Far Cry 4

Star Wars Pinball Free on PS Plus This Week

Morgan Haro's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Haro on Aug 19, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Star Wars Pinball and Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower are both coming to the PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection with tomorrow’s PS Store update! You’ll also want to be one of the first to get your hands on the astounding Killzone: Mercenary via the beta. You’ll also find a timed trial of the acclaimed PAYDAY 2.

You’ll also find great sales including the final week of the PS Vita Japanese Games Sale, the Fan Expo sale celebrating our developer friends and neighbors in Canada, and did I mention… Divekick? The fighting game that took the fighting game community by storm is coming this week as well. All of those sales come equipped with a lovely PS Plus discount as well!

Take it all in, then let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

August 20th PlayStation Plus Update

Zen Pinball 2: Star Wars Pinball (PS3 and PS Vita)

Regular Price: $9.99, Free for PS Plus members

Star Wars Pinball
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away…. Star Wars Pinball lets you relive the greatest moments of the Star Wars universe on a set of brand new pinball tables! In Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back lead the Rebellion with Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Princess Leia, Lando Calrissian, R2-D2, and C-3PO to defeat Darth Vader and the evil Emperor. In The Clone Wars, join Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano as they battle the most dangerous Sith assassins in the galaxy. On the Boba Fett table, the player takes on the role of the most feared bounty hunter in the Star Wars galaxy, working for sinister clients such as Darth Vader and Jabba the Hutt.
Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower (PSP, Compatible on PS Vita)

Regular Price: $9.99, Free for PS Plus members

Darkstalkers Chronicle
The secret power of the dark is unleashed! Fight head-to-head in a fierce and brutal battle for supremacy! Darkstalkers sets the standard for monster fantasy fighters. This fan favorite features vivid animations and unbeatable fighting combinations. This fighting phenomenon is updated, redesigned, and ready for a comeback.
Divekick (PS Vita, PS3) (Part of the PS Vita Summer Select event) (Cross-Buy)

Regular Price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $7.99

Divekick
Divekick is the world’s first-ever two-button fighting game! It earned acclaim in the press & fighting game community for not using a stick, yet it retains the strategic gameplay & spacing techniques used by pro fighting game players. Now anyone can experience the thrill of fighting games without memorizing complex combos & finger-contorting button presses. Purchasing this content entitles you to both the PS3 system and PS Vita system versions!
Killzone: Mercenary Public Beta Access (PS Vita)
Killzone Mercenary
Thanks for participating in the Killzone: Mercenary Public Beta! As part of the Beta, you will be able to access the Killzone: Mercenary Forums on us.PlayStation.com. Be sure to visit the website and login with your PSN Online ID so you can participate with the rest of the Beta community members and provide valuable feedback to the development team!
Ms. Germinator (PS3 and PS Vita) (Cross-Buy)

Regular Price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $7.99

Ms Germinator
Ms. Germinator takes domestic cleaning to new extremes! Inflate and pop colonies of colorful germs growing on your stuff while skillfully using the new power-germs to devastating effect. Purchasing this content entitles you to both the Playstation®3 and PS®Vita versions: Cross-Save, share trophies and rankings!
PS Vita Japanese Games Sale – Week 2

Various Discounts

Vita Japanese Games Sale
The PS Vita Japanese Games Sale continues with its final week!

PS Vita Japanese Game Sale

Game Title Normal Price Sale Price PS Plus Price
Street Fighter X Tekken PS Vita $39.99 $27.99 $19.59
Dead or Alive 5 Plus $39.99 $19.99 $10.00
Ragnarok Odyssey $29.99 $20.99 $14.69
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection PS Vita $29.99 $20.99 $14.69
Dynasty Warriors Next $34.99 $17.49 $8.75
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 PS Vita $39.99 $19.99 $10.00
New Little Kings Story $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz $29.99 $20.99 $14.69
Muramasa Rebirth $34.99 $27.99 $20.99

Last Chance (Leaving on 8/27)

Instant Game Collection

Tales From Space: About A Blob
Nun Attack
Max Payne 3
Max Payne 3 Ultimate Edition

Exclusive Beta Access
Killzone: Mercenary Public Beta

Fan Expo Sale (PS3 and PS Vita)

Various Discounts

Fan Expo Sale
Can’t get up to Canada for Fan Expo Canada this upcoming weekend? Don’t worry because this week we’re celebrating games developed in Canada as part of the Fan Expo Sale. Starting tomorrow, we’re offering everyone up to 50% off a great collection of games. PlayStation Plus members get an extra bonus, receiving up to 75% off!

