PS4-The Order

PS3 Live Events App Hits Today, Watch WWE SummerSlam Sunday

Andrew Varda's Avatar + Posted by Andrew Varda on Aug 13, 2013 // Marketing, Sony Entertainment Network

John Cena will take on Daniel Bryan for the WWE Championship this Sunday, August 18th at 4:00pm Pacific Time — and you’ll be able to watch directly from your PS3! You can watch WWE SummerSlam and many more live events to come using the new Live Events Viewer PS3 app that launches later today after the PlayStation Store update.

Live Events App

The Live Events Viewer PS3 app will serve as a hub for your favorite sports, concerts, and other entertainment events. The Live Events Viewer allows you to watch live content or catch up with on-demand viewing of wrestling events, concerts, races and more all with no subscription and no commitments. Some live events will be offered on a pay-per-view basis and other events will be completely free. New events will be added weekly, so be sure to check back each week.

To get ready for WWE SummerSlam, download the Live Events Viewer app for free:

1. Log on to the PlayStation Store on your PlayStation 3 system.
  2. Scroll down to the Apps section and find Live Events Viewer for download.
  3. Once the Live Events Viewer is downloaded, find it on the XMB under TV/Video Services.
  4. Log on with your PSN or Sony Entertainment Network username and password.
  5. Then, enjoy watching WWE’s SummerSlam this Sunday, including the pre-show starting at 4:00pm Pacific Time (7:00pm Eastern), and other to-be-announced live events on the Live Events Viewer.

Tell your friends about the newest addition to the PlayStation Store by joining us on Twitter and Facebook.

PAGE 1 2

+ tusunami on August 13th, 2013 at 5:23 pm said:

Well this seems interesting, but until I find out what is free. This will be a wait & see thing.

+ Cuscatleko_69 on August 13th, 2013 at 5:30 pm said:

Genial excelente aplicacion me sera muy util para ver WWE.

+ Jerel on August 13th, 2013 at 6:05 pm said:

Sweet! Now I have even one less reason to turn on my Xbox 360! I can’t wait to watch Summerslam on my PS3 instead of my 360! XD

It would be awesome if I could watch WWE Raw Live on my PS3 with this App. Watching it a day later on Hulu Plus is fine, but I’d rather watch it live.

+ thesand212 on August 13th, 2013 at 6:52 pm said:

I hope will get a MTV, Cartoon network, and Nickelodeon app

+ Syrlis on August 13th, 2013 at 8:10 pm said:

Been waiting forever to have pay-per-view UFC events on my ps3 and this what you offer? Nobody cares about fake wrestling, who seriously pays to watch WWE? Lame…

+ Stepswon on August 13th, 2013 at 9:51 pm said:

Why is the Live Events app a US only app? People outside they US did pay the same price for the Playstation as US consumers did and in some cases more? So why aren’t we ALL getting the same features?

I don’t even want to think what we are going to miss out on with the PS4 drops. Will pricing be adjusted accordingly?

+ Amnalehu on August 14th, 2013 at 7:16 am said:

I wonder if they will show live events like Gamescom. It would also be nice to be able to watch Artist from the Sony Music labels live in concert!

+ Superstone on August 14th, 2013 at 9:41 am said:

Why does Canada get screwed on these apps. More apps for the Vita!!! NHL, Crackle, AR Drone……

+ cube50 on August 14th, 2013 at 9:47 am said:

Well this app is not going to be released in Canada. Anyways who is going to pay $44 for a WWE PPV?

+ thebrownmind on August 14th, 2013 at 1:18 pm said:

If we buy the show, is there any way to retain a copy on our hard drive? Maybe even record it like a DVR?

+ NinjaNick7369 on August 14th, 2013 at 2:21 pm said:

Do I have to watch the event live? I want to get SummerSlam, but want to wait until my roommate gets off work. Can we watch it on demand once he gets home?

+ so-knee on August 14th, 2013 at 3:01 pm said:

Will this cover all NFL games now that Microsoft has the NFL deal and the NFL pass won’t be available on Sony devices anymore?

+ ChaseHammerJ on August 15th, 2013 at 4:58 am said:

App seems pointless to those that have cable service that has On Demand and PPV already, but for those with only internet access this would be cool idea.

And cant believe some of you peeps thought the PPV was free :P

+ honkayjeezus on August 15th, 2013 at 4:54 pm said:

I hate it when announcements are made of PPV and subscription based models like all you need is a console to view them.

Shady.

+ lannelso on August 15th, 2013 at 8:49 pm said:

I second the idea about NFL Games being available on this app. I am going to miss NFL Sunday Ticket since they aren’t offering it this year on PS3 and I am most certainly not going to join DirectTV just for the feature. It would really help this app get a jump start as there is not much available on it initially. If you charged per game, I could see this really taking off as most people see NFL Sunday ticket as being too expensive when they usually only want to watch their team’s game. Make it happen Sony!!! :)

+ SLYKRATOSADDICT on August 17th, 2013 at 2:04 pm said:

I have a question . I plan on ordering it , but can’t get home til about 9 p.m . Can I still watch all the ppv(including the preshow) with ease ?

+ RKOExpress on August 18th, 2013 at 6:00 am said:

The app sounds great, however it is not in Canada

+ RKOExpress on August 18th, 2013 at 6:01 am said:

no good for Canadians

+ MGR_Raiden4 on August 18th, 2013 at 5:23 pm said:

I can`t seem to find the Live Events Viewer PS3 app in my PSN store. Can it be downloaded in Canada or only in the US.

+ MGR_Raiden4 on August 18th, 2013 at 5:24 pm said:

I can`t seem to find the Live Events Viewer PS3 app in the PSN store. Can it be downloaded in Canada or only in the US.

+ riaseco08 on August 19th, 2013 at 10:46 am said:

Will this app be available to purchase in the United Kingdom in the foreseeable future

+ FearPhobic on August 24th, 2013 at 7:35 pm said:

Why isn’t the Floyd Mayweather vs Canelo Alvarez fight on the live events viewer app?

+ crazy_vato101 on August 31st, 2013 at 2:15 pm said:

so can we watch maywheather fights against canelo

+ nanndo15 on September 7th, 2013 at 4:21 am said:

you guys should have pay per view for the mayweather vs canelo fight! i definitely buy that event

+ hometowntouchdow on September 9th, 2013 at 5:57 pm said: