PS4 - Destiny

Grand Theft Auto Online Revealed

R*Q's Avatar + Posted by R*Q on Aug 15, 2013 //

Grand Theft Auto Online is a dynamic and persistent online world for 16 players that begins by sharing gameplay features, geography and mechanics with Grand Theft Auto V, but will continue to expand and evolve after its launch with new content created by Rockstar Games and the Grand Theft Auto community. Grand Theft Auto Online takes the fundamental Grand Theft Auto concepts of freedom, ambient activity and mission-based gameplay and makes them available to multiple players in an incredibly detailed and responsive online world.

In Grand Theft Auto Online, players have the freedom to explore alone or with friends, work cooperatively to complete missions, band together to participate in activities and ambient events, or compete in traditional game modes with the entire community, all with the personality and refined mechanics of Grand Theft Auto V.

Players can invest in their character through customizing their appearance, improving their stats, owning customized vehicles, purchasing personal property, and taking part in missions, jobs and activities to earn reputation and cash to open up new opportunities to rise through the criminal ranks. The world of Grand Theft Auto Online will constantly grow and change as new content is added, creating the first ever persistent and dynamic Grand Theft Auto game world.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ darkxshinobi on August 15th, 2013 at 7:21 am said:

BOUGHT THE FIRST DAY!!!

+ jayrockslife on August 15th, 2013 at 7:22 am said:

This is awesome. I can’t wait to play GTAV next month!

R*Q's Avatar

+ R*Q on August 15th, 2013 at 8:30 am said:

Cheers! Great to hear you’re looking forward to your trip to Los Santos and Blaine County.

+ GeoDarky on August 15th, 2013 at 7:22 am said:

Good lord this GODLIKE!
Day freakin 0, well done R* you just set the par higher for open-world games

+ mystikalguy on August 15th, 2013 at 7:25 am said:

This is definitely a must own. Day 1 all the way

+ akisuo on August 15th, 2013 at 7:26 am said:

That looks so amazing. I will definitely be spending time in multiplayer for sure!

+ thunderbear on August 15th, 2013 at 7:33 am said:

Most ambitious game ever by the looks of it. Really hope it lives up to the expectations. Can’t help but to wish there was a next-gen version coming… even if it’s with just a smoother framerate, higher resolution and some fancier shaders. Would love a PC version.

R*Q's Avatar

+ R*Q on August 15th, 2013 at 8:31 am said:

Hey there, we don’t have anything to share about the possibility of a next-gen or a PC platform release at this time and we are completely focused on delivering the best possible experience for the consoles people have right now.

+ Major01 on August 15th, 2013 at 7:33 am said:

I can’t wait till this comes out for sure. But why is the multiplayer not available untill October?

+ luciFOUR on August 15th, 2013 at 7:33 am said:

Looks AMAZING!!!! Cannot wait for this to come out!

I’m also a little glad that this comes out a couple weeks after the main game so that I have some time to play that.

+ StormTimber on August 15th, 2013 at 7:35 am said:

sweeeeet

+ BrianMcGuinness on August 15th, 2013 at 7:41 am said:

Sick.

+ stlthriot on August 15th, 2013 at 7:43 am said:

Wow… this is by far the most diverse and comprehensive online experience ever in a videogame world! o.O …mind is blown… :D

+ xFuzylilManPeach on August 15th, 2013 at 7:44 am said:

I really cant love my girl enough for pre-ordering the collector’s edition for me! :)

I CAN NOT wait to play this! SOOOO hyped!!!!

R*Q's Avatar

+ R*Q on August 15th, 2013 at 8:31 am said:

Definitely a keeper!

+ DerpyTroller on August 15th, 2013 at 7:48 am said:

Can’t waitt omggg

+ Strangeheaven on August 15th, 2013 at 7:48 am said:

Graphics look dated and washed out ,ill wait for PS4 version.

+ ricku1967 on August 15th, 2013 at 7:52 am said:

a game world that huge and only 16 players?!?!?!? oh well, still looks awesome

+ CreepySketch on August 15th, 2013 at 7:53 am said:

So what happend to this coming out on September 17th, stop putting this back rock star, iii neeeed this game

R*Q's Avatar

+ R*Q on August 15th, 2013 at 8:33 am said:

To clarify: Grand Theft Auto V will be released on September 17th. Access to Grand Theft Auto Online is free with every retail copy of Grand Theft Auto V and launches on October 1st.

+ heyPJ93 on August 15th, 2013 at 7:56 am said:

wait I can buy a home form my multiplayer character!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!

+ agent47rpg on August 15th, 2013 at 7:56 am said:

online trophies?

+ philbricks on August 15th, 2013 at 7:58 am said:

Preordered mine!!! So now it does not come out until October? that sucks!!!

+ heyPJ93 on August 15th, 2013 at 7:58 am said:

FOR*******

+ bequia88 on August 15th, 2013 at 7:59 am said:

rockstar you did it again,this is a a awesome.

+ HeySumbode on August 15th, 2013 at 8:01 am said:

Yessssss, can’t wait!!!!!