Fan Expo Sale (PS3 and PS Vita)

Game Title Normal Price Sale Price PS Plus Price
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
Guacamelee! $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
Guacamelee! PS Vita $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
Nun Attack $2.99 $2.09 $1.46
Might & Magic Clash of Heroes $14.99 $7.49 $3.75
Critter Crunch $6.99 $3.49 $1.75
Tales from Space: About A Blob Premium Bundle $7.99 $4.99 $2.50
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack $9.99 $3.99 $2.00
Tales from Space: About A Blob $7.99 $3.99 $2.00
Lights, Camera, Party! $29.99 $14.99 $7.50

You’ll find all the content detailed above with their Plus benefits active when the PlayStation Store updates on 8/20. We’ll be back next week with more details on the game arriving to the Instant Game Collection as well as any other benefits we can share.

If you’ve got feedback or thoughts on today’s Plus update, leave them below, or, if you’re looking to engage with more of the PS community, make sure you head over to the PlayStation Community to discuss this week’s news, find other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus, 8_19_2013, 02

PAGE 1 2 3 6

+ bigjosh50 on August 19th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

ps vita has been getting some love :)

+ viceforce on August 19th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

+ viceforce on August 19th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

Damn you @1

+ IIL0YDII on August 19th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

No killzone preorder? I hope you guys not going to have this Soul Sacrifice disaster all over again.

+ Zionine on August 19th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

Mutant Blobs. I’m all over that, man. :) I need to play it.. got my PS + A little too late to get it free.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on August 19th, 2013 at 8:55 am said:

great game!

+ Ryumoau on August 19th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

A boring pinball game and another psp fighter? Yay….

+ poodude on August 19th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

Hmm, not much for me this week aside from the KZ:M beta. Really looking forward to next week though: Machinarium Vita & a Spelunky discount. I’m seriously never going to stop playing my Vita at this point.

Also, Morgan, this might not be the proper place to post this, but is the US Blog going to be setting up a stream of Sony’s gamescom conference or a blog post with the details? I know there’s the EU stream, just curious if we should be expecting some gamescom news.

+ Quickie_Lindsay on August 19th, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

Nothing for me again this week. Haven’t got anything since July. Disappointed.

+ DonkeyKongKilla on August 19th, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

Don’t recall seeing pinball, eh I’m okay. Not really a pinball fan anymore and got enough of pinball games to keep me a little entertained. If y’all really want to do a pinball though you should try to get the space one that’s popular on pc. That one I had a blast with younger. Til next time Morgan, been having a good time with hitman so this month wasn’t half bad. Not even half way through it yet.

+ kericowe on August 19th, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

Morgan, this is a terrible update. This is DLC! How can you try to pass this off as a full game? It’s pathetic! Also, please stop with the psp fighters, we’re all sick of them!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on August 19th, 2013 at 8:59 am said:

Zen Pinball 2 is set up in quite a unique way in that all of the tables are actually individually titles. Technically it’s not categorized as an Add-On since you don’t need any sort of prerequisite game to play it. However, no matter what you call it, it’s obvious it may not be your cup of tea, but I would encourage you to still play it as I hear it’s quite good! Thanks for the feedback.

+ kericowe on August 19th, 2013 at 8:09 am said:

I’m very happy with Runner2, i would love to see more 2D platformers, especially on the vita

+ iamMcLovinLuigi on August 19th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

Morgan, the max payne 3 discount is ending towards the ps plus discount or non ps plus discount(ps store)?

+ TXCScorpion on August 19th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

Guys…Really….a sale on top of a sale? *sigh* Thankfully I bought more PS cards. You people with your good deals and your Vita love and your free games. My wallet is disgusted with you.

But I love you.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on August 19th, 2013 at 8:59 am said:

we love you too! In a totally not weird way

+ Ryumoau on August 19th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

i guess i’ll try the Killzone beta at least. haven’t played a killzone game before though so i hope its good.

+ johnnyp70 on August 19th, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

Holy smoke there are some SWEET discounts here. Certainly makes up to some degree for the rather poor Plus freebies. The PSP fighting game (wow there’s a first) and the Star Wars Pinball that most Zen PB 2 fans already received free (because of buying the tables when they were released for that app) is a very weak week. But Vita love is so nice to see, and hey Canada love too.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on August 19th, 2013 at 9:01 am said:

Glad you appreciate the discounts. We’re working to provide a great round up of free content, and solid discounts so you can always have something to play thanks to Plus. appreciate the note!

