us so far, then the sky is the limit!

Is this a launch title or is it slated to be released in 2014? Thanks!

+ pfcallan on August 13th, 2013 at 1:49 pm said:

Looks really good, tell more for the touch pad on PS4.

+ PainOfSarrow on August 13th, 2013 at 1:49 pm said:

looks great. how come you and GTA V just dont make a baby already ? imagine them combined.

+ plaztiksyke on August 13th, 2013 at 1:52 pm said:

Are there any GLBT characters in Watch Dogs? Or playable female characters?

I love that Ubisoft introduced more diversity with Assassin’s Creed on Vita, so I’m hoping for more in Watch Dogs.

I’m also interested in hearing about support for local co-op, Move integration, and 3D support in the PS4 version.

Thanks!

+ NYPUNK88 on August 13th, 2013 at 3:02 pm said:

Hey, Kim… how you doin’? ; )

Kim Belair's Avatar

+ Kim Belair on August 14th, 2013 at 6:05 am said:

Brilliantly.

+ UnsEenAsanB33f on August 13th, 2013 at 3:40 pm said:

Man do I get more psyched every time I see trailers for this game I get all fuzzy on the inside.

Ubisoft can you go ahead and ship my PS4 copy to me so I can cheat on my wife with it?

Kim Belair's Avatar

+ Kim Belair on August 14th, 2013 at 6:06 am said:

We cannot condone philandering with video games and would instead suggest that you both enjoy the Watch_Dogs as a couple.

(But thank you!)

+ HoLyCoWzOrZ on August 13th, 2013 at 3:46 pm said:

OMG, I really wanna get this now. Will this be available through Steam?

+ ASSASSINPRINCE1 on August 13th, 2013 at 3:56 pm said:

I’m so pumped for this game its my first gen game I’m going to buy!! Sadly I want to buy the LE for this game but won’t be able to since it is a little to pricey for me or else I would have.

+ zingakun on August 13th, 2013 at 4:02 pm said:

I think it could be fun if we have some kind of cooperative play in terms of hacking some complex machines or devices by using a DDoS attack from multiple users online :)

+ XdEadlyMufFinsX on August 13th, 2013 at 5:09 pm said:

This game is probably gonna be the best game to come out in 2013….i cant wait

+ tusunami on August 13th, 2013 at 5:41 pm said:

This game is going to be excellent, can’t wait to see the multiplayer.!!!!!!!!!!!

+ DrakeplaysMC on August 13th, 2013 at 6:07 pm said:

Intense action and those hacking make me so want to play this game right now!!!!!
And those sport cars oh mama~

+ Papafynn on August 14th, 2013 at 12:11 am said:

Does Aiden ever change his clothes? A wanted man wearing the same clothes day-in day-out seems rather conspicuous.

+ dark_angel69 on August 14th, 2013 at 2:41 am said:

Apart from the graphics, what is the big difference between the PS3 and PS4 version? I would love to get the PS4 version but the price for the Vigilante Edition is crazy at my local store which is tempting me to buy the PS3 version cos it’s cheaper.
Few questions I hope you can answer:
1) Would I be missing out on much if I got the PS3 version?
2) Would we be using the PS4 touch pad often during the game?
3) Is graphics and touch pad the only two things that gives the PS4 version an advantage over PS3?

+ Strangeheaven on August 14th, 2013 at 4:19 am said:

Was that ps3 or ps4 footage? I’m guessing ps3

+ Strangeheaven on August 14th, 2013 at 4:23 am said:

The Last Guardian for Gamescom please sony, go on show it off to the world. What’s the big secret?

+ Strangeheaven on August 14th, 2013 at 4:26 am said:

Does anyone know if your ps3 psn games will transfer over to ps4

+ MONEYCLIP817 on August 14th, 2013 at 6:24 am said:

Ubisoft is absolutely killing it. They are one of the very best in the industry, no doubt.

+ JaShatta1 on August 14th, 2013 at 6:44 am said:

All i am asking for is a release date on that PS4, I would love to get it in November since i pushed a day one pre order. That said i am only getting 2 games for this year on the PS3, money for game set aside for PS4.

+ jcperry on August 14th, 2013 at 8:25 am said:

Is this PS4 ?

+ GioRage on August 14th, 2013 at 9:54 am said:

Thanx for the awesome video. I’m definitely getting this for PS4. It’s kinda odd though, I’m getting a PS4 which in itself is a technical masterpiece and I’m getting a game about hacking with a smart phone utilizing incredible futuristic tech yet I’ve never personally owned a smart phone! I’m thinking this game won’t do anything to encourage me to buy a smart phone lol.

+ Welmosca on August 14th, 2013 at 11:55 am said:

Christ that blue on PS4 boxes are so ugly…damn PS4 is going all wrong…anyway Watch_Dogs looks great and fun….its a must buy without doubt…I just hope that the game is big like a s***load of missions and side-missions and collectibles and all this stuff….because the world of Watch_Dogs looks good to get lost in and I wanna get lost in there hours and hours.Please tell me its big in this aspect.I dont care for MP.

+ RulitoCR on August 15th, 2013 at 4:26 pm said:

Awesome!! Already pre ordered the special edition!!