+ IrishDude2 on August 15th, 2013 at 8:02 am said:

Was reading about this game on Kotaku just there now before coming on this. I’m scared if I wont be able to play online. :( It all looks so awesome and mind blowing and I want to play this sooooo much!! On both GTA 4 and Red Dead Redemption I couldn’t play a single game due to strict connection. Your games are the only ones I can’t play online without getting kicked out. Tell me this game will work!! No-matter what the connection is like.. tell me it will work! Will be very very very disappointed in yas if it doesn’t. No other game has been having problems when playing online for me so yours shouldn’t be having them either.

+ trustyourpilot on August 15th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

“Access to Grand Theft Auto Online is free with every retail copy of Grand Theft Auto V and launches on October 1st.”

Does this mean it won’t be a Day 1 Digital title on the PSN? Or will GTA V and GTA Online be sold separately on the PSN?

+ AnyGOLF on August 15th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

AWESOME GAME, Must buy it.

+ JnF_Gho5t on August 15th, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

Hurry up September! Can’t wait to unbox my collector’s edition

+ NYPUNK88 on August 15th, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

SONY, THIS IS WHAT PLAYSTATION HOME NEEDS TO BE!!!!! A large MMO world, with a dash of ‘The Division’ with it’s Person vs Ai, and Person vs. Person zones. Make it happen, Sony!

Quote my comment if you agree and lets tell Sony that this is what we want PS Home to be next gen on the PS4.

+ CouchPotato976 on August 15th, 2013 at 8:09 am said:

This looks incredible and I can’t wait. I have never pre-ordered a game before but I did that with this one. Does anyone know more about this process? Does this mean the store will be holding a copy for me? I would be pretty angry if I have already paid and I go to get mine and they are sold out.

+ IrishDude2 on August 15th, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

I agree with you NYPUNK88 but I’m not going to quote it. :)

Rockstar should make the PS4 Home!

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on August 15th, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

I would hope this mode is also available for the PS4…but this is amazing news..and i wasnt surprised..kinda sucks that SAINTS ROW didnt think about making this move..but whatever..im still getting both games..its going to be a pretty bizzy fall for me :p

+ gglock45 on August 15th, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

Sweet am getting it Now

+ Asher241 on August 15th, 2013 at 8:24 am said:

OMG Day 1 im gona get this game and il never stop playing it untill i didi everything i can in it

+ Binarynova on August 15th, 2013 at 8:29 am said:

Mind blown @ 2:23.

+ aaisacc-1911 on August 15th, 2013 at 8:32 am said:

Shieeeeetttt <3333

+ siko990 on August 15th, 2013 at 8:35 am said:

i do not like that game any more, thats not gta as we know it, look at the smoke and the eksplosionens hool new game. And the way when its driving fast, dont look good… i almost hate 2 see the videos, because its almost makes me sad to see the videos. dont call it gta v, call it something els…

+ Chris42793 on August 15th, 2013 at 8:50 am said:

I’ve been playing GTA (III) since I was 8 years old and its only getting better and better (way better than the Springing Simian game Bouncing Bananas). I’m SO PUMPED. Just wish more of my buddies had PS3 this console generation. And a part of me is regretting going abroad in the fall… You win, R*.

+ Bicgoozgetten-69 on August 15th, 2013 at 8:52 am said:

I just nuted up on my vita! I need this #%&! NOW

+ OmegaSpear on August 15th, 2013 at 8:55 am said:

Hell yeah!

+ Flypn5 on August 15th, 2013 at 8:56 am said:

Day 1 digital, please!! :D

+ pudgenet on August 15th, 2013 at 9:03 am said:

Will GTA V be a Day 1 Digital title on the PSN?

Shouldn’t all top games be available digitally on PSN? This is 2013. Optical media is soooooo 2009.

+ snakeeyes211 on August 15th, 2013 at 9:04 am said:

From what I’ve seen of GTA5 and GTA online can we just give it
game of the year already ;-)

+ OnPoInT_13 on August 15th, 2013 at 9:08 am said:

THANK GOD FOR PRE-SALE!!!! Finally back to the customization we all have missed since San Andreas! <3

+ FeelMyPower999 on August 15th, 2013 at 9:10 am said:

Both GTA will look awesome, I can’t wait for their release. :D

+ AfroGamerNinja on August 15th, 2013 at 9:10 am said:

Will you release GTA Online as a standalone title eventually?

+ ElektroDragon on August 15th, 2013 at 9:10 am said:

Please sell millions, I bought a lot of TTWO stock recently. :D

+ ElektroDragon on August 15th, 2013 at 9:11 am said:

And of course my Special Edition is pre-ordered.

+ CjD-85810 on August 15th, 2013 at 9:11 am said:

Man, I am so excited about this game. I already purchased my PS4 but I am not sure how much use it will get since I will be playing GTAV.

+ ZiiroNET on August 15th, 2013 at 9:12 am said:

G27 or general wheel support would be nice.

+ FrozoneUSMC on August 15th, 2013 at 9:14 am said:

Dear Rockstar,

TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

#thatisall

+ Connor2122 on August 15th, 2013 at 9:15 am said:

Why is September 17th taking forever I need my Grand Theft Auto V :) the online looks like best multiplayer experience of all time :)

PAGE 1 2 3