+ akisuo on August 19th, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

Really looking forward to the Star Wars Pinball!! Love seeing all the love the Vita is getting today! Awesome job as usual! =)

+ PanTheMan16 on August 19th, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

Ah, finally a Guacamelee sale! I have been wanting that game for months, but I knew it was exactly the type of game to either join the IGC or have a PS+ sale, so my patience will now be rewarded. :)

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on August 19th, 2013 at 9:00 am said:

hop on it! one of my favorite PS Vita games to release this year.

+ kericowe on August 19th, 2013 at 8:13 am said:

Also, you have got to stop with the repeat games. Jet Set Radio last week, and Machinarium this week. WE DO NOT WANT GAMES WE’VE ALREADY GOTTEN!!!!!!!

I understand some people only have 1 of the systems, but it is SO FRUSTRATING for us with both

+ hikaricore_ on August 19th, 2013 at 8:13 am said:

On the plus side atleast this pinball game isn’t just a demo like the one we got last month. That was a complete crock if I’ve ever seen one.

+ wally_mammoth on August 19th, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

Nice Guacamelee discount! Already have Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack or else would pick that up too! And I am picking up Muramasa: Rebirth as well! Good week for discounts. Thanks Morgan.

+ swisstylez on August 19th, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

Apart from hitman, these other games are looking pretty bad.. nothing for me this week I guess..

+ viceforce on August 19th, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

It’s good to see the vita have some love and some of these sales are appealing.

Morgan from last week you answer somebody with a response that plus deals are done way in advance. Buy that is it at the beginning of the month or the middle. Cuz I see that a lot of gamers on here are sick with Fighter and now pinball games every month for plus. If you can squeeze some of my ideas at the end of this month it’ll be worth wild. These ideas are September’s PS Plus Update

Grand Theft Auto IV (Sets up the feel for Grand Theft Auto V)
Dragon Age (an ageless RPG)
Sound Shapes (To continue the theme of music genre game off of Bit Runner 2)
3rd Birthday (A RPG from Square Enix which I believe you have good relations with)
Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault (Sets up the feel for Ratchet & Clank Into the Nexus)

Also you should come on the blog again to announce the hints of the Plus update. At lot of us (me including) were having fun guess what games we were getting when you ran down the genre. So please consider this and keep up the good work.

+ rwlove on August 19th, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

if its suppose to be a sale on japanese ps vita games, why does shinobido 2 revenge of zen have no sale

+ H1DD3N_SHADOW on August 19th, 2013 at 8:16 am said:

The free games are not appealing.

ANOTHER Pinball game. Like seriously? We’ve had like three and they are all the same.

ANOTHER PSP FIGHTER!!!!! EVERY MONTH WE GET THIS. I WANT AT LEAST 1 FULL VITA GAME A MONTH
I mean even if the game isnt amazing it at least has trophies

The sales are okay though

+ PanTheMan16 on August 19th, 2013 at 8:16 am said:

Is Nun Attack for Vita only? I was looking at it in the Google Play store, but if it can be played on PS3, I’d just buy it for that.

+ SiriusCJS on August 19th, 2013 at 8:16 am said:

In all seriousness, there should be a way to cancel our subscription. Updates like this just take advantage of the long term customers. There needs to be a way to send the message that you guys aren’t cutting it. Offering Zen Pinball DLC that I can get on my Andriod for $1.99 is not cutting it. I bought a PS3 & Plus to play CONSOLE GAMES. Not the 1 button input game last week & not this.

I understand your overall counter is that Plus is a great value in the bigger picture. But to me that’s a cop out. Plus makes up its value in only a couple of games, but it’s also an ongoing service that hasn’t been delivering. Not like EU is, anyway. They can provide their members real PS3 games.

+ rwlove on August 19th, 2013 at 8:16 am said:

other than that i am really loving these deals especially dynasty warriors next!

+ SiriusCJS on August 19th, 2013 at 8:18 am said:

To elaborate: cancel our subscription then come back on when it suits us. If HBO isn’t providing great content that I expect, then I can just take a break for a month. Then maybe in a month or two they’ll have something I want in on & they can have my money again. The same should be applied here.

+ ninth_prey on August 19th, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

Is guacamelee cross buy at that price. If so, my wallet is so going to cry as I’m already buying killzone for vita, Metal gear Solid HD and Ragnarok. Was not counting on more sales on top of sales. But thanks so much for the tons of vita love this month! Please keep it coming! You guys are really great.

