PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Unlock the Mysteries of Open Me on PS Vita Today

Dais Kawaguchi's Avatar + Posted by Dais Kawaguchi on Aug 13, 2013 // Associate Producer, SCEA

We hope you’re ready to think outside the box, ‘cause Open Me for PS Vita is available today on PlayStation Store!

We received an amazing response from everyone when we announced Open Me back in March, and we’ve been listening ever since.

First off, we created a trial version that you can download for free so you can get a feel for the game. Secondly, the trial version includes the multiplayer box mode, so grab your friends and take on the challenge together!

After you’ve taken Open Me for a test drive, purchase the full 12-pack game for $9.99, or one pack for $0.99. If 12 packs are too many, and one just isn’t enough, we created a 6-pack bundle (24 boxes) for $5.49. Enough packs, puzzles, and boxes for you?!

We didn’t think so either, so we partnered with three teams in Japan Studio to create three collaboration boxes! If you purchase one pack or more, you’ll also get the Tokyo Jungle box, Toro’s box, and the Gravity Rush box for free!

Open Me on PS VitaOpen Me on PS VitaOpen Me on PS Vita

The Smart AR in Open Me works especially well when you use the Original AR Marker, so if you have a printer nearby, print out the Original AR Marker, place it in front of your PS Vita, and watch as the boxes appear magically on your screen. If you have a magazine or a newspaper, that works too.

You think you have what it takes to open all the boxes? Swing by PlayStation Store today to find out!

+ Zionine on August 13th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

Might pick this up! :) Looks fun. Great usage of the Vita’s capabilities. I’ll start off with a 1-pack as it comes with 4…

How does upgrading work? Do I still have to pay 10$, even if I already bought one?

Dais Kawaguchi's Avatar

+ Dais Kawaguchi on August 13th, 2013 at 2:31 pm said:

Hi Zionine,
    Definitely, please give the game a try!

You can continue to purchase each pack for $0.99, so you will not have to purchase the full game after.
    However, if you plan to download more later, you will be able to save few dollars if you purchase the full 12-pack game for $9.99.

+ Zionine on August 13th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

Oh.. and trophy support?

Dais Kawaguchi's Avatar

+ Dais Kawaguchi on August 13th, 2013 at 2:32 pm said:

OPEN ME! supports trophy :)

+ MrWalterCool on August 13th, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

Remembers me a NDS game, but this it’s using AR, I’m going to try it on night

Dais Kawaguchi's Avatar

+ Dais Kawaguchi on August 13th, 2013 at 2:43 pm said:

Thanks! Please do!

+ Zionine on August 13th, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

One More question: File size for all 48 boxes? +the other three box sets, I suppose.

Dais Kawaguchi's Avatar

+ Dais Kawaguchi on August 13th, 2013 at 2:45 pm said:

Hello again!
    The file size will be around 585 MB.

+ Darth_NODlike on August 13th, 2013 at 8:23 am said:

Looks interesting and I like that there is a demo available. I will be checking it out.

+ liammill18 on August 13th, 2013 at 8:25 am said:

I’ve been super excited for this game for a while! Glad to see it coming out! As much as I love knowing a release date ahead of time, I can’t help but get super hype for releases that launch immediately after their [re-]announcement.

+ vanwinkle on August 13th, 2013 at 8:27 am said:

So…does the standard AR cards that come with the Vita work too?

Dais Kawaguchi's Avatar

+ Dais Kawaguchi on August 13th, 2013 at 2:48 pm said:

Yes, the AR Cards work perfectly!

+ Mando44646 on August 13th, 2013 at 8:29 am said:

eh

+ TomatoDragon on August 13th, 2013 at 8:35 am said:

This looks pretty cool. Will check it out.

+ BlueRobotX on August 13th, 2013 at 8:40 am said:

I wasn’t going to get this game but since there will be a free trial version will try it and maybe I will end up liking it.

Thanks again for the free trial version.

+ Mercenary09 on August 13th, 2013 at 8:48 am said:

Looks interesting. Will give it a try later today.

+ Gorvi on August 13th, 2013 at 9:14 am said:

This looks really cool, I’m glad there’s a demo. :)

+ divineLite on August 13th, 2013 at 9:15 am said:

great idea to give 6-pack between 1 and 12
I’ll pick it up

Dais Kawaguchi's Avatar

+ Dais Kawaguchi on August 13th, 2013 at 3:02 pm said:

Glad to hear! Thank you!!

+ idn86i on August 13th, 2013 at 9:17 am said:

This looks fantastic!!! I can’t wait to try this game out. Thank you for making a trial version for us!!

+ ero619 on August 13th, 2013 at 9:59 am said:

This looks cool i loved pulzar, gonna try it out!

+ xClayMeow on August 13th, 2013 at 10:14 am said:

If I don’t have RL Vita friends, will I still be able to try the trial? It’s a bit vague.

+ GeoDarky on August 13th, 2013 at 10:33 am said:

looks odd in interesting way

+ BlueBl1zzard on August 13th, 2013 at 10:40 am said:

I was just wondering yesterday when this would make it’s way over here. Anyway glad to see there’s a free trial and multiple options for purchasing, thanks.

Dais Kawaguchi's Avatar

+ Dais Kawaguchi on August 13th, 2013 at 3:03 pm said:

What a perfect timing!
    Please enjoy!!

+ plaztiksyke on August 13th, 2013 at 1:59 pm said:

This looks like a great use of the Vita’s AR capabilities, unlike the other games (Pulzar, Cliff Diving, etc) which were good tech demos but could have been 2D shareware games.

One thing that I hope improves is emulating the lighting in the environment. Right now, the renders are really bright like early 1990s game that have no lighting whatsoever. It would be really awesome if the AR libraries took the shading and color temperature of the lighting on the AR cards to roughly recreate the real-world lighting. Even if it only did it once during the recognition of the cards (rather than dynamic at 1fps), it would make a HUGE difference in the immersion and impressiveness.

Looking forward to a Vita-native EyePet, especially one that interacts with EyePet on PS4 :)

Are there any plans for Vita to support the Wonderbook accessory? Still waiting for word of PS4-native Wonderbook titles, hopefully with 3D support :)

+ BPinter on August 13th, 2013 at 2:51 pm said:

Any word on Travel Bug? REALLY think that would be a great game / app on the Vita!

+ Kchow23 on August 13th, 2013 at 3:12 pm said:

Really glad that this game is already out… surprised it didn’t get more exposure considering how awesome it is!

+ tusunami on August 13th, 2013 at 5:31 pm said:

This is intriguing indeed, I will check this out at some point.

+ doggie456 on August 13th, 2013 at 6:04 pm said:

Will there be future dlc with additional chests?

+ Elvick_ on August 13th, 2013 at 10:58 pm said:

Why did it take so long to get this in NA?

+ Benzitor on August 14th, 2013 at 4:41 am said:

EXCELLENT GAME !!!

I thought i would grab Soul Sacrifice, but i think i will take Open Me…

Split pack or group pack or full game purchase, genius
no card AR, genius

I had a blast with trial pack…can’t wait for the rest of the game

Will you do DLC ?

+ divineLite on August 14th, 2013 at 5:57 am said:

the demo hook me up more than expected
so I pay the full 12+1 pack anyway

great game, i like this so much and i can show to my friend and let them open the box themselves

+ TUNA-EGG on August 14th, 2013 at 5:58 am said:

Will check this out. Thanks for the trial version! I hope I’ll find it worthy enough to purchase additional packs.

+ BlueBl1zzard on August 14th, 2013 at 2:31 pm said:

I downloaded the trial and, I gotta say, I liked what I played. I especially enjoy the challenge boxes that you are able to send to friends (are they shareable through “near” as well?). The Challenge Box feature reminds me of Treasure Park, and I could see myself making and breaking (open) boxes for months to come.

+ mariocarrion on August 14th, 2013 at 7:20 pm said:

Hey Dais

Question, is it ok to make a video review about the game?

+ EPICNAME420 on August 19th, 2013 at 2:53 pm said:

any chance of getting the cool jpn ar poster in the states as a download that can be printed out???