PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PS Vita Summer Select: Four New Indies Get PS Plus Discounts

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar + Posted by Pierre Gravereau on Aug 19, 2013 // Director, Digital Distribution

Summer is winding down, but that doesn’t mean the fun has to. To keep your summer fun going, we’ve selected four games launching over the next four weeks to be part of PS Vita Summer Select, our new PlayStation Store event. PS Plus members will receive a 20% discount on each game during its launch week, and — best of all — all four games are Cross-Buy for PS Vita and PS3.

Over the next four weeks, we’re shining the spotlight on some great independent developers by bringing you a new indie title each week. Check out some of the most unique gaming experiences coming to PS Vita, including Derek Yu’s beloved Spelunky, and two-button fighter Divekick. The first game drops tomorrow, so prepare to spend some serious time with your PS Vita!

No need to worry if you don’t have a PS Vita because all four PS Vita Summer Select titles are Cross-Buy for PS Vita and PS3! PS Plus members can take advantage of the launch week discounts on both the PS Vita and PS3 versions of each game.

Here’s the full line-up of games:

PS Vita Summer Select

9/3 through 9/9

9/10

Dragon Fantasy: Book II

$14.99

$11.99

9/10 through 9/16

Visit the PlayStation.Blog each week for more information on the PS Vita Summer Select titles. Which games are you going to grab to make the most of the rest of your summer?

PAGE 1 2

+ Berliniano on August 19th, 2013 at 7:06 am said:

Go PS VITA!!!

+ Anddo on August 19th, 2013 at 7:08 am said:

Spelunky!

+ carlpain on August 19th, 2013 at 7:10 am said:

Dragon Fantasy…maybe.

+ Loggernaut on August 19th, 2013 at 7:10 am said:

Well, you got me, I’ll be getting Spelunky and Dragon Fantasy book II, been waiting for those for quite a while.

+ TXCScorpion on August 19th, 2013 at 7:11 am said:

Was totally buying the first three already. Might pick up DF2 as well. Porcrastinated and didn’t get the first one when the release discount was out. Also Spelunky next week woooo! Is it Tuesday yet by the way? Wheres my Divekick arggggg! Time, our greatest adversary.

+ curlybrace on August 19th, 2013 at 7:11 am said:

Finally, a release date for Spelunky! My Vita is ready.

+ Zionine on August 19th, 2013 at 7:12 am said:

Will probably get most of these.. Which ones have platinums.. besides DF B2.

And should I play the first Dragon Fantasy to fully enjoy the 2nd?

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

+ Bryan Sawler on August 19th, 2013 at 1:27 pm said:

While Dragon Fantasy Book II definitely makes back references to Book I, we realize a lot of people who play it won’t have played the first, and made sure we didn’t “require” that to follow the story.

+ kivi95 on August 19th, 2013 at 7:13 am said:

Some nice releases but when is Lone Survivor and Bit trip Runner 2 releasing for the psvita?

+ neon_tooth on August 19th, 2013 at 7:14 am said:

I love my vita. I’m most excited about the ps4 so any game I want through my vita… I don’t know anything about dragon fantasy, but I’ll buy the rest for sure.

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

+ Bryan Sawler on August 19th, 2013 at 1:28 pm said:

Dragon Fantasy Book II is a 16-bit-style JRPG in the style of a Chrono Trigger or similar game – no random battles, enemies are wandering around the world, etc.

+ kivi95 on August 19th, 2013 at 7:15 am said:

Oh and Terraria aswell!? WHEN?

+ ItaChu on August 19th, 2013 at 7:17 am said:

Spelunky! Finally now i know i have to buy a psn card lol

+ The_Cowboy_Poet on August 19th, 2013 at 7:18 am said:

Awesome! I’m looking forward to Dragon Fantasy II on the Vita.
Speaking of indie Vita games, any word on when we can expect to play Proteus?