+ lxMrH3lLxl on August 19th, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

Critter Crunch for me.
No PS2 game again. Grrr (‘;..;’)

+ CraddaPoosta on August 19th, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

Just more proof that you are NOT listening to your customers.

Is there some kind of hot demand for pinball games? I do not understand why you think people are going to be excited over more cheap shovelware. We JUST got Zen Pinball and Foosball not too long ago. But, you are convinced that the market wants moar pinball?

You know it’s 2013 and not 1973, right? Just throwing that out there.

Oh, look. Another PSP game for the Vita. ANOTHER fighting game for the PSP, NOT the Vita.

You keep exposing your own weakness. You keep proving that you haven’t released anything strong enough for the Vita, since the best you have are old PSP games, and garbage indie titles that are mostly available on Android or iOS.

Want to see all of your subscribers happy? Do something you’ve never done before. Add a racing game that isn’t a PSP game to the IGC. Add a decent JRPG.

You have beaten fighting games, casual games and indie titles to death.

One racing game
One JRPG

Watch what happens, the month that you deliver those two. Watch how your customer base reacts when you aren’t trying to force the indie scene on them, or foist shovelware off on them, while crowing as if those games are AAA titles.

+ thelookey6 on August 19th, 2013 at 8:22 am said:

how many pinball games and psp fighting games do we need? answer is 0

nice discounts but these same games will be on sale in 2 weeks

+ carlpain on August 19th, 2013 at 8:23 am said:

I’ll come back next week…

+ thelookey6 on August 19th, 2013 at 8:23 am said:

how about give us full vita games and keep the old psp games for the sony team to play

+ johnnyp70 on August 19th, 2013 at 8:23 am said:

#28-Your HBO comparison is not compatible here, as HBO and other services similar to that are month-to-month. Perhaps one who feels the way you do should pay the slightly higher $17.99 for 3 months? I personally have no problem paying what breaks down to $4.17/per month for the Plus service, and that doesn’t ever count the many free months I have received for various reasons. To each their own, but a commitment is a commitment.

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on August 19th, 2013 at 8:24 am said:

I was hoping this would be Machinarium’s week. I’m not really interested in any of the other games listed, but I do like that discount on Guacamelee.

As usual, here’s my IGC wishlist:

God of War (all games in the series; digital versions of GOW3 & Ascension)
Grand Theft Auto (all games in the series)
Guacamelee
Hotline Miami
Max Payne 3
Metal Gear Rising
Metal Gear Solid HD (PS3), digital version of MGS4
Red Dead Redemption
Red Faction Guerrilla & Armageddon
Stealth Inc
Uncharted 1 & 2
Velocity Ultra

Also, could you please add Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops to the Vita store?

+ venneer on August 19th, 2013 at 8:25 am said:

Some really good vita discounts there. If I had a Vita I would be all over DOA5+ and DWNext.

Incredibly lackluster week for Plus though, as will be pretty much the rest of the month, most likely.
Eager to see what September will bring.

+ PainOfSarrow on August 19th, 2013 at 8:31 am said:

lol Divekick at 10$ , should be 5 or below. anyways Guacamelee! is great i already have it. Tales from Space: About A Blob Premium Bundle might be a buy for me. hope there is other sales tommorow.

+ firebert42 on August 19th, 2013 at 8:31 am said:

The discount on Divekick is a really nice surprise! I’ve been looking forward to that one for ages.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on August 19th, 2013 at 9:03 am said:

yeah definitely looking forward to it myself!

+ viceforce on August 19th, 2013 at 8:32 am said:

@31 I don’t know how old your a subcriber to plus but before the IGC was born they added SHIFT 2 Unleased as a free game. And also This year they had Disgaea 3 Vita for Vita IGC. But I do agree they need to stop with the Fighting and Pinball games. The only Fighting game that was worth it was BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend.

+ BlueBl1zzard on August 19th, 2013 at 8:32 am said:

hmm not really a fan of pinball so I’ll have to pass on that one. I’ll try out darkstalkers though.
With the Killzone Mercernay beta, the Vita Japanese developer sale, and Kickbeat getting a Plus discount in a couple weeks, I’m once again glad to be a Plus member.

+ Ghostwize on August 19th, 2013 at 8:33 am said:

Star Wars Pinball is awesome(granted another pinball game was not needed for gods sake) and Runner 2 was a blast! That Reverse Merman lololol.

