PS4-The Order

PS Vita Summer Select: Four New Indies Get PS Plus Discounts

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar + Posted by Pierre Gravereau on Aug 19, 2013 // Director, Digital Distribution

Summer is winding down, but that doesn’t mean the fun has to. To keep your summer fun going, we’ve selected four games launching over the next four weeks to be part of PS Vita Summer Select, our new PlayStation Store event. PS Plus members will receive a 20% discount on each game during its launch week, and — best of all — all four games are Cross-Buy for PS Vita and PS3.

Over the next four weeks, we’re shining the spotlight on some great independent developers by bringing you a new indie title each week. Check out some of the most unique gaming experiences coming to PS Vita, including Derek Yu’s beloved Spelunky, and two-button fighter Divekick. The first game drops tomorrow, so prepare to spend some serious time with your PS Vita!

No need to worry if you don’t have a PS Vita because all four PS Vita Summer Select titles are Cross-Buy for PS Vita and PS3! PS Plus members can take advantage of the launch week discounts on both the PS Vita and PS3 versions of each game.

Here’s the full line-up of games:

PS Vita Summer Select

9/3 through 9/9

9/10

Dragon Fantasy: Book II

$14.99

$11.99

9/10 through 9/16

Visit the PlayStation.Blog each week for more information on the PS Vita Summer Select titles. Which games are you going to grab to make the most of the rest of your summer?

PAGE 1 2

+ Kodax_ShC on August 19th, 2013 at 11:40 am said:

DF Book 2! Can not wait. Loved the first one.

+ TheImpactrocks on August 19th, 2013 at 11:52 am said:

Really great to see the Vita getting more content in a time where it really needs it!!!

+ Slizarus on August 19th, 2013 at 1:22 pm said:

No love for Kickbeat? thats what i wanna play

+ Naozumi on August 19th, 2013 at 4:30 pm said:

I hope Dragon Fantasy: Book II has less memes and Minecraft references than the first game. I liked it aside from that.

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

+ Bryan Sawler on August 19th, 2013 at 5:35 pm said:

The Minecraft part of Book I was really just a bonus thing as a thanks to Mojang for including us in their first-ever Minecon. It’s a very non-canon just-for-fun part of the first game, and not at all in Book II.

That’s not to say there aren’t references to countless other things…but the game also focuses a lot more on its own story (and has a lot more story to it) than Book I

+ tusunami on August 19th, 2013 at 5:05 pm said:

Great Doods this is most awesome to see ah yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ KnifingGrimace on August 19th, 2013 at 5:12 pm said:

Can’t wait for Dragon Fantasy: Book II. I loved the first, and Book II looks to be even better. I also have a lot of friends interested in Spelunky, so I may need to look into that as well.

+ CaptainRadical on August 19th, 2013 at 5:24 pm said:

The first 3 are no brain day 1 purchases for me (discounts are awesome, so thanks for that!),
I would love to pick up Dragon Fantasy (and I know from previous comments playing the first one is not required, but hey I’m like that), but I didn’t play the first. Maybe if the first saw a 50% discount one of the weeks prior to help out with that… But until that happens. First 3 only.

+ Nieds on August 19th, 2013 at 5:26 pm said:

Great sale, can’t wait for wait for Dragon Fantasy and Spelunky, probably will grab DiveKick as well….

+ LiquidSolid on August 19th, 2013 at 5:40 pm said:

Looking forward to playing Dragon Fantasy: Book I in 2014 when it comes out on the EU PSN, with possibly a Book II release in 2015.

+ geneMag on August 19th, 2013 at 6:10 pm said:

Mmmmm. Finally, a release date for Spelunky. Been so hard holding off the PC version.

+ SpaceOddity87 on August 19th, 2013 at 7:08 pm said:

Excited for Spelunky.

+ wait-4-meh on August 19th, 2013 at 7:22 pm said:

Im sooo disappointed, spend 300 dollars in a handheld just to play lame indie games….. way to goo!!!!!

+ Boxster17 on August 19th, 2013 at 7:32 pm said:

@62 there are many great indie games out there so I never quite understood that argument. If it didn’t have full console quality games you wanted to play then why pick it up in the first place?

Regarding the sales, was going to be getting Kick Beat anyway so it’s always nice to get it with a discount.

+ SuperJag86 on August 19th, 2013 at 8:06 pm said:

Any info on whether these games will launch around the same time in the UK and if there will be a similar Plus discount?

+ avluis on August 19th, 2013 at 8:25 pm said:

Getting all 4 sir/ma’am!

+ NintendudeX92 on August 19th, 2013 at 10:56 pm said:

Rebought spelunky on steam for daily challenge.. now again for vita just to have it on the road. Can’t get enough of spelunky :)

+ MisterMagician on August 19th, 2013 at 10:57 pm said:

Does Speunky have the Daily Challenge here?

+ AizawaYuuichi on August 20th, 2013 at 12:08 am said:

Dragon Fantasy Book II!!!!

I may check out some of the others, but dear ****, have I been waiting for this game! As someone else said, it’s always appreciated to get discounts on something you were going to buy anyway. Now comes the final waiting stretch!

+ Apeman24 on August 20th, 2013 at 12:38 am said:

Thanks for supporting the indie developers. Which ones are your personal favorites guys?

+ You_Better_Hide on August 20th, 2013 at 4:48 am said:

Is SR4 going to be online to buy? There is nothing there yet

+ Dionysus-Jones on August 20th, 2013 at 6:08 am said:

@63: He/She obviously doesn’t own a Vita, so I wouldn’t put too much stock in their comments.

Probably doesn’t even own a PS3 for that matter…

+ wait-4-meh on August 20th, 2013 at 6:49 am said:

@71, YES!!! I doesnt own a vita nor a PS3, because i like to give away my money to $ony for a plus membership, people like you are the problem in this videogame industry, it’s like you go buy a brand new 3D 80″ full HD led screen just to watch VHS or beta videotapes.

@63 Like i said, what’s the point of spending 300 dollars in a last gen handheld when all you get are ported games and indie games, if i wanted to play Jet set radio, ill use the DC, or play snes, nes and atari again, if i want indie games, well, there is a lot of free games out there for the pc, how about some exclusive games to exploit the full potential of the vita?

+ OldschoolGhoul on August 20th, 2013 at 7:55 pm said:

Gonna pick up Dive Kick and Splunky

+ FlyingSpaceRamen on September 13th, 2013 at 1:20 am said:

None of these really matter to me but I would really love it if they released episode two of Jacob Jones. I really enjoyed that game sooo much!

@72 Why are you here?

+ lordgyron on September 16th, 2013 at 7:39 pm said:

WE WANT SPELUNKY ON PSN ASIA!!!!!!! Pretty please :-)

PAGE 1 2