+ remanutd5 on August 19th, 2013 at 7:20 am said:

Since you are senior Manager of digital distribution i have a question for you , why we are not being able to pre order first party games on psn? im not interested in none of these games but is very good to see sony pushing indie game on the system but for the love of god announce SCE plans for psvita in 2014 tomorrow, it seems to me that SCEE are the ones driving the vita forward, SCEA needs to step up.

+ homer4hire on August 19th, 2013 at 7:20 am said:

Finally, I feel as though I’ve been waiting for Spelunky on Vita for ever. Also DiveKick.

+ icurafuse on August 19th, 2013 at 7:21 am said:

I’ve been looking forwards to Dragon Fantasy: Book II.

+ HanGlacy on August 19th, 2013 at 7:22 am said:

hahaha.. stupid! they giving a discount or maybe a gimick just you guys to entertain and give birth to your ps vita that has already dead! ps vita left behind compare to others they have a lot list of games coming up,but ps vita? hmpp ps4= ps vita for remote play? lolz.. they dont even work on ps3 what more in ps4 that has a higher specs than ps3..

+ johnnyp70 on August 19th, 2013 at 7:23 am said:

Lots of good games “kicking” around in this post.

+ DjFIL007 on August 19th, 2013 at 7:23 am said:

Spelunky is a big maybe for me. Was going to pick it up on my PC… but it might be a perfect portable game. Hmm.

+ Stranger_Eddie on August 19th, 2013 at 7:23 am said:

Spelunky = I check out Steam value is 1,00 buck more expensive as PS Vita version! Amazing! Sony make this action for ever game ported! = COMPETITIVE PRICE! The Vita owners will be proud!

\o/

+ akisuo on August 19th, 2013 at 7:30 am said:

Spelunky and Dragon Fantasy II for me! Show that Vita some love!

+ BlueBl1zzard on August 19th, 2013 at 7:37 am said:

Kickbeat, Kickbeat, Kickbeat!

+ poodude on August 19th, 2013 at 7:39 am said:

Aww yea, finally we get Spelunky!

+ Xcaligamer1 on August 19th, 2013 at 7:43 am said:

i so want kichbeat

+ GranpireV on August 19th, 2013 at 7:44 am said:

Holy crap Spelunky Spelunky Spelunky! Yes! Finally!

+ k0wb0y-b33b0p on August 19th, 2013 at 7:47 am said:

SPELUNKY… FINALLY!

Also gotta get Divekick & Dragon Fantasy!

Great week for the Vita. Now if they’ll just release bigger affordable memory cards. My 32g card is full. Time to delete stuff. C’mon Sony this is ridiculous, release larger cards. You must not want people to buy more digital games for the system.

+ whatisdelicious on August 19th, 2013 at 7:49 am said:

YEAHYEAHYEAH

+ Ryumoau on August 19th, 2013 at 7:50 am said:

have no interest in any of them aside from Dragon Fantasy Book II. I hope it is much better than book 1 though. The terrible hit rate and random encounters really dragged that game down. i heard Book II has visible enemies, so its already off to a better start.

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

+ Bryan Sawler on August 19th, 2013 at 1:31 pm said:

Dragon Fantasy Book II improves on the first in almost every way possible :)
    No random battles for one! The entire battle system is a LOT more engaging (and yes, the enemies are roaming the world, you’re free to run past them…if you can) and generally just mashing through the “Fight” button endlessly will end up with you hopelessly outnumbered and often dead.

+ Zionine on August 19th, 2013 at 7:53 am said:

Just looked up Kickbeat.. definitely getting that. My Vita wants a rhythm game (Although Cytus is cool… just.. expensive and already have it on my Phone)

+ Sonicfan11589 on August 19th, 2013 at 7:54 am said:

If u can answer since u are work for the digital distribution.
I have some Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate related questions:
-Will it have a Day 1 pre-order on PSN?
-Will it have a PS Plus discount?
-Will it have the pre-order costumes Gamesop is offering with the retail version?

Please answer if u can.

+ Elvick_ on August 19th, 2013 at 7:54 am said:

Spelunky and Dragon Fantasy: Book II for me. Always nice to have discounts on things I was already buying. :3

@27: They fixed the hit rate for Book I in a patch. Among other things, like adding a run button.