Doesn’t Flashback come out tomorrow?! Why is it that every week there are glaring omissions and mistakes in The Drop post? It’s constant and nonstop, otherwise it wouldn’t be an issue. Thanks for the games doods! :P :D

+ ossiecastro5 on August 19th, 2013 at 8:33 am said:

Question about the pinball: Isn’t the Star Was Pinball just a DLC? Would I need to buy the original Zen Pinball game to play this? Or can I play this without buying the Zen Pinball game?

I honestly don’t have a problem with the pinball game. I started playing the last pinball game as well as other small PSN games from Plus due to boredom. And I must say, they all are enjoyable. Even the last Pinballl game, The Pinball Arcade, is good.

Please don’t judge games by their lack of Platinum trophies or genre, people. Please at least try it. Since this is free with your PS + membership, you have nothing to lose. :D

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on August 19th, 2013 at 9:04 am said:

nope you do not need to have any other zen pinball 2 title to play Star Wars Pinball. It’s technically a stand alone game, like all Zen Pinball 2 tables, so download away!

+ GT-420 on August 19th, 2013 at 8:33 am said:

SW Pinball, nice…I like ZP much better than Pinball Arcade. Hoping for Tomb Raider, Batman AC and KofAmalur to come to + in the near future….

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on August 19th, 2013 at 9:05 am said:

I hope folks discover other awesome Zen Pinball 2 tables through this stuff too. It’s easy to write it off sicne pinball has been around for decades, but the innovation, fun, and character universes they bring alive in these tables really is a lot of fun and great to play on PS Vita. I can’t tell you how much time I’ve put into the Plants vs. Zombies table…

+ CraddaPoosta on August 19th, 2013 at 8:34 am said:

The discounts are the only reason I am even considering renewing my subscription.

It’s amazing how a customer can have such a conflicted view of a paid service. I like the discounts just as much as I dislike the recent additions to the IGC over the past several months.

The IGC has been so awful that I mainly just keep updated on it out of a sense of incredulity.

I guess every company needs a ‘Dollar Menu’, as it were, and the consumer shouldn’t expect any more than they paid for.

IGC additions like Star Wars Pinball = a cold, soggy, sloppy McDouble with onions, when you specifically asked for no onions, repeatedly.

+ CrusaderForever on August 19th, 2013 at 8:34 am said:

Thanks Sony, there is a lot of great games to be had here. Bring on Gamescon!

+ tylerh1701 on August 19th, 2013 at 8:35 am said:

While I still have to say that I’m totally sick of fighting games and not at all interested in old PSP games (especially 8 year old games like this one. You don’t include old PS1 and PS2 games in the PS3 IGC anymore, why include old PSP games in the Vita IGC?), the sales for this week are spectacular.

Besides Star Wars Pinball, I’ll also be grabbing Nun Attack, FarCry 3 Blood Dragon, and Little King’s Story. And there’s an outside chance I’ll grab Muramasa as well, but I don’t like paying that much for digital games when cart versions are available.

Still, stellar sales week. Thank you.

+ pinguino27 on August 19th, 2013 at 8:36 am said:

Hey Morgan,

I first want to say that even though I am not too happy about this weeks ps+ update, I am still a very happy ps+ subscriber. It gets annoying to see people on here complain week after week after week about the games being offered. They are obviously newer ps+ subscribers, because they don’t remember the days when we would only get ONE psn title a month and an occasional ps1 or mini. We NEVER got AAA full ps3 titles or even weekly free games. It is so much better now getting a weekly free game than just a monthly free game. There are still a lot of months that are hit and miss, but overall I am very happy with the service. Thank you.

On a side note, is there any update to the whole Tomb Raider Bundle error issue? It has been almost a whole week, and we STILL cannot purchase it. This is EXTREMELY frustrating to not be able to purchase a game we want.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on August 19th, 2013 at 9:09 am said:

Hey there,

If you’re one of the folks having issues with this, you can contact Customer Service, they’ll have a solution for you but will need to access your account.

800-345-SONY
    Mon – Sun 6:00AM – 10:00PM Pacific

+ tylerh1701 on August 19th, 2013 at 8:36 am said:

@Ghostwize – Flashback doesn’t come out tomorrow, so that’s not a “glaring omission” from The Drop. Flashback will be an Xbox exclusive for at least a month.

+ RoII_chan on August 19th, 2013 at 8:38 am said:

Nice new little king story sale, now we just need a DLC sales too =)

PAGE 1 2 3 6