+ BrianMcGuinness on August 19th, 2013 at 7:56 am said:

Can we at least all give a round of applause to @16 HanGlacy for even knowing how to turn a computer on? We’re all proud of you, buddy. Keep it up.

+ Elvick_ on August 19th, 2013 at 7:56 am said:

@16: The only thing dead is the English language. You just murdered it.

+ Zionine on August 19th, 2013 at 8:02 am said:

@16:
1. Know English
2. Know what you’re talking about.
3. About 7 or so games coming out in September alone for the Vita.

+ TXCScorpion on August 19th, 2013 at 8:03 am said:

@31,32

Was far too lazy to do anything myself. Glad you guys took care of it.

+ wally_mammoth on August 19th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

@1 HanGlacy: I don’t normally make fun of people for having poor English skills. But since you are bashing the ps vita…I think I will make an exception. Seriously what were you trying to say? Maybe next time just take it one word at a time and check with your Derp to English translation guide to make sure each word is chosen with precision to accomplish the task of communicating your ideas.

+ helbertpina on August 19th, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

Way to go! Playing indies on the Vita is just perfect, keep them coming!

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on August 19th, 2013 at 8:16 am said:

I love indie games on Vita, and I love launch week discounts. And I also love comments like 31, 32, 34, and 35.

+ martinirage1 on August 19th, 2013 at 8:17 am said:

PS VITA + Indies = Ultra Combo!

+ remanutd5 on August 19th, 2013 at 8:41 am said:

Psvita + price drop + AAA titles = killer combo

+ BlueBl1zzard on August 19th, 2013 at 8:42 am said:

@Zionine DJ Max Technika Tune is another good rhythm on vita. It’s also touchscreen based like Cytus. However, it’s crazy expensive at $44.99 (I’m surprised it’s never been on sale to this day).

+ BlueBl1zzard on August 19th, 2013 at 8:45 am said:

PS Vita + larger capacity memory cards + memory card price drops = Insta-kill combo!

+ Jakintosh on August 19th, 2013 at 9:10 am said:

#1. Spelunky on my birthday? HELL YEAH.
#2. Where is Luftrausers? :(

+ LeFabuleuxDeux on August 19th, 2013 at 9:59 am said:

Cross-buy is amazing! Thanks for this. Can’t wait for Divekick and Spelunky.

+ DecadanceFantasy on August 19th, 2013 at 10:02 am said:

Divekick and Kickbeat titles keep confusing me. I think the one that looks fun to me so far is Kickbeat. Or was it Divekick? We shall see.

+ xClayMeow on August 19th, 2013 at 10:05 am said:

Finally some real Vita love!

Spelunky and KickBeat here I come!!!

+ Mando44646 on August 19th, 2013 at 10:06 am said:

Looking forward to Kickbeat and I hope Dragon Fantasy: Book II is better than Book 1 (which was kinda meh).

Also where is Terraria? And any chance we can get Minecraft ported to PS systems?

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

+ Bryan Sawler on August 19th, 2013 at 1:33 pm said:

I can say (with some amount of bias I suppose) that Dragon Fantasy Book II is in every way better than Book I. The story is more interesting and the combat is a LOT more engaging.

+ Cinderkin on August 19th, 2013 at 10:45 am said:

I was going to buy DiveKick anyway and now I get it for $8 and it’s Cross Buy! This is too good, plus the PS Vita sale with DOA 5, Marvel vs Capcom 3, and Street Fighter x Tekken. This is a great time to own a Vita.

+ Dionysus-Jones on August 19th, 2013 at 11:02 am said:

@16: Crack for breakfast?

+ DarkStar83x on August 19th, 2013 at 11:29 am said:

Dragon Fantasy for sure. Book 1 was a lot of fun. I might get the others, too.

+ Doc_Tury on August 19th, 2013 at 11:32 am said:

Dragon Fantasy: Book II and Spelunky for me! Great Discounts!

PAGE 1 2